InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Embers ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here already is the third installment of Embers!

Disclaimer: I do not own sailor moon or the sprite comic characters ying girl and solar sun. I'm just a fan who thinks they'd make a great couple! Nor do I have permission from any of the three parties in question to use their characters but I'm not making any money on this and I don't think many fans of either series will read it or even acknolage it.

Chapter 3

Emerald green waves flowed behind the woman as she almost glided down the sidewalk casting her knowing glance toward the people passing her. With just the flick of her eye she could see the thread of destiny for each person who glanced up at her, some even daring enough to stare directly into her crimson eyes. Most of the time the thread of destiny was thin and small, like a normal Earth human's thread should be. But today she was seeking out someone special and knew exactly where to find him at the moment. Destiny told her were he would be, because today...today was a special day.

It was a destined day. A day on the thread of someone's life that held a knot. It was a knot were two threads of what was woven as the fabric of time and space would meet and then seperate. Today was a destine meeting and she held one of the threads.

It was a fortold meeting that she had seen way back before the fall of the silver millenium.

You see Setsuna never had any power of her own. She was a guardian of the time gates and there for the guardian of the weave that was destiny. She saw were the threads could lead and were they ended. Though at times Setsuna happened upon a loose thread of destiny that moved and weaved were ever it chose to go. It was a rare thread indeed and most of the time the three goddesses of destiny would cut the life short ending the rebel thread before it could destroy the fabric they had spent their time weaving, the pattern that the universes fabric held.

...but a little bit of dread corsed through the senshi of time. With the ablity to see down the threads of destiny she also knew what this meeting ment. Part of her wanted to defy this meeting and run away but she also knew the fate of herself if she did run.

Being the guardian of the time gates and with the ablitly to see the threads were ever they led ment that her thread was very loose on the fabric of time. The three goddesses knew this and accepted her thread as it was due to the fact she kept the threads in line and acted as a glue to some of the stronger and thicker threads keeping them were they should be. The three goddesses would rather have one semi-rebal thread then 20+ threads destroying all.

See a threads thickness was a determining factor in how the person created their future and the future of the people around them.

So it went without saying that sailor senshi had thicker threads of destiny then any normal human did. Her thread was one of the thickest in the weave, she knew, along with Sailormoons. Even small lady's thread was a thicker strain then most of the sailor senshi around her.

..but..

The emerald haired woman knew of a few senshi who indeed had rebel threads, rebel threads and their thickness in destiny surpassed even the moon princesss' and herself's. The only reason the goddesses hadn't cut their lives short just yet was because of this destined time now. A time were they needed to play their part.

...which ment two things.

Neither the woman wanted to think about at the moment. Their threads could venture in many lines of destiny, some of them the goddesses would allow them to be their, others...

...others would mean death.

Shaking her head she opened the door to the small shop she had ventured forth seeing the shadow of the man she had been seeking out from the tinted windows. Of course she knew he'd be here.

Like she had said before this was a destined meeting the goddesses had created. She also knew why.

His head looked up from the glass counter he had been leaning on, his sea green eyes noticing her instantly.
"Hey Setsuna! What brings you all the way out here?" He asked.

A smile formed on her face as she gazed at the silver band with a dimond inset setting on the counter in front of the man who instantly blushed also realizing she had seen it.
"I was looking to buy a necklace for someone," She smiled a mysterious smile toward the man.

"Vash we need to talk..."

The knot in both their threads tightened, Setsuna could feel. There was no way to defy the goddesses, she knew.

Setsuna knew that all to well.
- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

The shattered scream of the woman still echoed through his ears as the sat in a thrown like chair in the middle of a silent pitch black room smirking lightly about his first victum in over a centrey. His gloved finger played upon his lips as he looked back with almost a sick glee at the frightning stare the woman held before she met her death.

There was no need to even attempt to hide the body like he had to do back when he was a young pup. Back when people knew that his type was very much in existance and if just a mutter that someone could be one of his creatures ment certian death of that person, weither or not they actually WHERE one of his kind. Many innocents were slayn in the name of God back in the day. That was partally one of the reasons he took his slumber. Figuring that there had to be a time in the future were his kind was just an legend of sorts he took his leave of mortal life (even though he wasn't one).

Back in the day he was a noblemen, son of a weathy land owner who had built himself a manison on the top of a grand hill overlooking a small town. Most of the pesents figured that his father was a vampire, which was the case but they all were to afraid to try and storm the mansion to even try and kill him.

Both his father and he had been turned the same night by a disgruntaled ex worker who had been turned after they had let him go. His father accused him of stealing their silver and let him go.

Well that ex work was long dead. The man had went to great lengths early in his turning to kill him in revenge. There had been rumers that if someone had been turned that if you killed the one who sired them they would turn back but that was proven not true. So after the ex workers death he embraced his immortality. The only person who had stopped him from slaughtering the town below had been his father who had taken to his new gift acting like it was a curse of sorts trying to push on him that they had been turned as a will of God because of their greed.

God had nothing to do with this now, did he?

Well that's what the man had said everytime he pounded in the skull of his father in with a silver candlestick.

Of course he had heavy gloves on at that moment. No need to risk scars that wouldn't heal with his ablilites. After all he had always been vaine in his mortal life, now he could keep his looks.

But that was in the past. Now he was looking toward the future, his beautiful future. One where everyone would worship him and if they didn't they'd be food.

A smirk came upon his perfect lips.

Before his father turned upon dust he accused him being Narsist reincarnated. Ok. So after his father parished he had taken a liking to the name. After why couldn't he love himself? He was the most beautiful thing he'd ever layed his eyes on. The wenches and whores he had used in his mortal life pailed compared to him.

So not only was he perfect, he was superior to any human on this forsaken planet. His logic stated that he should rule it because of those two factors but he wasn't going to get anywere until he got over the vampires main problem.

Sunlight.

He got rid of the sun or found a way to gain the upper hand on it.

Like a stone spoke of from the other vampires he had talken to. A stone that would give any vampire that ablity plus more.

And just his luck that he felt the stone and the keeper of the suns rays in this day in age, probably reincarnated and hopefully had no idea who they exactly they were. That would make his life a whole lot easier. Once at least one of them were located he could just kill them to gaine the powers he so desired.

His icy red eyes looked toward a mirror in the private room but found it empty. Frowning his hand began to tap on the arm of the chair angrely.

And with that stone at least he'd be able to see his beautiful reflection again! Angerly he turned his head from it, the glass cracking instantly out of spit.

Narsist would have his power.

And his reflection again.

And that was that.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

"..You've can't be serious Vanessa!" His rising voice spat out as Dante glared at her as she coward in her chair by her desk. So she hadn't figured out an excuse and she hadn't expected to see him today although the more she had avoided him she had been sure that he would come over asking for an explination, which of course he had done.
"..I'm s..sorry Dante," Her eyes gazed at the floor, mostly at his boots. "I just didn't feel up to it..."
"That Inu put you up to this, didn't he?!" Dante yelled accusingly. "What? You got bored of me and decided to go hang out with HIM?!"
"..No!" Vanessa stood up glaring at the man. "I haven't talked to Inu Yasha in a few days! Why the hell would I even THINK about doing something like that!"
"I don't know!" Dante yelled back just as forcefully. "The only other explination I can think of is that Vash did do something to you and you don't want me to find out! That's the only other thing I could think of!"
"Vash would never do something to me! He's fucking in love with Candy!" Vanessa shouted her heart breaking to pieces as she yelled the words, tears flowing from her eyes now. "..in love with Candy." Stepping back Vanessa's arm flew up as she rubbed her tears away sitting down in her chair again.
"..What does she have to do with this?" Dante blinked watching her curiously. "..We're talking about you..." Vanessa looked up at the tall silvered hair man. In an instant she wished she hadn't looked at his face. A look washed over his features that spoke louder then the words they had just exchanged...

He knew.

"...You can't be serious..." He muttered in great confusion glancing down at her again. "Tell me it isn't true!"
"What?!" She yelled at him growing defensive, her face flushing.
"Your in love with her?" He almost whispered out as if not wanting it to come out. Not wanting to believe what he had just figured out. The look of utter terror that came upon Vanessa's face told him the truth. "Your fucking in love with HER?!"
".n..No!" Vanessa then screamed trying to deny it. She wasn't in love with her after all. It was just a growing infatuation! "I'm not in love with her! She whines and complains and annoys me! Besides she's a woman!" Standing up Vanessa took a step toward the man who just stepped back shaking his head,
"..I can't believe this...YOU of all people! How..no I don't even want to know..How..how long has this been going on?!" He glared.
"Nothing's been going on!" Vanessa tried to reason. It wasn't working though. Even if that last statment was true Dante wasn't buying it.
"HOW LONG?!" He turned his back to her. Sobbing Vanessa reached out toward him.
"It isn't like that Dante! Believe me!" Leaning on his back she let the tears soak into his coat. He had to believe her! The man turned under her weight, his hands resting upon her shoulders. Slowly looking up at his face she saw it held a still angery look as he obviously was trying to read for something.
"Fine." He stated dryly. "Nothings been going on, I'll believe that...but..." Cutting off he sighed dropping his head abit. "There is something there isn't there?"
"..What do you mean?" Vanessa questioned rubbing some tears away.
"You have a sorta crush on her! Don't you?!"

Taking a deep breath Vanessa broke her stare of his face and nodded slowly.
"..so it was jealous then..." Dante then added, his hands falling from her shoulders. "..during our date."
"..Dante I never ment..." Vanessa tried to reason but the man just shook his head.
Turning he took a few steps toward the door then stopping suddenly turning his head to look at her from the corner of his eye.
"..I was growing tired of sharing you as it was Vanessa. I was going to demand you pick one of us that last date..but..."
"..But...?"
"..But until you figure out what YOU feel and what YOUR going to do about them I'm not dealing with it anymore.." With that Dante headed toward the door but Vanessa flung herself at his back again, trying to keep him there. He had to understand before leaving! It couldn't end like this!

Not like this!

"..Dante!" Sobbing she looked up at the back of his head. "Please don't go! I really do..." But something inside her stopped. Blinking, slightly in shock she let go of his backside.

She couldn't say it! What the fuck?!

Barly registering that Dante had turned around and touched her shoulders again, Vanessa just stood there blinking trying to figure out why the hell she couldn't tell Dante she loved him. The little voice in her head told her the truth that she really didn't want to hear.

She didn't love him. It was that simple.

"..I already figured that out Vanessa," His sad depressed voice muttered in her ear quietly. "Don't lie to me to try and keep me here. I've always wanted the truth from you and I always told you the truth. I do love you Vanessa...but like I said I can't do this anymore if you don't know your own feelings."
"Dante..." Vanessa turned her head looking up at him tears flowing from her eyes like rivers of sorrow.
Reaching out he placed a kiss upon her brow.
"If you figure things out soon, give me a call, even if I'm on the loosing end. No point in waiting around for someone who isn't even interested in you anymore." With that Dante, for the third time tried to leave her room but Vanessa had one more thing to say before he left entirely.
"..Please don't tell her.." She whispered quietly but loud enough for his ears to catch. "I still don't know my own feelings."

Dante turned his head to look at her from the corner of his eye again, a sad smile on his features.
"I won't." And with that he finally made his exit.

Dante figured though it was probably the last time he'd walk from her bed room like that. He knew the woman more then she knew herself. Weither Vanessa knew it and denyed it or didn't know it at all she was indeed in love with the warrier from the sun.

He never expected something like this...

Damn.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Sitting on her bed, feeling completely drained from everything that had happened Vanessa looked toward the window to see a figure sitting in the tree. It was the Inu of course. Of all the bad luck in the world...

His eyes gazed at her with a sad expression.

He had heard everything, she knew.

Walking over to the window to at least try and reason with him, he took off jumping God knows were, away from her.
"Inu Yasha!" She screamed into the night but no sound and no indication came that he had even waited around to hear her.

Shit.

Now her secret would be plastered around the entire world. The Inu usually stayed at Candy's place with their daughter too. How would he not tell her about her feelings!

Tonights was one of those nights she wished she could just end it all but she had tried that many times before and it never achieved anything besides sore wrists and her friends and family around her thinking she was crazy.

Well the past few months she felt the part at least.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Rubbing her eyes Vanessa saw the suns rays filtering through her curtians cascading upon her sheets warming her up a bit. It reminded her of Candy of course since she was the senshi of the sun. A slight smile played upon her lips thinking about the woman. Of course most of the time when Vanessa thought about her she usually held a cute pouty face asking for something unknown, something Vanessa never really thought that far ahead. It was just that that expression was just cute. Rubbing her eyes she sat up slowly, memories of the previous night started to echo in her head.

So she was now boyfriendless. Not to mention that both the men walked away KNOWING her feelings toward Candy, well knowing enough to be pissed off.

And why wouldn't any man be pissed off if they found out that the woman they had been dating for a while was at least bisexual and had feelings for someone else. Stronger feelings for that other person then the man in question.

"Is it alright to come in?" A voice she never thought she'd hear in her room broke the silence. Looking up she saw the senshi of time, guardian of the gates of time standing there was a sorrowful look upon her face, like she had been there as well last night, hearing every detail.

But that didn't shock Vanessa, after all Setsuna had powers nobody could comprehend really. Everyone knew she knew things about the future that would shock them all. Setsuna hadn't been in her bedroom since...

..well since they dated.

With that thought and visions of her past life flooding her senses a faint blush came to her cheeks as she looked down at her blanket.
"You look well." Vanessa muttered quietly.
The woman just chuckled lightly
"It's alright Vanessa, I know it's a shock."
"Your here to fufill some destined thing, arn't you?" Her mood turning, Vanessa looking up at the senshi of time. "That's why you came in here."
"Afraid so." Setsuna sighed sitting on the bed slowly, her back toward Vanessa. "The flow of destiny is strong as of late Vanessa. Be prepared something is about to happen."
"..Why don't you tell your princess?" Vanessa spat a little harsher then she had ment to. It was after all the future princess who had demanded that Setsuna not persue a relationship with her now a days. She had always had a sore spot for the little pink monster. Nothing good ever came when she was in the picture.
"..Because this conserns you my dear." Setsuna sighed smiling lightly. "I believe that what's going to happen next will overwelm my princess and her daughter, not to mention her court."
"An evil that even the great Serenity can't destroy?" Vanessa muttered sarcasticly. She had also never really liked the princess either partally because she was self obsessed and partally what had happened in their past lives during the fall of the silver millenium.

But that was another story for another time and place.

Besides the fact she didn't want to think about it at the moment. It was depressing enough to have your former lover sitting on your bed but not because she wanted to be their and not to mention...

...for the first time in her life she really didn't care. Actually she was half heartly wishing Candy would burst into her door like she normally did, all excited over something minor. Acting like her cute self.

"..Vanessa..." Setsuna started breaking her visions of the brunette. "You can think of her later, Right now I need to convay the ergancy that I'm destined to tell you. This isn't something the princess nor her court has ever come up against."

Vanessa turned bright red realizing Setsuna knew! But then again it would be more odd if Setsuna didn't know.
"Fine." She finally got out trying to stop from being so flustered. "I'll get prepared. Is that all?"
"..Yeah.." Setsuna stood up and then stopped at her bedroom door looking back at her.

"..Stop self lothing Vanessa. If you care for her that much, you can always try to make your feelings known." She said then leaving not giving Vanessa any time to try explain why it would be a bad thing to tell Candy.

Like loosing her entirely for one. Vanessa would much rather be self loathing then not have her at all in her life.

It was the best thing to do...

..right?!

Vanessa figured even though she didn't have any boyfriends at the moment to stop her Candy still had Vash (and the fact the woman had never even mentioned anything that would give any indication that she could be bisexual at least).

And she was as happy as could be with him.

This would just worry and hurt the woman.

Vanessa could never do that to her.

Even if it cost her her life.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Yes there is a plot to this besides "lets throw Vanessa and Candy together somehow".There is more stuff to come in this shoujo-ai spin off!

A few things first though. I know Vanessa at the moment in the comic has ears and a tale though I don't mention the fact that she hides them, she does, by doing her hair to cover her ears and dresses when she's out. Forgot to mention that sooner.

I would very much appreciate it if you would review! Good or bad, it'll help me grow as a writer!