InuYasha Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Darkening Horizons ❯ I Want to Change the World ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unfortunately, it's a new fic. So there's good news and bad news. The good news? I have a new fic! The bad news? I haven't updated my other stories. And I really do apologize about that.
 
But anyway. Read on!
 
 
Chapter One: I Want to Change the World
 
 
I…keep having these weird thoughts lately…like…is any of this for real? Or…not?
 
Once more, the unbidden words filled Kagome's head, ringing and resounding until her skull was nearly bursting with sound. Needless to say, it was quite painful, even for someone who got bitten and chewed by wild demons every day. As she lay in her sweat-soaked comforter, the high-schooler couldn't help but feel that this was all a bit too much. She groaned in pain, as the words rang one last time, before silencing and leaving her in blessed quiet. Every night for the past week she'd been having nightmares of blackness and darkness. Before these dreams, she'd thought those words were the same, but she knew better now. Something was coming, and something bad.
 
She lurched out of bed, relieved to see that it wasn't some ungodly hour, and rushed to the bathroom, making it seconds before her younger brother.
 
“Hey sis! Not fair!” Yelled Souta as he pounded on the doors. “Losers weepers!” was the only answer he received, and glumly, he sat in the hall, muttering darkly when he heard the shower-head running.
 
Almost a half hour later, it was Souta's turn, and Kagome was hefting her durable backpack, testing the weight against her shoulders.
 
“Bye Mom! See ya Gramps!” She called over her shoulder with a grin, the pain of the morning forgotten as she trudged out of the house, nearly falling on her face in her exuberance.
 
But with a warm smile in place, she set off for the well-house, failing to see her anxious mother's nervous glance out the window, or hear her grandfather's lecture on ghosts of the past. The sky looked odd today, dark and gloomy with hints of a deep purple. Once or twice she could have sworn she saw shadows leaping amongst the clouds, but with a silly shake of her head she tried to keep such depressing thoughts as shadows and monsters out of her mind. She was going back to the Feudal Era! There would be clean water and air. And Inuyasha.
 
Smiling happily, deep in thought, Kagome nearly skipped into the well house, sliding the door open, and turning around to close it, humming merrily under her breath.
 
“I want to change the world,” she sang happily, remembering a popular song from a few years back.
 
“I'm sure most would.” A disembodied voice responded to her song with less than enthusiastic aplomb. Almost instantly, she screamed “Inuyasha!” as if by instinct, and crouched down, arms wrapped around her head.
 
The black-cloacked man raised an invisible eyebrow at her antics, and simply folded his robed arms over themselves. Kagome, realizing that her head was still attached to her shoulders, looked up warily.
 
“Who are you? What do you want?” She demanded, tightly fisting the glass around her neck that held the jewel shards. A scoff was sent her way, making Kagome's eyes narrow in anger. “I'm warning you, mister-cloak-guy, I'll shoot you so full of purification….you'll be purified!” She finished, a bit lamely, in her opinion.
 
The man, or thing, looked intensly bored. Finaly, when it seemed that Kagome would just make a dash at the well, he spoke.
 
“This world has been connected.”
 
Aaaaand TBC!
 
Note: The song “I Want to Change the World” doesn't belong to me, neither does Kingdom Hearts, Inuyasha, or the ideals of fanfiction. But sooner or later, we'll get to the plot, and I claim that. (I think) = ]