InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gravitation or InuYasha, and I never will. TT
AN: Well here's another chapter of Healing the Heartache, only a few more left. I would give an estimate of three to four which will hopefully come between now and February, but knowing me it will stretch out into next summer.

Last Time:Shocked, Kagome turned to face the guy who had managed to scare Shuichi off. Standing in front of her, stood a tall, blond American holding a gun to her head.
“Who are you?” He calmly asked.
Trying to prevent herself form hyperventilating, Kagome was about to answer when she heard someone answer for her, “Relax K, that's Higurashi Kagome, Mika's cousin. She's Shuichi's new assistant.”
“Oh right. Sorry about that Higurashi-san.” K replied, lowering his weapon.
“It's alright…”
“Call me K.” K replied.
“Hai K-san” Kagome nodded her head in understanding.
“Follow me Kagome, I'll show you where Shuichi is. K, here has to go talk with Tohma-chan.” Ryuichi spoke, leaking Kagome in the direction Shuichi had taken off.
Nodding her head, Kagome said a goodbye to K, before following Ryuichi. To be honest she was slightly nervous, just being in his presence.
“It's good to see you again Kagome-chan. Kumagorou really misses you.” Ryuichi smiled, coming to a stop.
Stopping also, Kagome timidly replied, with her head face down, “Really, tell Kumagorou that I miss him also.”
“You know, Kumagorou isn't the only one who misses you.” Ryuichi said, starting to sound serious.
Blushing, Kagome was at a loss for words. Part of her kept thinking to herself that this could not be happening and that she was dreaming. There was absolutely no way, Sakuma Ryuichi was implying what she thought he was.
Kagome was suddenly brought out of herself doubts when she felt a warm hand gently lift her chin up. And before she knew it, Kagome was starring into a pair of intense violet eyes.
Slowly, very slowly, Ryuichi began to inch his face closer and closer to her own.
Panicking, Kagome sprinted down the hall in a panic. Scared of what might have happened, yet upset with herself over her quick getaway.
Shaking the feeling off, she deiced that it was for the best. With that in mind, Kagome set off to find Shuichi.

Chapter Seven
"It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone." - Unknown
The concert went off without a hitch. Ryuichi and Shuichi both sang great and had performed at their best. Kagome thought to herself, watching from the shadows.
Blushing, Kagome's mind started to mull over what had happened between her and Ryuichi earlier. The look in his bright purple eyes, were just so, so intense. It was the same look he got when he performed on stage.
“Kagome - chan, what did you think of my performance?” Shuichi inquired, snapping Kagome back to reality.
Smiling, Kagome replied, “You were fantastic Shuichi - san. I'm really starting to look forward to going on tour with you.”
“Really! I can't wait either. We're going to have so much fun, and you can finally meet my band mates Hiro and Suguru.”Shuichi exclaimed, starting to go on a long rant on all the things they would be doing.
“Shut up you brat, I doubt Kagome wants to listen to your banter all night long.” Yuki spoke, coming up behind Shuichi, and draping an arm over his shoulder, looking bored as usual.
About to respond to his comments, Kagome was cut off by the sound of laughter. Looking towards the source, she saw Shippo standing next to Tatsuha, laughing his butt off. “What's so funny?”
“It's just that your cousin reminds me a lot of Sesshomaru.” Shippo replied in between laughs.
Raising an eyebrow, Yuki asked, “Who's Sesshomaru?”
“He's an old friend of mine and Shippo's.” Kagome nonchalantly replied. “Come on let's go I'm beefed.”
“Alright Kagome-chan, I'm tired too.” Shuichi agreed, dragging Kagome and Yuki off with him toward Yuki's car.

Ryuichi sighed gloomily as he ran a hand through his light brown locks. He shouldn't have scared Kagome like that, but he couldn't help himself. When he was around her things just seemed so surreal, like time seemed to slow down for him and his heart would start beating like crazy. It was almost as if he got the same feelings he got when he was singing, but more passionate.
But now he blew it. She probably never wanted to see him again.
Downcast, he pulled out a folded piece of paper that he kept in his pocket at every performance for good luck. About to unfold it, Ryuichi was startled when he felt a hand upon his shoulder. Quickly sticking the paper back in his pockets, he turned towards the owner of the hand.
Looking up, he saw his long time best friend, Tohma.
“What's wrong Ryuichi-kun?” He asked, setting himself down beside h2im.
“Nothing.” Ryuichi replied, his gaze returning to the tile floor.
“Don't tell me nothing. Ryuichi, I saw what happened between you and Kagome earlier.” Tohma stated, earning the full of attention of Ryuichi.
“You, you saw that.” Ryuichi asked surprised. “Oh well it doesn't matter. I probably scared her off.” He sulked, starring back at the floor, hugging his pink bunny to his chest.
“Don't be so down Ryuichi, you just made your move a little too fast for her sake. Why don't you take things slower, and be her friend first.” Tohma suggested, wrapping a comforting arm around Ryuichi.
Smiling, Ryuichi regained his confidence. “Thanks Tohma-chan.”
Nodding his head, Tohma spoke, “Come on Ryuichi let's go get some food. Mika's already waiting for us in the car.”
Beaming, Ryuichi followed Tohma down the vacant hallway.

Kagome couldn't get a wink of sleep that night. Her mind kept replaying that moment with Ryuichi over and over again. It was so frustrating.
Groaning, Kagome forced that memory out of her mind, instead choosing to focus on other, more important things. Like how she should be trying to get some sleep so she could be ready to leave with Shuichi tomorrow.
Grumbling, she deduced that there was no way she was going to get any sleep tonight. Getting out of her bed, Kagome tiptoed her way into the living room, set on watching a movie.
Randomly choosing a DVD, she plopped it into the DVD player. However, barely ten minutes into the movie her mind began to drift this time on an even more dangerous subject, her past.
InuYasha's amber eyes still had not left her mind. They continued to torment her dreams and haunted her thoughts. Remembering these things, Kagome absentmindedly began to trace the scars on her upper arms, where InuYasha had dug his nails in Kaguya's castle.
She just couldn't get over his betrayal and him. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't forget him.
“What are you doing up so early Kagome?” Yuki yawned, sitting himself down on the opposite side of the couch.
“I just couldn't get any sleep.” Kagome answered, laying herself down on the couch, propping her feet onto Yuki's lap, earning a glare from Yuki in return.
Pushing her feet off of his person, Yuki asked, “Does this have to do anything with that kiss you almost shared with Ryuichi?”
Wide eyed, Kagome stuttered, “You, you know about that.”
Smirking in amusement Yuki responded, “Along with Mika, Tohma, K, and Noriko.”
“They all know.”
“It would appear so. And as memory serves me correctly, didn't you used to have a crush on Ryuichi, so anything you want to talk about.” Yuki answered, starting to watch the movie.
Sighing deeply, Kagome repositioned herself to where she was leaning against Yuki, before answering his question. “The intensity of his gaze just scared me Yuki-kun. Nobody's ever really looked at me like that and it scared me.”
Turning his attention away from the television, Yuki took a look at his cousin, whose head was facing the ground in a downcast manor, “I'm sensing that there's more to it.”
Raising her head, Kagome slowly nodded her head, before confessing, “A few years ago, I met this guy. He was rude, arrogant, brash, jealous, and ornery. He was also over - protective, and could be sweet at times. Furthermore he saved my life, a lot.” she whispered the last part to herself, so Yuki was unable to hear it.
Taking a few moments to collect her thoughts, Kagome went on, “I was really in love with him and I thought he felt the same way, but then he hurt me real bad Yuki.”
Sensing her distress, Yuki wrapped a comforting arm around Kagome, letting the silence fall onto them. After what seemed like centuries, Yuki slowly shut his eyes before speaking himself, “I know how you feel Kagome. It's okay for you to feel this way; I still feel the pain also.”
Letting her tears fall freely, Kagome cried for both herself and her cousin.

Kagome let out a small yawn, eyeing the energetic Shuichi as he started to list off all the fun they would have on the road. Ignoring his rambling, Kagome instead focused on the plate of food set in front of her.
After last night's or rather this morning's talk with Yuki, she barely managed to get an hour of sleep before she was awoken by a hyper Shuichi. They were now at a nearby diner where they would meet up with the rest of the band members from both Nittle Grasper and Bad Luck. At the moment all they were waiting for was Suguru and Hiro to show up, and then they would be on their way.
“Oi, Kagome this is my best friend and lead guitarist of Bad Luck, Hiroshi Nakano.” Shuichi introduced, tapping Kagome on her shoulder.
Turning around, she came face to face with the brunette guitarist. Smiling she offered her hand and responded, “Hello it's nice to meet you Nakano - san, I'm Kagome Higurashi.”
Smirking, he took her hand and replied, “I didn't know Yuki had such a pretty cousin; please call me Hiro, Higurashi-san.”
Blushing, Kagome was about to reply when suddenly something hit the back of Hiro's head. Scowling, he turned around to try and find the culprit who had hit him. But all he saw was Ryuichi and Tohma engaged in a conversation.
Turning back around, he missed the look that Tohma gave Ryuichi who was snickering, though Kagome did not.
TBC

AN: Well here's chapter seven, sorry if it seems a bit rushed at the end.