InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Naruto and probably never will
 
Last Time:
 
Now, for Naruto, it was a normal occurrence to be fighting over something, but the usually laid back jounin and the indifferent Uchiha? Now that's a sight to behold! And this is just the start of their road of adventures!
 
Kagome still remaining oblivious to the war behind her and the girl boring holes into her back and the two demons laughing silently inside…
 
This Time:
 
“…And that's pretty much what happened when you were gone. Oh yeah! Me and Sakura and Sasuke became chuunins!! Now, I'm one step closer to becoming Hokage!!” Naruto exclaimed proudly. It was morning and they had been talking of the past three years.
 
(A/N Gomen, I didn't want to write the whole life of Team Seven while Kagome was away. If there is something important, it will be added in later on)
 
Kagome grinned. “That's great Naru-kun! I'm still genin because I didn't take the chuunin test before I left. I'll stick with you every step of the way until you finally become Hokage!”
 
Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura were behind them watching with envy. The two had been nearly inseparable except for a couple of baths and the occasional hunt for food. Although shinobi had to learn to adapt to sleeping wherever possible, including the cold ground, it was still uncomfortable. Even though the two Sharingan users would never admit it, they wished they were in Naruto's spot, holding Kagome in their arms.
 
“Thanks Kagome! That means so much to me, you were my first true friend-”
 
“And I'll always stay your friend!” Kagome interrupted.
 
“Kagome-chan, you know the other day when you res… er.. I mean helped us?” At her nod, Naruto continued, “How did you destroy those demons just with one attack?”
 
“Yes, I have been wondering for a while as well, Kagome,” Kakashi said. The other three had been listening to their conversation the whole time.
 
“Like I told you guys before, my clan or tribe or village, whatever you want to call it, was known for its priestesses and element users. I have two Kekai Genkai or Advanced Bloodline Trait that I have discovered. The first one is the miko blood that I got from Midoriko and Kikyo's side of the family. As you guys know, Kikyo is my mother but I haven't told you of Midoriko yet. She is now a legend, the one who created the Shikon. You all know the story of the Jewel already so I won't repeat it. My mother had told me when I was younger that she had a vision of the great warrior-miko. In this vision she was told that I held the power to destroy the world if I fell into the wrong hands. I was also told that somehow, Fate had made it so I held all the power of the strongest miko's before me. What you saw was my new purification technique, I can gather energy and when released the ki will destroy anything with youkai blood.
 
“My second Kekai Genkai is the ability to control the elements. This I got from father. He was named Kage for his unique ability to control shadows at a young age. I can control only the basic elements now; Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. The more advanced ones I have yet to learn. I can also control the shadows as my father once had. `It is a perfect balance for my purity, like Yin and Yang' some people tell me. As you have noticed, the Bloodline Traits are like this Haku's that you speak of. I can just control it, don't having to activate it or anything. It's kind of hard to explain…” Kagome told them.
 
“Hmm. Can we see your elemental powers?” Kakashi asked.
 
Kagome nodded and stuck out her hand, palm facing upwards. She mumbled something under her breath and before their eyes and orb of fire leaped on the appendage. When she was sure that everyone had a good look, the fire was put out by a drop of water, next the water was absorbed by the earth in its place, then the brown dirt was swept away by a gust of wind, the air swirling about.
 
Team Seven was entranced by the beauty that lay in the palm of a hand and amazed by the person who the hand was attached to.
 
“Sugoi!”
 
“Amazing…”
 
“Hn…”
 
“Wow..”
 
Kagome blushed a healthy shade of pink and started walking down the worn path again beside Ryu and Saito who were almost forgotten in the midst of voices. The two were pulling the cart towards Hidden Leaf Village, the gates already visable.
 
The guys and girls approached the large wooden doors guarded by two cloaked men.
 
(A/N I'm going to repeat what I think I have said before and say, I'm going to be making up a lot of things in this fic so don't be surprised if it isn't in the anime or manga)
 
“Halt! Who are you and state your business.” One of the two said.
 
“This is Team Seven and we have finished the mission given to us. The woman is Kagome, you may not know her but the Hokage had given her special permission to return.” Kakashi answered for the rest.
 
The two guards grudgingly opened the large doors and let them pass through.
 
“Wow! The village looks like it hasn't changed a bit!” Kagome said surprised.
 
“Yes,” Sasuke agreed, “but the people has.”
 
Kagome looked at him confused but Sakura, Kakashi, and Naruto knew what he was talking about. Almost all the genin, chuunin, jounin, even the Hokage and ANBU had loved Kagome in some way. She was the light of Konoha, her innocence and shy but fiery nature endearing. Many of the inhabitants of Leaf had grown depressed, distanced or colder when she left, some even trying to put the blame of why she left on others.
 
The sound of barking caught their attention and snapped them out of their thoughts. The now completed Team Seven turned their heads towards the source.
 
A small white ball of fur tackled Kagome to the ground. The fallen girl took one look at her attacker and squealed, “Akamaru!!”
 
The four year old dog yipped and licked her face happily, glad she remembered him.
 
He was with his master Kiba when the smell he could never forget, hit his sensitive nose. It was his past mistress' scent, the one scent he had ingrained into his mind. Akamaru leapt off Kiba's head and sprinted as fast as he could toward the scent, the one he missed so much.
 
Speaking of Kiba, he could now be seen running towards them and looking for his inu. When he caught sight of the familiar white fur he started over to Team Seven. What he saw shocked him. “K-Kagome?!”
 
“Kiba-kun!” Kagome got up and met him halfway. She embraced him in a bear hug and he wrapped his arms around her as well. “I missed you and Akamaru a lot,” she murmured.
 
To anybody who looked, it looked like the two teens were in a lover's embrace. That is what Kakashi, Sasuke, and Naruto saw. If they had been youkai, their eyes would have started to bleed red as jealousy crept into their hearts.
 
“I missed you as well, `gome,” Kiba whispered as they let each other go. “This is what everyone was wishing for, for Christmas. We all wanted you to come home.”
 
Kagome smiled softly at her friend, “How about we go surprise them at our annual Christmas party?” she suggested.
 
“Ahem,” The clearing of Kakashi's throat snapped the two out of their special moment. They blushed realizing the intimacy of their hug.
 
“I'll see you around, Kagome. I was just leaving on a mission when Akamaru ran away,” Kiba said as he turned away.
 
“All right, Kiba-kun. Stay safe, okay? Ja!” Kagome replied.
 
Kiba nodded in response and Akamaru jumped back into his shirt.
 
“We should get going. It is already nightfall and we have yet to find Kagome a place to stay,” Kakashi told them.
 
“Where do you think I could stay?” Kagome asked. “Before, I always stayed with Naruto because we couldn't afford our own apartments because we were orphans.”
 
“Then how about you and Ryo and Saito stay with me again?” Naruto suggested.
 
Kakashi glowered at him through his one visible eye; he was just about to ask if she would like to stay with him.
 
“Sure, but are you sure we won't be a bother?” she asked worriedly.
 
“No problem at all! Believe it!” Naruto said cheerfully.
 
“Arigatou.” Ryo and Saito's thanks were a couple of yips and licks.
 
“I'm heading home. See you tomorrow,” Sasuke said in his usual manner and headed towards his manor.
 
“Yeah, me too,” Sakura muttered and walking away as well. This was the first time she spoke when they arrived at the village.
 
“Hey, Kagome, I'm going back to the apartment to get an extra futon, blankets and pillows for you. I'll take Saito and Ryo with me, too!” Naruto informed her before the three disappearing in a puff of smoke.
 
“Well, I guess this is just you and me,” Kagome said awkwardly and flushed in embarrassment when her stomach growled loudly.
 
“Yes. Since we both hadn't had anything to eat yet, how about I treat you to Ichiraku Ramen's?” the copy ninja asked casually.
 
“Sure!”
 
____Ichiraku Ramen____
 
The cook placed their orders in front of the couple before going away to serve other customers.
 
“Mmm. This is really good! I haven't had this in such a long time!”
 
“I'm glad you like it,” Kakashi said quietly.
 
The rest of dinner was eaten in a comfortable silence.
 
“Thanks for the ramen Kakashi-sensei.” Kagome thanked.
 
“You're welcome. You can just call me Kakashi since I'm not your sensei anymore.”
 
“Oh. Alright Kakashi-sen… er, Kakashi.” Kagome corrected before continuing. “I should get going, Naruto might get worried and start looking for me.”
 
“I'll take you to where you are staying. After all, what kind of gentleman would I be if I let a young woman wander the dark streets by herself?” he asked and Kagome giggled.
 
The stars were twinkling and it was a full moon that night. The two talked about random things as they strolled through the streets and before they knew it they were at their destination.
 
“Thanks for tonight Kakashi,” Kagome thanked him before pecking his cheek and went inside. “Goodnight, Kakashi.”
 
“Goodnight Kagome…” the Sharingan user whispered into the night as he went home also.
 
_____With Kakashi­­_____
 
Kakashi was mad. No, mad was an understatement. He was fuming and if this was a cartoon, he would be red in the face and steam would be coming out of his ears. In fact, he was so mad he wanted to rip off the cloth covering his face, throw it on the ground and stomp on it.
 
Let's take a look inside his mind and listen to part of his rant to see why, shall we?
 
`Damn that fuckin' piece of cloth! What the hell does it think it is? Stealing MY kiss! If that stupid object wasn't there, Kagome would have kissed my cheek! It would be better on my lips but cheek was fine too! Somebody up there hates me! Why the hell do I where this thing anyways? I don't even know why myself, it's not like my face is ugly, is it?'
 
Uh, that's enough information. I guess love really does do strange things to people….
 
TBC…
 
A/N Gomen for the long wait! Here's your chapter and I tried to make it pretty long. The era for this fic is the Sengoku Jidai (Feudal Era) but it has a few modern changes. Example: Ramen
Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to let people without accounts or too lazy to log on review? If you do please tell me how!
 
Kakashi/Kagome: 6
Sasuke/Kagome: 0
Naruto/Kagome: 7
Sasuke/Kagome/Kakashi: 5
Naruto/Kagome/Sasuke: 2
Naruto/Kagome/Kakashi: 2
Kagome/Itachi: 1
 
Review Responses:
 
Devilangel620: thanks for the compliment!
 
gothic fuzzies: They'll meet the Inu-gang soon!
 
DeathDemonAngel: I always like odd and different pairings too!
 
bluemoon_175: If Kakashi keeps getting votes then he will win. Glad to have your opinion!
 
Darkness Miko: I put in both your votes!
 
Muffin: Yeah, I love him too. Perverted, lazy, and funny, all in one!
 
Wrath_of_The_angel: Very happy you love my fic! ^_^ I'm planning on making others soon.
 
renee582: I hope you continue to like my story.
 
eTeRnAlxm0on: A threesome, eh? If it wins, I'll do my best to write it!
 
crossoverfanxx15: Flames are okay with but I like constructive criticism better.
 
ChaosChiq: Your vote has gotten in!
 
Mistress of Darkness32: I think 10 is the best, I'm not completely sure.
 
HyosukeMagumo: Glad to have your opinion and I don't like Sakura all that muvh either…
 
To those who haven't reviewed yet, please do so! Also, to the people who have, review again! Arigatou and Ja Ne!