InuYasha Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Reincarnation of Naraku ❯ Chapter 14 I live to die another day ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14

I live to die another day

 

 

 

 

 

Naraku stood in the middle of the circle all of the Sailor Senshi who had surrounded him. Rei had asked if he was Naraku. Naraku laughed then he replied "I am he. Why do you want to know? Do you want my autograph?" Naraku started to laugh again.

 

"Then you are Naraku!" Haruka shouted as she ran at the half demon with one of her fists raised. Before she could land a punch on Naraku she was sent flying into a pile of boxes because of a barrier Naraku created around himself.

 

Naraku laughed and said "Your pitiful attempts to harm me will never work. I am much more powerful than you think."

 

"Naraku I want to know one thing. Why are you after the Scarred cup? I know you are not with the Death Busters so I doubt your goal is the same as theirs." Setsuna demanded.

 

Naraku chucked with an evil and a mocking laugh and replied "A fair question. Do you wish to know? Alright I'll tell you. Before I encountered you and the other Sailor Senshi; I was looking for ways to increase my power. When I first became a demon I didn't understand my powers at first, but once I had learned what I was capable of. I dedicated my life to make myself all powerful. When I learned about sliver crystal and the cup I decided to claim both for myself. With the help of my incarnations; demons born from my own flesh, I believe you have already met them. Akuma, Tsunami, Tentai and Arael are my children you could say." Naraku answered with a twisted smile.

 

"How is that possible?" Ami asked under her breath, she found it hard to believe that a man could give birth to children.

 

"How is it possible you ask? Some time ago I was a human like the rest of you, but I had suffered an unfortunate accident. I was left to die in the middle of nowhere. During my final moments I had nothing but anger and malice in my heart. It was those emotions that called the demons. As I lay immobile the demons wanted the anger and the malice they felt in my heart so they started biting into my flesh…eating me alive very slowly." Naraku was saying as he recalled the time when the demons merged with him.

 

"However that wasn't the end for me. Within my body I heard a voice telling me that I could take the demons and use them to make a new body for myself. Hesitant at first I grabbed the closest demon and somehow I forced the demons to merge with my body. When the unholy fusion was completed I had absorbed countless demons and that merger led to creation of my new body. Because of that it has allowed me to stand before all of you. Now my detachments are born from me when I separated a part of my body. This is only possible because my body is made up of hundreds of demons merged with me. I separate one demon and I can decide how that demon will be. I chose what powers my detachments have." Naraku informed the others.

 

"That is a very disturbing ability." Minako said.

 

"True enough, but that ability among others has proven useful to me." Naraku said as he raised one of his sleeves up to look at a watch he had on his wrist. "Oh look at the time I have more important matters to tend to. It has been nice meeting you all, but I have to go. I am finished what I am came here to do." Naraku said as he turned to leave.

 

"Oh no...You're not going anywhere!" Sailor Uranus shouted as she ran towards Naraku. "World Shaking!" Haruka said as she blasted Naraku with her attack. Naraku's baboon cloak was ripped apart, but to everyone's surprise there was no sign of Naraku. There was nothing there but a torn up baboon cloak lying on the ground.

 

"What happened to him? There is no way my attack could have disintegrated him. That would have been too easy." Haruka said as she shifted through the remains of the baboon cloak. Suddenly the sound of cold mocking laughter was heard in the room. Everyone was looking around for Naraku, but they saw no sign of him anywhere.

 

"I can not be harmed so easily. I have more tricks up my sleeves that you can count. I shall always live to die another day. Be rest assured Sailor Senshi...we will see each other again soon." Naraku said as he disappeared from the area.

 

"Man that Naraku is one creepy guy." Usagi said as she felt a cold shiver go down her spine.

 

"We at least know who he is now, and why he wants the cup." Michiru said.

 

"I know, but I want to know where he hides out at?" Haruka said as she kicked away some of the baboon cloak's remains with her foot. While at the same time Rei handed Minako Akira's heart crystal and she returned it to him.

 

Some time later at the Death Buster's headquarters; Professor Tomoe was working on a project when a Saimyoushou appeared behind him carrying something…It was a video tape. Professor Tomoe turned around and he almost had a heart attack when he saw the demon wasp. He noticed the item the wasp was carrying. He raised one hand towards the object trying to grab it. He quickly snatched the video from the wasp, and the wasp flew away into a ventilation duck. He looked at the video and he read its title "To Professor Tomoe. The Death of Mimeto volume one."

 

The professor put in the video and he watched the contents of it. It showed Mimeto being dropped into the vat of Miasma after the poison wasps killed the Daimon. After they herded Mimeto over the trap door, and where she fell to her doom. The video ended and the professor wasn't happy that whoever was controlling the Saimyoushou had killed another of the witches who had worked for him.

 

"Curse the one who was behind Mimeto and Eudial's deaths." Tomoe thought he pulled out a rose and he put it into the Daimon over to make another Daimon.

 

"Tellu come here!" The professor commanded.

 

"Yes professor?" Tellu said as she entered the professor's lab.

 

"Tellu…Mimeto is dead. It looks like you will be taking her place sooner than I thought." The professor answered.

 

"Poor thing…how did she die? Was it the Sailor Senshi?" Tellu asked as a gleam of curiosity was seen in her eye.

 

"She was killed by our third competitor when she was dropped into what appeared to be a large vat of acid." Tomoe replied.

 

"Ouch…what a way to go." Tellu said as she started laughing to herself in her own mind.

 

"Take this new Daimon I made and go find me a botanist to take a pure heart from." The professor commanded.

 

"Alright. I heard that a botanist at the botanical garden will be there the day after tomorrow. He will make the ideal target." Tellu said as the professor only smiled as Tellu left the room carry the Daimon out in a box. Professor was left alone with his thought as he began to think about something.

 

"He may try to kill the next witch I send out to collect Heart crystals, so it is time that I make a Daimon much stronger than the past ones." The professor thought as he pulled out the Saimyoushou that was captured when Eudial was killed. He opened the Daimon making oven and he put the wasp inside of it. The professor left to go and find other things he could add to make the Daimon more powerful so he left his lab. He didn't notice that Tentai and Arael were hiding in a dark corner of the lab.

 

"I have finished reading his mind. Let's go." Arael said as he and Tentai disappeared into the shadows.

 

Meanwhile back in the Feudal Era Totousai was sitting inside of his work shop when someone appeared at his door step. Totousai turned to see who his visitor was and he was shocked to see Sesshomaru visiting him.

 

"What are you doing here?" Totousai demanded.

 

"I came to ask you a question Totousai. I have recently encountered a young man with a sword pulsing with power that surpasses my sword Toukijin and Tetsusaiga. Did you make such a sword?" Sesshomaru asked with an emotionless expression on his face.

 

"Why would I make a sword like that for?" Totousai asked in protest.

 

"You are the only sword craftsman who I know of who could have made a sword like that." Sesshomaru replied with a serious glare.

 

"Well there is only one other craftsman who might have made that sword. My rival Seiko Suru. She lives high up at the top of a mountain." Totousai said.

 

"Seiko Suru…I haven't heard of her." Sesshomaru said with a vague expression on his face.

 

"That is because your father and I made sure you wouldn't. You can probably guess why. We didn't want you going to her to ask her to make a sword better than Tetsusaiga." Totousai replied.

 

"Why don't we pay this Seiko Suru a visit and ask her if she made a sword for Naraku's reincarnation?" Sesshomaru suggested.

 

"That's a good idea. I know where her workshop is, so I can lead you to it." Totousai said as he picked up his hammer and he walked outside to get his bull. Sesshomaru followed him.

 

While Sesshomaru was walking out of the workshop a thought crossed his mind "That boy who said he was Naraku's incarnation. There was something strange about him, but what is it?"

 

The next day in the modern era Ami was waiting at the chess tower for Hitomi as they planned. Ami was dressed in a yellow collar-less jacket and a light blue turtle neck shirt/skirt. It was 3:30 pm and Ami was looking around for him. Then Ami saw Hitomi walking up to her. He was wearing a blue collar shit with a purple tie and he wore black dress paints. "Sorry I am late Ami." Hitomi greeted.

 

"That is alright." Ami said as she raised her wrist to look at her watch to see what time it was. "Actually...you are right on time Hitomi." Ami said as the two proceeded inside.

 

Inside the chess tower owner arranged for them to have a table so they could play a game of chess. The game started off nicely for both of them, but it eventually came down to Ami beating Hitomi. Hitomi came pretty close to beating Ami, but Ami triumphed in the end. "Your chess skills are still sharp as ever." Hitomi complemented as he helped Ami put the chess pieces back the way they were originally before they started the game.

 

"Thank you, but you did ok too. You are still quite the competitor I remember." Ami said as she finished setting her pieces back up.

 

"I guess that is true too." Hitomi said as he took a black pawn and he made his first move right after Ami made hers.

 

Ami and Hitomi played another fierce game against one another for a while until Ami defeated Hitomi just before Hitomi could claim Ami's king. The two started putting the pieces back to their original positions. "It seems that you are unbeatable in this game Ami." Hitomi said with a smile as he set his pieces back up for another game.

 

"I am not unbeatable Hitomi. You're just saying that because you never defeated me in chess." Ami said as she took a white pawn and she made the first move.

 

"It's like that saying…what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Hitomi said as she moved one of his knights.

 

The two fought another vicious battle of chess. However the chess game had the same result as the last two games. Ami won again, but it was really close like the game. Hitomi had come too close to beating Ami. The two had enough of playing so they started putting away the pieces. While they were doing so Ami decided to ask Hitomi an unusual question.

 

"Hitomi I was wondering? Have you ever gone out on a date with someone?"

 

Hitomi's eyes went wide as he looked at Ami with a concerned look on his face. "Are you feeling alright?" Hitomi asked because he was sure that the question Ami had just asked him was one that she would never ask.

 

"I am sorry. I was just curious that's all." Ami replied while her face had some red on it as a sign of embarrassment.

 

"Oh I see. Well no really. I never went out with anyone." Hitomi replied.

 

"I am sorry to hear about that." Ami said as the two put away all of the chess pieces and they left the chess tower. While the two were walking together they saw Hotaru and Chibi-usa talking with one another, but suddenly Hotaru faints.

 

"Chibi-usa! What's wrong?" Ami asks as she runs up to the small child with Hotaru lying only a few inches away from her. Hitomi catches up with Ami as he looks down at the unconscious girl.

 

"Ami!" Chibi-usa said as she noticed Ami and Hitomi.

 

"Don't worry, Chibi-usa." Ami said as she knelt down by Hotaru to take a look at her.

 

"The hospital where my mother works is close by, let's carry her." Ami said as she tired to pick Ami up, but Hitomi stepped in and he placed Hotaru over his back to carry her.

 

"Here...I'll help you two out. Just lead the way to the hospital." Hitomi asked as he tried to keep himself from dropping Hotaru.

 

Later at the hospital Ami walks back into the room where Hotaru is still laying unconsciousness. "My mother with be with your friend shortly." Ami says as she sits down near Hotaru while Hitomi is standing near by. "Thank you Hitomi for helping us bring Hotaru here." Ami thanked.

 

"Hitomi…Ami is this guy a friend of yours?" Chibi-usa asked as she eyed Hitomi with a suspicious glare.

 

"Yes he is. We have been friends since we were eight years old." Ami replied.

 

"Really." Chibi-usa said as she eyed Ami with a very suspicious glare.

 

Suddenly Hotaru was wakening up, Chibi-usa sat by Hotaru. "Chibi-usa" Hotaru said.

 

"No, don't get up yet, Hotaru." Chibi-usa told Hotaru as she tried to get up.

 

"I'm okay." Hotaru said as she sat up in the bed.

 

"There's no pain? Can you breathe alright? I'm glad! I'm glad!" Chibi-usa said as a tear fell from her eye while she hugged her friend.

 

"Chibi-usa." Hotaru said as she put her arms around her friend.

 

"Do you feel better now?" Ami asked while Hitomi stood near by her. Hotaru nodded her head in replied. "It's better if you lie down for a while." Ami suggested.

 

"I'm okay. I often get seizures." Hotaru replied quietly.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Chibi-usa said as she releases Hotaru from her bear hug.

 

"I'm very sorry about the trouble I caused." Hotaru says as she starts to get up and she proceeds to leave.

 

"My mother is a doctor, she'll be here soon." Ami said as Hotaru opened the door to leave.

 

"I'm sorry, I was told specifically not to see any doctors. I'm leaving. See you, Chibi-usa. Thank you!" Hotaru said as she walked out the door.

 

"I'll send you off." Chibi-usa says as she follows Hotaru out.

 

"Thank you very much." Hotaru replied with a kind smile.

 

After Hotaru and Chibi-usa left Hitomi turned to Ami and suggested to his friend "Maybe we should follow them and make sure Hotaru gets home okay."

 

"That's a good idea. But I better let my mother know that Hotaru left." Ami said as she started to leave so she could find her mother.

 

"I'll wait for you by the elevator." Hitomi said as he walked down the hall towards the elevator.

 

"Ok." Ami said as she walked off to find her mother. While Hitomi went to go wait by the elevators. Later the two went down to look for Hotaru and Chibi-usa, but they already saw them riding away with Haruka in her car.

 

"I guess one of Chibi-usa's friends decided to give them a ride." Hitomi said to Ami as they watched the car drive off.

 

"Well at least those two will make it home okay for sure." Ami said as she and Hitomi started to walk down the street together. Some time later the two stopped in front of Ami's apartment. Ami walked with Hitomi up to the front door. "Thank you for walking me home again Hitomi." Ami thanked as she opened the door for herself.

 

"It was no problem at all." Hitomi replied with a smile.

 

"Hitomi what are you doing tomorrow?" Ami asked as she opened the door.

 

"Well I was planning to visit the botanical garden tomorrow, but if you want I could come by and pick you up and we could go together if you want." Hitomi offered.

 

"Sounds nice, sure I will be more than happy to come. When are you coming?" Ami asked Hitomi with a smile.

 

"I will be going there around noon. I can come at twelve thirty if you want." Hitomi said as Ami nodded her head as her reply. "Great then I will see you then. Good bye Ami." Hitomi said as he walked away.

 

"Bye Hitomi!" Ami shouted as Hitomi walked by a building while he was waving at Ami. However the two didn't notice that Artemis was following them.

 

"There is something funny about that Hitomi." Artemis thought, but he didn't notice that Arael was hiding inside a near-by alleyway looking at the cat.