InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Youkai dano Tsuki no Usagi ❯ Ikijigoku ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inu Youkai dano Tsuki no Usagi

The Dog Demon and The Rabbit of the Moon

Chapter 4b

Ikijigoku

(Hell on Earth)

Over the next few days Miroku wrote a scroll to Kagome's family explaining what had happened. Everyone tried to bring InuYasha out of his depression, however, they all failed. Miroku tried to go through the well but could not. They also found out from Kogua that Naraku had completed the Shikon no Tama.

Kogua had come to the village looking half dead, he told them that Naraku had gotten the shards from him, and then taken the shard from Kohaku. The boy died quickly after that. Naraku put the shards together with the main jewel, which he had taken from Kagome when he killed her. The jewel complete he left laughing like some demented hyena. However not even that news broke InuYasha out of his depression.

When Miroku came back from trying to go through the well he walked to where InuYasha lay, dragged him to his feet and punched him… HARD. That got the hanyou's attention.

"What was that for, monk?!?!?" InuYahsa yelled.

"You have been moping since that day! Kagome gave you a mission… COMPLETE it!! I also have a mission for you, since it takes you to the same place. Give this," held out the missive to InuYasha, "to Kagome's family."

"Mission? What mission did she give me?" InuYasha did not take the scroll from Miroku."

"The mission was to go to her time and find the Tsuki no Usagi." Sango said from the other side of the room.

InuYasha showed surprise at that. "Then I didn't dream that?"

"NO! Now go, you at least have to tell her family what happened."

"I can't… if I try I… I'll go back to that place I was before you punched me."

"That's what this…" Miroku held up the scroll, "is for. It details everything from the moment she first came to the time of her death. I spoke to Kaede, Shippou, the boy Jinenji, and one other to find out what happened."

"Who else did you speak to?" InuYasha had not noticed Sesshomaru behind him.

The older inu youkai stepped up so that he was directly behind his brother and reached out but did not touch him. "That would be me, ototokun."

InuYasha whirled around with a growl and Sesshomaru jabbed a sleep shiatsu, InuYasha fell to the floor unconscious. Sesshomaru picked his brother up off the floor and started out of the hut.

"Monk, where is this well? I believe that we should send InuYasha through and seal it for a few weeks. I do want to know why you are trusting me though."

"At first, we were too drained and depressed to care. By the time we were able to care again we realized that you could have killed us had you wanted to and you did not. Maybe, we were also inspired by Kikyou's sacrifice."

"Yes, I see." They continued on to the well. The demon lord walked up to it and looked inside. "Where is the scroll?"

Miroku handed to parchment to Sesshomaru. The demon lord tucked the missive into InuYasha's yukata. Then he carefully dropped his brother into the well, and watched him disappear into the stream of time. Miroku stepped up to the well and looked in.

"I think we need Kaede to seal the well…."

"I have come," Kaede stepped out of the underbrush, "stand back." She pointed her bow at the well and shot an arrow just inside the well. "It is sealed; let us return to the village." She turned around and vanished in to the forest, the monk and demon followed.