InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Embers ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yay second chapter already! #^_^#

Disclaimer: I do not have permission from the creator of sailor moon, nor do I have permission from the creators of Ying Girl or Solar Sun to write this. I do not claim them as my own either. I'm just a fan!



Chapter 2

Sinking deeper into her depression Vanessa was contimplating how to explain to Dante what had exactly happened a few nights ago at the resauarant. She had avoided the man since then not knowing how exactly to explain herself without telling to the truth...

O yeah Dante it turns out I'm a lesbian and I'm in love with Candy of all people. Sorry to get your hopes up. Also I'd been dating you and the Inu these past few years just to "test the waters". You failed...

No. She wasn't..cound't be in love with the woman. It was just an infatuation of sorts. Maybe this infatuation was a result of herself trying to surpress the fact she could be bisexual. Maybe if she accepted that that these feelings would just float away and everything would make sense again.

But nothing ever made sense in her world so why should this ever be any different?!

Turning her head she gazed at a framed picture of her and the closest senshi friends she had made during their battles. Even her daughter (geneticaly made) stood in the group next to her and Candy. Closing her eyes she sighed. It was tiring. She was tired.

Even if she accepted the feelings there was still the whole matter of the woman in love with another. She had been in love with the man for the past three or so years. How dare she even think about breaking the happy woman up. Tearing her world apart! How evil could she really be to want to be that selfish. That was even if the woman in question would accept a relationship with her!

Reaching up and wiping a few tears away Vanessa decided it would be best to go for a walk, to clear her mind a bit. Maybe it will help, she figured. Well the way she felt there was no where to go but up, well she hoped.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

There wasn't any time to even think about her problems. When Vanessa entered the park she frequented near her house there was a monster attacking civilians. Quickly she henshined and ran over toward the battle trying to free the innocents. They weren't apart of these battles. Most of the time the monsters would just use them as shields or distractions. Of course any good senshi would know this but still have to try and protect them before they could defeat the monster.
"PHOENIX STAR SHOT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs feeling the surge of power corsing through her fingertips causing flames to leap off her hands blasting the creature directly. Jumping from her position on a tree branch she dove down slamming her foot in it's face then finishing her landing beside the creature with a flying punch to it's upper jaw.

Shaking her hand absently as she walked toward the creature cauiously hoping it would be dead.
"Ying!" A tired sounding voice she reconized yelled out. Turning her head, Vanessa saw one of her best friends, the woman that somehow made her heart jump to her throat with just a mutter of her voice, running toward her alone fully in her fuku and her staff in hand. Feeling her face begin to flush Vanessa turned away from her looking at the creature but noticing something right away.
"Watch out!" Candy screamed seeing the thorns it had generated laying there flying at her. "...SUN FLARE...UP!"

A heated wave of fire passed in front of Vanessa as she blinked trying to regain her composure. She was sure she would be dead then...and what bothered her the most is..

..She had half heartedly wanted it. It was better then this torcher that was her life.

But..but she couldn't die in front of HER, now could she? The woman would only blame herself.
"..Are you ok?!" A very tear stricken Candy yelled rushing up and leaping onto her. Clinging onto Vanessa for dear life. The woman was known to fly off the handle when anyone close to her, or even just someone around her, had been in a life threating situation. Even though Vanessa very well knew that, it still startled her how close they were at the moment. The sobbing woman forcivly holding her in an embrace.
"..I..I'm fine...really Sun..." Vanessa stammered out beat red gazing at the tear stricken woman's face.
"You've got to be more careful!" She sobbed. "If I hadn't been here...."

Turning her head Vanessa gazed at the smoldering corpes of what was left of the creature. Dead. But of course Vanessa knew that. The last time Candy had used that attack she blew up a part of Tokyo. She was surprised how directly and controled Candy was able to call forth it this time.

...Maybe it was because she herself had been in danger...

Of course it was the reason but not in the reason Vanessa quietly hoped.

There was no way Candy would ever love her like that. This control of the attack was due to the fact a dear friend was in danger. That was it. No reading any farther into it then was needed because Vanessa knew the woman well enough. She was very simple in some aspects. Easy to read which was a good thing and a bad thing at times. Always wore her heart on her sleeve fearlessly.

But that's what Vanessa grew to like about her. It was one of her more admerable traits. Something she wished she could do but knew couldn't.
"You can let go of me now..." Vanessa sighed deciding that if she stayed there in Candy's embrace any longer without saying anything she could possibly do something that wouldn't be approperate.

Like kissing those soft looking lips.

Quickly shaking her head trying to remove the growing blush she slowly pushed Candy away.
"I'm fine really," Vanessa said forcing a smile. "And thank you."
"Anytime!" Candy then giggled. "Are you sure you're ok?"
"I'm fine." Vanessa muttered eye twitching growing a bit angrey. Ok so the innocent and worried thing could grow a bit annoying if around it to much. "Anyway it looks like something else has decided to attack Earth for some unknown reason." Her eyes looking at the still smoldering corpes.
"I hope not!" Exclaimed Candy gasping. "Why can't they just leave Earth alone!"
"You're telling me.." Muttering absently Vanessa still was looking at the creature. This wasn't going to be good at all. She had enough to deal with then some bad guy deciding that they had had enough of being bored and attack Earth. There was a lot to think about before she wanted to deal with someone else.

Like getting over Candy.

Her eyes glancing over toward the woman who was now poking the charred monster corpes with the end of her staff she didn't know what to do. She really needed to talk with someone and there didn't seem to be anyone to talk about these kind of situation around her. Nobody would understand that would have a simpithetic ear. Haruka and Michiru might listen, but Vanessa had never really gotten along with them and like she was going to start now.

There was Setsuna as well but..well Vanessa was still getting over the break up between them two and that was in their past lives.

"..I'm going now," Vanessa said glancing toward Candy again feeling a swell of emotions that flooded her senses when she even looked at the woman.
"...Ok," Candy responded. "If anything happenes later you can call me, you know that."
"I know," Vanessa smiled lightly nodding. "Thanks again."
"Anything for you Vanessa," Candy giggled waving at her as she walked away.

....Anything?

There is something she couldn't do though, Vanessa thought.

....Was to love her back.

Damn. There was that word again. She would have to start getting worried if that word kept popping up. It was a damn nucence anyway. Always hurting her in the very end.

So her feelings were just an infatuation. Nothing more. They couldn't be anything more.

Vanessa hoped.

And Feared.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Stepping out of the black void that seeped into the room, a pale man holding a cane smirked, a pair of k-9s peaking out of his blood red lips. An ignorant smirk was plastered on his beautiful face, one that could only be obtained by years of living. Cascading silver hair flow around his face framing it elegantly.

Many had fallen in his spell and many had died during his spells but this did not concern the cocky man who stood there, his icy red eyes glaring at a small shell of a man who stood cowarding in front of him. Of course he already knew why the man was cowarding and what excuses he was trying to come up to explain why one of the creatures he had spent the time to create and control had somehow burst into flames in the dead of night.

Before the man could even mutter an apology the silver haired man picked up his staff and slammed it into the mans chest. The smaller coward screeched bloody murder as the silver that tipped the bottom of his lovely can ate away his innards.

Absently the silver haired man wondered why he even sired the creature that now dangled lifeless on his can, blood seeping from it's eyes, jaw hanging slack, tongue rolled out. Not the best way to die. But it was only the best for his underlings. There would be another to replace him tonight. Nobody was inexpendable in the silver mans eyes.

His job was as vaine as it was logical. To be the creature he was exactly had it's perks and it's problems but there was a solution to his problems. He needed the key. With the key he could obtain the power he needed to cast his problems aside and rule the Earth as he so longed to do so long ago when he was a young pup.

The reason he had waited so long to awaken was because the key was unatanable the years past but in his deep slumber he felt their birth and their growth. It was this key that he needed now to create the future he so desired and dreamed of. One where he ruled the earth and his creatures controlled everything. Where humans would just be like the cattle that they graze now.

After all, he was the genetic superior so why shouldn't he control the world?

It was only logical after all.

A mad chuckle passed his snarled lips as he cast off the corpes of his former underling off his cane and walked out the door calmly, a light tap of his cane on the marble floor as he ventured forth keeping time.

Tonight would be the first time he would feed in over a centrey.

And he was very much looking forward to it.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Yes there is an actual bad guy plot to this. Their senshi after all. I hope it was written well. I would really appreciate it if you would review this story! I need all the help I can get. This is again the first slash/shoujo-ai fic I've ever attempted to write. I'm not used to writing these but again I just think Vanessa and Candy would make such a cute pairing that I had to try!