InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Embers ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I LOVE a couple of sailor moon sprite comics on the web I've found. That's why I'm writing this fanfiction about the main characters Vanessa and Candy. This will be a slash fic of them. I think they would be so good together! Besides that in There goes the Neighborhoods early comics it has Vanessa mentioning the fact that her and Setsuna had been an item which means there is some logic to this paring!

Disclaimer: I do not have permission from Naoko Takeuchi nor do I have permisson from the sprite comic authors to use their fan characters. I just think Vanessa and Candy would be so cute together!!

O yeah this will be in the point of Vanessa/Yinggirl most of the fic! Just to let you know!

Now on to the story:


Back in my past life I had loved the guardian of the gates of time. And for a time she had returned my love. I know it seems odd that I'm talking about this now, since she broke my heart and all in this day and age but I have to.

My world is chaos at the moment. Being pulled and pushed into things and places that I'd rather not go. Not to mention that most of the people I would call my peers on this planet ignore me or flat out have tried to kill me just because I wasn't born into their court.

At least back then I had Setsuna.

But that doesn't change now.

Sure I have a few so called "boyfriends" and they get along pretty well besides the occasional declaring of their affections to me saying they love me more causing a fight to break out and punches thrown.

..But I just don't know. I mean most woman don't get the chance to have two men dating them at the same time partally because that kind of behavor is frowned upon by todays socity and partally because the men normally don't want to share the woman.

But maybe it's me. Maybe it's my inablilty to CHOOSE one of them. Then that brings up the question as to why I won't choose? Why I can't choose. Which inevitably leads back to Setsuna the more I think about it and am true to myself. The fact that neither men has ever instilled the butterflies and fireworks that she had back then. How neither one has ever really been truely there for me.

Then I question myself if I ever had felt that way about ANYONE in this day and age.

If you'd give me a moment I'd tell you the answer.

But..see that's the problem. There IS someone that causes a rush of emotion and butterflies. There is someone who understands me. There is someone, that if I don't deny, that I am infatuated with as of late.

Now I know your probably cheering that this story would probably be over with before it's even started. But why the hell would I write this without some confict.

Yes there is some confict with it all.

See...their already in love with someone else. Not only that but their one of my best friends. They can be a bit naive at times and *cute* but some how...

How the fuck it happened I stll don't know.

I find myself flustered around them. Deadly quite as of late not knowing what to say or do, like when Setsuna and I had dated back in my past life. They think it's something else, always asking if something's wrong and if I ever need to talk that I could talk to them.

But I can't talk to them.

Which is why I'm writing this piece. Because in truth THEM is really a woman. A strange, naive innocent, HETEROSEXUAL woman and I can't stand it anymore. Because everytime so gazes upon me with a worried look in her eyes asking me if I'm alright, or giggling about the next game that comes out she's been waiting for I just want to reach over there and pull her into an embrace confessing my dark secret in her ear quietly.

To kiss her softly on the lips.

And she has no idea what so ever I feel this way. I'm the monster that wants to destroy her. To destroy the friendship I have with her.

..I just don't know what to do. I thought I had put any feelings towards woman in my past, buried with my relationship with Setsuna figuring I'd pick someone male to spend this life with.

How destiny likes to fuck with people, eh?

I can hear footsteps in the hallway, and I know the walk.

It's my angel and at least on this paper I can call her that freely without worry. I must end this journal entry now for I fear she'll walk in and find my secret out...

Vanessa

- - - - - - ---8@ - - - -

Gazing up from her desk, sliding the journal out of sight the senshi of the phoenix looked over toward the door hearing a quiet knock.
"You can come in," She said trying to sound a bit upbeat then she felt. There wasn't any reason to worry the poor woman.
"Ahh! Vanessa! There's a new comic shop opening not far from here! I figured you'd want to come with me and check it out! I hope they have lots of manga!" The look in her eyes and the giggle in her voice made Vanessa smile lighty chucking herself.

She'd never know, would she? So naive...but that's what Vanessa found so likable about her.

"Sure," She said standing up and reaching for her wallet. "I have nothing else to do."
Nodding the woman almost skipped out of the door leaving Vanessa alone for a second letting the breath she had been holding go, worry on her face. She would just have to ignore these feelings and move on, maybe fall in love with one of her boyfriends fully. With time that might happen. But something told her otherwise. Time was something that couldn't easily forget Setsuna so how long was it gonna take to push off this infatuation with her?

Reasoning with herself, Vanessa figured that since she wasn't ever in a relationship with her that the feelings would fade a whole hell of a lot faster then the pain from breaking up with Setsuna.

"You coming already, or did you get lost?" The woman in questions head popped in gigging starting Vanessa half to death. If she only knew how lost she really was!
Frowning she glared at the woman who realized that she had scared the daylights out of her.
"Sorry!" She eeped ducking her head out of her doorway hurried footsteps followed behind her.

Vanessa would have to forget and move on....

......for Candy's sake.

Chapter One

"These are soooooo cute!" Candy's voice giggled holding out a set of indeed cute manga in front of Vanessa's face. She had never really gotten into "cute" series. It had always been horror and action when it came to her tastes. They complemanted each other that way.
"They have my series here," Vanessa muttered in astonishment picking up a book laughing lightly. "I'll have to buy it."
"Me too!" Candy responded. "Though which one?" Turning her head Vanessa saw Candy with two different series in her hands and a look of deep consentration.

Ok so she was cute.

Quickly abolishing the thought Vanessa walked over behind the woman and looked at which two series she had been trying to pick. Neither of them really interested her, as she figured.
"I'd pick the on on the left." Vanessa then muttered walking away.
"OK! The left one it is!" Candy grinned putting the other book down. "You done or shall I find something else to look at? I don't mind."
"I'm done," Vanessa smiled lightly. Always cute. Always to caring to the point your teeth ached.
"Nooow!" Candy seemed to be announcing. "I shall buy your book too! It is after all your birthday coming up, right?"

Blinking Vanessa nodded remembering the date. It was indeed coming up.
"..You don't have to..." Vanessa said quietly, her bangs shadowing her eyes not trying to give away any emotion. At that moment her heart was going crazy. It was just a friendly guesture since after all it was her birthday coming up. Candy would never think of her in that way ever. And she was the monster trying to destroy her friendship with the woman.
"It's alright Vanessa. I want to buy it." Candy's voice broke in. "You are after all one of my best friends!"

Best friend? Is that all I am to you crossed in her mind as she flinched lightly but Candy's back was already turned paying the check out lady for both books.

Taking a deep breath Vanessa shoved her anger down and put on another smile taking the bag Candy offered.
"Thank you," She said.
"Anytime!" Candy giggled.

- - - - - - ---8@ - - - - -

Leaning on a hand, playing with her brooch absently with the other Vanessa gazed out the window of her room quietly. She was thinking, though thinking as of late became chaotic and confusing.

Hell everything was confusing now a days. Up was down! Down was up! And..

Why the fuck was this happening to her?!

Angrely Vanessa threw her brooch at the wall causing it to land on her bed across the room lightly. Turning angrely away in her seat she sat there for a few moments more. Not only was she so fucking confused about her emotions but the fact that both of them where sailor senshis was another factor in this big mess.

That's how Candy and her had met. They where both sailor senshi, neither of them in the court that protected and lived on this world. The court everyone knew was Sailor moon and her sailor senshi. At times they would fight together (the other court and herself) and at times they would fight against each other. It was a big confusing mess of politics and power.

None of which she really even wanted to be apart of.

But again destiny fucked up her life.

Sighing she heard absently the phone ring. It was probably one of her boyfriends. Dante to be specific. The Inu didn't use phones, always complained that his claws got in the way and usally ended up breaking the phone in his hand.

Deciding to answer it she stood up from her seat and walked over picking it up.

She had been right.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out a few hours tonight?" His voice rang in his ear. "We haven't been on a date for a few weeks."

Vanessa hesitated a moment but gave up. If she was going to forget about these fucked up feelings for Candy she would have to focus her attention on something else.
"Sure. I've got nothing else to do."
"I'll be there in a little bit." He said back.

Quickly saying her goodbyes she hung up the phone heading back into her room and quickly dug in her closet finding a nice dress to put on and quickly changed into it.

Gazing in the mirror a flash of a scene wandered through her head. One of her wearing this dress holding a gigging, blushing Candy in her arms as they walked down the street together, maybe after a movie, or a play of some sort.

Quickly shaking her head and trying to remove the blush from her cheeks Vanessa hurried into her bathroom to put on some makeup and get fully ready for her inproptue date.

Daydreaming like that had to be put to a stop and what better person to do that then Dante.

After all he was cute, and treated her well, right? That would be the perfect boyfriend in anyone NORMAL's eyes.

So why the hell was her mind wandering to HER with the thought of a date with Dante.

Frowning Vanessa sighed once more.

She would have to get over this.

Hearing a knock at the door quickly she picked up her wallet and rushed down stairs giving a quick kiss to Dante smiling lightly at him.
"You ready?" He asks watching her for a moment.
"Yeah." She replied pushing him out the doorway and walking toward the car. Hopefully this date would keep her mind off of her worries for at least a little bit. Well she hoped that it would.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Smiling lightly Vanessa was leaning on one of her hands again looking at the tall silver haired man in front of her. The resaurant he had picked out was perfect in everyway. They had good food, it was beautifuly decorated, and their table had a bit of privacy to it. And actually for the first time in a few hours she was enjoying herself. The worries of her mind were pushed back a bit.
"I love your smiles," He stated breaking the silence between them. "I'm glad I can see them tonight so freely."
Responding to that she just grinned once more. Maybe she'd pick him to settle with, or maybe she'd end up being with both men for the rest of her life. Something that sounded nice in thought. Most of the time though a little voice in the back of her head told her that she didn't want either of them.

That damn voice wasn't going to wreck her night though. Not tonight. After she vowed to change her feelings and her destiny.

That voice was being silenced by the loving stare of the man sitting across from her.
"This is a wonderful place," She commented glancing around the resaurant taking a sip of her wine.
"I know!" Dante exclamed. "And guess who told me about this place! Vash of all people. He told me that he takes Candy here all the time for their dates."

Vash?

Blinking Vanessa had to get ahold of her emotions for a second. She wasn't going to let this infatuation ruin her perfect dinner and date! This was begining to annoy the woman that Dante, a wonderful caring man, only had to mutter the name of the man Candy was in love with and she was about to fly off the handle!

"Vanessa? Are you ok?" Dante's voice broke in his hand reaching out and touching hers from across the table.

Almost instinctivly she slapped it away feeling tears coming to her eyes.

She was jealous. Hell she new that was true.
"...I don't think I can do this tonight..." Vanessa muttered turning her back to the man.
"Something's wrong, isn't it? What happened? When I mentioned Vash's name you seemed to grow angrey. Did he do something to you.."
"NO." She dryly stated. "I just remembered something I've got to do." Turning she leaned over the table and gave a quick peck on the cheek to Dante. "Take care of the bill? I can't stay long." With the last statement she almost ran from the restaurant. Not letting Dante follow behind her.

Ran from the man most woman would consider perfect. All because of a woman who most would consider imperfect.

Why the fuck did destiny have to laugh at her and torment her so?!

Stumbling through the night toward her house all Vanessa could do was cry. Cry about all this and the feelings that tormented her so. But Vanessa didn't want to fight this anymore. It grew tiring.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Yay! My first chapter done! I had been thinking about writing this for a little while now but never got up the courage to do so! This is after all my first slash/shoujo ai fic *blushes*. I'll try and keep it pg-13 but you never know with one of these fics after all.

Please please please review it! I want to know if you guys like it and what can I improve on it for the next chapter! It would mean so much to me.