InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Friend ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha or Naruto. Plot is entirely mine though.
Summary: See first chapter.
 
!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&am p;*(
Friend
Chapter 2
!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()
 
Naruto was doing something that only Shikamaru would do, and if the said boy saw Naruto doing this he will probably just say `troublesome'. Currently, the thirteen year-old was lying on his back on top of his bed and watching the clouds go by through his window.
 
He was bored…Jiraiya or Ero-Sennin as he called him was away on missions and Kakashi-sensei was too busy with Sasuke, only because he was ordered by Tsunade-baa. After all it had been several months since the incident when Sasuke tried to leave Konoha and be with Orochimaru to obtain power but that failed since Naruto was able to succeed the mission in bringing back Sasuke with the help of Chouji, Neji, Kiba and Shikamaru. Also let's not forget Lee and the Sand Siblings Temari, Kankuro and Gaara.
 
He really couldn't bother Sakura as she was doing some training with Shizune. Also the rest of the rookie nine and Gai's Team were either on missions or training.
 
You know you could do some training of your own, gaki.”Kyuubi's menacing voice filled Naruto's head. “Or better yet how about terrorizing Konoha my way?
 
`Dumb Furball. Just leave me alone and since when did you want to cause havoc? I thought you had already given that up?'Naruto's relationship with the Nine-tailed Demon had changed dramatically in a sense and now both treated each other as brothers. This relationship started after Naruto had got Sasuke back, during the time when Naruto was in hospital with critical damage.
 
Oh no! I haven't given anything up yet…just bidding my time.” Kyuubi hesitated a bit but it went unnoticed by Naruto as he was to busy thinking about something else. `Yeah sure, bidding your time'Naruto replied sarcastically. `Now leave me alone.'
 
How rude! Here I am trying to strike up a conversation and my kit just brushes me off! Oh my poor lonesome self, am I to suffer from boredom just because the kit decided to ignore me -”Kyuubi continued on with his dramatic speech, causing Naruto to often scowl or frown.
 
`Dumb Furball can't you leave me to my thoughts!'Naruto snapped Kyuubi frowned at this and turned around showing his back and nine tails to Naruto's mind view. “Humph! Fine. I'll leave you alone but what are you thinking about that's making you so depressing?
 
Naruto sighed tiredly `Same thing that I always think about.' Kyuubi nodded and left Naruto alone to his thoughts
 
- - -
 
“How is this lousy mission a B-ranked Class!” Naruto shouted and half complained, not really asking for an answer.
 
“Because baka. Tsunade-sama told us that the mission scroll held no information important and not only that it was really hard to understand as it seemed whoever sent the scroll was in a hurry, so we should be careful incase there are bandits, missing-nins and other ninjas involved.” Sakura recited everything they were told earlier that day. Looking around her eyes glowed quite evilly and if someone was looking at the pink haired girl right now, they would have seen inner Sakura taking some control; because the girl had just noticed that her blonde teammate's attention was off somewhere else.
 
“Tch. How troublesome.” muttered Shikamaru, listening to wait Sakura had said and playing Shogi at the same time against Hinata, as Naruto and Kiba watched.
 
This mission the five ninjas were given was a just simple task of escorting someone very important. But as Sakura had said, the mission details were very vague, so they had no idea how important this person was and why they needed protection. Also with how long it took to take someone to the Lightning Country, Tsunade the Fifth Hokage of Konoha ranked it as a B class mission.
 
Originally this mission was just for Team 7, but with only two members left, as Sasuke was on probation as punishment from trying to leave the village and Kakashi was out of commission and many jounins and chuunins were away on missions. Sakura and Naruto needed three more members. Luckily for them Shikamaru was the remaining chuunin left that wasn't on active duty, Hinata and Kiba were the only genins that decided to go on the mission.
 
And so, the five ninjas were now currently waiting at the place where they were told to go to meet this person they were going to protect. But since no one had shown up for quite awhile Shikamaru took out a Shogi board he had brought and started to play against Hinata.
 
To pass the time Naruto and Kiba often sparred against each other using verbal tactics, which often got out of hand and Sakura just shook her head at the two boys and sat down on the grass and watched them.
 
But unknown to the unsuspecting group five pair of eyes watched their every move.
 
- - -
 
Tiredly sighing out loud for the hundredth time it seemed that day. Kagome shielded her eyes against the sun's hot rays of light and scoped around her surroundings.
 
She was tired of this. Getting lost all the time and not getting any nearer or closer to her destination.
 
Sitting down on the large stone near the road, Kagome decided to rest up and catch her breath. Taking out her compass, she studied it for a few seconds, before her blue eyes light up with anger and she threw the compass to the ground, arms up in the air in frustration.
 
“IT DOESN'T EVEN BLOODY WORK! HOW CAN I GO ANYWHERE WITH A BROKEN COMPASS!”
 
Again she sighed. Crossing her legs and leaning on her palm, fingers tapping against her chin.
 
“I need a traveling companion. Someone who knows their way around this…this place.
 
But it probably won't be cheap. Kuso! And I'm out of money! Who in their right mind would work without pay? … If I'm lucky enough I'll probably get someone as empty-headed as Hojo, but then if I do…they probably won't get the hint when I try to tell them to leave.” This time she scowled and messed up her hair.
 
“Argh! Man what would Fluffy nii-san say when he sees me in such a state? He'll probably do that cold look he does and look at me haughtily then say to me in his emotionless voice `Miko, what happened to my imouto? Are you that weak that you cannot travel alone? Blah blah blah…' Well let's see how well he does when he is stuck in place where he doesn't know where to go!” It seemed to the audience right now that Kagome forgot all about Sesshoumaru's demon abilities.
 
Smacking herself on her forehead, Kagome sighed…again. `Great now I'm talking to myself! At least no one answered back. That would have been creepy.'
 
Jumping off the stone, dusting herself off Kagome walked on. She wished that six years ago when she had been traveling every country she had drawn up a map, just so she wouldn't be in this predicament, she knew with how long she was taking, she just hoped that Naruto was still waiting for her. She couldn't wait to see her surrogate little brother again.
 
As Kagome imagined how she would make her entrance to Naruto, her thoughts lead to her something that happened a few days ago.
 
Kagome remembered everything, arriving in some town had given her the chills, the people she remembered were very nice and welcoming despite how low the economy was.
 
On her second day staying at the town, she had come across a suspicious looking old man who gave her the creeps at first glance, Kagome could tell by his aura that the man with the few strands left on his hair, yellow eyes and walking around with a cane was someone not to be trusted. Unfortunately for her the man had been looking for her and wanted to give her some important information.
 
At first Kagome didn't believe him, but with the man begging her to let him talk with her and actually begging down onto his knees. Kagome decided to hear out what the man could tell her.
 
The information he gave her at first shocked her, but then Kagome did something irrational that she now regrets. Letting her emotions get of control her miko ki/energy flared out and stunned the man rooted on the spot, grabbing her bow and arrows she aimed the arrow to his throat and angrily demanded him if they were true. Once he confirmed it to her that every piece of information he held were genuine Kagome let him go and sank down onto her knees.
 
It was the piece of information she had been looking for years and now she was a tiny bit closer to finding out what had happened all those years ago.
 
- - -
 
Half an hour had gone by and the five ninjas could now be seen walking to their destination but in a group formation.
 
They were protecting the man in the middle. With Shikamaru and Kiba in the lead, behind them were Naruto and Sakura with Hinata at the back.
 
In the middle of them all was an old balding man, by just looking at him it was obvious that he was very wealthy and liked to show it off with the expensive kimonos he wore and the three gold rings he wore on his right hand. The man was also a very thin man and to top it all off he was very arrogant and they were protecting someone they would rather ditch and get rid of.
 
Since the time he had arrived all he had done was complain; about the lack of transport, no adult bodyguards and how the brats were all weaklings and how it showed that Konoha was a lousy village.
 
At this Shikamaru and Hinata had to hold Naruto and Kiba from beating up the man, while Sakura berated the blonde for his lack of control, but then it quickly changed when the arrogant man said something rude about Sakura and everyone was trying to hold off the pink-haired genin.
 
“How could the Hokage-sama assign some pesky brats as my protectors? I am an important individual, someone who is expected and worshipped everywhere and even the Lords bow down to me!” the man complained and bragged.
 
“Kensuke-san. Everyone of us are all talented ninjas and can provide you all the protection you need” said Sakura trying to reassure the old man with an annoyed tone.
 
“Sakura-chan, don't bother with him, he isn't worth it,” Naruto glared at Kensuke.
 
“I have to agree with the idiot on this,” muttered Kiba low enough not to be heard, Akamaru barked in agreement.
 
Unfortunately Naruto had heard.
 
“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME DOG-BREATH!” shouted Naruto changing his glare's direction to Kiba's back.
 
“WHAT DO YOU THINK BAKA?” shouted back Kiba not even bothering to turn around.
 
“I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE!”
 
“WHY WOULD I WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY FACE?”
 
“ARE YOU A COWARD THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN LOOK AT ME!”
 
“How troublesome,” muttered Shikamaru, his hands in his pants pockets not even looking at the two males going at it.
 
With everyone's (mostly Sakura and Kensuke) attention on Naruto and Kiba, no one noticed the quiet Hyuuga heiress turn on her Byakugan and her white lavender eyes widening.
 
“G-guys? U-um…” Hinata softly tried to get everyone's attention.
 
Shikamaru noticed the blue haired girl's wide eyes and knew at once what was happening.
 
“GET DOWN!”
 
Grabbing Naruto's arm where Naruto had a hold on Kiba and Sakura with her grip on both of the boys was dragged down.
 
Hinata had in time brought down a resistant Kensuke with her, when a kunai had just passed the air where their heads had been.
 
They all stayed down on the ground, heavily panting.
 
“I can't sense any chakra,” Shikamaru said finally after a whole minute “Kiba, Naruto with both of you known for your tracking and sensing abilities can both of you track down-”
 
“Already ahead of you, Shikamaru,” interrupted Naruto who was already closing his eyes and sending out his senses with Kiba close behind him.
 
`Whoa when did Naruto know what to do?' thought Sakura, Hinata also decided to check their surroundings as her Byakugan was already on.
 
“There are three ninjas hiding in the trees to the right and another two to the far left.” said Naruto opening his eyes.
 
“The idiot's correct, but they all seem to be suppressing down their chakra” confirmed Kiba.
 
“Well looks like we will have to get ready for a fight,” stated Sakura, getting out her three kunai and channeling her chakra onto them.
 
“They are heading this way!” cried out Hinata.
 
!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*()
 
Well I'm ending it here because I'm exhausted and also the fact that I've never written a fight scene before. But I think you are all tired of waiting so I decided to post up now.
 
I give a big bear hug and cookie to all the people who reviewed on ff.net, mediaminer and fichaven.
 
I love all sorts of criticism and appreciate the positive words as it inspires me to continue.
 
Got to go now, and I hope it's a bit longer than last time. I also hope that this doesn't seem like a filler chapter but if does oh well better next time.
 
Goodbye for now
Avestia
 
P.S Don't forget to review!