InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Embracing the Kitsune ❯ Seasons Change ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
~ Ch. 13 - Seasons Change ~

Kagome felt the butterflies in her stomach as she got out of bed. She smiled excitedly to herself. Today was to be her first real mission. She had been training for nearly three months and she was ready to put all her practice into use. The Hokage had been reluctant to let her leave the village because of the Sasuke ordeal, but after much begging and Kagome threatening to just leave if they wouldn't let her Tsunade had finally given in. She wasn't so bad after Kagome had gotten to know her better. She just wanted to keep her village and people safe. `I can't blame her with that Orochimaru guy out there.' There was still no comments from the jewel in her head. She had yet to hear from the voices since the night of the festival. She had come to terms with the loss after a while. At first all she could think about was how was she to find her purpose if the jewel wasn't guiding her, but after a long while she came to the conclusion that no one else in the world had a magical thing telling them what they had to do with there life and if she truly had a purpose in this life then she would just have to find it the old fashion way.

She walked to her closet and pulled out her newly acquired outfit. It wasn't new per say, but new to her. She had gone to a second hand shop to pick up more appropriate clothes. Her “Borrowed clothes” didn't fit her right and just didn't help in her training. If anything they just got in her way. It had taken a few tries to get the clothing combination she liked. Comfortable, handy, and practical for the jobs she would be doing. `I just don't understand how people wear some of the things they do and still fight so well.' She had originally wanted a skirt, but after less then an hour she figured out that wasn't such a good idea. She thought about trying something similar to Sakura's outfit, but she had realized although it looked cute her legs had taken quite a beating during her trips in the feudal era so pants would be the better choice. She had finally decided Kakashi had the right idea, so she tried to find something similar to his attire, but not a copy. The result turned out to be better than she hoped. She wore comfortable black slacks that she tied down at the bottom with white wrap. She learned that doing this kept out dirt and insects as well as cut down on clothing noise during movement. She one piece she bought new was what she like to call, ninja mesh, in a tank top. It was stretchy and breathable, but with her more voluptuous figure, a little to provocative for her taste. The part she liked most about Kakashi's outfit helped with that though. She wore a black vest over the grey ninja mesh. It was similar to her sensai's in the fact that it had many useful pockets, but it had a more feminine cut. She also bought black sandals that fit her properly. The only things she kept the same were the kunai holder tied to her leg, the wraps on her arms and something on top of her head to cover her ears.

Today, however, she wasn't going to wear some old bandana, but something special. She tenderly picked up the head band with the leaf symbol on it and placed it over her ears, tying it under her hair. She took a look at herself in the mirror and smiled. Inuyasha would be proud to see her like she was now. Strong and confident. `Or he would be mad that I didn't need him to protect me.' She giggled a little and a sort of pleasant sadness fell upon her face. She shook it off and wrapped her tail around her waist. Last but not least she pulled on a winter cloak. Checking again to make sure she had everything she needed she went to the door and opened it to leave.

Naruto had just about knocked on her face when she opened the door. “Talk about good timing. You ready to go?” He asked.

“Definitely.” She smiled at him and the two left together.

As they walked to their meeting place Kagome thought about all that had happened since she had come here. Learning new things, meeting new friends, finding someone special to her. She glance at Naruto again. `Or should I say two people special to me.' Over the last couple months she had grown even closer to Naruto and Kyuubi. At first she had liked only Naruto. Kyuubi had intimidated her for a bit with his demeanor, but she had gotten used to his personality rather fast. She found herself conflicted in her feelings for the two. She knew she liked Naruto, but what she hadn't counted on was becoming close to Kyuubi. Lately she had feelings for the fox stronger than just friends. What a dilemma she had on her hands. If they were in two different bodies she might have felt even worse about her turmoil, but as luck would have it the two recipients of her affection resided in the same mortal shell. Naruto, the playful fun loving sweet heart and Kyuubi, the dangerously attractive older man. `The best of both worlds in one.' She giggled in her already giddy state and Naruto raised an eyebrow to her. She just waved him off and went back to her thoughts still smiling.

Her thoughts turned darker then, thinking about Sasuke and Orochimaru. After what had happened Naruto felt guilty for not telling her about the past and filled her in on all the details about Sasuke, Orochimaru, and Itachi with his group of fiends after demon power. He had wanted to tell her anything that could help prevent something like what happened from happening again. Kagome wouldn't forget, she couldn't. She was reminded every time she undressed by the markings on her thigh and she had no intention of letting someone get the best of her again.

Her Ninja training had been very accelerated because of what happened and even the Hokage was shocked at what she had learned in so short of a time. She was by no means as good as others her age with ninja skills alone, but her half demon abilities evened the playing field quite a bit. She had even mastered more plant controlling abilities without the help of the Shikon no Tame. That's where the vest's pockets came in useful. She carried around several plant seeds in them. Some had medicinal properties while most she picked for their combat capability. One in particular was a nasty little bugger. Venus fly traps and demon energy make for a useful advantage.

During all that time training in the village she had met with all of Naruto's friends and got to know everyone pretty well. Her new friends even offered her extra training in their special areas of interest. Lee would practice her taijutsu with her and Shikamaru would work with her on combat strategies. The later really helped her in her mock battles. Thinking ahead rather than fighting in the moment, while harder, definitely gives you an advantage. Kiba even helped her with a more feral way of fighting. Her claws and teeth were no longer just for show. Yes, she and the dog boy had come to an understanding after the festival when she visited him in the hospital.

*Flash back

“Is he ok?” She asked in a concerned voice.

“He'll be fine. He's just down the hall recovering from his injuries.” the Hokage answered.

“It's all my fault he's hurt.” She blamed herself for Kiba being injured. Nearly killed was more like it. Apparently the reason he hadn't been to the festival was Sasuke had beaten him to a bloody pulp. Kiba was no push over, but he wasn't expecting a comrade to attack him.

“No Kagome.” Naruto protested. “You can't blame yourself for his betrayal. You couldn't have known. He hurt you just as bad if not worse.”

“Naruto's right.” Tsunade stated calmly. “Right now you need to concentrate on getting yourself better. You were drugged and had a powerful jutsu preformed on your body. You rest and get well.” She walked to the door. “I have to get back to work, but I promise you the Leaf will keep you safe from those monsters.” She directed her focus to Naruto. “Naruto can you come with me for a while. You can visit Kagome later.” With that said she left the hospital room expecting Naruto to follow.

“Guess I have work to do. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.” He promised.

“Naruto, I'm fine. Go do what you have to. Nothing bad is going to happen to me here.”

Naruto thought back to a time when a certain sand ninja wasn't on their side. “You would be surprised.” His tone was a little darker than he meant and Kagome gave him a worried look. He quickly smiled and tried to chase away whatever fear he had just planted. “Don't listen to me. I'm just upset. Your right. Your safe and I just worry to much.” He scratched the back of his head. “Well I better get going. Don't want to keep the old lady waiting to long.”

A distant voice sounded down the hall. “I heard that.

Naruto and Kagome laughed a little and Naruto followed after Tsunade.

Kagome was to worried about Kiba to sit still, so shortly after her companions left she got out of bed and changed into the pajamas Naruto had brought her along with a pair of slippers. They were his and a little big on her, but Naruto said they had to be more comfortable than the hospital gowns. With the less `airy' clothes on she threw her tail over her shoulder and made her way into the hall. Her ears had been covered with bandages and the Hokage had assured her that the doctor was a personal friend who would not give up her secret. `Kind of pointless really. I'll probably be better by the end of the day and Lady Tsunade is being over protective in my opinion.' She walked up to the nurses desk. “Excuse me, but could you tell me what room a boy named Kiba is staying in. He probably has a large white dog with him.”

“Yes I know who your talking about, but are you sure you feel well enough to be walking around the hospital?” The nurse asked in a gentle voice.

“I'm fine. Lets just say I'm a fast healer. Now could you tell me about my friend please?”

“Of course. He's in room 113. Right down there.” She pointed down a nearby hall. “Now take it easy and let me know if you need anything at all.”

“I will, thanks.” She smiled, but inside she was getting a little upset. `I wish people would stop babying me. I'm not a child for goodness sake.' When she reached the room the door was open so she knocked on the door frame and looked in.

Kiba stirred and Began to open his eyes. An injured Akamaru lay at the foot of his bed asleep. He looked over to the door with one eye. The other was swollen shut. “Kagome? What are you doing here... In your pajamas.”

“They're Naruto's actually...”

“What?” He asked confusedly.

“Sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you. Naruto let me borrow them. It seems the same person got the better of us.”

“Sauske.” He said spitefully.

“Yes... but I came to see how you were doing.” She sat down in the chair next to his bed and he slowly sat up.

“I've been better.” His voice sounded a little painful with the strain of moving, but he tried to sound light hearted about it.

Kagome looked down and fiddled with her hands.

Kiba looked at her and could tell something was bothering her. “What's the matter?”

She raised her gaze to meet his eyes and they were sad. “Kiba I'm so sorry.”

“For what...”

“For getting you hurt.”

“...Didn't you just say you didn't want to confuse me.” He rubbed his temples.” Your not doing to good a job of it.”

“It's my fault Sasuke attacked you. He was after me and you would have got in his way. He found out about my secret and he was taking me to some guy named Orochimaru.” She blurted out in at a rather fast tone.

Kiba's head was hurting, but he had no trouble understanding that Orochimaru was involved. “Was that it then. I should have known that traitor would go back to him.” He clenched his un-bandaged fist. “I'm sorry you were caught up in that mess. You don't have to apologize to me. That snake has tried to damage this village before. It's only natural he would come after your power.” His voice softened. “At least you don't look to worse for wear, but obviously he did something to you or you wouldn't be in here with me. Mind sharin with me? Unless it's personal.”

“No. It's fine.” She started to roll up her pajama leg.

Kiba had a mischievous glint in his eye. “I know we missed our date, but don't you think we're moving a bit fast?”

“Huh?...” It took a second, but his meaning sunk in and she smacked him on the back of the head.

“Ow! That hurts you know.” Akamaru whimpered and stirred. Kiba calmed him with his voice. “It's ok boy I'm here.”

Kagome looked at the dog with sympathy and after he settle back into sleep she turned back to Kiba. “I'm so sorry. It's a reflex.” She sincerely apologized. `I spent to much time living with a perverted monk.' she sighed in her head. “This time behave or I won't show you.” She finished rolling up the loose pant leg and showed him the mark. “They said it's a ...”

“Curse mark.”

“How did you know?” She questioned.

“Because I was one of the one sent to retrieve Sauske the first time he turned his back on the village.”

“That's right. Naruto mentioned something about that.”

“He wanted more power and that mark gave it to him. Especially after Orochimaru's men powered it up even more.” He gave her a dead serious look. “Do you crave more power? Crave it enough to go with him?”

“Kiba, that's not nice. I would never do something like that!”

“Well I've never known a demon before, but from what I've been told demons seek power above all else.” He had been betrayed before because of a stupid little mark like this one an he was a little defensive.

“You shut your mouth. You don't have any right to judge me like that.” She spit out a little harshly. She calmed he self and continued. “Besides, not that you heard me, but I already told you I was half human as well.” She said folding her arms and looking away from him.

“Now I'm the one who has to apologize. I shouldn't have asked something like that. It's just a bit of a sore spot.”

She looked back to him and smiled. “It's ok. I understand. Sauske had the same thing done to him and he betrayed you all twice now, but if there is one thing you never have to question about me it's my loyalty to my friends.”

“Friends... so your not mad about the whole black mail thing?” he said as he leaned back again, tired.

“I didn't say that, but if you really want to be my friend then you have to call off this whole holding my secret over my head. Deal?”

He smiled at her. “I think I can do that.”

*End flash back

Kiba wouldn't black mail her or tell her secret anymore after that. He even stopped pushing for dates after he realized there was little chance for him, but that didn't stop him from making suggestive comments to her every once in a while in front of Naruto just to irk him. Kiba found it hilarious, Naruto not so much. -.-; All in all life seemed to be going nicely for her for once and she liked it a lot. It felt like she had a real life again. Studying and going out with friends. Ok, so it wasn't quite the same, but it felt good none the less.

Finally the two arrived at the gate to the village where Sakura was waiting for them. “Hi guys.” She looked at Kagome and pointed to her headband. “It looks good on you.”

“Thanks. It feels good to finally have it.” She replied.

“Some of us had to wait a lot longer to get that you know.” Naruto commented.

“Well I put in a lot of hard work.” She defended.

“Yeah Naruto, give her a break. Besides, not all of us can be the class clown.” Sakura joked.

“Yeah yeah, so is Kakashi joining us on this mission?” He asked Sakura.

“Yes, I will.” Kakashi always seemed to easily pop out of no where. “ It seems that I will be on every mission involving Kagome for a while. The Hokage wants to be cautious about her. Sorry Kagome, but no hard missions just yet.” Kagome seemed to look disappointed.

“Naruto patted her on the back. Don't worry. Our first good mission wasn't supposed to be hard either, but we all know how that turned out.”

Kagome smiled a bit. “Thanks Naruto.”

Sakura looked at her in disbelief. “You actually want things to end up like that?”

“Well not like that exactly, but at least a little excitement would be nice. Speaking of which... What is our mission exactly?”

“We are to deliver this envelop,” Kakashi held up a large manila envelope. “ to the village hidden in the sand.”

“Whoa there buddy. That's a tough one.” Naruto joked.

“Naruto, you know all missions are important.” Sakura added light heartedly.

“Alright you three lets get a move on.” Kakashi took the lead and started walking. The others followed behind him.

Much to Kagome's disappointment the trip went smoothly. The most they had to deal with was the tedious task of walking so far just to drop off some letter. They had been walking for days and were nearing their destination and still no sign of rouge ninja or giant snakes. `Maybe I just had to much excitement hunting for the jewel. Demons everywhere trying to take my shards or having to take them from one. If I were normal I would probably be happy nothing bad happened.' She laughed in her mind. `Maybe Inuyasha wore off on me more than I thought or maybe it's Naruto and the ninja training. Guess it's best not to think about it to hard.'

Kakashi stoped and looked at the sky. “It's getting late and it doesn't look like we will make it there before dark. The desert is not a good place to travel at night, so lets stop here for the night.”

No one argued with the idea of resting their feet so they started to set up a makeshift camp. The terrain wasn't the prettiest to be sure, but the soft sand would be nice to sleep on compared to the normally hard cold ground. They had watched the landscape slip away from thick snow covered forest to plains land and finally to the arid desolate place they were now stopped in. There were few plants and even less noticable wildlife. Kagome looked around as she started a fire. “Who would want to make this land their home. It just seems so dismal.” She was more thinking out loud than asking anyone in particular, but Kakashi answered her comment.

“Haven't you ever heard of the saying `don't judge a book by it's cover'? True it doesn't look like much at first glance, but you just don't know where to look. For example, wait just a little longer and you'll see one of the best parts about this land.” He pointed in the direction of the setting sun.

Kagome, never having spent time in an area like this one watched intently. She watched as the sun that had annoyed her with it's heat through out the day seemed to let up on its torment and soften the sky around it with warm colorful hues. Subtle at first and then gradually deepening into brilliant splashes of color. Kagome just sat next to the fire, consumed by it's beauty. Tiny sliver specks dotted the edges of the scene where the deep blue black of night crept upon the setting sun and she didn't speak again until the sun had dipped completely behind the horizon. “I guess your right. You just have to know where to look. That was the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen.”

Naruto smiled at her. “I thought you would know not to judge things at first glance better than anyone.”

“Hey. I'm aloud to make a mistake once and a while you know.” She defended.

“Oh no, not the perfect Kagome who got her head band in such a short time.” He teased on.

She smirked. “You do realize that the local plant life is primarily composed of cacti. Wouldn't want one to “creep” up on you in the middle of the night.”

“So how bout that sun set. What a beaut... heh” He knew she was only kidding, but it was fun to play along.

“So Kakashi,” Kagome started. “Lets say for some reason someone had to travel at night. What dangers would you have to look out for?” She had trouble sleeping lately if she didn't burn a lot of energy during the day. Walking certainly didn't do that for her so after everyone had gone to sleep, during this little trip, she would slip off to train and enjoy the landscape. This new environment was very foreign to her, so she had better get some info before tramping through the sand and getting herself into trouble.

Kakashi leaned back against a supply sack they had brought. “Lets see... I'd say some of the more important things would have to be the deadly wildlife. Scorpions, snakes, and spiders thrive better than most in this area and some of them have venom strong enough to kill you in minutes. Speaking of which, you'll want to shake out anything that's siting on the ground in the morning. Oh, and when you wake up, don't move right away. First be aware if anything is touching you. Snakes have a nasty habit of curling up with sleeping humans for their warmth. The desert gets rather cold at night.”

“Didn't you just get done trying to get us to like this place?” Kagome asked him. “That dosn't sound pleasant at all.”

“Some of the most beautiful places in the world are the most dangerous. Rainforests, for one, have more ways to kill you than one could count. It gives the land a deadly beauty, don't you think?” He said the last part absentmindedly as he pulled out one of his books and started reading.

“I guess...” `Kind of like Kyuubi. I know he's deadly, but I think that's one of the things that attracts me to him.... which is really weird.' the last part was more of an after thought when she realized she should maybe be concern with that fact.

Kagome waited patiently through dinner and that evening for the rest of the group to fall asleep. She had been anxious to go train with the wicked looking local plant life. She was a little worried about the aforementioned dangers, but with her senses she was confident she wouldn't do something stupid, like step on a snake. She slipped her head band off of her ears and down onto her forehead to listen closer. Everyone's breath had evened out and their heart rates were slow and steady. `Good, now I just have to be quiet.' Kakashi was an extremely light sleeper and it took all of her effort to make her way out of camp with out making him stir. `I'm surprised he doesn't just sleep with his eye open.' the mental image of a major pain version of Kakashi crossed her thoughts and she almost snickered out loud.

After she had moved a ways away from her companions she realized it was quiet chilly, but it didn't bother her to much. Just another perk of being a half demon. Temperature extremes didn't bother her as much. She hadn't even pulled out the desert robe she had been supplied with when her human companions felt it necessary. `What a funny thought. My human companions. I think that's the first time I actually thought of myself as different with out telling myself I was.' She seemed to finally be excepting the fact she was no longer her old self in many ways. “Now what do I want to try out first.” Her night vision was a great deal of help. Where Sakura would have seen maybe dark shadows and undefined shapes she saw almost as much detail as she could during the day. She looked over a couple odd plants in the vicinity and chose an especially spiny bulbous cactus. “Not much of a variety, but this should be fun.” She willed the spines soft as fur while she pick a large round part off of the plant. She held her palm out flat and the thorns sprung back into their ridged state. The plant glowed red for a moment and lifted into the air. The spines grew thick and black as it began to spin. Kagome clenched her fist as the thing gained speed in its spinning. Suddenly she spread her fingers out and the thorns sprayed from the bulb like a shower of needles. Kagome threw her forearms up just in time to protect herself. As the needles made contact with her skin they seemingly turned to rubber and fell to her feet. She hissed as she reach a hand up to one of her ears. “Guess I wasn't concentrating hard enough.” She crinkled her face as she pulled a stray black thorn from her left ear. “I definitely need to think these things through a little better.”

Kagome decided to move a little farther away from the camp site to look for better research subjects, but she stumbled across a scent trail instead. There were two men and a woman. One of the men's scents seemed off, but she couldn't place her finger on it. There were also traces of poison in the air. `I had better find out who it is. They're near to our camp and they could be a threat.' She slipped her headband back over her ears just in case and went into stealth mode, trying to sneak towards the three as quietly as possible. As she peeked over the next sand dune she saw that they were awake and had a campfire going. `That will make it a little more difficult.' Scanning the area she found little cover. The only place she could possibly sneak in close was an area of short jagged boulders and rocks to the north of the trio. If she stayed low she would be able to hide in the shadows of the rocks. As she felt out the energy of the three from the rock she was currently hiding behind, it wasn't long before she realized that the one with the odd scent had a similar aura to Naruto's or rather two auras in the same body. `How often do these people trap demons inside young men. Honestly, can't they find a better solution?' Her curiosity got the better of her and she peeked around the corner of the rock. The first man had what looked like Kabuki mask marks painted on his face and the smell of poison was coming from what ever was wrapped up beside him. The woman seemed to be tending to an oversized fan, but the one she was most interested in was the red head. None of them were talking, so she had to take extreme measures not to make noise. She slowly moved closer to get a better look at him, treading lightly so as not to disturb the smaller loose stones.

From her new location she could now make out what the red mark on his forehead said... `Love? How peculiar. Why dose that seem familiar?' Maybe she was concentrating to hard on his aura or trying to remember why his persona seemed familiar, but whatever the reason for her distraction she failed to notice the sand shifting toward her feet until it was to late. The sand clenched around her ankle and jerked her onto her back causing her to yelp. She was then drug over the ruff rocks and into the ring of fire light.

The man with purple marks spoke first. “Well what do we have here. A little spy?” he turned to look at the red head. “Good catch.”

The woman circled her as Kagome struggled against the sand that acted like shackles. She tapped the metal of Kagome's head band. “Look here. A leaf shinobi.” She bent down and got in her face. “Haven't you heard? The sand and the leaf are allied, have been for quite some time now.” Her tone was condescending to say the least.

The painted man spoke again. “Maybe she's just daft.”

Kagome looked at the man with duel auras, ignoring the other two. They were obviously mocking her, but for some reason this one hadn't said a word. She could see now, he was the one controlling the sand around her extremities. `Maybe if I distract him he'll lose concentration and I can break free.' She gave him a fanged smirk and the other two looked at her like she was short a few marbles if you know what I mean. “So tell me. Is it that demon in you that gives you the power to control the sand.” `Maybe he hides his secret like Naruto.'

“Think you're clever little girl?”

`Well at least he's talking now.' She thought to herself.

“You know of Shukaku. You do not impress me.” The sand tightened causing her to flinch. She felt herself being lifted into the air and raised to look into her captures face. “Did you think I was hiding my true nature?” his face held no emotion. It was eerily reminiscent of Sesshomaru. Arrogant air about him and all. “I am not hiding anything,” He leaned in close to her looking at her with a scrupulous eye. Had her ears been free they would have moved to flatten against her head, but the twitch under her head wrap caught his eye. “ but what is it that you're hiding.” He gave her a knowing look, barely a look at all, but she could read it in his eyes... He knew and he was reaching his hand up to her Head band.

“Gaara, let her go. She's with me.” Naruto stepped into the light and made himself known.

“Naruto?” Kagome asked in disbelief as she tried to look over her shoulder. It was difficult with the sand holding her in place.

“Naruto Uzumaki.” Gaara greeted in his usual flat tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IVX: Ok, I know a lot of the chapter was a review of what had happened up till this point, but I really didn't feel like dragging the whole thing out for ten chapters when we could progress the story line. I will be adding some flashbacks of important moments, but as they say the show must go on. I really want to go all the way with this story and I hope you don't mind me doing this so I can keep a strong interest in my work. ^_^;

To answer Nyuka's question of when Kagome told Kyuubi about everything, it was inferred that she did in the chapter “In Your Minds Eye” at the end of the Kyuubi Meeting. Sorry for any confusion.

FxB , I forgot to tell you about that movie in my author notes last time, but here it is. It's a great story about Beethoven and I, for one, Loved It! The actor did an awesome job portraying him. You should watch it.

---

;;;Steps on to empty stage and taps on micro phone;;; “hello? Good, it's working.”

Addresses audience: “Since the holidays have left me completely broke.” ;;;sweat drop;;; “I could not pay the electric bill for the fancy signs and I also had to let Mr. Announcer Guy go, so bare with me. ;;;pulls out wad of crinkled papers from pocket;;; “No, no, definitely not…. Ah, here we go. Name That Revieder… Oops, sorry. Typo… heh ;;;clears throat nervously;;; “Name that Reviewer! For this round you will all be facial expressions!… kinda. Any who…”

Clusterlizard1 - Sulking
Ethril Dragon - Contemplation
SISTERINLAW19 - The Double Take
GrayPheonix - Chastising
El Ahrairah - Stern
FxB - Threatening
Halfblackwolfdemon - Giddy
Spirit wolf 32 - Murderous
Demonfromhell - Excited
Gina 031552 - Sweet
Nyuka - Evil Glint (…Ripe Veggies? ;;;sad puppy eyes;;;)
Inu lover 2004 - Enthusiastic
Madmiko - Happy

“And there you have it. The first 2008 Name That Reviewer! Thanks for playing.”

---

One last thing. I'm going to be a feedback whore, but how did you guys like the characters that joined this chapter? R&R Please... ^_~

p.s. ;;;Pegs you with toaster;;; Mwahahahaha