InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ If We Could Go Further Away ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If We Could Get Further Away

Chapter Six: And the tournament continues

"Talking"

`Thinking'

(Me asking questions or telling you stuff I forgot)

*Me telling you non-important stuff about myself or something*

Disclaimer: I blah blah blah.

Last Time:

"Next match is Kenshin vs. Sango!"

This Time:

"I wish you luck, that I do Miss Sango," Kenshin said, walking to the opposite field.

"You're the one that's going to need the luck," she said, half smiling.

Kenshin raised his eyebrows but didn't comment. "And-BEGIN!" Yahiko shouted.

Sango unsheathed her sword and charged at Kenshin, who did the same. They met, swords at each other's throats, and then jumped back. They charged again, Kenshin stopping Sango in mid air. She's good, he thought. The next time, Sango had to stop Kenshin from attacking her. Sango charged again as Kenshin lost concentration for a split second, and paid for it by a cut on his arm. Sango smirked slightly. That smirk was cut short however, when Kenshin charged at her, knocking the sword form her hand.

Sango ran back to where she dropped Hiraikotsu. Too bad for her Kenshin had god like speed, for he caught up to her and attacked. Sango just had time to hold up Hiraikotsu before she got hit. With a loud crack, it broke in half. Kenshin attacked again, and Sango used the chain she kept hidden to grab his sword and throw it away from him. She smirked. Kenshin merely raised an eyebrow and in a flash was gone and returned, carrying his sword again. He pinned Sango to the ground, the sword at her throat and said deadly,"Do you give up?"

Sango, no matter how much she hated to admit it, and would rather gut herself with a spoon and rip her eyeballs out, said curtly "Yes."

"And the winner is….KENSHIN!" Yahiko announced, and Megumi recorded this. Kenshin offered to help Sango up, but she pushed herself up and brushed past him to go sulk at losing her third battle ever. "Next up…Sano and Misao!" Yahiko said.

~~~

The players walked onto the field. "And begin!" Yahiko said.

At first, it was a battle of wills. Who could stay there the longest without attacking. Snide remarks were passed back and forth, and boy, were they getting angry. At last, both had enough of the other and charged. This may have been the shortest battle ever. After the smoke cleared, Sano stood, holding Misao to the ground with his foot. They all sweat dropped and Yahiko said, "And the winner is Sano!" Megumi also recorded this. "There will be a half an hour break before the tournament continues! We will draw lots again of the three remaining fighters and wrap this tournament up!"

They all went to relax.

A/N: Wow…this took a really long time too huh? So sorry…but-here's the chapter. Next chapter, we wrap up this tournament and then, Sano and the Ramen ensues. Sorry, but I'm no good at all for fighting scenes. TTFN! Sly