InuYasha Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Know What Its Like ❯ Chapter 1 - A Walk in the Woods ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 - Walking in the woods
Bankotsu sighed as he continued on into the woods. “Why do I always get the hard jobs?” Bankotsu thought to himself as he went into town. The group had elected him much to his dismay, to get supplies in the village. “At least Ama is coming today….otherwise..I would go crazy!!!” Bankotsu took the money that the group had given him and the list out of the pouch that he was holding. “Let's see…we need the tea leaves and spices from over there…” Bankotsu walked into the Herbs shop and ordered the tea leaves and spices. The woman at the counter was not used to seeing very good looking guys and she took advantage of it really quick. She took his hand and said,” Are you taken cutie?” Bankotsu blushed. “Oh great..this is the last thing that I need.” Bankotsu thought to himself as an older woman came out of the back. “KURA!!! Stop harassing that young man!!” Kura muttered something under her breath and walked to the back of the store. “Are you alright young man?” the older woman said as she gave him the bag with the tea leaves and spices. “Yes maam..thanks….” Bankotsu said as he took his bag and walked out the door.
“Stupid women…thank goodness my woman does not go ga-ga like that everytime she sees me…” Bankotsu muttered as he walked further into the village. Bankotsu walked along until he seen a girl being harassed by a bunch of young boys. “Why do children insist on picking on someone?” He walked up to the young boys. “Hey…leave that girl alone….” “Or else what mister?” One of the boys said as he tried to throw a punch but it missed Bankostu. Bankotsu sighed and said,” B/c it is not nice to pick on young girls…you know..she may be your wife one day…” The boys looked at each other in horror. “NO WAY!!! Sorry Beral….we did not mean to pick on you..” The boys took off running. Beral ran up to her “hero” and hugged him. Bankotsu chuckled a little bit and said,” You are welcome..you better get home before your parents get worried..” Beral nodded and said,” See ya!!” Bankotsu waved at the young girl and walked further into town.
MEANWHILE….
“Man!! This stuff is heavy!! I hope that the guys appreciate these goods!” Amadala said as she lifted the bags of food and her Midnight stick out of the well. Then she grabbed her backpack and put it on her back. She sighed and looked around. “Bankotsu must be in town…” She thought to herself as she walked toward the Shichinintai's hideout. As she got closer, she was met by Jakotsu and Renkotsu. “Hi Amadala! May we take those from you?” Jakotsu said as Amadala handed them the bags. “What is in here little sister?” Renkotsu asked he looked in the bags. “Its food from my time….I thought that you guys might want to try some…” Amadala said while smiling. Jakotsu took a box of Pockys out and opened them. He put one in his mouth and said,” These are soo good! Thanks little sis!!!” “No problem….where is Bankotsu at?” Amadala said as they walked up the hill. “He is in town getting supplies…he should be back anytime now…” Renkotsu said as he opened the door to their hideout. “AMA!!!” Kyoukotsu said as he picked her up and hugged her. “Nice to see you too Kyoukotsu…” Amadala said as she tried to get air but was unsuccessful due to Kyoukotsu's grasp on her. “For Pete's Sake Kyoukotsu..can't you let the poor girl in without choking her half to death?” Mukotsu said as he approached the group. Kyoukotsu blushed and released Amadala.
“Thanks ….” Amadala said as she gasped for air. “Well..well..well…the young theif returns…” Suikotsu said as he chuckled. “Yep…I am back…” Amadala said while smiling. “So, how are your friends doing?” Suikotsu said as he made some tea. Amadala said,” They are doing great…they still say that Bankotsu and you guys better take good care of me…or else, their will be some bad things to pay…” Suikotsu chuckled. “I hope that you told them that we are taking really good care of you…” Amadala nodded as Jakotsu came into the room. “Little sis!! Little sis!! Look at this!” Jakotsu opened a box and took out a jeweled hairpin. “That is so nice Jakotsu…where did you get it?” Amadala said as she examined the hairpin. “Well, I got it in the village at a great price..and we got it for you..” Amadala gasped. “Its for me?!?!? But it is too pretty for me!!” “Don't be so modest…the guys chipped in the money to get you this…it is our way of saying thank you for all that you do..” Jakotsu said as he put the hairpin in her hair.
Just then, the door swung open. “Bankotsu!!!” Amadala shouted as she hugged him. Bankotsu hugged her back. “Amadala….I am glad that you are here….” Bankotsu noticed the hairpin. “Jakotsu gave you the hairpin already didn't he?” Amadala nodded. Bankotsu took the bags to the Kitchen and sat them down on the cabinet. Suikotsu greeted him and said,” Thanks Oo-Aniki……now we are all set…” Amadala looked at Bankotsu in shock. “You went shopping? But, I told you that I was bringing some things!!!” Bankotsu looked at her. “Well, we need the supplies and we did not have time to wait for fancy things….” “DO WHAT?” “Oh no” “Bankotsu and Amadala are not agreeing this is bad..” Suikotsu said. Amadala and Bankotsu looked angrily at each other. “Why do you always have to be so stubborn?” Amadala shouted as Bankotsu smirked. “Well, why do you always have to be the good one? Which reminds me…when are we going to get started..” “Started on what?” Amadala said as she looked at Bankotsu. “Started on children…..” Bankotsu said with a naughty smirk on his face. Amadala looked like she wanted to rip his tonsils out. “Bankotsu! Do you know what it take to have a baby? Nine months of horror for me!! Throwing up, mood swings, food cravings….not to mention..I would be fat!!!” “So, I would not be the one going through it!” “Bad move Aniki..” Jakotsu said. “What? I was telling the truth!” “BANKOTSU!!!!!!! I wish that you would stop thinking about someone other than yourself..” Amadala said angrily.
“I am not thinking about myself!!! I want children right now!! We are not getting younger and soon..we will be old with no kids!!” “Kids is a big responsibility Aniki!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to have children right now!!! I am not ready!! And as for your smart remark as far as pregnancy…I wish that you could know what it was like to have the child…” Amadala shouted. “Big deal…anyone could go through it….” Bankotsu said as he walked to the door. “WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?!?!?” Amadala shouted. “I am going for a walk..maybe by the time I get back, you will change your mind about the pregnancy thing..” Bankotsu said as he walked out of the house and down the hill. “Grrrrr…..he makes me so mad!!” Amadala said as she chopped the vegetables. “Don't worry about him Ama….you have kids whenever you want to…he can wait..” Suikotsu said as he took the vegetables and put them in the water. Amadala sighed as she leaned on the counter. “Its just…I know what pregnancy is like…I seen two of my good friends go through it…..it is not easy…he thinks that just b/c he don't have to go through it does not mean that it is a big deal!” Jakotsu sighed. “Aniki has always been like that….he will be fine waiting..” “I hope so..” Amadala said as she went to set the table.
MEANWHILE…..
“Why does she have to be like that? It is no big deal having a baby….heck..I could go through it with no problem..” Bankotsu thought to himself as he walked through the woods. Little did he know that someone had heard the whole argument between him and Amadala (Heck, the whole Feudal Era heard them!) “So….he thinks that it would be easy for him…..well, we will see how easy it is…..Kisicki…shue…mateake….” The young sorceress cast the spell on him without Bankotsu knowing it. “Soon Mercenary…you shall see how hard it gets….” The young sorceress said as she took off into the night. Bankotsu looked around. “Hmm..must have been my imagination…” Bankotsu said as he walked to the hideout. He pushed the door open and said,” I am home!” “Hey Bankotsu!” Jakotsu said as he slapped him on the shoulder. “Hi Jakotsu..where is Amadala?” “ She is in your room…you had better talk to her and don't blow it….” Bankotsu nodded as he headed down the hall and came to the door. Bankotsu sighed to himself as he knocked on the door.
Amadala opened the door. “Oh its you…what do you want?” Amadala said as she sat back on the bed and continued with her book. “Amadala..I just want to say that I am sorry for pushing the children subject on you so hard…its just..its just…I want to be a father and I want to be a better one that what my father was…..” Amadala looked up from her book and sat the book down. She sat next to Bankotsu and put her hand on his shoulder. “It is okay…I am sorry for yelling at you like that…” Bankotsu smiled as he hugged Amadala. Amadala hugged him back. “Well, we better get to the dining hall before the guys go crazy….” Bankotsu laughed as he got up and followed her out of the room.
The whole group gathered for dinner and sat down and ate. Amadala looked at Bankotsu who was looking down at his plate and picking at the food. The others noticed this as well and started talking amongst themselves. “Is our leader okay? He sure looks pale….” “Maybe he is not hungry?” “Not hungry? Get real Ginkotsu! This is serious!” Amadala said to Suikotsu,” You need to talk to him..” Suikotsu sighed as he got up from his spot and walked over to Bankotsu. “Ban-san? Are you feeling alright?” Suikotsu said as he placed his hand on Bankotsu's forehead. “Yeah…I am just not that hungry….I feel sick…..can I go lay down?” Suikotsu nodded and said,” Go right ahead.” Bankotsu got up from the table and walked to his room.
Amadala watched as the door closed to the room. Suikotsu thought to himself and said,” Ama, come with me.” Amadala nodded as she walked with Suikotsu to his room. Suikotsu took a book from the top shelf and blowed the dust off. He opened the book and started flipping through it. “AHA!!! Here it is…” Suikotsu gave the book to Amadala and said,” Read it.” Amadala read the article and her whole face went ghost white. “But..but…how is that possible Suikotsu!??!?!” Suikotsu sighed and said,” I am not sure but I am certain that is what is wrong with him.” “Maybe we should tell him….” Amadala said as she handed the book back to Suikotsu. Suikotsu nodded and said,” Then we need to tell the others.” Amadala walked out of the room with Suikotsu close behind. “Bankotsu is not going to be happy about this…not happy at all….” Amadala thought to herself.