InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Wow! I didn't know it was going to be this popular! Thanks for the encouragement and keep voting! Happy New Years! It's 2006!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or Inuyasha and I didn't get them for Christmas either! Santa Claus was so mean this year! But my birthday is coming up soon! *wink*
 
Chapter 4
 
Last Time:
 
“You can sleep with us if you like Naru-chan. All of our body heat will keep us warm.” Kagome explained.
 
Naruto nodded and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close and they drifted asleep together. They never once noticed the jealous glares shot at them.
 
This Time:
 
Kagome's eyes slowly fluttered open and she reluctantly got up from her comfortable position. She was still wearing her fire rat furs. When she blinked the sleep from her eyes she gazed down fondly at Naruto. He was one of her only true friends and still so innocent.
 
The young miko decided to let them sleep a little longer while she hunted their breakfast. Kagome came back soon after and cooked the rabbits and fish she caught. The others roused when the wonderful aroma of food hit their olfactory senses.
 
“Food!” Naruto shouted as he bolted up and was at Kagome's side in a flash. Kagome blinked and giggled quietly.
 
“It's almost done. So how did you sleep Naru-chan?” she asked as the ookami and ryu youkai also sat down beside them.
 
“Better then usual. Thanks for letting me sleep with you guys,” he said shyly and looked down with a small blush on his face.
 
Kagome giggled again while Naruto flushed red even more. “You just looked so adorable like that and you're welcome.” She explained to him before she turned startled eyes to the rest of her comrades. She didn't notice when they awoke or sat down to listen to her conversation with Naruto.
 
“So what would you guys like? Rabbit or fish?” she asked cheerfully. Ryo grabbed a fish just as Saito grabbed his own rabbit. The fish were cooked to a crisp and a brownish colour, the juices still in them. The rabbits were juicy and had lots of meat.
 
Kakashi grabbed the fish as well and bit down, savoring the delicious taste.
 
Sakura looked at Sasuke wondering which one he would take.
 
Sasuke discreetly glanced at Kagome.
 
Naruto looked uncertainly between the two foods.
 
Kagome sighed and just grabbed the rabbit. Naruto saw what his friend got and decided she would know which one tasted better and took what Kagome got. Now there was only one of each left, either way, Sakura wouldn't have the same as Sasuke.
 
Sasuke took the last rabbit and Sakura snatched the fish angrily and tore into it.
 
`And here I thought she liked to be `mature' and `ladylike'. Sasuke thought and smirked. Sakura flushed in embarrassment.
 
“You guys can continue eating and I'll tell you what happened to me these past few years, then when we're on the road you guys can tell me your stories. Is that all right?” Kagome glanced at them and saw them nod. “Cool. I'm just going to summarize everything with just enough details so it won't take too long.
 
“Let's start from the beginning. During my clan's murder, a hanyou by the name of Naraku crept into the Sacred Shrine. At first I didn't know what the shrine contained but their was always immense power radiating from it. Later, I found out it was the Shikon no Tama of the legends.
 
“My mother, one of the mikos or priestesses of the clan saw this and shot an arrow at Naraku who was fleeing with the Jewel. He got out of way just in time but my mother, Kikyo predicted this move and shot the arrow so it would strike the Sacred Jewel.
 
“It shattered into many pieces. It may have been just ten or maybe hundreds. She did it in an attempt to keep the ancient artifact out of Naraku's grasp, for if it was whole, any being could have made any wish they wanted. It could have caused the destruction of the entire world.
 
“Naraku, in his rage killed my mother and father. My father had brought me to the cave Kakashi sensei found me in, but returned for my mother.
 
“During my travels, I met a kindly old miko by the name of Kaede. Turns out she was my mother's distant relative and she taught me everything she knew. From herbs to my purification powers. In the village, pinned to a tree was a hanyou by the name of Inuyasha. He and my mother were in a relationship together but Naraku manipulated them against each other. Kikyo was badly wounded and she pinned Inuyasha against the tree, but neither died.
 
“One day, during my training in the village, I had wandered into Inuyasha's forest and some random demons attacked me. I freed the inu hanyou when he woke up. He killed the youkai but was a little closed off but after a while we formed a sibling bond.
 
"Speaking of siblings, Inuyasha had a half-brother, the Lord of the Western Lands, Sesshoumaru. He was a cold stoic youkai who wanted to kill Inuyasha but I helped sort all that out. Now, I'm like an imouto to him and a nee-chan to his young human ward, Rin. Sesshoumaru's out for Naraku's head for deceiving him and kidnapping his ward.
 
“I met Shippo, a kitsune kit whom I love like my own son. His parents died in the hands of the Thunder Brothers but Inuyasha and I helped avenge them.
 
“Kouga, an ookami youkai who is always proclaiming his love for me whenever we meet. I have no interest in him but he's a great friend, even if he's a bit dense. He's also out for Naraku's blood for he had slain many of his comrades.
 
“Miroku, the lecherous monk. He's like a nii-chan to me, even if he gropes every beautiful woman in sight or asks them to `bear his child'. Miroku has a Kazaana in his right hand which sucks in everything in its path if the cloth and prayer beads covering it is off. It will eventually suck him in as well if we do not kill the creator of the curse, Naraku. No surprise there.
 
“Sango, the last of her taijya clan. Naraku again had wreaked havoc once again by slaying the demon exterminators by controlling Sango's younger brother, Kohaku with a Shikon Shard. Sango wants to kill him, too, she wants to avenge her family and comrades and perhaps even get her brother back. Kohaku's still in Naraku's grasp. Sango also has Kirara, a two-tail fire neko youkai pet/companion/friend.
 
“I have been traveling with Inuyasha, Sango, Kirara, Shippo and Miroku. The others just pop up randomly or when we need help. Lately, We've heard rumors of Naraku gathering an army, collecting evil beings who want power, using the Shikon no Kakera as controlling devices or making detachments. The Inu-tachi has separated to gather our own army to fight his. It was mainly Sesshou's idea but everyone agreed to it. Well, let's pack up and hit the road! I'm done my story.”
 
Kagome finished up her story and started packing her few belongings. Suddenly she looked up, remembering something important. She stuck her hand into her haori and pulled out a bottle with about fifteen pink shards.
 
“These are the Kakera we have collected. They purify upon my touch but when it is tainted by evil, they are a sickly black colour.” Kagome explained.
 
The others put down their things quickly and looked at the bottle on Kagome's out stretched hand.
 
“Such power!” Kakashi murmured. He gently took the bottle for closer inspection of the shards. They each took a turn holding the small container and gasped and wondered if a small shard held this tremendous power, how great would the complete jewel be?
 
When Kagome got the shards back, they finished packing and set off. They would get to Konoha in two days time if they went at their current pace. They would retrieve the stolen goods and the cart and continue at a slower pace because of the extra burden. That left more than enough or just enough time for Kagome to hear there stories and still get to Hidden Leaf Village a week before Christmas.
 
`We have enough time to find or make presents for everyone, too!' Kagome thought happily as she hummed and skipped along through the forest. Her companions by her side, Kakashi, Naruto and Sasuke walked a little closer than necessary to the merry girl. Sakura trailed a little behind, fuming at all the attention Kagome got.
 
`How come she gets all the attention? Even Naruto barely even looks at me now! I've known them way longer than her! There all talking to her, staring at her, complimenting her, getting jealous over her. Never me. Sasuke-kun too! That bitch!' Sakura thought darkly.
 
Let's see how she reacts when she finally meets all the hot looking men Kagome travels with and knows. She'll be blowing up like an erupting volcano! Yep, jealousy has once again reared its ugly head. Not only towards Sakura but towards the guys too. They were currently pushing and shoving each other, trying to be the one directly behind Kagome. Her two youkai friends were padding along quietly, though on the inside they were bursting with laughter at them all.
 
Now, for Naruto, it was a normal occurrence to be fighting over something, but the usually laid back jounin and the indifferent Uchiha? Now that's a sight to behold! And this is just the start of their road of adventures!
 
Kagome still remaining oblivious to the war behind her and the girl boring holes into her back and the two demons laughing silently inside…
 
TBC…
 
A/N Sorry it's shorter than the last chapter but it's better than nothing, right? Sasuke and Kakashi shows interest in Kagome, but they're being so `discreet' about it. Anyways, review and vote! Reviews are what make the updates go `round! In other words, review and the updates will come faster!
 
Kakashi/Kagome: 3
Sasuke/Kagome: 0
Naruto/Kagome: 3
Sasuke/Kagome/Kakashi: 3
Naruto/Kagome/Sasuke: 0
Naruto/Kagome/Kakashi: 2
Kagome/Iruka: 0
Kagome/Itachi: 0
 
A/N It's a tie between Kagome/Kakashi, Naruto/Kagome and Sasuke/Kagome/Kakashi at the lead! Continue voting for the pairings YOU want!
 
Review Corner
 
At the end of every chapter starting now, I will answer reviews and questions you readers have. Today, I'm also answering those reviews from before.
 
animewolfgurl: really glad you're enjoying my fic!
 
Devilangel620: I added your vote and suggestion and I promise I will finish this!
 
Crimsonmist18: I'll update as soon as I can. Now that school's starting again, I'm gonna get loads of homework, though.
 
Ichano: updated and added your vote!
 
BigSisterOf4: hopefully, it stays good and you don't have to vote too long. Added your vote!
 
gangsta5: your vote has been added!
 
i-love-inus: I added your vote but I'm going to make the pairing that has the most votes. Gomen nasai!
 
bluemoon_175: your votes got in but I'm going to make it the pairing that has the most votes! Gomen nasai if it doesn't win, but cross your fingers just in case!
 
Muffin: Yeah, I like Kagome with Kakashi, too. *sigh* Sad to say, it's all up to how many votes they get.
 
gothic fuzzies: updated as to your request! And just the day after I posted Ch.3…
 
R&R! See that wonderful button down there that says `Write Review'? You do? Great! Click it and write a comment or vote! Ja ne!