InuYasha Fan Fiction / Juvenile Orion Fan Fiction ❯ The Aquarian Jewel ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

BWA: Hello people well this is the second chapter to my story and I just hope it's good.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Juvenile Orion.T_T



Recap:Kagome stood from her seat having enough and said she was getting herself a coffee, she walked over to the counter but in the process bumped into a customer as he was turning around. Kagome was startled and started falling backwards but was caught just in time around her waist by the man she bumped into.
"Are you alright miss?" he asked with concern. As she looked up at her savior her mind went blank at the onyx eyes and handsome face that looked back at her.




The Aquarian Jewel ch. 2





Kagome was mezmorized by the man's onyx eyes as they stared at eachother for a while before the miko realized the position they were in she in a strangers arms with his hand around her waist.



She jumped back and out of the man's touch as if she had touched fire and instantly started bowing and shooting apolagies at him while the blush on her face was visible for the world to see.



"No, it's alright it was my fault I did not mean to bump into you I should have been paying more attention," the man gave her a warm smile, "Um, is there anything I can get you to apolagize for this? A coffee maybe?" he offered.



Kagome looked at the man and was about to politely recline his offer but once she got a good look at him she started having second thoughts.



The man stood 6'3", very dark brown hair almost black, his hair was short in the back but his bangs were long past his chin, his face and eyes had a catlike feature to them a pair of glasses rested on the bridge of his nose and definately handsome none the less.



She also noticed he was wearing church priest robes and looked at the outfit curiously she then averted her attention back to the tall man in front of her.



'Should I accept his offer or should I refuse? Man he's really handsome. Wait what am I thinking?! Damnit Kagome, focus!' Kagome mentally slapped herself for her girlish desires she really hated them.



She didn't want to offend the man if she refused but she had to discuss matters with Sango and Kohaku of the resent DARKLORE attacks so she came to a conclusion.



"I'm really sorry sir but I must decline I'm in a busy schedule right now and well-," "no it's quite alright I understand, again I'm sorry for bumping into you good day to you miss," the man interrupted and nodded to her a good bye and left the cafe.



Kagome stared after the man and then out the window to the sky her eyes saddened suddenly, yes she had a busy schedule today.


With the stranger



"She was a nice girl," the stranger whispered. "Tomonori-san! There you are," a young teen boy with blonde hair and long bangs like this 'Tomonori-san' golden eyes and a very cute girl like face.



"Tsukasa, what are you doing here? I thought you were with Kirihara-san and the others," Tsukasa had a flushed face (A/N: he's so cute when he turns red! ^-^) and scratched the back of his head bashfully before answering the older man's questioning.



"Well I was, but Itsuki-kun got into an argument with the salesclerk at the Hottopic store in the mall saying he was hitting on Haruna-san and we got kicked out. I came looking for you since we had no where else to go or do so here I am now," Tsukasa chortled nervously.



Tomonori swetdropped and sighed in exasperation he knew that Itsuki had a tendancy to get into trouble but it did get to be very tiring and annoying especially for Tomonori since he's always sending him to the Dean's office for skipping classes and something of those terms.



The older man looked at his charge and gave him a warm smile, "well you go on ahead it's sunday today I have to get to the church for the next mass," he asserted.



Tsukasa looked up at the older man and appeared as though he was going to ask something of him. Tomonori noticed this and chuckled at the small boy's shyness.(A/N:he's sooo cute!! ok shutting up now. hehe.)



"Is there something you wanted to ask Tsukasa?" he mused. Tsukasa looked back up at the man and started blushing again for his nervousness.



"Um, is it alright for me to come with you to church Tomonori-san?" the boy asked in a small voice. Tomonori smiled at his charge and simply replied, "of course."



The boy grinned up at him and qietly walked beside the priest toward the church.



Back to Kagome and friends



Kagome was now sitting at the table with Sango and her brother drinking her coffee and carefully listening to the details of the new information about the resent DARKLORE attacks on the psychics with masters and their two members of the group.



"The DARKLORE didn't kill Yaezaki, Dai, or the other psychics but still it bothers me what is it they want? Is it the jewel or something else?" Sango objected while srcatching her head.



Kagome thought about it as well but nothing came up she set her coffee down and stood up before she left she turned to the two taijya's, "you guys try to find out about this talk to Yaezaki and Dai have them help you I'm leaving right now," she declaired.



Sango looked at her and quired, "why? Where are you going?" Kohaku placed his hand on his sisters shoulder and shook his head and gave her a 'you remember don't you?' look.



Sango looked back at Kagome and finally realized and a downcast expression appeared on her face, 'that's right today is the same day our friends had died it had affected all of us but it affected Kagome the most Kohaku and I had come to cope with it but Kagome-chan won't let go of the past.'



Sango looked at her sister figure and gave her an understanding smile and nodded to her telling her she understood.



Kagome nodded back and quietly left the cafe that's when Sango and Kohaku realized, Kagome didn't pay for the coffee! Kohaku fell off his chair to the floor anime style and a vein mark appeared on Sango's head there she payed for the girl's drink.....again.



With Kagome



Kagome was currently walking through a park looking on at the scenery and children playing she then noticed a group of other teens gathered around under a tree a tall redhead had a blonde haired boy by the front of his shirt looking as though he was about to punch him.



A boy with black hair was trying to stop the two while another blonde a girl with long hair was laughing and a short dirty blonde haired girl looked utterly confused.



Kagome swetdropped at the scene but smiled sadly at them as well she remembered how Inuyasha always had Miroku by the front of his monk robes whenever he groped her and tried to beat him.



She remembered all the good times clearly but it still hurt to not to be able to relive those moments with them. She missed all of them painfully and strangefully missed getting to 'sit' Inuyasha.



She giggled at the thought if Inuyasha were alive right now and knew she was thinking that he would think her insane thinking she wanted to kill him.



She turned away from the group of friends and resumed her walking. As she was leaving a pair of sinister eyes followed her every movement.



With suspicious figure



The figure hidden in the foliage looked on at the girl, "so this is the girl Lord Arucard was speaking of a pretty thing she is," he breathed.



He quickly teleported away from the tree he was perched on to his lord. The same boy with black hair that Kagome before noticed heard everything the figure said.



With the group of teens



'What was that DARKLORE talking about?' the girl next to him with the short dirty blonde hair looked at him and mused to him, "is something wrong Kaname-kun?"



Kaname looked at the girl and shook his head. "No it's nothing you don't have to worry Mana."



The girl nodded and returned to her conversation with the long blonde haired girl. Truth be told it did seem like something to Kaname.



'I'll talk to Itsuki and the others later about this we can't ignore this it could be something about the war,' the dark haired boy returned to his friends and acted as though he was just dozing off in space.



With Kagome



Kagome was walking on the sidewalk past a few townhouses when she heard bells ringing. 'Bells?' she mused. She turned a corner and noticed a church with people filing out of the doors to their cars.



She stared at the church curiously she had never been to a church before since she was not part of the western religions. She considered going inside but rethought about it.



Her feet eventually led her toward the church seeing as she had nothing else to do and the church was already empty.



She entered through the large double doors and peered in and down the long hall of the church there she spotted the altar a large cross stood near the wall with the figure of a man pinned to the large structure.



'This must be jesus that the western religious people speak of,' she guessed. She walked forward to the altar and gazed on at the symbol.



'If the western religious people say that this jesus loves and takes care of all living things why didn't he let our friend live?' she glared at the father and again her hands formed fists.


She was boiling right raging inside trying to keep her inner DARKLORE under control she didn't want to cause trouble no matter how upset she was.



"Who's there?! What are you doing here today's mass is already over," a voice snapped her out of her reverie quickly settling down her inner monster.



She turned around to see who had called out to her and the second time that day her mind went blank and her breath hitched there standing in front of her was the man she had bumped into at the cafe.



She noticed that he was still wearing the priest robes and assumed that he was part of this church he was also holding a silver cross in his hand she wondered at that. The man looked mildly shocked as well once he saw her face and both stared on at eachother.



***

Tomonori was walking through the church making sure everuthing was in check Tsukasa had already left to find his friends and so he was left to check the church.



As he came to the room where the altar was he noticed a black figure standing in front of the father. He also noticed the dark aura surrounding the figure as if it was angry, 'a DARKLORE?!' he wondered with seriousness.



He approached the figure and stopped a few feet away seeing that the stranger didn't notice him yet. The priest took out his cross from his robes and held on to it tightly ready to fight if needed.



"Who's there?! What are you doing here today's mass is already over," he declaired seeing first if it was an ordinary civilian.



When the figure turned his way he froze it was the same young girl he had bumped into he never had a real chance to look at her and this time he did.



To him she was a beautiful and thought her an angel midback long midnight tresses with a blue tint, stainglass white skin, an hourglass figure, a cute nose, but what really caught his attention were her eyes a deep sapphire like the ocean.



He relaxed himself when he noticed the girl staring at him in question and in a softer voice questioned her, "is there something you wanted? Like I said today's mass is already over."


Kagome looked back at the cross and this time he felt waves of great depression he felt remore for her a young girl in so much pain.



"Is something the matter dear?" he inquired. Kagome looked at the man in mild surprise and smiled at him making his face hot seeing her smile.



"No it's really nothing just sad memories that's all," she affirmed. She noticed his smile was one of warmth and understanding and felt a sudden warmth fill her.



"I'm very sorry I guess I shouldn't have interfered. Ha ha I seem to be making alot of mistakes around you I'm very sorry," the man admitted while smiling at her still.



Kagome wanted to glare at the man for him feeling pity for her well that's what she always thought when others say they feel sorry for her, but this man was different she felt something about him that was comforting and beleived that he actually did understand.



Although she definately had no intention to tell him of her problems and so decided to change the subject, "so you work for this church? I'm suprised a young man like yourself would actually be a priest."



He felt slightly offended but brushed it off and responded back, "yes well the head priest here had took me in his care when I was young I was and orphan then."



Kagome looked shocked and instantly felt sorry for him he reminded her sightly of Rin she was and orphan at a young age and was taken in by Sesshomaru.


"I'm sorry...," she whispered feeling guilty he looked at her and smiled before exclaiming to her, "It's alright I don't blame you I mean we just met."



They both laughed that was true Kagome felt much better she was in great depression minutes ago and this man cheered her up instantly.



"Would you like to take a walk with me? I have to lock up the church and getting into the late afternoon," he announced. Kagome looked at him and this time accepted his offer and simply nodded a yes.



After locking up the church both of them started walking when Kagome suddenly turned to him and exclaimed, "we never got to introduce eachother."



The priest looked at her and laughed slightly, "your right I forgot. Well my name is Nakaura Tomonori it's nice to meet you," he gestured his hand to her in a handshake waiting for her to take it.


She greatfully accepted it and replied to him, "Higurashi Kagome, likewise." Both continued walking together towards a dessert shop and sat down at a table outside in the still bright sun with a few clouds.



A waiter approached them and asked gingerly, "can I get you two anything?" Kagome ordered first she got a french vanilla with hot fudge.



Tomonori got a stawberry with mint both ate their ice cream happily and conversed back and forth about nonsense and lauging at a few jokes.



Kagome looked at Tomonori thoughtfully and thougt to herself, 'maybe things will get better for now on,' the priest noticed Kagome staring at her and stared back in question.



She just smiled and returned to her ice cream what she didn't know was that things might become worse for herself and her friends close to the future.



BWA: Well that's it for chapter 2 I hope you enjoyed it I'll update soon after when I get some reviews. Also the time that Kagome spent with Tomonori was not a date just company they just met. Well please R&R ja ne!


Juvenile Orion facts:
Lord Arucard full discription is Vampire Lord "Ray Arucard" some of the characters here may be based on cards from the Aquarian card game.