InuYasha Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Know What Its Like ❯ Chapter 5- Bruises ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 - Bruises
Bankotsu sighed as he looked out the window. He had not really been out of the house in two months and he felt like that it was time for him to get out a while. The tricky part was not telling everyone what he was planning to do. They would be all over him like …well! He did not know! But they would be pretty mad at him. Bankotsu picked up Banryou and walked out the door trying not to be noticed. He did a good job and he walked down the path that led toward the forest.
Bankotsu walked through the forest and looked at the trees that were beginning to die b/c it was fall. He sighed and started counting with his fingers. He could not believe what he had just came up with. His baby was going to be born in the spring! He could not help but smile to himself.
A spring baby….I was one….this is great! He or she will be born hopefully in time for the cherry blossoms blooming…”
Bankotsu noticed a figure that was heading right toward him. He aimed Banryou, ready to attack, when he noticed that it was just a young woman and her child.
He sighed and lowered his weapon. “Good day young man!” The woman said as she waved. Bankotsu could not help but wave back and say,” Good day young woman!!!”
The young woman smiled at him and continued walking on. Bankotsu sighed as he turned back around and walked further into the forest.
I hope that the others are doing ok…”
Amadala woke up from her sleep and yawned. “Ok Bankotsu…time to …” She stopped when she suddenly realized that he was not there.
Amadala got up out of bed and walked down the hallway calling out for Bankotsu. “I wonder where he could have went to…”
That was when she noticed that Banryu was not in its place in the living room. “Oh no Bankotsu…you didn't!!!”
Amadala took off running down the hallway and pounded on Renkotsu's door. “RENKOTSU GET UP PLEASE!!!”
A groggy Renkotsu finally opened the door. “Ama..what is the meaning of this…you woke me up in the middle of a good sleep…”
“Bankotsu is gone Renkotsu!!!” Amadala screamed. “Okay..okay..calm down…he could not have gotten far…”
Amadala looked worried. “I hope you are right Ren..I hope you are right..”
Bankotsu walked into a meadow filled with dozens of flowers. He smiled and sat Banryu down on the ground. He looked at the ground and finally layed down on it. He looked up at the sky.
I know that Amadala is probably worried about me right now but I needed to get out of the house before I drove myself crazy!”
Bankotsu sighed and looked around at the flowers. “Amadala would love to have some of these flowers..I think that I will take some back to her!”
He started picking flowers. As he was doing this, he heard something in the brush. He carefully sat down the flowers and picked up Banryu. He walked closer to the brush and as he did, he heard the russling sound again.
Something is in there…it might be a demon…if it is…I will have to be careful…” Bankotsu walked to the brush and carefully looked behind it.
A huge Demon came out of its hiding place and tried to attack Bankotsu. Bankotsu took Banryou and swung it at the demon.
It missed the demon and the demon hit Bankotsu right in the arm. “DAMN!!!” Bankotsu said to himself as he kneeled down in pain.
The demon roared and went right toward him. He took his other good arm and aimed Banryu at the demon.
It hit the demon and killed it. Bankotsu staggered to his feet and cried out in pain as he did so.
He walked over to the flowers and picked them up with his good hand. He looked at his other arm.
It was very bloody but he knew that he could make it back to the hideout alright. He stood Banryu up to keep him propped up.
He then carefully walked into the woods. “PLEASE BE HOME EVERYONE…I need help now!!”
Amadala looked out the door and sighed. The other guys kept an eye out for Bankotsu was well.
“I hope that Bankotsu is okay…” Amadala said as she looked out the door.
“HMPH!! When that child gets back, he is getting a good talking to about protecting his child!!!” Suikotsu said as he looked around.
“I could not agree more..” Renkotsu said. Just then Renkotsu noticed someone coming up the road.
When he realized who it was, he gasped. “AMADALA!! SUIKOTSU!!! ITS BANKOTSU!! HE IS INJURED!!”
“What?!?!?!” Suikotsu said as he ran out the door and down the dirt path.
Bankotsu had managed to get up the road before passing out from the loss of blood.
Suikotsu and Renkotsu ran down the path. Renkotsu picked up Banryou and almost fell backwards at the weight of it. Luckily, Kyoukotsu had came down the path and help up with it. Suikotsu picked up Bankotsu and carried him into the house.
He carefully layed Bankotsu on his bed and opened his kimono. He gasped at how much blood that Bankotsu had lost.
“I am sorry Bankotsu but we need to clean up this wound and get it bandaged..” Suikotsu said as he kind of flinched a bit at the site of the blood.
Amadala ran to the back and poured some water in a pitcher. She came running inside to Bankotsu's room. “Here Sui……Mukotsu is working on the antibiotic right now….” Amadala said as she was trying to breathe.
Suikotsu nodded and took the washcloth and carefully wetted it and put it on Bankotsu's arm.
“Sui…do you think that the baby is ok?” Amadala said as she tore some strips of clean cloth for him.
Suikotsu looked at Bankotsu. “I am not sure….I pretty sure that the baby will be okay if we can get Bankotsu's wound cleaned and bandaged.”
Amadala nodded as she helped Suikotsu pull Bankotsu up in the bed. Bankotsu screamed in pain and slapped Amadala.
Amadala put her hand to her face and was about ready to slap him. “AMADALA! NO!!” Jakotsu said as he walked in.
“WHY!??!?! He slapped me!!” “He did not mean to….he is just in a lot of pain..ignore it for your sake…” Suikotsu said as he finished washing the wound.
“Ok….” Amadala said. “SUI!! Here is the medicine!!” Mukotsu said as he ran inside the room.
Suikotus took the medicine and placed it on Bankotsu's wound. Bankotsu flinched from the pain but that was good news for Suikotsu. That meant that the antibiotic was working.
Suikotsu carefully wrapped the young leader's arm in the strips of cloth and said,” Now we wait…”
Suikotsu walked back to his room and grabbed his medical bag. He walked back into's Bankotsu's room and saw Amadala holding Bankotsu's hand and stroking his forehead.
Amadala turned to Suikotsu. “He is not going to die…is he?” Suikotsu looked shocked at Amadala's question.
“No Ama…I know Oo-Aniki well…he has got a lot to live for..he is a fighter…he will pull through…”
Suikotsu kneeled down next to Bankotsu and placed his hand on Bankotsu's stomach. He pressed on the lower part until he felt the baby. He took out the monitor that Amadala had brought back from TR HQ for him. He placed gel on the bottom of the leader's stomach.
Then he took the probe and moved it around until he heard the baby's heartbeat. It was strong heartbeat for such a tiny thing. Amadala was amazed at the heartbeat.
“This device says that the baby's heart rate right now is about 135 beats a minute….strong baby…” Suikotsu said as he felt around the area that the baby was in.
Finally, Suikotsu smiled. “This baby is going to be alright…..no harm was done to the baby…..this baby is going to be a fighter all right…”
Amadala sighed in relief as well as Jakotsu as they watched Bankotsu sleep.
“Are you going to get onto him when he wakes up?” Renkotsu said as they left the room.
“I will….he should not have put his baby in danger like that…we could have lost both of them….” Suikotsu said as they walked into the living room where Mukotsu and Ginkotsu were trying to comfort Kyokotsu.
“Calm down Kyo!!! He will be alright now!! Him and the baby are ok!!” Mukotsu said as he patted the giant's back.
Kyokotsu sniffled and said,” Oo-Aniki be ok?” Suikotsu nodded and said,” Yes, Kyou, he will be ok….”
“YAY!! I AM SOO HAPPY!!” Kyoukotsu said as he hugged Mukotsu to death. “KYO!! Let go of me!”
Kyoukotsu released Mukotsu. “Sorry….”
“Now we just wait for Bankotsu to wake up…” Suikotsu said as the group gathered in the room and waited for their leader to wake up. They were all hoping that he would pull through but like Suikotsu said, it was a 50-50 chance.