InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The Duel Champion's Daughter ❯ Her Father's Announcement ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Inuyasha or YuGiOh GX

AN: There is a difference in the time skip between the two series of Yu-Gi-Oh, so instead of it being only ten years it is going to be twenty and it is an AU from the Inuyasha series

Summary: Seto Kaiba's eldest child, Kagome Akemi Higurashi Kaiba, is being sent to attend Duel Academy to take up her father's title of Duel Monsters Champion, but will she be able to take the title while also looking for a husband to be?

Ages:

Atticus, Zane and Chumley = 17

Kagome=16

Alexis, Chazz, Jaden, Syrus = 15

Souta = 12

"Speech"

'Thoughts'


Kagome sighed for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day as she patiently sat in a comfy black leather seat in her father's company office and tried not to fidget with her clothes. Her clothing consisted of dark cobalt blue baby doll top styled dress with a silver and white ribbon tied into a bow at the center edge of her dress' neckline and tiny periwinkle and silver colored butterflies embroidered into the bottom of the skirt that were fluttering around the edges in valley shaped design and a pair of matching peep-toe one inch heels adorned her dainty feet. In front of her was a black mahogany desk and sitting behind it was her father Seto Kaiba, and standing next to him was her Uncle Mokuba. Both she and her younger brother, Souta, have never been all that close to their father and uncle, seeing as the two were constantly gone on either business trips or duel monster tournaments in another city or country. Because their father and uncle were never around it caused their mother to move them out of the Kaiba mansion at an early age and move to the family shrine in Tokyo managed by their maternal grandfather.

Their father had never really ever paid attention to them until five years ago when both Souta and Kagome had started to show an interests in their father's favorite card game and in other activities. It was only then that the two siblings were able to start seeing their father more on a regular basis. Before that the only times that the siblings had talked to or even saw their father was either on television, at holiday dinners, birthdays, or on the telephone. They finally caught and kept their father's and uncle's attention when both children had won their first tournament in duel monsters, and competitions in gymnastics and martial arts. However it was Kagome who had the complete attention of their father after her first win a duel monsters tournament and Souta who had the attention of their Uncle Mokuba. It was those winnings that caused Seto and Mokuba to visit more often, so the two may see how the kids did in the competitions.

Now five years later Kagome was known as the Ace Princess in the the Tokyo region of where she lived. She was also known as Ace Princess because she used the alias of Ace in tournaments and competitions and also most of her duels against other players usual ended within ten turns of the game.

However today as she sat in front of her father she was not Ace Princess nor was she Kagome Higurashi, as she was known as to the rest of the world. Right now she was Kagome Akemi Higurashi-Kaiba, eldest child and only daughter of Seto Kaiba. Still sitting in the seat in front of her father's desk, Kagome waited anxiously for her father and uncle to tell the important news that had pulled her out of her gymnastics practice while she fidgeted with her skirt of her dress.

" Kagome," started Seto as he watched his daughter with a calculating eye. "Your mother and I have decided, that now that you are sixteen and can be responsible enough for yourself, your are to attend to the family school Duel Academy..."

Before he was able to finish speaking he was interrupted because Kagome had by then shot up from her seat and spoke due respect father, why do I have I have to go to the academy? You know about all of the competitions that I compete in to keep my title as consecutive champion in both archery, marital arts, and gymnastics. Also from what you have told me I may as well have graduated from the school this year because I have already met all of the graduation requirements."

Letting his daughter finish her rant about not going to the academy, Seto started to explain why he and his wife have decided to send their only daughter to the family boarding school, " Kagome you are going to the school as a student to learn more strategies for your duels. However, you are not only going there to study but also to take the title of being the family's dueling champion."

"But can't I just do that here on the main land instead of at the academy. If I go to the school I will be stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere with possibly absolutely no competition in duels at all," Kagome complained hotly as her temper started to rise.

Before her temper reached an all time high and snapped her Uncle Mokuba interrupted her saying, " Kagome, you are not only going there to take the family title and study as a student as my brother had said. Your mom and dad have decided that while you are attending the school, you are to look for a husband or soon-to-be husband to help run the family company with your little brother."

For the first time in a very long while, Kagome was left speechless and slowly slumped into her seat as her mind tried to comprehend what her uncle had just announced to her. When her mind finally caught up to what was just announced to her, Kagome started sputtering and exclaimed, " Wh...what?" Turning towards her father Kagome awaited an answer from him. As soon as he gave her a solemn nod of his head she searched his eyes to see if he was truly serious about this decision, seeing that it was absolutely true she continued earlier exclamation, "Why do I already have to look for husband? I only just turned sixteen!"

Tired of hearing his daughter yell Seto cut her off and tried to reason with Kagome. "Kagome, it is time for you to look for someone who can help you run and take care of the company. So far almost every boy that you have brought home to meet your mother and the rest of the family has not gain either one of our approval for you to marry them," stated Seto calmly. In his own mind Seto thought, 'Why couldn't she just accept this like her mother had.'

"Okay that I can understand, but what about Sesshomaru he must have been able to gain your approval because he certainly gained mother's. Also what am I suppose to do about my competitions?" complained an unhappy Kagome.

It was at that time that her Uncle Mokuba decided her first question that was directed directed towards her father. " Well that Sesshomaru guy was the closest to gaining your dad's approval of having a relationship with him. But..." dragged out Mokuba.

"But what?"

"He didn't meet one of the most important standards in your dad's book."

"And what would that be?" prompted a slightly curious Kagome.

Instead of Uncle Mokuba answering her as she had expected it was her father who answered her." He didn't play or even know what Duel Monsters," said a furiously scowling Seto Kaiba as his thoughts brought up the memory of the discussion he had with his wife Kun-loon Higurashi-Kaiba about his daughter's last boyfriend that was brought home to meet the family. 'Can't believe someone actually doesn't know what what duel monsters. If they don't even know that how do they expect me to let them date my little girl,' ranted Seto in his head.

'That's it,' thought Kagome with a deadpanned expression on her face as she fought her hardest to keep from face faulting into the floor. As she recomposed herself to ask her next question, she was still in shock that her father's biggest standard for for boys to date her was so simple. When she was finally recomposed, Kagome asked, "What are the rest of yours and mother's standards?"

"Before we begin these standards are not only from us," stated Seto now that he had finally snapped out of his thoughts. "They are from the whole entire family both maternal and paternal."

"First," started Mokuba as he saw that his niece wanted to be finished with this meeting as soon as possible. "He must be able to live comfortably and be able to stand living in a wealthy environment. And when I say that I don't mean you have to marry anybody who is rich and he cannot be a jerk, a weirdo, or a snob."

"Alright, I can understand that," agreed Kagome as she reached into her hand bag and pulled out a small notepad and a pen to write down what her family's standards for her future husband would be.

"Second," continued Seto as eyed Kagome with a serious look. "Is that he must be very healthy and athletic especially with how much you have trained."

"Third, he has to provide for you through his own career and not the family company or family wealth."

"Fourth, he has to be able to duel. That is the main reason why your mother and I are sending you to Duel Academy, currently most of the best junior duelist attend there right now as you yourself are already known as a junior champion duelist."

"Lastly and most importantly is that..."

" We want your future husband to love you for you and truly care about you," finished the two elder Kaibas together.

"I know we have almost never been home nor have I been a very good father for either you or Souta, but know this. I love the both of you very much and I only want what's the best for my little girl," said Seto softly. As soon as those words had left his mouth, he rose from his seat behind his desk and walked it and over to Kagome to wrap her in a gentle fatherly hug to express his sincere love for his daughter. "You do know that love you, right Gome-chan?" whispered Seto into Kagome's ear.

Kagome sat in her seat stocked still as her mind slowly processed what had just transpired right in front of her slowly she returned her father's hug, and for the first time in many years since she was a little girl she said a word that Seto had longed to hear pass through his daughter's lips once again. "I know daddy, I know," whispered back Kagome as tears expressing her joy started leak out of the corners of her eyes and trail down her face.

As this display of father-daughter affection was going on Mokuba remained completely silent as he watched his older brother and niece make up for past transgressions. 'Well this was unexpected,' thought Mokuba as he leaned against the wall that behind him with his arms crossed over his suit covered chest and a smirk crawling onto his face. 'But it's a good unexpected.'

When father and daughter finally pulled away from each other and out of each other's embrace the two quickly recomposed themselves and were back in their seats sitting still with straight backs. Seeing that the two other Kaibas were back to their normal selves, Mokuba began speaking again, "Now that we are all back to normal. How about we address Kagome-chan's competition problem, ne?"

"Oh yeah. What are we going to do about that? I'm not willing to go to the academy unless I can still compete in them," stated Kagome

"Well you can just not go to the competitions during your time at the academy," suggested Mokuba as he pushed himself off the wall that he had been leaning on.

"What, I can't do that! I have to keep in shape. I'm betting that I won't even be able to keep half of my muscles while I'm there," complained Kagome.

"There is a reason why I had a gym and other training facilities built with the academy," added Seto.

"So that solves one for you, but what about actually attending the competitions?"

"Well I was hoping I would still be allowed to stay at my current school," stated Kagome meekly.

"That I won't allow," said Seto firmly. "However to compensate for taking you away from your current friends and school how about I let you use the helicopter to go to your tournaments, ne?"

"Really?" asked Kagome has immediately perked up and began slightly bouncing in her seat as the last few words passed through her father's lips.

"Kagome, Kaibas do not bounce around like a hyperactive lunatic with the exceptions of your uncle and brother on a sugar high," chuckled Seto softly as he tried to stop his daughter's bouncing.

Finally remembering where she was, Kagome stopped bouncing in her seat and calmed herself down. "Okay now what am I supposed to tell my friends when they ask me why I am transferring schools?"

"How about the truth?" suggested Mokuba with an arched eyebrow as he once again leaned back against the wall but this time with his hands behind his head.

"Can't, almost no one knows any of us are related to the 'Great Seto Kaiba' or his little brother." A the two continued with Mokuba shooting off ideas and Kagome putting them down for one reason or another they never noticed that as each idea was shout out that Seto was slowly starting to lose his cool.

"Just tell them that your father called and told you that you have been enrolled into Duel Academy to find someone suitable to your taste in men," Seto said hotly. He was tired of two younger Kaibas talking as if he was not there and their crazy ideas to explain to his daughter's friends why she was transferring schools.

"That might actually work," exclaimed Kagome with a happy grin appearing on her face as she snapped her fingers.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Mokuba asked himself.

"Because you're the immature and younger one between the two of us."

"Hey I resent the immature statement I am not immature!" retorted Mokuba.

Ignoring his little brother Seto turned back towards his daughter and began to tell her how and who she will be going to school as. "Now that we have that taken care of. Kagome you will going to school using you current alias of Kagome Higurashi to keep away boys who are after you for the family fortune as that was one our standards in your future husband."

"I was going to do that anyways, I would probably get more suitors being Seto Kaiba's daughter than I would as th Ace Princess," declared Kagome as she started to play with the butterfly embroidery at the hem of her dress.

" Yes that's because you will still known as the Ace Princess, that may help you find a suitor who actually has some skills in the game instead of those pathetic amateurs."

"So may I take my leave father?" inquired Kagome as she stood up from her seat.

"Yes you may Kagome, but remember the ranking exam is in a month on the day before academy school year starts and you have to take it if you want a good dorm," reminded Seto as he let his daughter return to his wife's home in Tokyo.

"Yes father," answered Kagome solemnly as she remembered that she still had to leave her friends behind to attend her new school. Kagome then proceeded to calmly leave her father's office with her back straight and her dress moving about her like an ocean breeze was gently blowing towards her.

As soon as his niece was gone Mokuba turned toward his brother and asked, "Well shall we go tell the pilots to be ready to take Gome-chan to competitions during the school year?"

Silently getting up from his seat, Seto headed out of his office towards the direction of where the company pilots stayed within the building while calling out to Mokuba, "Let's go."


Hope you guys enjoyed the fist chapter of The Duel Champion's Daughter.

Please send criticism on how to make the story better and what I have to change. :D

Tell me if you liked it.