InuYasha Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Know What Its Like ❯ Chapter 6- A Dream and A Vision ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6- A Dream and A Vision
Bankotsu sweated as he was trying to sleep. He was having a nightmare. He was dreaming about his mother and father.
FLASHBACK…………………… ………….
“Mommy, what's that?” a young Bankotsu asked as he pointed to a flower.
Hinata looked at her son and smiled. “Why it's a rose Bankotsu….” Hinata took the red rose and held it up to her son's nose.
Bankotsu took a sniff at it and sneezed. “It tickles my nose Mommy…..”
“That is b/c it smells wonderful…” Hinata said as they continued walking down the path.
The young mother and son continued walking down the path until Bankotsu seen a man coming toward them. “DADDY!!! Look what we found!!!!” Bankotsu said as he ran to his father.
Ayumu looked at what his son was showing him and smiled. He picked up the flower and said,” I love roses. Thanks Bankotsu…oh I have something for you too…”
Ayumu took out the sword behind his back and showed it to Bankotsu. Bankotsu's eyes lit up and he picked up the giant sword.
Hinata was amazed at how strong her son was. “THANKS!!!” Bankotsu said as he hugged his father. “I will use this well………………”
“Thank your uncle…he made it…” Ayumu said as he winked at Hinata.
END FLASHBACK….
The next part of Bankotsu's dream was horrible as horrible could get.
FLASHBACK….
“Mommy!! Wake up!!!” Bankotsu said as he tried to wake his mother up. His father had died two years earlier and his mother mated with a demon.
As a result, she was banished with her young son from the village and beaten half to death.
Bankotsu wept as he heard something in the brush. He turned and freaked out. He wanted to run but he could not leave his mother.
Hinata opened her eyes slowly and looked at her son. “Bankotsu….”
“Mommy? We have to leave now!!!” Bankotsu said as he tried to help his mother up.
Hinata smiled at her son. “You should go….leave me….you will have a better future wherever you end up…….”
“NO MOMMY!! I will not leave!” “Please Bankotsu!!! You will be safe!!! Go find your uncle in the neighboring village…he will take you in…go!!!!! NOW!!”
Bankotsu sniffled and nodded and took off running into the woods. He looked at his mother one last time as he ran further into the woods.
“Mommy…mommy…..”
END FLASHBACK…
Bankotsu heard the voice fading in his dream and he woke up from his dream sweating.
He looked around the room and sighed. “Why do I keep dreaming about that night…the night I had to leave my mother…”
He got up out of the bed and placed his hand on the wall to balance himself. He took his the arm that he had injured and placed it beside his chest and walked toward the living room.
Suikotsu and Amadala were the only two people in the house for the moment and they were drinking sage tea and talking to each other.
Suikotsu looked up from his tea and saw Bankotsu. “BANKOTSU!! You are awake!! Come sit down!” Suikotsu said as he helped Bankotsu sit down.
“Are you hungry Bankotsu? I can fix you something…” Amadala said. “A bowl of your soup that you made last night sounds good about right now….”
“One bowl of soup coming up!” Amadala said as she took some logs and started making a fire in the fireplace.
“Now while she is fixing your soup…I have something to say so listen hard and good…you need to protect yourself more…you put your life and your baby's life at HUGE risk yesterday…..and that is not good. From now on, leave the fighting to us and don't try to do something so foolish next time…” Suikotsu said seriously.
Bankotsu looked down at the table. “Suikotsu is right…I was being very foolish yesterday….It almost cost me my life and the life of my child….”
Bankotsu felt the tears rolling down his face. “I am so sorry Suikotsu..I just wanted to get out of the house for a while…I did not mean to put me or my child in danger…I am scared…can't you guys see that? This pregnancy thing is scary! I don't know if my child will live or die when it is born!!!”
Suikotsu looked at Amadala and then looked at Bankotsu. “Don't worry Oo-Aniki…the baby will be ok..I promise you that.”
Bankotsu sniffled and said,” Really?”
Now to tell you the truth, Suikotsu did not know if the baby would survive the birth or survive all nine months inside Bankotsu. But he knew that he had to keep Oo-Aniki calm.
Suikotsu smiled and said,”Really”
Bankotsu nodded and ate on the soup that Amadala had just placed in front of him. “MMMMM…I love your soup Amadala! I could eat this all day!!” Bankotsu said as he continued to eat.
Amadala and Suikotsu giggled. “I am sure that you could Bankotsu…”
“Oh by the way, look in the living room and see what is in the vase ….” Suikotsu said to Amadala.
Amadala looked puzzled but walked into the living room and gasped at what she saw. There in a vase, were the flowers that Bankotsu had brought back from the valley the day before.
Amadala walked back into the dining hall and tears were rolling down her face. “Those are for me…..”
Bankotsu nodded. “I wanted to bring you something back and I saw the flowers and I knew how much you loved flowers….”
“So I saw what he had in his hands when I carried him back to the house and I put them in a vase..figuring that they had to be for you…” Suikotsu finished.
Amadala hugged Bankotsu and said,” Thank you so much”
Bankotsu nodded as he finished his soup. Just then, the other guys came walking in.
“Well..well..well…look who is up now….” Mukotsu said as they came walking in.
“Bankotsu…….I hope that you learned your lesson from this…” Renkotsu said.
Bankotsu nodded. “I sure have Renkotsu…from now on…I am going to try to take care of myself and my child”
Jakotsu kind of rolled his eyes and thought to himself,” Yeah right….I bet money that he will be back outside in no time”
Bankotsu got up from the table and held his hand as he walked to the living room and sat down.
Jakotsu saw that something was bothering Bankotsu and decided to go talk to him.
“Are you okay Aniki??” Jakotsu said he sat down next to the young leader.
Bankotsu looked up at his best friend. “I am just thinking that's all..”
“Bankotsu, I have known you all of your life and I know that there is something more than that….”
“Alright….I am worried that I am a terrible parent!”
“What do you mean Bankotsu? You are going to be a great parent!” Jakotsu said as he looked at the leader.
“What are you talking about? I almost lost my child for the simple fact that I was careless!” Bankotsu shouted as he started crying.
Jakotsu comforted him. “I know that this is scary for you but you have your friends beside you and that is what matters most!”
Bankotsu sniffled and said,” Thanks Jakotsu, that helps!”
“Anytime…anytime…Now we need to get back and eat….”
Bankotsu nodded. “I am starving!! That bowl of soup did not fill me up!!”
Jakotsu laughed as they walked into the dining hall. “I wonder if Bankotsu is ever going to get full…”