InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rabusutori ❯ Tenteki (Falling Rain) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone, Yotaka-San here! This is my fist Rurouni Kenshin/Inuyasha crossover that has made it to fanfiction.net or the internet for that matter. It should prove interesting with some magic here and there and the characters are not OOC (out of character) so it keeps to the same polite Kenshin and idiotic Inuyasha so that's cool I think. Kaoru might be just an itty bitty bit out of character though because it's necessary. This will be an Inuyasha+Kagome and Kenshin+Kaoru fanfic so watch out I might try to trick you into thinking differently! Wahoo! @_@

Key:

~~~~~~= next scene or flashback

` '= thoughts

" "=speaking

P.S. I will not drop out on this fanfic, you have my word. The only way I wouldn't would be if an emergency came up and I could not continue or people are not reading it and not leaving a review. I know how annoying it is when people do that without warning and never continue their crossover. Trust me people; I know how you feel about that so I will do my best. Expect one update per week except holidays which will take me longer to update especially Spring Break, Christmas, and four weeks in the summer. If I don't update one week I will the next.

I will send you e-mail updates on my story if you are a continuous reviewer which I will not know till a couple more chapters.

P.S.S. This will be a long ongoing saga fanfic as well as lots of twists and kawaii surprises.

Let's go!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Kagome's High School

"Baka! Baka! Baka!" Kagome hit herself on the head. The worst thing that could happen did. She didn't know the answers to any of the questions on her test. If it wasn't for Inuyasha she might know all of them pretty much but no!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Flashback

"Kagome, you can't go home now! The shards are so close you bitch." Kagome gritted her teeth; Inuyasha just never knew when to shut up. "I have a test to study for, I have to go home idiot!" Inuyasha snorted, "Feh! You always have to take such stupid tests. Kagome retorted, "Stupid?!?! They're not stupid you're stupid baka!"

Inuyasha pointed his finger at her. "I bet you just want to see that Hojo guy you're always talking about don't you?" Kagome turned red, "I only mentioned his name once, and no I'm not going to see him I really do have a test."

"I don't really care anyway. If you really want to see that retard then go right ahead I won't stop you. I can find those shards all by myself." Kagome shrugged, "Okay. See yah'."

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Kagome kept walking, "Where do you think, home." Inuyasha jumped in front of her and blocked the path. "Why are you in my way Inuyasha, let me through! You don't care, remember?" Inuyasha looked thoughtful for a moment then said hesitantly, "Well. . . I didn't think you would actually go." Kagome fell anime style on her head, she got up rubbing her head with a big sweat drop on it, "I guess I can stay a couple of days more, but only because we HAVE been behind on finding the shards." Inuyasha scoffed, "That's only because you're so fucking lazy. Man, if you didn't know how to detect shards I would have killed you." Kagome then said smugly, "Well , I do help you collect shards, I am here, and am here to stay so if you don't like it that's just too bad for you." Inuyasha snorted again, "Like I said bitch, I don't need your help but you do make things much easier for me but you can go if you don't want to just go along home now." Kagome shook her head, "Inuyasha, why do you have to be so damn difficult. I'm coming I guess, but if I fail that test I will kill you personally." Inuyasha shrugged and let her get on his back and they went to go find Miroku and Sango.

End Flash Back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"Grrr!" Kagome growled to herself and broke her pencil since she was pushing on it so hard with her thumb and index finger. "Awww man! That was my favorite pencil." She whined out loud. "Miss. Higurashi, there is no talking or disrupting the other classmates during a test. I'm afraid I will have to give you an F." The class giggled and Kagome sighed, it didn't matter if she argued with him that she was just mumbling to herself and not talking but that wouldn't help anyway. `It doesn't matter anyway; I was bound to get an F even if I didn't say anything. I'm gonna kill Inuyasha after school today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

After School

Kagome stepped out onto the front patio of the school. She sighed, it was raining. Raining soft gentle warm drops of rain that left little stains on her face where they fell. She walked down the streets in a mechanical type way since she took the same route every morning and evening. `Damn, I should have brought an umbrella. Nothing ever seems to go right for me.' She walked on until she got into the front door of her house and she slid the door open. She walked up the stairs to her room and went in and closed the door behind her and went into her bathroom to ring out her hair. She turned on her hair dryer and blew her hair dry. She put on some clean clothes and packed a little bit of Ramen in her backpack to eat in Feudal Japan when she got there. She tucked an umbrella under her arm and opened it just before stepping outside. It was raining even harder so she hurried over to the shrine and closed the shoji behind her when she got in. She adjusted her backpack a little, took a deep breath and jumped into the well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Meanwhile in the Meiji Era of Japan at Kaoru Kamaiya's Dojo

"Whew" Kaoru wiped the sweat off of her brow when she finished her practice swings with her bo, she went over to the sword stand and put the wooden sword on the top shelf. Today was a good day to practice, the rain outside made a monotone sound that was perfect for the hard training she had to focus on. She took three calming breaths and went into the bath house to take the bath that Kenshin had prepared for her. She sighed as she eased into the calming waters and enraptured herself in a soothing blanket of warmth. Her aching muscles started to relax as she just sat there soaking and relieving herself from the stress that had been building up on her all of that week.

`Kenshin is so good to me,' Kaoru thought, `Always building up the fire for my bath and helping me keep the dojo's cleanliness up to par.' She sighed and submerged her head underwater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"Kaoru, dinners ready!" Kenshin yelled out from the front door towards the bathhouse. "Okay!" she yelled back and she got out of the warm bath reluctantly and shivered as she picked up the towel that she laid near her bath. She dried off and put on a blue and green kimono before she stepped out of the bathhouse. "Dammit! I forgot to bring an umbrella!" she rushed through the rain to get through the door as fast as she could.

"Miss. Kaoru, did you get wet?" Kenshin smiled at her and she smiled back. "Yes, but I'll live. Where's Sanosuke and Yahiko Kenshin?" she asked him. "I don't know where Sano is but Yahiko left an hour ago to go help out Tsumbame at the Akabeko." Kaoru looked down at her sandals and just said, "Oh, guess it's just us then huh?" Kenshin nodded in agreement then said he had to get something really quick.

`Wonder what he's getting?' Kaoru mused. The Rurouni then came back with two umbrellas. "Here, take one, you'll need it." Kaoru took the umbrella then said, "Kenshin, where are we going?" "I need a special type of mushroom to season the miso soup. I assumed you wouldn't want to stay by yourself in here so I got you and umbrella so you can come too." Kaoru nodded, "You bet, there's no way I'm gonna stay here." Kenshin laughed at her sureness and exuberance. "Come on." He said and he stepped out into the rain umbrella over his head and Kaoru followed.

They walked out into the woods, it was very muddy but it was full of life. They saw foxes, rabbits, and raccoons (A/N ^_^). They came upon a clearing in the forest and it was full of night flowers and other growing things which included mushrooms and one large tree. But in the middle of the field was a mysterious well. Kaoru was puzzled, she knew this forest bit by bit and she never knew this clearing or well was here. She shrugged and went over to the well and looked down it while Kenshin was busy picking mushrooms. It was empty, the well that is, which was strange since it was pouring. She bent over it even farther to get a better look but she leaned over too far and fell in. "Ahhh!" she screamed as she fell. It was long fall that it was; she finally hit the bottom after a minute. She looked upward and felt the rain hit her face and she squinted her eyes so she could see if Kenshin was looking in for her. But she could see nothing so she just called out to him, "Kenshin!" But she heard nothing back so she decided to try and climb out herself. She grabbed onto the surprisingly not slick walls of the well and tried to climb her way up. All of her Kendo practice was paying off because she easily could maneuver herself up with ease. Of coarse it would have been even easier for Kenshin though because he could just jump up to get out but she couldn't jump like him.

When she made it to the top she saw not the clearing she was just in, but another place with a big tree there too. "Who are you and what are you doing climbing out of the well! You're not Kagome!" someone said from the tree tops. Kaoru was so surprised that she fell off the side of the well and into a clear puddle of water. "Damn it!" she yelled as she tried to get on her knees. She looked up to see a young boy with silvery white hair and amber eyes.

Review! Review! Review! I will update as soon as possible!