InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Embracing the Kitsune ❯ Hidden ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

IVX: as in all my stories ` blah blah blah' means internal thought and “blah” means talking.
 
~Ch. 2 - Hidden~
 
As Kagome hid in the tree she noticed that it seemed to bend to her will ever so slightly. The leaves and branches slowly moved more towards her as if knowing she wanted to stay hidden from prying eyes below. She would have given it more thought, but she had more pressing matters standing just below her. She quietly and carefully peeked through the leaves in front of her to watch the new arrivals. There were three males and one female. The oldest of the group, most likely their leader she guessed, was a man with silver hair who was now inspecting where she had been pretty much wallowing in the mud. The blond haired boy spoke first.
 
“So what's going on Kakashi-sensei?”
 
`So that is their teacher' She thought to herself.
 
“Hmmm… It seems as though someone fell strait into the mud from the trees and crawled over to the water… and you see the deep imprints here, it looks like they took to the trees again.” As the sensei said the last part all eyes turned upwards to the aforementioned vegetation.
 
Kagome shrank back in on herself and suddenly felt very vulnerable. She was actually thankful she had landed in the mud. White stuck out like a sore thumb in the forest and the brown of the dirt on her body would help camouflage her, somewhat. Her right ear swiveled towards a slight noise and before she could even think her quick reflexes made her jump to another safe hiding position. Her hart was racing as she looked back to the branch she was just on. Sure enough, there was the older male inspecting her last resting spot. He touched the fresh mud on the bark and gave a skeptical look around before jumping down to join the others.
 
This time it was the girl with pink hair that spoke. “Kakashi-sensei, what were you looking for up there?”
 
The man gave one last look over his shoulder to the trees before he turned to address her. “I could have swore I saw a bit of white in that tree.” He gave a thoughtful look before he continued. “Let's move to a place where there isn't a possibility of prying ears and we shall discuss it further.” The teens seemed to trust his word without question and they all moved at once as if knowing what was going on with so little conversation.
 
`They must know each other well to move in unison and without direction as to where or why they are going.' She stayed in her spot listening to them leave to make sure they were not trying to lead her into a false sense of security. She slumped against the tree trunk. `Great, not only am I kami knows where, I'm in an area of obviously highly trained ninja and who knows what there intentions are. Good, Evil, Who knows!' As she thought of the fact that she was somewhere strange it reminded her of what had transpired only yesterday. Her eyes started to water as she pulled her knees in and rested her forehead on them, but before the first tear could fall the voices began again.
 
Now now… no time to dwell in the past. You have work to be done and you still don't even have clothes. Pity…
 
“Leave me alone.” Oh how she wanted to hurt the voices for… well, everything.
 
The voices seemed to know her every thought however and quickly scolded her. “You brought this upon yourself oh tainted one. Do not blame us for your mistakes.
 
She mulled this over before throwing it out of her head. As much as she hated it they were right about more than one thing. Now was not the time to regret what happened, she needed to at least get some clothes and… her belly grumbled… some food before she had time for self pity. “Stupid smart-ass voices.” She said as she stood and jumped down from the branch. The only response she got where the wisps of amused laughter grazing the back of her mind. Taking one last look and hear around to check if everything was all clear she walk to the edge of the water. She waited into the cold water, and took another look at the stranger in her reflection before dipping under the water entirely to clean herself. `That could take some getting used to.' She thought absentmindedly.
 
* with the Naruto gang
 
They were not far from the Hidden Leaf Village, so Kakashi had wanted to report a possible threat to the proper chain of command before pursuing the matter further. Something had seemed out of place. The Charka of the individual that had been there was off. Not quite… human. He didn't want to put his team in danger by pursuing the `person' without more knowledge.
 
As they reached the village they knew it was safer to talk now. Sauske, the ever observant one, asked the first question. “There was someone there wasn't there?” He gained a nod in the affirmative.
 
“Then why didn't we go after them Sensei?” Sakura asked confusedly.
 
Surprisingly it was Naruto that answered her question. “ Couldn't you feel it?” They all looked at him. His eyes had a far of yet contemplative stare. “The chakra in the area was weird. Something wasn't right.” It had seemed a little too familiar to him and he had a feeling of what it was. “You sound so disappointed, do you not like the idea of another?” The Kyubi purred teasingly in the back of his mind. `One of you is more than enough in this world.' He responded sarcastically.
 
Kakashi interrupted his inner conversation. “Naruto is right. Something was amiss and I don't want to rush into danger with out more information. I will be going to talk with the Hokage, please report our findings to the scouting section.” All of the teen's minds were thinking the same thing at this moment. If this needed a sit down with the Hokage then it must be serious. “Meet back here in three hours.” With that they took off in separate directions.
 
* back in the forest with Kag
 
After the cold bath and the cold air dry in the shady forest Kagome, although a little irritated, was finally clean and dry. “Thank goodness for this long fluffy… tail.” `Hmmm, that sounded weird to say.' The somewhat scary addition to her body had come in handy in the end and was now welcome in her still clothes-less situation. After the thorough cleaning, drying and grooming, as best she could with her claws, the tail had turned out to be downy soft and it was also long enough to wrap around her waist. She enjoyed the feeling of warmth and somewhat returned modesty. Though, running around with a fluffy bottom and no top on was not how she planned to spend the rest of her days. “Time to find me some clothes” her tummy growled again, “Ok ok already, and some food.” She said to her stomach. “great not only do I hear voices in my head, now I talk to my body parts.” She looked around. “And I ramble to no one.” She gave a sigh. She was just about to ask the same no one where the heck she was supposed to get this stuff when the smell of cooking food wafted past her nose. `mmmmm, that smells good. And where there is food there are people and where there are people there are clothes. Two birds with one stone.' She took off towards the direction of the smell.
 
Too her surprise the smell had come from much farther away than she thought. She stopped before she got to the mini camp and looked at her nose, causing her to go cross eyed for a moment. `Just how good dose this thing work.' She shrugged and focused back to the task at hand. How to sneak the food and clothes out from under the occupant's noses. She took to the trees to get closer. She figured that it worked for her before so why not? “Mask your aura before they sense you” She hadn't even thought of that when the other ninja had almost caught her. So not one to pass up good advice she did as she was told and put up a aura (aka Chakra or life force) masking spell she had learned from Kaede. She stayed hidden up in the tree on a comfortable branch until sunset just watching and waiting.
 
The group consisted of three males, most likely also ninja by their clothes and weapons. They seemed to just be relaxing for the day and do to barely any efforts to hide their presence they might be on some kind of camping trip or drinking trip or… `who knows, who cares.' At this point all she cared about was food. They had started cooking dinner and she had already missed out on their good smelling lunch, which had tortured her to watch them eat. `I can't take it any more.' She slipped out of the tree quietly as to not alert the three nearby men. `To hell with modesty, I've got to eat and men are men.' She used this hunger induced inelegance to devise an oh so smart plan. Though no matter how bad she wanted food she would still have a little trouble doing what she was about to do. She had been avoiding human contact for more than just the reason of not knowing motives. She was naked, for crying out loud, and demon traits to boot. If they didn't kill her on site they would at least ogle her or worse. `Stupid drunks'
 
She had watched the men drink sake all almost all day. A little silly for ninja in her opinion, but hey, everyone has their vices. She would just make it her advantage. Without fail one of the men staggered his way to their usual rest room spot. Drink that much liquid and it has to come out sometime. (AN: and frequently when involving alcohol) As Kagome saw him near her hiding spot she adjusted her tail to hide as much of her more private parts from the world as possible. She then put on her, what she thought to be seductive, face and jumped across his path smiling at him and running into the woods.
 
“What the…” The blurry-eyed ninja thought that he must be seeing things. `I mean come on. Naked fox girls don't just appear out of no where every time a dirty thought crosses your mind.' As he looked in the direction the hallucination had gone he saw her step into his line of site again and softly giggled. His mouth hung open a little and he blinked a couple of times before he looked up in the direction of the sky. “Beautiful naked women don't just rain from the sky in the hundreds every time you have a dirty thought.” Nothing happened. `Damn' He shrugged. “Ones better than none” he said with a smile, “Even if she is a halussinam… Hallussienamazation.” He stammered on the large word in his inebriated state. He walked in the direction he saw her go. *#@#*#!@$*
 
Kagome stood over his now prone form holding her tail tight to her body as if he would jump up and group her. “Pervert” She said as she kicked his unconscious form. After that she decided to just hit them instead of luring them farther from camp. `These senses have to come in handy somewhere anyhow.' She was finding the improved night vision invaluable at this point. `From now on I'll just hit them in the head. That was to creepy.' And so she did just that, easily taking out the remaining two.
 
After they were all taken care of she went back to riffle through their belongings. She found a pair of soft soled shoes, comfy blue-gray pants, a white gi-like shirt, black cord to work as a belt for the shirt, white bandaging wraps and another shirt only this one was the same color as the pants. She donned the first four things as you would normally wear them. Next she wrapped her hands and arms in the bandages to cover-up the offending scars. Last, but not least she tore up the gray shirt and made a makeshift bandana like hat to cover her ears, though she ended up taking it off do to discomfort and decided to keep it on her incase she needed human interactions. She gathered a few kunai and stuck them in a mini utility belt. She then wrapped more of the bandages around her leg to keep the strap from digging into her before fastening the kunai holder above that. She finally sat down and ate all three of the raumen portions on the pot over the fire, deeply enjoying the fact that this world at least had raumen. Soon after she was done she gathered up the unconscious group and left them in their little camp. Hopefully they would wake up and just think they passed out drunk. Kagome then waked into the forest to find a cozy branch to sleep on. `Yeah real cozy' She thought sarcastically to herself as she made her way into the dark night.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
IVX: Yay, ch 2 is done. I'm glad you like the pairing. It's one of the main reasons I did this story, though there are still a couple more yet to be reviled, oh and I love kag as a demon heh… >.> <.< Anyways special thanks to:
 
madmiko: Thanks and go you, you get 43 points for using the word poignant
Lunarwolfdemoness: thanks for the enthusiasm, ummm… 20 points
bloodbunny: let's see, you in a round about way mentioned I have other stories… so for the story promotion you get 21 points
This Sayuri-Sama: did you get that name from memoirs of a geisha? Well either way 11 points for the name and 6 points for the word scurD with said spelling and capitalized WOW is 4 points = 21.
bluemoon 175: try to imagine losing almost everything you love and only having this one thing that holds hope. Believe me when your emotionally damaged your brain works in weird ways. But thanks for the good review… 16 points
spiritwolf30: late teens, I might specify exactly later, glad you agree with the pairing, I feel the same way heh and + rambling… 24
mysterylady_tx: Well lets see here… three capitalized words, two faces, and enthusiastic rambling… I love rambling 32 points… good job!
Kagome Lady of the Rain: thanks for the good review and cute face… 19 points
halfblackwolfdemon: Wow! O.O; 3 Cap. Words, 1face, 2 actions (extra points for the happy dance of course), the word smexy, Sauske cursing, enthusiasm and my fav… you said FUCKING YES… that's like the best compliment ever… ;;;gets all teary-eyed;;; 103 points ;;;sniffle;;; I love the over exocentric ones… hehe
 
Well really the points had no meaning and maybe I watch to much who's line is it anyway or maybe I wanted to do something never been done before… regardless (heh I love that word) …well really there is no reason for a regardless I just like the way it sounds. Now at 6 in the morning I will stop writing and go to bed.
 
P.S. I'm gonna be a mommy… YAY!… ^_^… and it's a boy… ;;;passes out from lack of sleep and a day of over excitedness;;;