InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ When then boys are away ❯ the big fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ch 2

Hopefully the combat sequence will work...

________________________
"Arg . . . that hurt." Akane mumbles as she wakes up. She shakes her head to clear it of the cobwebs and starts to get up.

"Akane, you're hurt, don't get up" Kasumi says as she kneels next to her sister.

"It's nothing Kasumi. I've been hurt worse." Akane says as she gets up. "I just wasn't prepared properly. Now where is that thing." She says as she looks around Kasumi.

There is a large hole in one of the walls, obviously made by the mecha as it left. On the path to the hole are several unconscious security guards. Kuno and Akane's father are also lying on the floor unconscious. There is still a lot of confusion around the stadium. Many people are running around trying to either get out, get help and just get away . . .

"What happened?" she asks her sister.

"Father and Kuno tried to stop it, but . . . "

"How long was I out?"

"About five minutes, ten minutes at most, sis." Nabiki says as she approaches.

"Good. I can find it and beat it then." Akane growls out. 'I'm going to beat it. Ranma isn't going to laugh at me for losing a match.' She thinks.

"Here, little sister, for luck." Kasumi says as she takes off her necklace with a Christian cross hanging from it.

"Thanks, Kasumi." Akane smiles as she says confidently, "I mean, I not the one being kidnaped this time, so I will beat the thing, right!" Akane starts to leave.

"Hey, you! You're going after my sister right!" Sota yells as he runs to Akane.

"Yes, I am."

"Good, you're going to need this." Sota hands Akane his sister's bow and a quiver with some arrows in it.

"My sister always gets kidnaped, and she'll need this to help you." He says as he places the bow in Akane's hands.

Akane looks at him, "your sister's been kidnaped before?"

"Yeah, it's normally Inu-yasha that saves her. Mom's gone home to try to get him. But if you're going now . . . " Sota says, then with big puppy dog eyes he says, "can I come? I'll get on your back and I can help, I've done it before."
'Inu-yasha will come and save the day, like always, and I want to see him beat that thing.' Sota thinks.

Akane looks confused for a second but she cannot say no to those puppy dog eyes, "I'm going to regret this, but, jump on, hold onto that bow. If you fall off, I'm not stopping."

Sota quickly jumps on Akane's back and they leave the building.

"OK, People! Who wants to bet about what will happen next!" Nabiki yells.

Kasumi shakes her head. 'Sisters, what would I do without them.' She thinks as she smiles.

The mecha left an easy to follow trail. It goes into a nearby factory area. There are many buildings and the trail of damage fades, so Akane is not sure into which building the mecha entered.

Akane motions Sota to get off her back, "Get off, I'm going to lift you up so you can look through that window." She points to a nearby building.

"Ok, no problem." He says.

"By the way, what's your name again. Kagome only mentioned it once." Akane asks as she lifts him up.

"I'm Sota, her brother. You're Tendo Akane, right?"

"Yes."

"Good, when I grow up, I want to be just like Ranma, your finance." He says, then he says, "Nothing in here."

"How did you . . . "


"All the boys and girls were gossiping about it."

"Grrr. Great. Wonderful." she says in a flat voice. "Hang on. I'm going over to that one." Her arms being filled with Sota, she points at the other building with her head.

"Yes! Something's happening in here, Akane!" He yells as he looks through the dirty glass at the new building. "You've got to see it!"

"Ok, drop that bow and hang onto the window ledge with both hands." Sota does this. Akane catches the bow and arrows before they hit the ground. She jumps up and grabs the ledge and pulls herself up so she can look through the window.

Inside the dirty window she sees...

The mecha has grown, it is now, it's at least five meters tall, perhaps more. Kagome has been laid out on some sort of metal gird. Her arms and legs tied to the gird, somehow. A couple of small man-sized mecha are also standing around.


Akane and Sota can see various metal and electronic items being placed under Kagome. A glowing beam from the shard in the mecha's forehead engulfs Kagome and the other items. When the glow fades a new mecha is standing under Kagome. It moves over to stand with the other mecha.

"Yes! It works! I will conqueror the world!" the large mecha booms go out in a huge gravely voice.

"Ok..." Akane whispers as she looks around.

"Ok, Sota, you still want to help?"

"Yeah." Sota shivers, Inu-yasha isn't here yet and he's a little frightened.

"OK, there's a broken window over there." She points with her head. "I'll lift you up and you can slide through."

"Ok, what do I do then?"

"Sneak up, as close as you can, to your sister. I'll be watching and when you're spotted, I'll attack. You, then, free your sister."

"And then..."

"And then we'll see what happens next."

"Do I take along my sisters bow and arrows?"

"If you really think they'd help, yeah." Akane says as she drops down. "Drop. I'll catch you."

"Ok" Sota drops down. He picks up the bow and arrows and they move to the broken window. AKane lifts him up and he slides through the broken window. Akane jumps up and watches as he slowly picks his way across the factory floor.

Outside the building....


A police car stops. The two police officers get out. "That's where the alarm came from."
"Yes, Plus that Alarm from that archery tournament. Something's happening."

One of the police officers points to Akane, how is hanging down against a building.

"Let's get her."

"Wait!"

"Why?"

"Remember I transferred from Nermia, right."

"Yeah"

"I know her. She's Tendo Akane. And if she's involved, we need to hang back. Weird things happen around her."

"Your sure?"

"Yes, we need to wait for back-up."

"OK"


At the Higurashi house, outside at the front door...

"Sota! Come here!" His mother yells! 'Where is he, I thought he was following me...' she looks around. 'If he went after that thing...'

"If he did something that stupid..." she whispers as she opens the door and enters the house. 'I don't know what I'd do... If he gets hurt... He won't sit down for a week...' She blinks her eyes and stops for a second. 'OK, let's think that through again. IF he gets hurt... I do something...'

In Kagome's room...

'Now where is that bloody cloth Kagome had. She told me and Sota that Inu-yasha smelled her blood in the well the last time and came through because of it. So.. She left a bloody cloth in her drawer, in case we needed to attract his attention...' she thinks as she goes through her daughter's dresser.

"There it is!" She holds up a bloody cloth in a sealed plastic bag.

"Now to the well and Inu-yasha!" She says as she goes to the well.



Back to Akane....

Akane looks around the building. It is old factory and there is plenty of old crates and trash on the floor. Sota should be able to get close before he's spotted. She also sees most old piping and beams on the floor. 'Ok, they may not be a baseball bat. But... I think I'm going to need something."

More metal is moved under Kagome, via a conveyor belt..

"With an army of remote controlled mecha's, I will conqueror the world!" The large mecha booms out.

Then, inclining it's head toward Kagome, it speaks, "After I heard your grandfather one night at the bar. I knew the jewel had been found. I discovered a way to convert it's power into modern technology and using that.... I will get back at all the people that called me a crackpot and insane."

Laughter booms out. "I will conqueror the world!"

'Get to her quickly, Sota, I'm tried of listening to this idiot...' Akane thinks as she tries to follow Sota as he approaches Kagome.

'Where's Inu-yasha? Why isn't he here, yet?' a frightened Sota thinks as he crawls closer to his sister. 'Get here quickly, please...'

Sota stops next to a large crate about five meters from Kagome. He looks back at Akane, he can't get any closer. Akane grimaces. She nods and holds up one hand palm out all five fingers extended. She closes her thumb. Sota nods back. Her pinky folds in. Her ring finger bends in.

Akane nods at Sota. Sota swallows hard and nods back. Akane collapses her middle finger. She takes a deep breath, and makes a fist. She hits the glass with her fist shattering it. Propelled by her other hand she goes through the open window and lands heavily on the factory floor.

"Get Her! Kill Her!" The large mecha yells.

Akane stands up, grabbing a crate as she does. She throws the crate at the large mecha. It shatters on his chest, but the crate was full of some brown powdery substance. This covers the mecha chest and head.

As he cleans his head, his attention is distracted and Sota takes this chance to run to his sister. When he reaches his sister, he sees that Kagome is tied down with plastic twist ties. He takes one of her arrows and cuts the tie.

"Sota! Where's Inu-yasha?" Kagome yells.

"He's not here! Akane, that girl you were standing next to..." He points to Akane as she fights the smaller mechas.

Akane, after throwing the crate, does a flying kick into the nearest small mecha. It overbalances and falls over. She rolls away from it and quickly get to her feet. One of the other mechas swings its fist at her, and hits her. Akane rolls with the punch and when she stands up she has a steel pipe in her hands.

She swings the pipe at the smaller mecha's knee. It takes a couple of hits, but the knee collapses as her pipe shatters in her hands. "Grr.... Pipe..." She growls as she moves away from the two mechas she's caused to fall down. She does another flying kick at the first mecha just as it was rising. As she moves away she can see that the two hits on the head has disabled this one, at least temporarily.

The third small mecha has reached her, by now, and swings at her. She ducks under it and tries to swipe it off it's feet. "Ouch!" She limps away her left leg is hurt from hitting the mecha.

She picks up another crate and throws it against the third mecha. The empty crate shatters against it. "Great!"

She founds another pipe and brings it against the third mecha legs. "Ouch!" the third mecha hits her shoulder causing her to drop the pipe and roll away. But she hurt the knee enough, so that as the mecha chases after her, it limps heavily and falls.

"You two, Ok!" Akane yells as she moves toward the Sota and Kagome.

Sota has freed Kagome by this time and they are running toward Akane. Then they hear, "NO!" the large mecha yells and a beam vaporizes the ground between Akane and Kagome.

"Get out of here! I'll take care of it!" Akane yells as she jumps over the hole and charges the large mecha.

Akane leads heavily, her weaken leg hurting. 'I've got to give them time to escape!' she thinks.

Kagome grabs the bow and arrows from Sota. "Run Sota! Get out of here!" she yells as she stops and turns around. An arrow is in her hand and the she pulls the bowstring back.

She releases her arrow...

The glowing arrow hits the large mecha in the chest, blowing a hole in the large mecha chest. The jewel on the large mechas head glows and a beam hits Kagome, throwing her back many meters, the bow and arrow go flying toward Sota and she crashes into a stack of crates. "Kagome!" Sota yells as he changes direction to help his sister. He picks up the bow and a couple of arrows as he runs

"Kagome!" Akane yells. While watching Kagome shoot she's found a large steel pipe. "I'll beat you!" She swings it against the large mecha, it bounces off his knee. "Grr..." her teeth grits and her anger increases as she swings the pipe even harder. The pipe shatters against the knee of the large mecha, causing only minimal damage.

"DIE!" a beam vaporizes the ground next to Akane. She jumps up and grabs hold of the edge of the hole Kagome made.

'IF I can get inside...' Akane thinks as she pulls herself up. The mecha is healing itself quickly. Akane reaches inside and grabs some wires and pulls them out. The large mecha reaches up, grabs Akane, pulls her off and shakes her, like a cat shakes a mouse.


Sota, meantime, has reached Kagome and is helping her up.

Blood is running down the left-side of her face from a cut on her scalp. Her clothes are torn and blood for various cuts is slowly turning the robe red. A couple of long cuts are on her legs and bruises are already visible. "I can stand, Sota." she grits out as she groans.

The large mecha throws Akane into the same pile of crates the Kagome was blown into. "Duck, Sota!" Kagome pushes her little brother down and to protect him, she falls on top of him.

"HA! HA! HA!" The large mecha booms out. "I will recapture you, Higurashi Kagome, and I will use you to create the army with which I will use to conqueror the world!"

Kagome quickly gets up and looks at Akane.

Akane is in bad shape. Her right leg, at the knee, is either broken or severely dislocated. Blood is already showing brightly on the clothes covering her stomach. Akane's left arm is broken above the elbow. Her face is bruised and cut. Blood is flowing from the cuts in her scalp. "Cheater..." She harshly whispers as she tries to use her right arm to sit up.

"Stay down, Akane!" Kagome cries as she gently shoves her back down. "I"ll handle this."

"Grab Higurashi, mecha. Kill the boy and the other girl." The large mecha orders the only small mecha standing. It's the one the Akane flying kicked twice, so it's head is a little off center, but it's up and it's moving toward Kagome and Akane.

Kagome looks down in her hands. All she has is a bow and two arrows. She swallows hard, and stands up.

She aims one arrow at the small mecha that is approaching and fires. The arrow hits, and the mecha falls to the ground. It's not destroyed, but it is too damaged to stand.

Kagome turns and points the last arrow at the large mecha.
"I'm protected by my western technology against your traditional magic, girl." the mecha announces as he starts to move toward Kagome and Akane. It's so large, however, it has to clear the path first, which will give the girls and Sota a couple of minutes.

Kagome looks around. She, Sota and Kagome are near the center of the factory. She looks at Akane and her condition. 'Can I drag her out, before...' she shakes her head. "Sota run! You can escape, do it!" She yells at her little brother. Sota looks at her, questioningly. "Move Sota!" Sota runs to the window he came through.

"I'll find a way to beat you!" She yells at the large mecha. She draws the arrow back and starts to aim at the head of the mecha. 'Maybe a head shot...' she thinks.

"Kagome..." Akane croaks out.

"Quiet, Akane, I'm trying to do a difficult shot." Kagome says distractively as she tries to aim at the large mechas head. But it is moving and the rafters and wires hanging from the ceiling is making the shot very difficult.

"Kagome, cough, I've got something that can help." Akane gets out, then coughs a couple of times. Blood appears on her lips. Akane reaches inside her shirt and pulls out Kasumi's necklace and cross.

Kagome turns around and looks at Akane, "what?"

"Western tech, western religion..." Akane says as she holds the necklace up.

Kagome relaxes the bow and arrow and grabs the bloody necklace. 'Blood...' she thinks. She takes the arrow and rubs it against her bloody face. She wraps the necklace around the arrow. The cross gleams brightly.

"I've got you, bastard. My magic, blood magic and christian magic..." She pulls back the arrow. Back past her ear. Back...

The arrow is released.....

it glows like a comet.....


the end of chapter 2....

It was a natural cliffhanger to stop on, sorry...

It'll will probably be a couple of weeks before I post the next part. I am for the Sorry for the delay, but...

on my profile page, I have a list of story ideas, that I'm thinking about doing. Getting additional opinions on which stories to do would be appreciated.

Thank you
jeff shelton