InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Youkai dano Tsuki no Usagi ❯ Naraku ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inu Youkai dano Tsuki no Usagi

The Dog Demon and The Rabbit of the Moon

Chapter 4a

Naraku

(Hell)

InuYasha kumi were traveling back to Kaede's Village for a little R&R after a particularly difficult Shikon no Kakara, besides Kagome had to touch base at home catch up on her home work and go to a few days of school. It was a beautiful day, the sky was clear, and Shippou and Kirara were playing traveling ahead of the group.

However, as they got closer to the village the lightness of the day vanished. The sky was still clear but a darkness permeated the air. Shippou and Kirara stopped playing and returned to the group.

"Why did it suddenly get so cold?" Kagome asked shivering.

"It's not cold… but…." Miroku started.

He was interrupted by the poison wasps appearing in the air.

"Naraku!!" Yelled InuYasha, "show yourself."

An evil laugh later… "Well, well, well you think that you can relax, even as I hunt you down?" Naraku appeared in a tree. "You should think about how you will survive."

Kagome knocked an arrow and aimed at Naraku. "Maybe I'll kill you and then we will survive just fine?"

"Ku, ku, ku, no." Naraku pointed at them and hundreds of youkai as well as Kohaku attacked.

The battle was joined, everyone fought to the best of their ability, those who were better fighters, doing everything they could to cover for the less skilled. After about ten minutes of this, InuYasha heard a scream, the Shikon no Musha gasped when they saw Kikyou in front of Kagome with Kohaku's weapon sticking out of her chest. Kagome had other problems though; Naraku had her by the throat. Kohaku pulled his weapon out of Kikyou and her body lost its souls and returned to the bones and grave soil that it was made from. Naraku, however, had other plans for Kagome. He took his katana and held it in attack position.

"Well that is one annoying Miko out of the way. Too bad she wouldn't join forces with me. I could have given her a new, living, body… this one…."he shook Kagome. "But, now she is no more."

Kagome's eyes started glowing with her power.

"No, you will not get a chance." Naraku's sword started to descend. InuYasha started out of his shock and attacked Naraku; however, he was not fast enough, the sword pierced Kagome's heart and then Naraku vanished leaving behind his sword, still piercing Kagome's heart. The hanyou landed next to her.

"Kagome!!!" He picked her up and she opened her eyes.

"InuYahsa," she shushed him when he started to say something, "...don't; I'm already dead. I'm able to talk to you because of some strange power. I have a message for you, you have to go to my time and find the Tsuki no Usagi. I feel that we are part of the same soul. This power that is helping me also made it possible for us to exist at the same time."

"We can get the Tensaiga and bring you back." InuYasha stated.

"No, Naraku made sure that that would not happen. As soon as my spirit leaves you must get away from me. Good bye." Her eyes closed and the sword started glowing with an intense heat.

InuYasha had to put her body down and jump away. Due to the intense heat of the sword, burning even through his fire rat fur kimono, Kagome's body never stood a chance, not even slag from the sword remained when it was over.

"Kagome…." InuYasha whispered as he crouched staring at the spot where she had lain. The others were in nearly as much shock.

Hours later Sesshomaru came upon the scene, he looked at them then looked to where they were staring. "Hmmmm, so the girl was killed by Naraku." He turned around. "Jaken go to the village and get the old miko Kaede, Leave Rin here."

"Yes, m'lord." Jaken ran off to carry out his orders.

Sesshomaru walked over to his younger brother and knelt down; he touched the young hanyou's shoulder. InuYasha then collapsed shaking in to a heap on the ground. Sesshomaru sat next to his brother until Kaede, Jaken, and some villagers came.

"What happened here?" Kaede asked, she picked up Shippou, who started crying… bawling rather.

"I believe that the one they were hunting turned around and hunted them." Sesshomaru replied, standing up. "That spunky human with miko powers is dead."

"Kagome…." Kaede started.

"Kikyou is dead; again, she shielded Kagome from Kohaku. However, Naraku attacked from the other direction getting Kagome." Miroku was holding Sango, the tableau was broken when Kaede asked her question and Shippou started crying. Sango herself was crying; tears were streaming down Miroku's face. He and Sango went back to comforting each other.

Sesshomaru stood up, lifting InuYasha, who had slipped into unconsciousness after Miroku spoke. "I think we should go to your village, Kaede sama."

"Agreed."