InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Embers ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: You know the drill, I don't have permission what's so ever for any of this nor do I claim that I do.

Chapter 5

So here again am I writing in you journal mostly because I have nobody else to talk to about this. If I brought it up with anyone else they'd just laugh at me and think I was crazy, I'm sure. Neither Dante nor the Inu are even talking to me, haven't come around since that day either. I was sure one of them would come and at least grumble about the fact I am in love with Candy, the Inu making a few snotty remarks about my taste of woman.

But nothing ever goes the way I want, does it? Destiny hates me that much I guess.

Candy should be here today sometimes try and "win" back the Inu and Dante. Of course at the moment I really don't want them back. I want her. That's why I agreed to it. It as at first suppose to be a trial thing; If I hang around her enough maybe I'll figure out how I feel exactly.

O boy. I figured that out pretty easily actually.

I'm in love with her.

How the hell I am, I still don't know.

But like I said before destiny really hates me. I don't know what I ever did to them but they always throw things in my way so I could never truely be happy.

It's like they want me to die or something and some days I'm willing to give them what they're so striving for.

But somehow the thought of her maybe finding my dead body, or blaming herself for what I did to myself won't let me cut deep enough to finish the job.

I am looking forward to her coming over today, and helping me get all dressed up. Maybe...

Maybe I'll get the courage enough to tell her.

But that would destroy her. My luck that the one person who I'm head over heals for is totally clueless when it comes to these things. That and I can so see her being destroyed by the news.

Ever since the day Candy had met Vash she had been head over heals for the man and he truely seems to return those feelings.

That's why I know destiny hates me.

One of these days I'll be able to end this all without making Candy worry. Till then this is my life, my horror, my tragity.

Vanessa

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Closing the journal and sliding it were she kept it hidden in her journal, Vanessa sat back looking at the picture of her friends and herself again, her eyes settling on Candy who was behind her daughter giving her bunny ears making a silly face as Tala seemed to be giggling at her "aunt Candy".

That's when she heard a knock at her bedroom door. It startled her a moment since she hadn't heard the normal footsteps leading up to it.
"..Come in!" Vanessa stated turning her chair and seeing Candy, with Tala, walk in the room. Candy hadn't said anything about bringing Tala over to see her. The little dog demon held a hat and long dress on to hid her obvious qualities from passerbyers.
"Hey Tala!" Vanessa smiled.

She was another complication to this whole mess. The Inu kept her with him most of the time since he had an easier ablitly to keep out of sight.
"Tala could you go get the bag out of the car?" Candy said as Tala quickly nodded and took off. That's when Candy's face turned somber as she faced Vanessa fully. "Inu Yasha won't even speak to me anymore. Today as I was pulling out of my house he told me to bring Tala and leave her with you. That fight must have really been bad." Worried was written all over Candy as she stood there. "I brought all of Tala's stuff for you though just in case. He really seemed serious about it. What happened?"
"..I don't want to talk about it," Vanessa turned trying to hide a light blush on her cheeks. "Though I might not be able to get back with Inu Yasha I'm afraid."
"Well then you could devote yourself to Dante fully. He loves Tala just the same anyway." Candy clapped. "It'll probably be easier too anyway!"

But Vanessa didn't want Dante anymore. She would have to figure out an excuse later to try and keep herself away from Dante. He might just try and tell Candy her horrible secret just to spite her.

"Ok! I'm back!" Tala giggled holding the bag in front of her and setting on the ground. "Vanessa-mama? Is it true that I'm staying with you for a while?"

Vanessa sighed nodding slowly.
"Yes, there's an extra bedroom just for you!"
"Yay!" Tala giggled running around the room in circles.

Candy and Vanessa both giggled.
"Now," Candy started. "Let's get your mother all prettied up!"
"Can I help?" Tala asked.
"Sure Tala! I need your help!" Candy said.

Somehow Candy always seemed to get along just great with her daughter. Vanessa always seemed to have a slight problem connecting with her. It was partally cuz she never gave birth to her. Partally because Vanessa never expected to be a mother, ever. Why would she want to bring a child in such a world? When the other senshi of this world didn't accept her, and at times had tried to kill her. Vanessa didn't want to worry about them trying to hurt her children.

"..should I get changed now?" Vanessa then asked pointing toward the bag from the night before. Candy nodded as she was digging in a bag for make-up probably.

Closing the bathroom door she slipped out of her normal clothes and put on the dress, admiring it in the mirror. Candy did know how to pick them. It looked perfect on her.

Blushing a thought of both of them walking down some random street again passed through her mind. This time Candy was wearing the dress that she had picked out last night and Tala was between them skipping and wanting to be swong. Then they'd stop in front of her home and Vanessa would lean in and their lips would touch ever so gently..

There was a knock on the door startling Vanessa as she grabbed her chest trying to calm herself.
"You done yet Vanessa?" Candy's cheerful voice hummed in.
"Almost!" Vanessa almost screamed as she stilled her beating heart.

That woman always picked the worst times to scare her!

Walking out Candy stood there with Tala clapping lighty, in one hand was a curler, the other a brush. Sitting down in her desk chair, Candy began to work.

An hour or so later Vanessa had her hair, make-up, and even nails done to match the dress she had bought with Candy. Tala had even had some of her red hair curled and put in pig tails as she giggled happily next to her.
"Vanessa-mama! Can I try on lip stick like you have?" She blinked trying to touch Vanessa's lips who just laughed.
"Maybe if aunty Candy will put it on for you," Vanessa said with a smile,

Nodding Tala began to pout her lips out closing her eyes as if she was about to be kissed more so then have lipstick applied. Candy just giggled then quickly with two swips of the tub had Tala's lips lightly covered in a almost brown red.
"...Now it's aunty Candy's turn!" Tala exclaimed. "Aunty Candy needs to get all prettied up like us mama!"
"..I think so too," Vanessa nodded looking toward Candy who was laughing nervously.
"If we do that you'll miss trying to meet up with Dante at that restaurant the always goes to at this time of day," Candy said.
"I can always catch him later tonight," Vanessa added hoping that Candy would accept that and let her doll her up a bit. The reasoning was simple, partally because Vanessa didn't want to see Dante so it was a time buyer, and partally because she wanted to see Candy dolled up like she was about to head out for a serious date. She had never seen her like that.
"Ok," Candy sighed waving her hand telling Vanessa to remove herself from the chair and let her sit down. Quickly Vanessa did so and took the brush from the table and the curling iron in her hands.

This was going to be fun.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

It was his luck and high intellegance that helped him find the sun child so early. Now of course he knew who she was, were she lived, and were she hung out by reading her mind. Sure it took a little longer then normal, because just being near her his powers dimmed a bit, but it was just killing her and he would have one half of his conquest finished.

The worthless servent he has sired a few nights ago had been ordered to send an attack on her, killing her. If he could do that successfully Narsist figured he'd be better then his last assistant. If not, well he'd die, and Narsist would have to sire another worthless assistant to do his bidding while he was busy.

There would be no way he could touch her of course, if the legends were true that the older vampires wrote. Touching her would be like walking out in the daylight. So a non vampire creature would have to do that job so Narsist didn't have to risk his beautiful face and complextion to try and despose of her.

The other person he needed was the keeper of the crystal he so desired. They would be a bit easier to kill if he could just find them. Hell, he would have to take care of them, if he was going to gain control of the crystal.

But the sun child?

Well he'd leave that to someone else, it would be a hell of a lot easier job for them, then himself.

With her gone the sun's rays would weaken, and even for a time the sun won't even be able to shine upon the Earth, giving him enough time to take it over. Of course snow would fall but Narsist always liked the stuff, figured it complimanted his flawless white beauty. His cold outlook on life.

It was perfect, like himself.

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

"Just one more second Candy," Vanessa said finishing off trying to put lipstick on her perfectly. Not a hair out of place, none of the make-up smugged. She looked radiant, a light blush to her cheeks as Vanessa backed awaly slowly looking at her handywork.

Yes, there was indeed an angel sitting before her.
"You didn't have to spend that much time on me!" Candy exclaimed getting up and quickly rushing toward the door. "If were gonna catch Dante at all, we've got to leave now!" She reached over pulling Vanessa through the doorway. "Tala, please stay put for a little bit, your mom and I will be back shortly."
"Ok!" Tala yelled behind them shutting her door behind her.

Candy literally dug Vanessa down the stairs, grabbing her coat and shoes and tossing them to her.
"..Candy," Vanessa said looking at the shoes now in her hands. "I don't feel like going today."
"..What?!" Candy turned around. "But I thought you loved Dante! Won't you want him back?"

There was more to it then that, Vanessa sighed.

"I figured I could take a break from dating either one of them for a time, maybe make up my mind as to who I really want to pick. Then I won't be so unfair to them." Vanessa lied but it was a lie with some truth to it. She had been worring before all this about who she was going to pick. After all, weither she was dog demon or not, she needed to pick someone to spend the rest of her life with.

Although that someone she wanted stood in front of her with a very puzzling look on her cute little face.

"..I guess that makes sense..." Candy sighed. "..But we've spent all day getting you beautiful! I'd hate to see it wasted!"
"It wasn't waisted," Vanessa smiled lightly. "We had fun, didn't we?"
"I guess so!" Ahh, she was smiling again. Her innocent naive smile. The one Vanessa found herself adoring more and more everytime she saw it.
"So how about this, we can still go out and hang out at a club or something, show the men what their missing and come back later." Vanessa then added. She was really getting daring with these suggestions now, wasn't she? This would be like a secret date of sorts.
"That sounds fun!" Candy nodded. "Ok!"

But as both of them shut Vanessa's door, and locked it. Something came up from behind and attacked them.

Vanessa had felt the evil energy almost instantly but couldn't get around fast enough. There was a bunch of ghouls standing there, the street almost empty.

Shit she had been right about that vampire. And it was a strong one to if it could make ghouls that could withstand the fading rays of the sunlight! Quickly she pulled out her brooch and rose it up.
"PHOENIX CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE UP!" Yelling she felt the familar waves of flame surround her creating her fuku and she stood there almost instantly as Yinggirl.
"SUN CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE UP!" Candy yelled beside her as light filtered in and a flash Candy was in her fuku.
"Lets dance," Vanessa hissed at the creatures jumping up quickly and sending a flame arrow out, engulping a few ghouls she landed on the other side noticing something odd.

None of the ghouls were even facing her yet. Hell all of them were still walking forward..

..toward Candy!

Shit!

They were after Candy for some reason!

"SUN BURN!" She heard her love yell as flame danced through the group of ghouls eliminating a few of them, but there was still more standing there, walking forward.

There was no way Vanessa was going to let the ghouls or their master get Candy for what ever reason! Taking a deep breath and gathering her energy she started to charge in the mass of ghouls.
"...PHOENIX STAR SHOT!" She screamed letting the flames jump off her hands, destroying all they touched as she continued to run though toward Candy. As she broke through the clearing Candy stood there, wacking her staff toward some of the creatures, trying to keep them away.
"What are they?!" She cried. "They stink really bad!"
"Their ghouls," Vanessa replied. "Sent by a vampire."
"VAMPIRE?!"
Nodding Vanessa counjored up another flame arrow and shot it into the crowd, then jumping away out of reach from one of the ghouls who was drawing closer.
"..Fine!" Candy said frowning. She threw her hand out in front of her, which held the staff and the end of the staff began to glow. "LIGHT OF HOPE!" A blinding flash of light inveloped Vanessa's senses as she tried to cover her face from the pure light Candy's staff was immiting.

The light faded a few seconds later and Vanessa could see only a few of the farther back ghouls were left. With a few quick flips of her wrists flame arrows hit them directly and all the ghouls had been turned into ash.

Wiping her brow Vanessa turned to congradulate her love on the quick thinking but saw her leaning heavly on her staff.
"..Sun?" Vanessa walked forward.
"..I'm just a little weak...never really used that attack before.." Candy muttered but began to waver falling back.

Luckly Vanessa quickly ran and caught her before she hit her steps.

"..sorry..I guess we won't be heading to the club you wanted to go to tonight..." Candy muttered and then passed out. Her transformation faded leaving a still dolled up Candy passed out in Vanessa's arms.

Smiling lightly at the now sleeping Candy in her arms she chuckled a little bit. It would be Candy to appolize to her for breaking their plans before passing out. Shaking her head she picked the girl up and walked back into her house, shutting the door and heading toward the extra bed room that Tala was going to sleep in tonight. Laying her down, Vanessa detransformed and sat on the bed next to her.

It almost seemed like a moment from a fairy tale then. Sleeping Beauty. And Vanessa viewed herself sorta like the prince, coming to her princess's rescue.

But this was no fairy tale.

Reaching over Vanessa took Candy's hand and squeezed it lightly. Then in a moment of courage (since the woman would probably be out for at least a few hours) stood up and leaned over the one she loved, kissing her for the first time upon her lips.

It was heaven.

Tears landed lightly on her angel's cheeks as she pulled away. It took a taste of heaven to show her that her life really was a hell. Rubbing the tears away Vanessa walked quietly out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

But if Vanessa had stood there just for a moment longer, she would have seen Candy turn over, tears creeping over her shut eyes as well..and heard one quiet name on the woman's lips..

"..Vanessa.."

- - - - - - - ----8@ - - - -

Yes a first kiss, though Candy doesn't even know.

I also got the attacks from the series and bio pages on the sites. There is no discription of the light attack Candy does use.

Ahh will Vanessa ever have someone that loves her? I do hope so.