InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Sakura Petals ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paper Sakura Petals By: Tsukiko-san
Pairings(s): Kenshin/Kagome and maybe Sano/Sango
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Rurouni Kenshin though I have an imaginary Kenshin plushie (Huggles Plushie)
Author's Note: Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time I blame it on school and my creativity had been disrupted. So enjoy this chapter!
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: A mindless miko and confused rurouni
-------------------------------------------------------
 
 
He was the manslayer a cold hearted assassin having bathed in blood of many men; he showed no mercy to his enemies. He lived bygone days in his dreams and usually woke up in a cold sweat hoping to get the dull eyes of death erased from his mind. His days as the battousi was over but that didn't mean all his sins have been erased they still remain a terrible reminder that he should never get too close with someone unless he wanted their blood to stain his hands. He would drop anything and just be a memory to people if it meant not endangering his friends, the boundaries between innocence and evil are clearly marked in blood but he still had yet to decide which side he was on.
 
He was a murderer and no matter how much he wished to remove that part of his life it will always remain as a horrible memory that he use to be battousi and nothing will change that fact.
 
Kenshin held the young girl in his arms his calloused hands held her in a steel grip so that she wouldn't slip and fall to the ground. His violet eyes were wide with a surprised expression marring his face. He studied the picture though it was a bit difficult since the moon didn't provide that much illumination. He adjusted his grip while grabbing the small piece of paper that laid in the dew covered grass that reflected a green mist in the moonlight.
 
“Oro?” Kenshin whispered as he looked to the young girls finding no answers on her serene face as to why she held a picture of him. Kenshin felt his thoughts going rapidly in a circular motion much like a dog chasing his tail. Kenshin felt a throbbing pain between his eyes as he decided that he shouldn't put in anymore thought in such a petty thing. Kenshin tried to rub his head hoping to dispel his oncoming headache almost dropping the young girl in the process. Kenshin caught her just in time making her mumble things he didn't quiet catch.
 
“Miss, miss please wake up.” He said hoping to wake her so that he didn't have to carry her all the way to the dojo. It didn't affect her only making her burrow into his chest as he tensed for a couple of seconds before he relaxed once more.
 
Kenshin sighed once more and made his destination towards the dojo hoping that he will get his answers once she has regain consciousness. He was glad that she was smaller in stature or it would be a bit difficult for him since he was a bit short for a man.
 
A sound of things being thrown made him wonder if he should wait out until Kaoru-dono and Yahiko tire out from their little fight. Kenshin shook his head knowing that his arms were getting a bit tired and usually their fights might take longer then expected. Really, why couldn't they just get along?
 
Kenshin opened the sliding door after some difficult moments; he made sure that he wasn't in the crossfire of anything that they were throwing at each other since he his forehead was still a bit sore from that rock Kaoru threw at him. (How did she even get the rock in the first place?)
 
“Kenshin, who's that? She sure looks prettier then this raccoon…” Yahiko mumbled the last part but that didn't stop Kaoru from hearing the remark on her beauty. Kaoru's ivory cheeks flushed in anger as she held a large book in her hands hoping to get a clear shot at Yahiko's head.
 
“I don't know that I don't. She just fell unconscious.” He said seeing the glint in Kaoru's eyes hoping that the strange young girl might distract her so that a new fight didn't break out.
 
She caught the bait.
 
“Really? Let's get her a futon.” Kaoru said her good nature coming to the surface as she led Kenshin to a spare room. Yahiko followed his question going unanswered as he put in hands behind his head in a relax position.
 
“Why did she fall unconscious?” Kaoru asked as Kenshin settled the girl onto the futon. Kenshin looked towards Kaoru as he gave her a puzzled look to her question.
 
“I don't know.” He said genuine puzzlement marring his face.
 
(Scene Change: Feudal Era)
 
 
Her translucent pets wavered around her as her raven hair fluttered in the air. The bitter anger that made her thrive lay deep in her clay body. She flexed her fingers finding them stiff for not devouring a soul for the last couple of days. She was just a mere shadow of what her life use to be and the despair of her death lay heavily on her shoulders.
 
Her reincarnate housed her soul and the little soul that lay in her body was crying out needing to piece its essence back together. Kikyo had ignored the cry for far to long the yearning was too strong and her clay body will cease to exist if she ignored the need for the rest of her soul.
 
Kikyo pet her pets finding comfort in them. She sighed going to the well her reincarnate went to ever so often. Kikyo touched the old well finding the strong pull of magic covered it. Her pale hands took one arrow that she carried and touched the sharp tip making a small hole in her hand but it did not bleed.
 
Her soul stealers looked at their mistress showing concern for her when no else did (except Inuyasha). Kikyo strung an arrow as she pointed it into the ancient well while she said a small incantation. She let the arrow fly a small black light engulfed the tip of the arrow.
 
It glowed until it covered the whole well in a black tainted light that she took comfort in. She rested onto the well's edge finding that her clay body was hard to function. Her dull black eyes looked into the black well until she closed her eyes and fell into the abyss of the well finding the strange blue light turn into a blackish tainted light that showed her the way to her reincarnate.
 
“I will get my soul back…” She whispered while her soul stealers looked at their mistress before she vanished.
 
--------End Chapter-------
 
Yes it is really short and I know I haven't updated this fic in months and I promise I'll TRY to update this fic faster. Review please!
 
Review Thanks:
Araigeasa: Yup I agree there should be more RK/IY fics and thanks for reviewing!
ice_princess_1185: Thnaks and thanks for reviewing!
Krystle: Thanks for reviewing and I'm glade you like it!
emi-chan : I'm sooo sorry that I didn't update sooner! And thanks for reviewing!
PrincessRock323: Thanks and thanks for reviewing!
{*crazy-punk-gurl*}: Thanks and thanks for reviewing!
lady tigger : hehe Sorry I couldn't update faster…Thanks for reviewing!
Stefni: I think that there are a couple of Ken/kag fics and thanks for reviewing!