InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Hands of Fate ❯ Memories and Lies ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, Naruto, or any of the characters mentioned.
Italics means a thought.

 
PREVIOUSLY:
Neji's eyes widened at this realization.
 
“Don't ever regret anything you do in life Neji. You'll just be adding more sadness to your life. And you don't deserve that.”
 
Neji began slowly walking up to Kagome.
“There's nothing I regret in life. I don't regret being part of the branch house of the Hyuga clan. I don't regret losing to Naruto in the chuunin exams. And mostly, Kagome, I have no regrets about meeting you.”
Neji brought Kagome into his lean body and gave her the most passionate kiss she had ever felt.
 
How dare he tell Kagome pretty lies? She deserves better than some lying Hyuga. Someone like me.
 
 
Kagome, can't you see the Hyuga's lying to you? You'll just get hurt if you keep loving him. Should I tell Kagome he's lying? If she believes me, she'll be crushed. If she doesn't believe me, she may hate me for life.
 
Sensing someone was watching them, Neji's eyes shot open. Veins grew around his eyes as he used his Byakugan to see and identify anyone in their surrounding.
 
Itachi cursed. Damn, he'll know I'm here. He ran and grabbed Kagome from Neji's arms, just as Neji was unleashing his Byakugan.
 
Trees, a squirrel, Naruto having a ramen picnic…ah. Uchiha Itachi. Running with a bundle in his hands…Kagome?!
Neji looked down at his arms and discovered something was missing.
Itachi must have taken Kagome. I promised I'd always protect Kagome, but I don't know where. I'll go find Sasuke and see if he knows where Itachi might be hiding.
Neji left running to Team Seven's training spot.
 
 
“Yee!!!”
 
Itachi covered Kagome's mouth with his hand as he ran through the forest.
“Shh!”
 
“I-Itachi? You're kidnapping me?!”
 
Itachi slapped his forehead protector with his other hand. Unfortunately, that hand was holding Kagome against his body. Kagome fell with a thump to the forest floor.
 
“Ow! What was that for Itachi?!”
 
Itachi picked Kagome up and cradled her against his body.
“I'm sorry. I felt like slapping my head for a minute there.”
 
Kagome giggled and rubbed Itachi's forehead protector softly.
“You okay?”
 
“Yes I am.”
 
“Why did you take me away from Neji? Nothing's going on, is it?”
 
“Will you believe me if I tell you something?”
 
Kagome immediately grew wary.
“It depends what it is Itachi.”
 
“The Hyuga-”
 
“Neji.”
 
“Are you persistent or-Neji has been lying to you all along. Do you remember the clang you heard when you and Neji were,” Itachi frowned, “embracing?”
 
“Uh-huh. Neji said that someone wanted to kill us both.”
 
“Did you wonder why you never heard him drawing his kunai?”
 
“I just-Neji doesn't have a reason to lie to me Itachi.”
 
“If he wanted to kill you, we both know that he would have to lie to you.”
 
“He promised me he would always protect me. Neji is my savior, and I have always trusted him.”
 
Itachi stopped in his tracks and pinned Kagome to the floor.
“You are mine my Kagome. And you always will be. Did you not forget our past?”
 
“I lived with my mom, my grandpa, and my little brother Souta. I've never been to this land until a few weeks ago.”
 
“You lived with the Uchiha clan in my house. You, Sasuke, and I always played together in the fields. You always used to pick flowers for my mother, Mikoto, and always had these long talks about politics and the Konoha Keimu Butai, the police force of Konoha, with my father, Uchiha Fugaku. You two used to be like father and daughter.”
 
“But...why don't I remember any of this?”
 
“I, I killed my whole clan. The only people I left alive were you and Sasuke. Sasuke was my brother, and you were my first love. I erased your memory and left you in a well, hoping someone from Konoha would raise you. The well engulfed in a shining light, and as the light faded, you were gone.”
Itachi's eyes shined with unshed tears.
“I gave up all hope that you were alive, yet I promised you that we would eventually be together. I joined the Akatsuki and killed many. Call me warped, but I was hoping that one day, the sin on my hands would be enough to bring you back.
A true smile lit up Itachi's whole face as he looked at Kagome.
“And it did. It brought you back to me. Now here you are, a beautiful, mature woman.”
 
Kagome wrapped her arms around Itachi's neck.
“Thank you, Tachi-kun. I've been waiting forever to find you again. A part of me wants to leave with you, but a part of me wants to stay with Neji too. I don't know what to do Tachi-kun.”
 
Itachi tilted Kagome's head up and met her lips with his.
“Do what your heart tells you. All I want is for you to be happy my Kagome, whether it be with me, the Hyuga, or anyone else of your choice. Remember one thing for me, will you?”
 
“What's that?”
 
“I'm always here for you, no matter what.”
 
Thank you Itachi-kun.