InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prologue

A girl with long, tied up, midnight blue hair and with violet highlights walked along the hidden path, accompanied by the lonely trees. Its leaves danced as they reached the ground covering the path that she just treaded on. The sun danced on her hair. It reflected against her dark honey eyes, her thin, long, pupils, and caressed her soft cheeks. Both of her pale cheeks were interrupted with three, long, red-orange claw marks. In the middle of her forward, a circle with a line through it could be seen clearly. She was wearing a boy's uniform and she was not armed. The only jewelry she wore was a dragon pendant. A pine marten was clinging on her shoulder, looking for any rodents that passed their path.

She walked toward the lake in the middle of the forest. The sunlight bounced of the water, making it shimmer. She lay on the sand bank just thinking about her secret that she kept for some time. A twig snapped and she whirled around, her fingernails grew much longer and sharper as she prepared herself for unexpected danger. Her honey eyes had specks of frosty blue with it. She sighed with relief at what she saw and relaxed. Her nails grew to its regular size. "Ryuken! Don't scare me like that! I could've hurt you." Ryuken chuckled and shook her head. Her silver hair caught the sunlight making her cat-like ears visible. Her amber eyes faced Yukiko.

"I doubt that you would've killed me. First of all, you can smell danger a mile away. Since it was just me, you only heard me. Second, you look before you attack, so you would have to see my face. Third, you…"

"Ryuken!" Ryuken turned to her with confusion clouding her amber eyes.

"What?"

"Are you crazy?!" Yukiko reached out to tug at Ryuken's ears. "What are these?!" She continued to poke at them.

"Could you leave them alone," demanded Ryuken. Yukiko left her ears alone and started to fiddle with her dragon pendant.

"But…but, I thought you were human! Oh, sure, you didn't smell like one but…still! AND me being your best friend! How could you not tell me?!"

"I can't tell you everything because you're my best friend in the world. Bet you have secrets too." Yukiko's eyes soften and tears started to form, but she wiped her eyes and looked straight at Ryuken.

Ryuken gave her the innocent smile and suddenly frowned. "Yukiko, stop worrying! You're making me nervous. No one, I repeat NO ONE, will find out. Just relax. Nobody will find out you're a girl demon." Yukiko sighed.

"I'm not worried about the demon part. I'm worried about the girl part. What will happen if someone pokes their nose into our room? What will we do then? Huh?!"

"You got two things, I mean three things that will protect you…us. We have the spell on our locks, you have a great nose, and you will um…, let's just say in light terms, hurt that person." Yukiko loosened up a little.

"Fine, whatever you say."

"Let's go back to the school Yukio." She nodded.

"Ok, Ryuken." They sauntered back toward the school with a fox and a pine marten at their heels.

----------------------------------------------

Hi! This is my very, very, very, very, very first fan-fic (in a way). >-< GIVE ME LOTS AND LOTS OF A+ REVIEWS >:) (Please?!)