InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Love Has No Boundaries ❯ It Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Has No Boundaries

Chapter 1: Everyone needs time apart

"Look, I'm going on a family vacation. FAMILY doesn't include you!"

"But. Uh, what am I supposed to do while you're gone?"

InuYasha was standing in front of the well with his feet spread apart, arms crossed, golden eyes transfixed on her, and ears pointed in her direction. Kagome was standing in front of him staring into his golden eyes, hands on hips. He didn't look too impressed; actually, he looked sad and hurt.

"Well, do whatever it is that you usually do whenever I'm not around."

"You mean sit in a tree by the well and wait for you to come back," he thought. He knew he couldn't admit that to her, that she was the only reason that he did anything. It made him proud and happy to protect her from all the demons in his world. He had hoped that she thought of him as her hero. He already knew that her little brother, Sota, thought that he was cool. He smiled at that last thought.

"What are you smiling about? You think this is funny, don't you? I'm running late, my fr.. family is going to leave me if I don't get there soon." Oh know, I almost spilled the beans there; I can't tell him that I'm not really going on a family vacation Kagome thought. I want to bring him along, but if my mother found out that a boy was going camping with me, she'd freak. Wait, I go camping with him and Miroku all the time and its not like I would be alone with him. But I would rather be alone with him, spending quality time getting to know each other.

InuYasha quickly hid his smile and tried to change his thoughts to what was going on at the present time. "No, I don't think this is funny. I was just thinking about something, that's all. What about the jewel? How am I supposed to find the pieces without you here?"

Kagome got a surprised look on her face, but that quickly changed to a saddened look. "Is that all I'm good for, finding the jewel? I know I'm not much of a fighter and you always end up saving me every time we're in danger. I'm grateful for that, really." She turned her gaze to the ground. "I'm sorry if I'm such a burden on you. You always have to wait for me to catch up to you or you have to carry me on your back. I just. oh never mind. You don't care about my feelings."

"Kagome." InuYasha's face changed from sad to that of surprise. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. She was grateful that he had saved her life the numerous times that he had, but here she was saying that she was a burden on him. Ok, so he wasn't very good at expressing his emotions. He really did like having her around and he had wanted to spend some quality time with her preferably alone. Only one problem stood in his way; trying to convince her to let him go back in time with her. He knew they couldn't relax in his time, and he wasn't sure if they could relax in hers, but he knew that was their best option.

Kagome started to cry and had her hands on her face. She turned away from him and sat on the ground. Her mind raced, "Why am I crying? I'm being such a big baby. How can he know just how much he means to me? That I think about him every moment of every day? How much I want to get my hands on his chest? Ack I have got to stop thinking those things. He's not that kind of guy, and I've never even kissed a guy before. He can be so cute sometimes, and then he opens his mouth and ruins everything. He's such a jerk, but I think I'm in lov.. I mean I like him."

InuYasha walked over and crouched beside her. He wanted to put his arm around her, but he figured that she'd just push him away, so he kept his distance. "Kagome, don't cry. You're not a burden to me. You may not know how to fight, but your getting very good with the bow and arrow. That's good enough for me. Besides, there have been a few battles that we wouldn't have won without you. You know we all would have perished in Naraku's miasma if it hadn't been for you and your arrow. You said it yourself; we all need to work together to defeat Naraku. I think you have more powers inside that you don't know of yet. We just need to find them and pull them out of hiding."

She dried her eyes and looked over at him. "You really think so? Tell me, do you like having me around?"

"Uh, well, you see.." He choked over his words. Of course he liked having her around. He liked it a lot. That's why he always put up a fight when she tried to go back to her own time. Not to mention the fact that he was scared that she would find another guy in her time and never return to him. He couldn't bear the thought of that happening. All it would take is for some prissy, incredibly handsome, non-violent guy to sweep Kagome off of her feet and it would be history for InuYasha. "Think fast, what can I say to keep her here or find out whether she likes me or not?" he thought.

"You don't like having me around, do you? I knew it, look just leave me alone." She got up and headed over to the well. Continuing in a soft, yet sad voice. "I'm late and I really need to get cleaned up before I leave." Her voice then went from sad to harsh and demanding. "Don't you dare follow me or I'll say the "S" word!"

She need not say anything further. He really hated it when she told him to sit, but he did realize that it was necessary at times. He got up, walked over, got in front of her and tried to look into her eyes, but her head was titled towards the ground. He put his hand under her chin and tried to nudge it so that she would look at him. After a few moments, she gave in and shifted her head up and gazed into his eyes. He dropped his hand and gazed back at her. He could see the sadness that was revealed.

"Kagome, I'm no good at showing my emotions. You should know that. I do like having you around. I want you to go home and have a good time with your family and friends. I'll be waiting for you when you get back." He had lowered his voice and added a cheerful glee to his expression. While looking into her eyes, he had realized that she was not his girlfriend. Oh how he wanted her to be, but he figured that he didn't have a chance in hell with her. Ok, so maybe he did have a chance, but he'd have to change his attitude really quick. He thought that giving in and letting her go was his best chance at the moment. He'd have to think up another solution later or risk loosing her for good, and he couldn't stand that thought.

"Uh, wait a minute, did he just give in?" Her expression lightened up a bit as she continued to gaze into his eyes. "I've never known him to give in. Is he sick? Just look at those big beautiful golden eyes of his." She felt her knees giving in and her insides turning to goo. "He's so. cute. What's wrong with me? Wrong with me; what's wrong with him? Why doesn't he grab me and hug me? Shoot I'd go for a kiss. no, we're just friends. Stop thinking about that, we're actually having a descent conversation for once."

"Inu.Yasha, I've never heard you talk like that before. Aren't you going to get mad or jealous and follow me?"

He still held his soft expression, but he added a slight smile to his face. "Look, I've just realized that you're not my girlfriend and I have no right to treat you like we're married or something. You think I'm a jerk and you're probably right, but that's how I've always been, and I don't know any other way to live."

"InuYasha, I'm glad you've finally opened up to me." She put a slight smile on her face and raised her hand to touch his cheek. She let her hand linger for a few moments before she started to drop it, but he caught it and wrapped his hand around hers. The feel of his hand on hers sent shivers down her spine. She just wanted to stay like that, with him, forever.

The feel of her hand on his cheek had turned his insides to goo. He had been careful not to let her gaze get to him, but that was proving to be a very hard task. She had a meaningful gleam in her eyes, that, usually turned him to mush, but this time he was trying to keep his composure. She started to drop her hand, and he really wanted to hold onto it, to feel the softness and warmth for a while longer. He grabbed her hand just before it went back to her side, and it made him weak in the knees. He just wanted to crumble into her arms right there, but he stayed put and kept a steady gaze on her lovely eyes.

They gazed at each other for what felt like an eternity. He started moving closer to her; noticing this, she began to blush. His heart melted at the sight of her blushing. He really wanted to kiss her, but he wasn't sure how far she'd let him get before she pushed him away. He drew in closer and slowly drew her body to his. He began to think that she might actually let him kiss her. At that moment, she shook her head and pushed him away.

"What am I doing? I'm running late, I really need to get going." She walked over to the well and sat down on one of the edges. She swung her legs over the side. "I'll be back in one week. I'm not running out on you and I promise that I'll be back." With that she hopped off the side of the well and into its murky depths.

He stared after her feeling a little embarrassed of himself. "I'm such an idiot. What made me think that she would let me kiss her?" She looked so lovely and vulnerable; he just wanted her to stay there with him, locked in a trance while they stared into each other's eyes. That wasn't the first time he had felt like kissing her, and the outcome was the same both times. He figured that it was just his lot in life and that she probably thought he was a disgusting pervert. He wished he could convince her otherwise; it was just that she looked so luscious and tantalizing. He just wanted to pull her close to his body, wrap her in his arms, feel her warmth against him, feel her curves, and drink in her scent.

His thoughts quickly turned into a daydream. He saw himself standing in the exact same spot with her. She let him pull her close to his body. He could feel her heart beating faster as he gazed into her eyes. He slowly wrapped his arms around her and took a deep breath. The smell of jasmine flowers came off of her and entwined into his nostrils. He closed his eyes so as to keep that moment locked in his memory. After a few moments, he opened his eyes and turned his gaze back to hers. She was blushing, a very alluring shade of red. It was the look that he often longed for, the look that made his heart melt. He took another deep breath and drew his face closer to hers. She closed her eyes. He was a little startled by this, but kept bringing his head toward hers. Finally their lips met and he kissed her very softly at first. After a few moments, he got up his courage and pressed his lips a little harder on hers. A few moments after, he drew back and looked at her again; this time she was blushing a brighter red and had a slight smile on her face.

He shook his head. "Come on, quit daydreaming. She's never going to let me kiss her like that." He touched his lips with the fingers of his right hand. "It felt so real though. Her smell, that flowery smell that I like so much, that I often long for when she's not around. Ah, I want to go on this camping trip with her. Can I think of a good excuse to follow her, without her thinking that I'm angry or jealous? No, not really, that's the first thing that she will think of once she sees me." He decided that he had better think about how to go to her without any suspicions.

He jumped up in the air and went into the forest a little ways and found a tree ledge to alighted upon. Propping himself against the tree, he set to figuring out a way to spend the week with her.

Back at the shrine, Kagome had just gotten out of the shower and was running around with a towel wrapped around her, trying to find an outfit to wear. Her mind was still on that last moment with InuYasha. All during her shower, she was yelling at herself for pushing him away. She really did want him to kiss her, but she felt so awkward about it. She had never felt so close to a guy before. Why did he always act like such a jerk toward her? Did he really think that she would find another guy in her time and forget about him? She figured that he did. Then again, she had been on a couple of dates with Hojo.

She threw on a pair of dark blue shorts, a light blue t-shirt and a pair of hiking boots. As she started packing a suitcase, she continued to think about InuYasha. She wondered how his kiss would feel, if it was as soft and warm as she had often imagined. "Oh man, he probably thinks that I'm a big fluke. How could I push him away from me just as he was about to kiss me? Maybe he wasn't trying to kiss me at all, maybe he was just going to hug me and take the jewel, again. I'd like to think that he was going to kiss me, that way I won't spend the next week angry with him. Ok, I have to get him out of my head. I'm going to spend the next couple days camping with friends. He told me to have a good time and that's what I plan on doing. Case closed!"

Try as she might, she still couldn't get that moment out of her head. She found herself drifting into a daydream. She was standing by the well with him, where they just were an hour before. She was staring into his lovely golden eyes. His hands were on hers and he slowly pulled her body closer to his. She could feel her heart beating faster the closer she got to him. When her body had reached his, he wrapped his arms around her and gave a deep breath. She closed her eyes and after a few moments their lips met. She thought his lips felt soft and warm. He pressed harder and she could feel herself start to shake. He pulled back and started kissing her neck, fleeting kisses down to her collarbone, and back again till once again his lips joined with hers. After a few moments he pulled back, she opened her eyes and could feel her cheeks getting warm. She added a satisfying smile to her expression as she gazed at him.

"Kagome. Kagome are you listening to me? I told you your friends were here."

"Huh? What? Oh, thank you mom. Tell them I'll be right there."