InuYasha Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Know What Its Like ❯ Chapter 4 - Books ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4- Books
Amadala looked at the monster in horror and the monster tried to grab each of the six men but failed to do so b/c of Mukotsu's poison. Amadala looked at Banryou and smirked. She had an idea!! Amadala looked at Renkotsu. “I have an idea….can you do your fire at the demon?” “No trouble little sis…” Renkotsu took his jug and drank. Then he shot flames at the demon. The demon screamed and started slithering around. “He is confused right now! Hey guys, if each one of you do something to the demon, he will get really confused and I can get him with Banryou!” Amadala shouted at the mercenaries. The six men nodded and started their attacks on the demons. Amadala in the meantime started looking at the demon. “He has to have a weak point somewhere….hmmm….aha!! There it is…” Amadala thought to herself as she looked straight at the demon's back. On the back of this demon was a huge scar which looked like that it had been attacked before. “That must be the weak point…now all I have to do is use Banryou…” Amadala thought to herself as she picked up Banryou.
Amadala aimed Banryou at the demon. “DRAGON THUNDER!!!” Amadala set a dragon thunder wave at the demon. But it missed it. “DARN!! I missed it!! Why did I miss it?” Amadala said as she stood there in disbelief. “Amadala, you have to concentrate…that is why you missed…you are not concentrating hard enough….concentrate…” Suikotsu shouted as he attacked the demon. Amadala took a deep breath and concentrated. “I must concentrate…..I must…..I can do this…..Bankotsu taught me how to do this..I know how to do this!” Amadala raised Banryou over her head one more time and shouted,” DRAGON WAVE!!!!” The dragon wave was sent to the demon's back and the demon screamed as the wave hit its target. “YOU GOT HIM AMA!!!” Mukotsu shouted happily as the demon collapsed and died.
Amadala stood in the same spot in disbelief. “I got him! I got him!!!” Amadala said excitedly as she join the six men at looking at the demon. “Wow..this is one big demon…congrats everyone….looks like we will be getting that big money now.” Renkotsu said while smiling. Amadala nodded and went over to Suikotsu. “You okay?” Amadala asked. Suikotsu nodded and said,” I just hurt that's all.” Amadala looked at Mukotsu and said,” Mukotsu! Do you have some ivy and some dandylions in your bag?” Mukotsu nodded and said,” I sure do. Would you like them?” Amadala nodded as Mukotsu handed her the herbs. She took them along with Mukotsu grinding kit and began grinding them into little tiny bits. “Renkotsu…go down to the river and get me some water….” Amadala said as she gathered flowers to put in the mixture. Renkotsu nodded and tug a jug down to the river and filled it up. He brought it back to Amadala and she put some of the water in the sticky mixture. “Okay Suikotsu..this may hurt a bit…..” Amadala said as she sat down next to Suikotsu.
Suikotsu nodded and said,” Trust me Ama….I think that I can take pain…” Amadala took a stick and carefully put the sticky substance on Suikotsu's leg. Suikotsu flinched a little bit as Amadala wrapped it up with clean strips of cloth. “There you are….someone needs to help you back to the castle….” “I will do it…I am about as tall as he is…” Jakotsu said as he wrapped Suikotsu's left arm over his shoulder and together, the group walked back to the castle. “So Amadala…how did you know to make that medicine for him?” Mukotsu said. “My mother taught me how to make it….” Amadala said as they walked toward the castle. “Your mother was wonderful wasn't she?” Kyoukotsu said. Amadala nodded and took a picture out of her pocket and showed the group. “That is my mother…she died when I was four years old…I miss her so much…” “She is so pretty Ama…you look just like her…” Renkotsu said. Amadala blushed as they entered the castle. Lord Gorama came out and greeted them. “Thank you so much! Thanks to you all, our province is safe again…which reminds me….here is the rest of the money…” The servants brought out the money. “Is there anything else I can give you for your troubles?” Lord Gorama asked. Amadala said, “Actually there is one more thing that I request…”
 
Bankotsu sighed as he walked out into the sunshine. “Great day today…I hope that everyone will be back soon…” Just then he looked down the road and saw someone on a horse coming up the road. “I wonder who could that be…” Just then he saw who it was. It was Amadala on the horse with what looked like Suikotsu sitting in front of her. “Ama!! What happened to Suikotsu!” Bankotsu said as he ran up to the group. Renkotsu and Amadala helped Suikotsu down from the horse. “Suikotsu was injured by the demon……I think that he will be ok as long as we keep the medicine and bandages changed on him….” Mukotsu said as Kyoukotsu put Banryou down in the house. Renkotsu helped Suikotsu into his bed as Mukotsu made the special tea that Suikotsu would make when someone was in pain. Amadala watched as Mukotsu made the tea and took a sniff at it. It almost made her puke. “What is this stuff!?? Ugh! Smells nasty!!!” Amadala said as she covered her nose.
Mukotsu chuckled. “Its Mineral Ivy Tea…..it helps the person with pain or anything related to pain…taste it…” Amadala gulped to herself as she took a sip of it. She nearly gagged on it. “Its tastes like Charcoal…” “Good! Its done!” Mukotsu poured a cup of the tea and took it to Suikotsu's room. Suikotsu was being adjusted by Jakotsu and Renkotsu . Jakotsu put some pillows under his leg and said,” There! You will be fine Suikotsu!” Suikotsu chuckled. “Its usually me who takes care of you all…now it's the other way around!” Everyone laughed as Mukotsu gave him the tea. Suikotsu took a couple of sips and gagged. Well, this made Bankotsu gag as well and he ran outside and puked. He came back in and looked at the group. Suikotsu chuckled at Bankotsu. “I see that the pregnancy is going well…” “Shut up doctor…” Bankotsu muttered. Renkotsu looked at Bankotsu and said,” I guess someone is grumpy today. “And I guess someone is fixing to wear his insides around his neck if he don't stop it…” Bankotsu said. Renkotsu gulped and nodded.
Suikotsu laughed at the look on Renkotsu's face. “Don't worry Ren…..I will not let Bankotsu make your insides a necklace…he would not want to hurt his child…” Bankotsu went “PSH!!!” and walked back outside. Amadala sighed and went outside with him. She watched as Bankotsu sat down on the porch and put his hand to his stomach. Amadala had to smile when she seen this reaction from Bankotsu. She walked up to him and placed her hand on top of his. He look up and stared into her eyes.
“You are excited about having this baby aren't you?” Amadala sat as she sat down next to him. Bankotsu nodded and looked out at the valley. “I am scared but at the same time excited.” “I want you to know that I am not sure if I am ready or not but I will be here beside you…” Amadala said as she hugged Bankotsu. Just then, they heard glass break and a very angry voice. “RENKOTSU! You moron! That was my best hairpin!!!” Jakotsu screamed as he chased Renkotsu down the hall. Amadala and Bankotsu sighed. “Let's go break them up…” Amadala said as she got up. Bankotsu nodded and said,” Right behind you…”
The next couple of weeks were pretty much boring for the group except for the fact that they were getting pretty good jobs from time to time. Suikotsu's leg healed and he was back up and walking. Bankotsu was still having morning sickness but he had eventually learned to accept it. He was now in his 8th week of the pregnancy and he was in his room examining his body. Even though he was just 2 months pregnant, his stomach was starting to grow. Bankotsu turned to the side and gave his tummy a poke. He sighed and put his shirt down. “Thank the Great God that I am not showing through my clothes yet…” Bankotsu said as he pulled his sash a little looser on his stomach to accommodate for his growing stomach.
He walked out of his room and into the living room to see if Amadala was in there. She had went home for a while to get things straightened out and then she would be back. Instead of seeing Amadala, he seen Jakotsu sitting and reading a book that Amadala had given to him. “Hey Aniki! Come sit down!” Jakotsu said as he patted the pillow next to him. Bankotsu sat down and looked around. “Is Amadala back yet?” “Nope…she said that she would be here soon though…don't worry about her Aniki…she can handle herself…..” Jakotsu went back to reading his book.
Bankotsu sighed and walked to the door and opened it. He walked outside to see Suikotsu sitting on the porch looking through his medical books. Bankotsu sat next to him. “How is it going Oo-Aniki?” Suikotsu asked as he briefly looked up from his book. “Apart from getting fat….its okay…” “You mean?” “Yep, I am starting to gain weight…” Bankotsu sat as he untied his sash and let Suikotsu feel his stomach. Suikotsu chuckled. “You are getting chubby….that is a good thing though..that means that the baby is okay…” Suikotsu said as he patted Bankotsu's stomach.
Bankotsu sighed and said,” That is good to hear…” Just then he seen Amadala walking up toward the house. “HEY LITTLE SIS!!” Suikotsu shouted as he waved. Bankotsu walked up to Amadala and hugged her. “How are you Bankotsu?” Amadala said as she released him. “ I am doing well…the baby is starting to grow…” Bankotsu said as he put Amadala's hand on his stomach. Amadala smiled at Bankotsu and said,” Oh! I got something for you…” She took a book out of her bag and gave it to Bankotsu. “What is this…What to expect when you are expecting….” Bankotsu read. “It's a book from my time…it tells you what to expect throughout the pregnancy…I thought that this might help you to understand what is happening to your body..” Amadala said as she gave another book to Suikotsu. Suikotsu looked at the book and read the title…”10001Medical Diagnoses Thanks sis! I needed this!!! This is just what I need!!” Suikotsu opened the book and began reading on it.
Amadala nodded and said,” I have some other things for the rest of the guys…speaking of which…where is everyone?” “Well Jakotsu is in the living room reading that romance novel that you gave him….and the rest of the group is out training in the woods…they should be back shortly.” Bankotsu said as he read his book. “Let's see…8th week…morning sickness….start of weight gain…food cravings……OH MY GOSH!!!” “WHAT?!?!?!?” Amadala and Suikotsu asked. “I am going to have to feed the baby!??!?! BY BREAST-FEEDING?!?!?!??!?!” Bankotsu said in shock. “ HE HAS TO WHAT?!?!??!” Jakotsu said as he came out of hiding. “Ummm…well…that makes sense..Aniki…I mean….the baby has to eat….” Suikotsu said while sweatdropping. Bankotsu just sat there in disbelief looking at Suikotsu. “Oh by the way Jakotsu! I got you something!” Amadala pulled out a big box of pockys and gave them to Jakotsu. “YAY!!” Jakotsu shouted as he munched on them. Bankotsu sighed. “Just my rotten luck……I am going to have to breast fee my child! Boy the other guys will get a kick out of their leader breast-feeding!” Amadala and Jakotsu looked at each other and tried not to snicker but it was hard.
“WHAT THE WORLD ARE YOU LAUGHING AT!?!?!” Bankotsu said as he chased after them. Suikotsu sighed and continued reading. “Another day with the band of seven….” He thought to himself as he continued reading.