InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ When then boys are away ❯ the finish... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter three.

______________________


“Kagome, cough, I’ve got something that can help.” Akane gets out, before she stops to cough a couple of times. Blood appears on her lips. Akane reaches inside her shirt and pulls out Kasumi’s necklace and cross.

Kagome turns around and looks at Akane, “what?”

“Western tech, western religion . . . ” Akane says as she holds the necklace up.

Kagome relaxes the bow and arrow and grabs the bloody necklace. ‘Blood . . . ’ she thinks. She takes the arrow and rubs it against her bloody face. She wraps the necklace around the arrow. The cross gleams brightly.

“I’ve got you, bastard. My magic, blood magic and Christian magic . . . ” She pulls back the arrow. Back past her ear. Back . . .

The arrow is released . . .

it glows like a comet . . .

It hits the mecha in the chest . . .

The bright light released forces Kagome, Akane and Sota to close their eyes.

Many seconds pass before the spots in front of their eye’s fade enough to see.


The large mecha is gone . . . there is nothing . . .

Kagome’s eyes spot a gleam on the floor.

The shard and the cross are laying side by side.

Kagome looks at the three small mechas. They have fallen apart on the floor of the warehouse.

“We Won!” Kagome yells!

“Yeah, cough, We did, and I didn’t need Ranma, either . . . ” Akane says as she passes out.

“Akane!” Kagome drops the bow and rushes to her side. “I won’t let you die.” She whispers fiercely. She grabs Akane’s hands and a glow envelopes both girls.

“Sota! Get Help!” she yells at her brother.

Sota runs outside. He sees the police car in the distance and runs to it.

As he does that, Inu-yasha crashes through the roof.

“Where’s the fucking bastard?” He yells as he lands of the floor, his sword is out and he wants to kill something, anything . . .


*************

Later at the hospital . . .

Akane is laying in the hospital bed. Bandages cover most of her that is visible. She opens her eyes and looks at the mirror that is in one of the upper corners of the room. “I look like Ranma, after one of his adventures.” She tries to giggle, but all that comes out is a croaking cough.

“I thought I heard something?” Kasumi mentions as she opens the door. “Ah, you’re awake, little sister.” Kasumi and Kagome, who is following her, enters the room.

Kagome has a bandage on her face that gives her a pirate-like appearance. Other bandages are visible as bulges under her clothes. Her legs look like she wearing leg warmers, but they are just large bandages. Her clothing is her traditional school uniform, not the robe she wore at the tournament. Obviously her mother has brought her some new clothes.


“How do you feel?” Kasumi asks.

“Agghh. Bad. I hurt all over.” Akane gets out. ‘I wonder if Ranma hurts this bad. If he does, he’d never admit it.’ She thinks.

“Do you need anything, Akane?” Kagome quietly asks.

“Painkillers?” Akane replies.

“The doctors have told me that they’ve given you the best they can. But, your training means, it’ll be a while before they full affect you.” Kasumi replies.
“Good. I’m not too proud to ask for them.” Akane says. Her eyes open wider, “everything is OK?”

“Yes, Akane. I’ve got the jewel back. I’ve given the cross back to your sister. And everything is fine.” Kagome sighs. “However, I still have no real idea who the old man was. The police have the man you beat at the tournament. And they are questioning him, but . . . sigh, I don’t think they’ll tell us anything.”

“Cough. When I get out of here, I’ll find out, Kagome. All I have to do is to walk up to the police station. They really dislike it when I lose my temper.” Akane weakly smiles.

“Don’t go out of your way, Akane. I can probably find out from my grandfather, since he apparently knew the man.” Kagome says.

Akane begins to giggle and cough. Kasumi and Kagome reach out and touch her to comfort her.

“I’m Ok.” Akane finally gets out. “I just was thinking. I just helped to save the world without needing Ranma and Ranma won’t be able to argue about it.”

“It was a team effort, Akane.” Kagome gently says. “You were needed to distract the machines and bring your sisters cross, without that cross.” She nods toward Kasumi.

Kasumi waves her off. “I did nothing. I did not save the world.” She mumbles, very embarrassed.

Kagome smiles, “While you might not have to put up with your fiancee.”

Akane gasps, “how did you know about Ranma?”

Kagome raises an eyebrow and she says, “You have been unconscious for hours, Akane. While we were waiting, I talked with your sisters.”

She thinks, ‘one of these days, I’ve got to find a way to get Miroku to meet Nabiki. I wonder who could con whom.’

“But, as I was saying, you might be able to brag about this to your fiancee, but I’m going to have to put up with my brother. Because without him . . . ” she shakes her head.

Akane coughs, and she says, “Ranma would never admit that a team was needed to win.”

“We’re not boys.” Kagome says with authority. Akane and Kasumi nod in agreement.

Kasumi says, “You do know, sister, that Ranma isn’t going to admit that this was a world threatening danger.”

Akane sighs. “You’re right, Kasumi. He’ll never admit I was in a world shaping fight. He’ll downplay it totally.”
Kagome raises an eyebrow. “In less than a half-hour, the large mecha grew three fold and created three additional, if smaller, copies. It would have taken the police hours to do anything. Who knows how big it would have been and who many copies it would have made before the police even thought about storming that factory.” She says. “We got him. And given enough time . . . well he might not have conquered the world, but stopping him would have caused a lot of damage.”

Akane and Kasumi nod.

Akane says, “I do want to know about that jewel, Kagome. And why it’s so important.”

Kagome nods, “I owe you that, Akane.” She pauses, then continues, “I am sorry that you got hurt Akane.” She begins to apologize.

“Cough. Don’t worry about Kagome.” Akane smiles. “I wouldn’t have missed this for anything.” The smile grows, “This was the best fight I’ve been in since Ranma arrived. He’s so overprotective . . . ” She rolls her eyes.


“I know the feeling . . . ” Kagome ruefully agrees. “But, you’re sure, Akane?”

“Kagome, ever since Ranma arrived, I’ve been shoved around by him and his friends more often than I care to think about. This time, Kagome, this time, I was important, the fight was important, not some” She pauses as she thinks, “Not some ego-building, unless and stupid fight, that Ranma is always getting into.” She looks at Kasumi, “Did you tell her about Gosukungi and that mecha he ordered via the mail?”

Kasumi looks at Kagome and shrugs, “not yet, but I will.”

A doctor and couple of nurses enter the room. “If everyone could please leave the room?” one of the nurses orders/asks.

“I’ll talk to you later, Akane.” Kagome says as she leaves the room.

A couple of days later . . . Higurashi residence . . .

RING RING

“Kagome! Telephone! It’s your new friend, Tendo Akane!” Mrs. H calls from the living room.

“I’ll get it, mother!”

Kagome speaks into the phone. “Hi! Akane! Why the call?”

“My idiot fiancee just showed up.” Akane growls.
“And”

“And I told him why I was hurt.”

“So”

“He took it the wrong way.”

“Great . . . just great . . . ”

“Sorry, Kagome. He just does not listen.”

“I assume he’s on his way here?”

“Yes, plus . . . Ummm. I don’t now how to say this, so . . . He left just as I was explaining about the jewel and how Inu-yasha wants to change from a half-demon into a full demon.”

“Akane . . . I know that’s important. But I just got finished cramming for a math test. So, please, spell it out for me.”

“He thinks the jewel will cure him.”

“That curse you mentioned . . . ”

“Yes . . . ”

“Sigh . . . I drop through the well for a few hours, Akane. That should give you time to get here and hopefully we can straighten this mess out without destroying my house . . . ”

“Good Idea . . . ”

“Bye, Akane, see you at sunset.”

“Bye, Kagome, see you then.”

Kagome hangs up.

Later at sunset . . .

Kagome and Inu-yasha appear at the bottom of the well.

Ranma and Akane’s heads appear at the top of the well.

“HI! Guys!” Kagome cries as she waves at them. “It’ll only take a minute or so to climb the rope ladder.”
Inu-yasha grabs Kagome and jumps out of the well and lands next to the other two. “Inu-yasha!” Kagome cries. “Give me some warning, next time, Ok?”

“Feh.” Inu-yasha grunts.

“Where is that jewel?” Ranma asks in a rough voice. An anxious expression is on his face.

Inu-yasha moves between Ranma and Kagome, snarling, and his hand on his sword hilt.

“Sigh, Kagome, this is my idiot fiancee, Saotome Ranma. Ranma, this is my new friend, Higurashi Kagome.” Akane says. Akane is still hurt. She is using a crutch to help support her right leg. And her left arm is in cast.

“And this is my, I suppose you can him my protector, Inu-yasha.” Kagome says as she jabs Inu-yasha with her elbow.

“Feh.” “Feh.” The two boys are just staring at each other.

“You’re not getting the jewel, boy.” Inu-yasha growls out.

“It’ll cure my curse, dog boy. I’ll get it.” Ranma growls out.

Akane jabs her crutch between the two boys. “Stop! You two morons!” She turns to Ranma and whispers, “she does have a cat, Ranma. Do I tell her to get it?”

His eyes widen in surprise, “You wouldn’t?”

“She’s my friend. I’m not going to have you fight and destroy her house.” She says in a low voice. “Now, Do I tell her to show me her cat?”

Ranma looks rebellious, but he grits out, “no.”

“Ranma, Thank you.” Akane whispers.

Kagome seeing that Ranma and Akane are finished talking says, “now lets go outside and talk. There are some things that need to be explained.”

Later outside . . .

Kagome is finishing her explanation, “Now, do you understand, Ranma. The jewel, while it might be able to cure you, is not complete.”

“And even if it was, I’d never use it like that.” Inu-yasha growls out.

Ranma glances angrily at Inu-yasha. “I’d use it that way.” He growls out.
Akane and Kagome look at each other and grimace. “Boys, If you have to fight. Don’t do it here” Akane orders.

“Yes, Please. I don’t want to explain to my neighbors about the destruction of my family’s house. So, please, take it elsewhere.” Kagome reinforces Akane.

“Little boy, there’s a park in that direction.” Inu-yasha points in the distance.

“First one there gets the first move.” Ranma glances that way. He jumps onto the roof and starts running. A smile is on his face. “Finally a fight . . . ” he thinks.

Inu-yasha smiles, “Finally a fight . . . ” He starts to run toward the park.

Akane and Kagome look at each other.

“Boys” they say together.

“Akane, normally I hide this. But, since you already know. I do have an album upstairs with pictures of the other side.” She points to the well house. “Want to see them?”

“Of course. We’re not boys. Fighting isn’t the only way to make friends.” Akane smiles.

‘Ranma’s father hasn’t screwed things up. So, I don’t have to worry about that. Having a friend, who isn’t a rival for Ranma. That’s a good thing . . . ’ she thinks.

‘I don’t have that many people I can talk about my life with. Having someone new to talk things over with. Especially since her life is as weird as mine. Making friends with Akane is a good thing.’ Kagome thinks.

As they go upstairs, Akane shyly asks Kagome, “you know that necklace on Inu-yasha... Do you think you could make one for Ranma?”

The end . . .

Hamm . . . a word about my general philosophy when writing stories. I try to be different. So, if this story went in a direction you didn’t think it would, that’s why.

In this story, I wanted the girls to be the stars, so fights for the boys. I wanted to try to highlight the differences on how the girls handle things. Both girls at least try to be independent, so...

Hopefully you, the reader, will like the story, even if I didn’t turn into an Inu-yasha vs. Ranma fight.


Which, for the record, Inu-yasha would win the first round. Ranma traditionally, doesn’t do so good the first time he fights someone. He loses that first round a lot, but finally wins in the end.

Ranma would find something (a new technique, a weakness in Inu-yasha’s style, something) and win the second. Inu-yasha would compensate for Ranma’s new knowledge and win the third . . . and so on . . .

And in the process . . . well . . . such is how Ranma forms friendships.

Inu-yasha’s a little different, friends help him complete the jewel. Ranma wouldn’t be able to do that. But, he might be able to protect Kagome on this side of the well. So, maybe, If Ranma protects Kagome, then maybe Ranma’s a friend.

And if someone wants to continue this . . .

“Who’s that new friend of Akane?” Soun asks Kasumi as he and Genma are playing Go.

“Ohh, her name is Higurashi Kagome, father.” She replies.

‘Hmmm . . . that name is familiar . . . didn’t I make a promise to that family once . . . ’ Genma thinks.

“Who’s Kagome’s new friend?” Kagome’s grandfather asks.

“Her name is Tendo Akane, father. The boys name is, I believe, Saotome Ranma.” Kagome’s mother replies.

‘Saotome . . . I know that name. I’ll have to check my records . . . ’ He thinks.



Thank you for reading
jeff shelton