InuYasha Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts II: A New Realm ❯ YGO: Black Mist ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The limo came to a stop. Yugi looked out the window and saw a bizarre. As the group left the limo, a dark feeling surrounded them. Y. Bakura growled angrily, he recognized the vibes emanating around them. It suddenly became night, but the people shopping in the bizarre had not taken notice. In fact, the people disappeared, they hadn't been real at all! Then, two figures emerged from the darkness, a young woman and-
"Marik!", shouted the group.
"Brother, what are you doing?", Ishizu stepped forward when the girl faded away and her Millennium Necklace was snatched from her neck. Cries of despair came from the other Item holders, especially Pegasus, who was doubled over on the ground with his hand to his face. The girl returned to where she was standing and smiled cynically.
"That was too easy, Marik-sama.", she said, pressing the Millennium Items against her chest, "What now?"
"Now we need a heart, Despair.", Marik scanned over them and spotted the little Mokuba cowering behind his brother, "How about that one?"
"Oh! Marik-sama! He's SO cute! I'll make sure we have his heart!", Marik turned on his heel and walked away, "Okay, now to play with my new Heartless.. thingy.."
Despair pulled out the black orb and juggled it for a moment. She stared at it and realized Marik had never told her how to use it. So she bounced it around and tried to open it until she tried to twist it open like a jar of pickles. Then it spilt into two halves, the middle glowing brightly.
"What's this?", Despair reached into the light a pulled out a deck of cards, "WHAT?!?! Marik-sama made me leave behind my ice sword to play goldfish with a bunch of ninnies!?!?"
"I'm certain that's not the case", Yugi said, "Marik knows the boundaries of this realm and knows not to break them! So you'll have to play our game!"
"Har-har-effin-har! Okay, I'll play, but I'm keepin' that boy and these shiny things to myself when I win!"
"Right! Now... It's time to-"
"Hey, hold up, Yug! I wanna duel dis chick!"
"In your dreams, Wheeler, I'm dueling her!" a fight broke out between the Duelists.
"Ugh, Marik-sama... help me..."
-changing the scene-
"Materia want!", Materia pointed at a bow and quiver of arrows. The salesman ambled over and began bargaining.
"Excellent selection, miss. A fine weapon, the earth arrow, updates itself with every conquered obstacle. But.. can I interest you in the ultimate version? It's called-"
"No! Materia want this!", she pulled the archery set from its shelf and gave it to the salesman, "Want this!"
"Okay, okay.", the salesman lead Materia to the cashier.
"Lasara."
"Yes, Sora?"
"How are we going to stop the Heartless?"
"j00z gonna travel, Key-Masta!"
"ARGH! ^5.. What do you mean?"
"d00d, every world's gotz its own entrance, j00 just gots ta know what it is."
"That's right, ^5, you've been paying attention in class it seems."
"Naw, L-man. Footnotes! Footnotes!"
"Well, I'm an old man, could you, Mune, and all of your connection's help Sora and his friends make it safely to each world?"
"das l337, L-man. I'll help any friend of Lasara.", ^5 draped himself over Riku, "Dis is gonna be l337 5\/\/337!" Riku stepped to one side and ^5 collapsed to the floor and began snoring. Materia ran back to them, bag over one shoulder, bow and quiver on the other. She was happy until Lasara turned around and began walking away.
"Lasara?", Materia said quietly. She ran up to him.
"Stay here with Soranii-san, okay? I can't keep helping you. Be a good girl."
"Lasara go away?"
"Yes."
"Lasara no like Materia?"
"That's not it. In fact you remind me of my daughter, such a sweet girl. But I can't always be here to help you." Materia eyes welled up. She buried her face in Lasara's stomach and cried hysterically. Lasara gently pushed her away and reassured the girl that he would never get killed and with that final note, kissed her forehead and walked away. Sora and the others stood silently for a while. As Goofy stepped forward, Materia wheeled around to face him, her eyes bloodshot.
"Goofynii-san won't leave Materia, will he?"
"Of course not, hyuk. I could never do that to you."
Materia hugged Goofy and proceeded to ask the others, who replied the same.
"Rikunii-san?"
"....."
"....."
"I won't leave you.", Riku finally said after five minutes of dead silence. ^5 pulled himself off the ground.
"Say, Arrow-chick.... Whoa.. I had a vision. Here, I know where the first battle'll take place, lessgo."
They followed ^5 into a jewelry store and up to a case. In the case was a gold eye.
"Ish called the Eye of Anubis and ish da portal to the world ya'll needz ta get 2! Oi! Frenchie!" A tall man, dressed in a suit, walk towards them and sighed heavily.
"What do you want, ^5?"
"Say, F-man! Mah friends here needz ta get to the Y world to save our.. uh.."
"Realm?"
"No! No!.... wait.. yeah our realm." Frenchie opened the case and handed it to ^5.
"Do you know how to work it?"
"Yeah, yeah I looked it up on Google!"
"Certainly... did you tell them what would happen to their weapons?"
"Sirui taki nile milan... nope... YUGIOH!" Before any of them could protest, a rainbow colored hand shot from the Eye and grabbed them. They spun through a black tunnel and their weapons began change into small decks of cards. Riku cursed aloud, Materia pondering what he was saying.
-back to Yugi and co.-
"HEY!", Despair's patience was gone, "Are we going to fight or not!?!?"
"We'll all take you!", said Yugi at last. All the duelists lined up next to each other, but the duel was interrupted by a roll of thunder. Everyone looked up to see what it was and saw five bodies falling to the ground. Two boys, a giant dog, a duck slammed into the ground followed by a little girl who landed on top of the others with a soft plop. The girl and Despair met eyes and they stared at each other for a long moment. One of the boys, the one with spiky brown hair, stood up to face the group.
"Hi... I'm looking for a guy in silver armor-"
"Hey!!!", Despair cried, "That's my brother, okay?? Can we get back to fighting?!?! I wanna go home!"
"Who are you?", asked the boy.
"Despair! And who are you five so we can get on!?!?"
"I'm Sora!"
"Riku."
"Donald."
"Goofy."
"Materia!" Despair glared down at Materia, who fell to her knees and into a fetal position. Yugi stepped forward, gesturing for the newcomers to move aside.
"This fight is-"
"'Between us and her', 'no, she has to pay for what her brother did', blah blah!", Despair pulled six cards from the top of her deck, "I'll kick your butts right now, no further discussion!"
"Let's duel!", Yugi and the others (minus poor Pegasus in the fetal position behind them) drew six cards from the top of their decks. Riku watched intensely while Sora, Goofy, and Donald dragged Materia away from the battlefield.
"For my first move", Yugi tossed a card in front of him, "I summon, Dark Magician into defense mode!"
"Cutie!", Despair said, distracted by the magician, "Erm, okay! Then I'll use this! Heartless of a Lesser Choir!"
A giant black shadow rose from the card and grew angelic wings.
"How cuddly! Now, my angel, sing for us!", the monster leaned back and let out a deafening thick note. "Perfect! Look at that cute Magician crumble under my angel's power! Now any magician-like card put on the field will be paralyzed. And I play this card face-down."
"Why is it paralyzed, ya dark haired freak?"
"My, aren't we trashy? It's called word of mouth. How'd did you know I was here? Someone told you. How did you learn about this game? Someone told you. And why are they paralyzed, cause Dark Magicie told them about the song he heard. HAHAHA!"
"Alright! Das it... I play.. Red Eyes Black Dragon!" the dragon pulled itself from its hold and roared at the winged shadow, "Attack!"
Despair cried out as the dragon tore her 'angel' in half.
"Fine then- (this gets really boring after a while so I'll just show you a play-by-play chart for the safety of your eyes)
Despair- plays Kindly mirror from her hand (note: Despair's cards are made up XD)
Joey- asks what it is
Despair- does cliche 'let me show you' and uses Kindly mirror to make the opposite of the Red Eyes, Blue Eyes duh.
Kaiba- is insulted by Despair's lack of.. some big word... for BEWD.
Despair- shrugs and attacks REBD then whines realizing that the Kindly mirror counts as her one monster per turn summon.
Kaiba- summons his Blue Eyes and powers it up using 'Dragon's treasure'
Despair- makes comment about the coolness of the card
Kaiba- destroys Despair's BEWD
Despair- plays 'Madness of Nigh' causing the field to go dark
Yugi- plays DM Girl
Despair- whines that she has to destroy the cute girl and boy.
Author: and it goes on like that for several turns, Despair uses some incredible card that is countered by the good duelists. Sora and co. cheer them on. Finally Yugi has dropped her down to.. um.. 400 life points and one more attack'll beat her.
"Oooooh! If Marik-sama didn't want that kid's heart so bad I'd leave right now! But he does need it, sooo.. I'll play this!" Despair stepped on the card she had face down since the beginning of the game. It flipped up to face them and they all gasped. The card was Destiny board, a card Y. Bakura had used to try and defeat Y. Yugi months back.
"And lookie here, F..", she played each cards as she said them, "I.. N... A... L... Final."
"Materia.", Sora leaned over to talk into her ear.
"Soranii-san?"
"You see those shiny toys next to Despair?"
"Uh-.. yes."
"She stole them and that's a bad thing."
"No-no."
"Yep, could you take them back? Don't get caught." Materia hopped over to where Despair was standing and snatched the items up. She had almost made it back to Sora when the items cluttered in her arms.
"Hey! You brat! Give those back!"
"Materia!"
"No!", Materia spun around and threw one of her DM cards into Despair's shoulder. An arrow shot through the woman's arm. (note: It was Red Archery Girl XD)
"Dammit!", Despair jumped back, but before fully retreating she snatched Mokuba up under her good arm and got away in a portal.
"Seto!"
"Mokuba!", the elder Kaiba chased after his brother. Bakura and Joey held him back.
"Hey! Kaiba! You don't know what's behind dat ting!"
"Mokuba! Mokuba!"
"Please, Kaiba, be reasonable!"
"Shut up!", Kaiba struggled with all his might but when he broke free, the portal had already disappeared. He stood there, silent. Materia trotted over to him to help.
"LEAVE ME ALONE!", Kaiba stormed back to the limo, knocking Materia down in the process. Materia watched him walk away but caught a glimpse of Pegasus writhing on his side. She rose to her feet and ran over to his side. She pulled him up to her chest and examined the multimillionaire carefully. Her voice became a silent murmur, and her eyes shined a deep ocean blue.
--later that same day, following Despair--
"Gah! That was more than I ever want to be put through! Those brats are so... pesty!"
"Don't you mean pesky? And are you complaining?"
"Hah! N-never Marik-sama!" Despair curled up against her blonde master, "But could you please take this arrow out of me? I can think of something else that's more pleasureable."
"Of course..." Marik wrapped his hand around the arrow and jerked it out of the loyal dark servant. The girl collapsed and cried out on the floor.
"Ah! It hurts SO good!.. no.. it just hurts..."
"Despair, you're embarassing."
"Brother! Did you bring me a new pet?" Death held up a spinny eyed Jim. Despair squealed, almost over joyed by the little boy. She bundled him up in her arm and dashed off to play with him.
"You wanted to see me, Marik?"
"Yes, the boy I showed you, Sora. He has shown up in your sister's territory."
"Is he the one who hurt Despair?"
"No, the girl he travels with did that and I want you to take care of her."
"Yes, Marik-sama."
Death disappeared. A white baboon walked up behind Marik and placed one clawed hand on his shoulder.
"Are we having trouble?"
"No, Naraku."
"Good, keep it that way."
--back with Sora--
"My name is Yugi Motou. Thank you for saving my Millenium Puzzle. These are my friends. Bakura, Joey, Kaiba, Ishizu, and Pegasus."
"I'm Sora. Materia, what are you doing?"
"Materia worried."
"Why?"
"Pegasus hurt."
"Wow, I'm surprised she learned his name so quickly." Sora walked over to Materia, who was on her knees watching her patient ever so carefully.
"She didn't" Donald corrected "Lasara bought her a picture dictionary and he looks like the horse on the pegasus page." Joey stifled a snort. Materia sat back on her butt and flipped through her dictionary, occasionally looking up to examine Yugi. Then she happily spun her book around.
"Starfish! Starfishnii-san!" Yugi laughed. The others agreed, he did look like a starfish the starfish in the book.
"What about Bakura?", he pulled the Brit over to his side. Bakura dragged Ishizu, who dragged Kaiba, who dragged Joey, much to his displeasure.
"Bunny, kitty, wolf, and puppy!"
"What?!?! Listen here, sista, Joey Da Magnificent ain't no puppy! Take it back!"
Joey grabbed Materia by the shoulders and shook her. She began wailing, like someone had stabbed her. Joey backed off while the little girl fell into a fetal position and wouldn't come back out. Joey dropped to his knees and tried to help her up. He laughed nervously.
"Mean puppy. Bad puppy!" Materia's eye were overrun with tears.
"I'm-... I'm sorry!", Joey fell to all fours, making him resemble even more of a dog. The girl leaned forward and patted Joey over the head, forgiving him.
-later that night-
Death stood outside the Motou household. He shuffled his deck, glaring up at the window where the boy and his friends were sleeping. He was wondering about the materia he had given him. **Naraku seemed so specific about getting rid of it. 'Be sure that it is not in his possesion' Hm, but he didn't look that upset when he found out that I did anyways.**
"Ah, who cares? Take care of the girl and go back home.", He finished shuffling his deck, drew a card and flicked it at the window. It sailed across the air and rapped against the window. Inside, Materia springs awake, though she was only half awaken, and whimpers quietly. She wasn't sure whether or not to wake the others. They had told her to only wake them up during an emergency. Sadly, Materia had no clue what an emergency was.
-from Materia's POV-
"Anyone awake?", It was Bunnynii-san. No, it wasn't. He sat up and his hair was more spiky than normal. That was Dark Bunny-san.
"Materia awake." Dark Bunny made the sound Rikunii-san normally made when something bothered him. What Materia heard must have made him mad, those bad people.
"Come down stairs with me."
"Okay." I got up, slowly, so that I don't wake up Pegasus. I followed him downstairs to find a strange man was standing in the doorway, shuffling his cards. The man looked up and directly at me, his eyes pierced my body, and I felt like I was going to both die and live. I didn't hear what he said, I passed out.
-back in 3rd person-
Materia fell to the ground, this time silently. Y. Bakura stared down at her then at the man in the door.
"Who are you?"
"Name's Death. Leave the girl there and I'll be on my way."
"I happily would, but my aibou disagrees. Now you'll leave quietly and I'm gonna go back to bed."
"Sorry, either I'm defeated or I take the girl." Y. Bakura growled. He would gladly leave that annoying little girl there if he could go back to bed, but Bakura wouldn't allow it and sense he had to listen to his own body, the stubborn Yami drew his deck and shuffled.
"Let's do this quickly."
"My pleasure." (-insert boring duel here-)(-much later-)
Death angrily threw his deck down, but dropped down to pull a card from the pile. He laughed cynically and tossed it into Y. Bakura's face.
"I can't believe I never drew that card! Now, Black Mist! Absorb his energy so I can go home!"
-end-

Iris: Muahaha. I win.