InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ AGainst All Odds ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Inuyasha, or any of their affiliated characters. They respectively belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Rumiko Takahashi. Full credit for these wonderful characters and worlds, belong to them! I am however using Naruto, Sakura, Bankotsu, and Kagome {along with various others} for my own twisted enjoyment. The plot line of this story and all of its little twists however, I do take full credit for!

A huge thanks to my talented and patient beta- The Invisible Author! XD

Chapter Four:

With Kagome and Bankotsu a few minutes before:

Kagome frowned and said, “Bankotsu, I’m beginning to think maybe there are no demons in this strange world.”

He sighed dejectedly and said, “Unfortunately I think you might be- “ cutting off as something crashed between the trees to their right, sending a big paw sailing through the air towards them.

Eyes lighting with happiness, Bankotsu huffed, “It’s about damned time,” and gripped Banryu hitting the flattest edge of the blade on the massive paw, as he said cockily, “Yo ugly, your battle is with me now.”

The mountainous beast had three heads, two arms and two legs, along with spiky tusks. It roared angrily and its large black eyes narrowed at the arrogant human. “You dare mock me, you puny fleshling?”

Bankotsu boasted, “Nothing about me is puny, you dumb boar.” staring at it with a smug confidence, that belied his miniature stature compared to the beast before him.

Kagome stared at the three headed boar and asked, perplexed, “Where did you come from, and why didn’t I sense you?”

The middle head of the demon faced her, booming in a loud voice, “Oh a woman. It’s been a while since I’ve feasted on a female.” licking its chops hungrily.

Not happy about being ignored, Bankotsu raised Banryu and jumped into the air, yelling, “Dragon hammer!” as he brought the mighty sword to the ground, a pinkish light emitted from the massive blade racing towards the demon.

All six of the demon's eyes widened in surprise and it accurately chucked the massive tree it had knocked down into the approaching pinkish light. Almost instantly the tree was obliterated leaving no trace behind. Seeing this, the demon's eyes opened wider... this time in fear.

Bankotsu contemplated, “Damn, if I try using Dragon Lightning it will hit the miko... Guess I’ll just have to hit the bastard head on then.” feeling the rush of battle begin flowing in his veins, Bankotsu grew to be overcome with pure excitement.

Smirking as he noticed how sluggish the massive opponent was moving, he taunted, “So you're a slow one, eh?” as he jumped into the air to avoid the demon's massive fist as it smashed into the ground, leaving an ominous-looking crater where Bankotsu had been standing.

Kagome’s eyes widened and she jumped back and then yelled out, “Hey you, stupid pig, watch where you’re aiming.” jumping out of the way as the other fist aimed for her.

--

Now at the clearing:

Kagome crashed through the trees, entering the edge of the clearing and growled annoyed, “Okay, that’s it. Now you’ve had it, you stupid pig.” as she pulled her bow and arrow out and took aim.

She scowled thinking, ‘This demon is going down,’ determined to make it pay for its rudeness. She blinked as her entire body felt more powerful than normal as she aimed her arrow. Her sheer determination vibrated through her very soul.

--

In the Feudal Era:

Naraku was holding up his large, nearly completed chunk of the Shikon no Tama, admiring its dark purple shine. Suddenly the air around it began to crackle and the jewel piece began to emit a vivid pink before disappearing right out of between his thumb and finger.

Ruby eyes narrowed before he hissed angrily and then threw his head back screaming, “No!” in disbelief of what had just happened.

--

Kohaku felt a strange surge and then collapsed to the ground no longer breathing. Kikyo gasped as the jewel shard seemed to vanish without a trace. ‘What on earth is going on?’ she wondered perplexed. ‘Where did the shard go?’

--

Back in Naruto’s Universe:

A huge mass of pure energy poured into the young miko’s body and her chest began to glow a vivid pink in a small spot where it appeared some sort of small circle was taking shape.

The small vial that hung around her neck containing her few shards was suddenly empty. Kagome thought the power surging into her body was a bit weird but focused on her task at hand.

Her hands began to emit a pink aura and she seized up the demon scanning for any signs of a possible weakness.

--

Naruto felt a chill run down his spine and then blinked, watching, transfixed as the Kyuubi mentally cringed from the sheer power pouring into the strange woman’s aura as it grew stronger. The Kyuubi was also fascinated by the immense power but more so by the purity of her aura.

‘That is some impressive power the girl holds.’ The Kyuubi purred.

Naruto agreed, ‘Yeah really… but what exactly is it?’

The Kyuubi replied seriously, ‘I can tell you this much, it’s something this world has never laid eyes on before now.’ Blue eyes widened in shock and his breath hitched as the blonde-haired ninja returned his full attention the sight before him.

--

Really deep into the battle now, Bankotsu twirled his Banryu bring it down in a slicing motion, reveling in the sounds of the tearing flesh as he sliced the outer two heads off and then sliced the demon in half. He jumped back quickly before the now angered demon's hulking body crashed to the ground.

It growled, “How dare you?” as it slowly began to stand up, picking up its two heads and placing them back by its massive neck. To Bankotsu’s utter astonishment, the flesh started to glow a pale purple and began to reattach the heads already.

Bankotsu frowned and demanded, “What kind of trickery is this?” before slamming slicing the heads off again and slamming Banryu through them again. It did not sit well with him that this… whatever the hell it was seemed able to repair itself.

The middle head chuckled and taunted, “You puny human. You’ll never defeat me that way.” laughing as Bankotsu’s ire increased.

Kagome thought, ‘I must find it’s weakness before it’s too late.’ Suddenly she felt an overwhelming urge to examine the middle head. Sensing something different about the middle head, Kagome yelled out, “Bankotsu, move,” and loosed her pink arrow towards the demon’s middle head, and a second towards its heart.

Bankotsu’s eyes widened at the pink glow around her hands and he moved out of its path, saying, “Oi Kagome, watch where you’re aiming that damned thing, will ya?”

His shock quickly changed to a smug smirk as he noticed the demon’s flesh seemed unable to heal itself again this time.

He grinned yelling, “You’re dead now, demon!” and jumped into the air, twirling the massive blade effortlessly before ruthlessly bringing it down and pushing all of his strength behind the blow, causing his muscles to flex and his natural power to increase his own aura as he basked in contentment of slicing the demon in half.

He jumped back to land in the clearing safely and smirked as his blade dripped greenish ooze onto the ground behind him, not caring that he was covered in demonic chunks of flesh and blood.

Standing triumphantly as he looked down scornfully at the massive demon corpse, Bankotsu smirked cockily. “Heh, that will teach you not to call me puny!” he said, spitting on the deceased demon’s corpse in mockery and disgust.

Kagome’s eyes widened as a wave of demonic guts and slime crashed over her. Slowly she felt her hair and cringed before yelling, “Bankotsu?!” and storming over to poke him in the chest growling, “Now I’m covered in slime and blood, and who knows what else. I - “

Stopping as she heard a female voice ask, “Who are you?” slightly awed.

Kagome’s eyes widened and she looked toward the voice. She noticed a pink haired girl standing on the balcony along with a few other guys. She stared at the group in shock and began to blush lightly as she realized she was still covered in demon muck.

She thought, annoyed, ‘Bankotsu, you jerk. I’m going to get even with you for this.’ glaring at her grinning companion.

Bankotsu had also heard the voice and looked in that direction. He noticed the stranger’s green eyes were on him and sent her his signature smirk, replying cockily, “I’m Bankotsu of the Schichinatai.”

Sakura’s green eyes raked over him, taking in the strange male’s appearance. She quickly noted his strange attire of what appeared to have been white silk, powerful build, and long, braided hair, which was now decorated with ooze and chunks of demonic flesh.

He had what looked to be iron armor fitted over his wide chest, back, and one shoulder. On the shoulder without armor rested an enormous sword that looked impossible for a human to even wield, let alone do so gracefully.

Sakura blinked asking, “Huh? What’s the Schichinatai?” puzzled about the events.

Used to he and his band mates' notoriety, Bankotsu’s smug grin fell and he stared perplexed before asking, “How can you not know about the Schichinatai?”

Kagome giggled at the look of confusion on his face and reminded in a whisper, “Bankotsu, new world remember?”

He scratched the back of his head and said sheepishly, “Oh yeah.” causing his companion to giggle again.

Naruto blinked as he heard the strange girl giggle and thought, ‘She’s so weird.’ Remembering the bright pink aura that he’d seen surround her bow and shoot into the demon, he asked, “So uh, what was that exactly?” unconsciously shivering as he remembered how a chill had ran down his spine upon first witnessing the pink aura.

Kagome blinked and faced him, asking, “Pardon me?” with a confused look on her face.

Naruto’s blue eyes widened as her brown eyes gazed at him. He took in her strange attire, wondering why her skirt was so indecently short.

He noticed the wooden bow in her hand and asked, “What is with that pink light that you used to attack the demon with?” as he jumped down to land in front of the two newcomers.

Immediately going on the defensive, Bankotsu eyed him warily and warned, “Hey, not so close, pal,” pushing Kagome behind him and taking up a defensive stance.

Naruto blinked, “Huh?” and stared at the large blade in front of his face. “Hey, where did that come from?” he asked, confused, with wide eyes.

Bankotsu blinked, thinking, ‘Is this guy for real?’ as he stared at the strange blonde-haired kid, trying to decide if he was any real threat.

Kagome placed a firm hand on Bankotsu’s shoulder and said softly, “Easy Bankotsu, I don’t think they mean us any harm.” moving stand by his side.

Bankotsu snapped, “You don’t know that, Kagome,” shooting her a hard look before pushing his sword towards Naruto once more.

Naruto frowned at the weird weapon and asked, confused, “Huh? Why would you think we wanted to harm you?” staring at the newcomers with genuine confusion.

Bankotsu huffed, “You never know.” still staring at him, unsure if they should trust these weird people or not.

Bankotsu tensed a bit when the strange pink haired girl landed behind her friend. She held out her hand and said, “Relax, we mean no harm. Hi, I’m Sakura.” waiting for him to take her hand.

Bankotsu stared at her a moment, sizing her up and said, “Like I said, I’m Bankotsu.” debating whether or not to take her hand.

Kagome shook it and said, “I’m Kagome.” smiling at the two people in front of them.

Naruto asked, “So why is your skirt so short?” staring openly at her toned legs and thighs.

Kagome blushed beat red as she realized where he was looking, and Sakura yelled, “Naruto, show some manners!” before punching his head and making him fall to the ground.

Kagome and Bankotsu blinked. Naruto whined, “Ow, Sakura, what was that for?” before pushing back to his feet and rubbing the knot forming on his head.

Sakura huffed, “Naruto, you’re so rude sometimes.” causing the blonde to blink in confusion.

Sakura walked over and said, ‘Besides Naruto, it’s not any shorter than mine or Ino’s outfits, see.” showing him that both outfits were the same length.

Naruto nodded and said, “She just has fuller legs I guess,” flinching as Sakura growled and moved to hit him again.

Bankotsu who had watched silently, sniggered, “Yeah, your friend is kind of scrawny, eh?”

Emerald eyes fueled with fire as she turned around and her fist connected with his jaw, as she screamed out, “Who the hell do you think you are, calling me scrawny?!” nostrils flaring as she glared at him, clenching her glowing fists.

Naruto and Kagome’s eyes widened and they thought the same thing, ‘What the hell?’ while Kagome’s mouth opened and closed much like a fish out of water.

Bankotsu felt himself fly through the air and crash through a tree, slamming roughly into the second one, as he thought, ‘What the fuck?’

Bankotsu rubbed his jaw and thought, ‘Well that was certainly unexpected. I’m impressed.’ Getting to his feet he growled, “What the hell?! Are you some kind of demon like that damned worthless mutt?” glaring at her.

Kagome narrowed her eyes at him and yelled, “What mutt?” hands planted firmly on her hips.

Bankotsu sneered, “You know damned well what mutt.” glaring right back at her.

Sakura stated firmly, “I’m not a demon.” Adding, “And you need to learn some manners.” Glaring at the boy who’d dared to insult her.

Noticing Sakura’s anger, Naruto suggested, “Uh Sakura, calm down, okay?” becoming a bit nervous.

Kagome laughed at Bankotsu’s expression as Sakura’s words registered.

Bankotsu demanded annoyed, “How dare you?!” Before smirking and saying, “Since you pack such a punch, I want to see how strong you really are.” Moving Banryu in front of him, eyes lit with challenge.

Kagome’s eyes widened and she thought, ‘Oh shit, this isn’t good.’ becoming nervous herself.

Naruto said, “Uh, I don’t think that’s such a good idea dude.”

Bankotsu snorted and said, “Well, little girl?” smirking wider as he noticed the anger in her eyes grow stronger.

Sakura was about to give him just what he wanted when Kagome cleared her through and said in a voice brokering no arguments, “As fascinating as this is, I’d really like to get clean, now!” staring at them both.

Blinking Sakura offered, “I’ve got a spare outfit in my bag if you like?” staring at the girl who was obviously uncomfortable being covered in slime.

Seeing that his fun had just been stopped, Bankotsu pouted childishly and muttered, “Another time then, pink hair.”

Sakura’s annoyed eyes went to him before she had to bite her lip to keep from giggling at how adorable he looked pouting.

With a relieved sigh, Kagome stepped toward the girl and said, “Thank you very much.” accepting the girl’s offer of a fresh outfit. She added wistfully, “What I wouldn’t give for a spring to bathe in.”

Finally making his presence known, Yamato jumped down and stood over to the side as he did a hand sign, yelling out, “Doryuu Jouheki,” and the ground began shaking again as a small cliff appeared under his feet.

Before the newcomers could ask what he had done, he did another hand sign and called out, “Takitsubo no Jutsu,” and then water began rushing over the edge into a small pond.

Yamato stared at the strange woman and said, “Now you can bathe.” and brought up a single tree to afford her a bit of privacy as well. His eyes fell to her companion and he said, “I am Captain Yamato, and this is my team.”

Kagome blinked and stared thunderstruck a moment, as did Bankotsu. Once he realized that he was being spoken to, Bankotsu snapped out of his shock and replied gruffly, “What are you, some kind of ninjas? And how did you do that just now?”

Yamato replied, “We are ninjas from the Hidden Leaf village of Konoha.” Turning to stare at the impassive member of his team, he ordered, “Come down and introduce yourself Sai.”

Sai had been watching from above and nodded, leaping down to the ground to land behind his teammates. He walked over to the two strangers and flashed them a fake smile, saying, “I am Sai.”

Kagome snapped her jaw shut when Bankotsu nudged her ribs with his elbow. She blinked and then said, “Uh, Higurashi Kagome.” She faced Yamato, who had jumped down to land in front of his team, and asked, “How did you do that?” pointing towards the small waterfall and pond, still amazed by what she had seen.

Yamato replied, “Jutsu.” as if that explained everything, with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

Bankotsu frowned and said, “”Never heard of it.” puzzled by what was going on. He’d never seen a human who could raise the earth nor control water before.

Sakura blinked thinking, ‘Huh? How can they never have heard of Jutsu? All ninjas know the basics from childhood.’

Naruto guessed, “You two aren’t from around here, are you?” staring at the strangers. ‘Strange clothes, strange weapons… these two are definitely not from around here.’

Staring at the strangers, Bankotsu replied briefly, “No,” in a voice indicating that the subject should be dropped.

Kagome piped in, “In fact, we don’t even know where 'here' is.” hoping they could help.

Bankotsu scowled at her and commanded firmly, “That is enough, Kagome.” Adding, “We don’t even know if we can trust these people or not yet.”

She glared back at him and argued, “That may be, but they are the only people we’ve seen in all the time that we’ve been here.” planting a hand firmly on her hip. “I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt".

Annoyed at her lack of judgment, Bankotsu snorted and fired back, “They are ninjas.” as if that alone was enough for them not to trust them.

Kagome huffed, “And you’re a mercenary, so where’s the difference?” not understanding why he was being so difficult.

He moved over to stare her in the eyes and said annoyed, “Do not forget who you are speaking to, Miko,” mentally cursing himself for agreeing to help such an obstinate girl in the first place.

Kagome rolled her eyes, not understanding why he didn’t want to seek help as the opportunity to do so had come up.

Sakura gasped and asked confused, “A shrine maiden?” bringing the quarreling couple’s attention back to herself.

Kagome corrected, “Actually, I’m a priestess.” staring at the other girl and wondering why the other group all had shocked faces.

Bankotsu huffed adding, “More like a pain in the ass.” earning a glare from his companion, and glaring right back at her, mentally complaining to himself about her big mouth and naive way of trusting everyone.

Yamato spoke up, announcing seriously, “There has not been a genuine priestess in these lands for many generations now. In fact, not since the first Hokage’s time.” causing both travelers to have wide eyes and then frown, while his team also stared at him in utter shock.

--

A/N: Okay, the two groups have finally met. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Also, any feedback is greatly appreciated. XD

Preview of the next chapter:

While Kagome bathes and changes into the fresh clothes, Bankotsu stays by the tree and ponders their current situation.Afterward Bankotsu and Kagome continue traveling and keep a safe distance from the Naruto squad, yet follow them. Ban wants to learn more about them because Kagome sensed something strange about Naruto.

In the meantime, Team Kakashi discusses the newest development. Plus they’ve decided to investigate the stranger’s more thoroughly after their current mission.