InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ The mysterious, new student ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1

Osamu was teaching the class a new calculus problem when someone walked through the door. Everyone except Yukiko looked at the newcomer. The newcomer gave Osamu a yellow slip and he nodded. The teacher looked at his students as he said," Class, please welcome a new student that will attend our element school, Kenohono." A polite applause was given to him. Osamu turned his head to Kenohono. "Will you take the empty seat next to Yukio? Yukio raise your hand." Yukiko raised her hand as she impatiently waited for the adolescent to sit at the empty sit on her left. It seemed like eternity before she could drop her arm. She glared at him with her icy blue eyes and spotted something on his left cheek. A strange character was written on it. Not wanting to be caught staring, she quickly looked the other way, mentally hoping for the bell to ring.

Kenohono's POV

I glanced at the young boy on my right. Must be seventeen, but he looks so sad, yet cautious. His eyes take in what he sees. He looks as if he has a big secret. I'm intrigued by his strange marking on his face. The symbol on his forehead and the claw marks on his cheeks. They seem faintly familiar. What could they be? They surely aren't...no. Can't be. Then, what could it be? Anyways, I want to know more about him. Something draws me toward him, this invisible force. Though he his cold like ice, I know I can reach out to him…and I will.

The bell rang. Saved by the bell Yukiko mentally thought. She gathered her books and shoved Ryuken forward, not waiting for any of her other friends. "What is up," Ryuken muttered grumpily. She was talking to Kenji, but was dragged away because of Yukiko. "This better be something good," she muttered again. Yukiko ignored her and she glanced behind her shoulder. Her face turned slightly pale.

Damn! "Ryu, can we walk any faster," she whispered urgently.

"Why, we have plenty of time before our next class. There's thirty more minutes to go," retorted Ryuken.

"Ummm…That new dude is following us. That's why."

"Ohh…wonder if he has a crush on you." Yukiko face turned slightly pink.

"Baka! We are not girls, remember?!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

"My goodness. Out of all people…hey I think we lost him! Let's go to my locker." They walked toward the blue lockers near the gym room and the locker opened itself up after she pressed a finger to its knob. "I love this locker."

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry up." Yukiko dumped her books and slammed the door shut when she stiffened. "What…oh" Kenohono was leaning against the other lockers looking toward Yukiko and Ryuken.

He walked toward them and said politely, "Hello, you must be Yukio and Ryu. I'm Kenohono, the transfer student." He took out his hand and Ryuken shook it. Yukio stared at it, but Ryuken bumped into her and she shook it. Little bits of frost appeared on her hand and his hand as they shook. Kenohono quickly withdrew his hand and touched the hilt of his sword. The frost melted away. "Not very friendly, is he?"

"No, not really," answered Ryuken," You got to know about he…him before you can even shake hands with her. Trust me, obtaining friendship with him isn't easy." Yukiko looked at Kenohono and Ryuken with evil, green spotted amber eyes. I swear it was honey colored thought Kenohono.

"Guess I'll see you at next period." He briskly walked away.

"See ya," shouted Ryuken. Ryuken looked at Yukiko with an exasperated look. "You could've been nice to him. For once, will you stop being so cold to…"

"How many times have we been through this argument? Oh yeah, at least a thousand times."

"He was just trying to be nice."

"Well, I call it snooping. He shouldn't just talk to any stranger like…Ohh lookie. It's Yahiko, Soujiro, and, oh yes, Kenji." Ryuken blushed.

"Hey look! It's Ryu and Yukio! Hey!" Ryuken frantically waved to Kenji and his group. Yukiko just gave a small wave. The group ran to them. "Hey, you know that new kid," said Kenji," he looks tight. I like that symbol on his cheek. So cool. I'm not offending you right Yukio?" Kenji had a frightened look on his face. Yukiko gave him a large smile, making sure her large, razor-sharp canines showed.

"Don't worry," she replied sweetly," I'm not offended at all." Kenji started sweating.

"You know, I heard he's an expert swordsman, fighter, and he uses his element really good."

"Well, let's think Yahiko, who else here sounds like this expert," suggested Soujiro," I remember, sounds like our Yukio here." Yukiko gave Yahiko a wicked smile. Kenji looked at the clock tower.

"Uhh, I think we should leave now. You know we have that meeting in two minutes."

"What meeting?"

"Well, it's the meeting for the upcoming dance Ryu."

"Dances." Yukiko spat. "They're so stupid."

"Oh come on! You get to see all the girls."

"Don't try to convince Yukio, its hopeless Yahiko."

"Whatever, I'll see ya later." Yahiko, Soujiro, and Kenji left. Ryuken sighed. Yukiko looked at her.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. Let's go change. Where's Moriko?" Yukiko stretched her hand out in the air and out of nowhere, a golden-red pine marten sat on her hand, patiently waiting.

"You called."

"Could you go spy on Kenji and his gang?"

"For what price?" Ryuken reached into her pocket and took out a candied yam. Moriko snatched it away and munched on it. Once it was finished, she scampered away, following Kenji's group.

"Why did you want her to spy for?"

"Don't ask questions. Let's go to our rooms."

-------------------------------------

Is this good so far? I'm not sure, but you can help by reviewing!