InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The Duel Champion's Daughter ❯ Memories and Departure ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Inuyasha or Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Summary: Seto Kaiba's eldest child, Kagome Akemi Higurashi Kaiba, is being sent to attend Duel Academy to take up her father's title of Duel Monsters Champion, but will she be able to take the title while also looking for a husband to be?

Warning: There will be a lot of flashbacks in this chapter. You have been warned.

AN: Okay I know that the story does not exactly follow the time line of the original anime, but this is my story so I can change it if I want. Now if you do not like what I have done and have certainly not read my summary of the story, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL READING IT?

Okay now that I have finally gotten that out of my system on with the story. :D


One Month Later

Kagome sighed as she looked around her now somewhat barren bedroom at her maternal family's shrine in Tokyo. Staring at the familiar periwinkle colored walls of her bedroom reminded her of when she and her family had first moved in to the shrine and the disgusting shade of pink that had formally adorned the walls.

Flashback

Higurashi Shrine, Tokyo, Japan 8 years Prior

"Mommy," called an eight year old Kagome from her place near the Goshinboku that was on the shrine as she twirled around in her sunset orange summer dress.

"Yes Kagome?" answered Kun-loon, Kagome's and Souta's mother, as she and Souta stepped onto the shrine grounds.

"Why are we at grandpa's shrine?" Kagome asked as she turned to face her mother.

"Yeah!" piped in Souta from his place next to his mother. "Why we at grandpa's?"

"Ano... well," started Kun-loon nervously as she tried to answer her children. "We'll be staying at grandpa's house until your daddy comes home."

"But daddy always comes back." complained Kagome as she began skipping to her mother.

"Yeah," agreed Souta.

"Well... does daddy always stay at home with us?"

"No," the two siblings replied together.

"Well that's why we're staying here until he does," stated Kun-loon with finality.

"Okay mommy," the two siblings once again chimed together. With that the family trio headed towards the house on the shrine that the children's grandfather stayed at. Once the group neared the house, the children spotted their grandfather standing just outside the entrance to the house waiting for them. Immediately the two siblings raced over towards their grandfather, all the while crying out, "Grandpa!" at the top of their lungs and once close enough the two tackled him to the ground. The three of them tumble to the ground in a fit of giggles and laughter as Kun-loon watched on as she also lost to her own laughter at the sight her children and father made.

Once the group laughing fit was over, Kun-loon helped her father and children up from the ground. "Alright you young people, say why don't we head inside and search for your room's ne?" asked Grandpa Higurashi when he was firmly on his feet with the help of his daughter.

"Yeah!" the two siblings cried. With that answer the quartet quickly headed inside the house and was led upstairs by Grandpa Higurashi. As the group was led the hallway that would bring them to their bedrooms, Kagome noticed that the walls of the hallway were nearly completely bare except for the occasional picture of their family framed and hanged onto the wall. The pictures that hanged from the wall ranged from family pets to baby pictures of Kagome, Souta, and their mother.

Once they had arrived at the first chestnut colored door of the hallway, Grandpa Higurashi pushed it opened and announced to the rest of the group. "This first room is little Souta's room." As soon as that sentence had left their grandfather's mouth, Souta was seen charging into the room so that he could explore it himself. With Souta inside the room Kagome decided to peek in to see how her little brother's new room looked like. Inside, the room's walls were painted in a light pear green shade with white floor trimmings and the floor was the same matching color as the door.

"Wow," Kagome whispered to herself as she gazed about Souta's room. She was amazed at how pretty the room looked even though it was of such a simple style.

"Well shall we head off to find your room Kagome dear?" asked Kun-loon as she called for her daughter. Nodding her head Kagome ran back over to her mother and grandfather. The remaining trio of the group left Souta to explore his new room as they headed over to Kagome's room.

Arriving at the next chestnut colored door, Kagome immediately knew it was her room and thanked her grandfather for it. With her thanks given, the two adults headed off to Kun-loon's old bedroom at the shrine. Once the adults were out of her eye sight, Kagome took a deep breath and prepared herself for what was inside of her room. Stepping inside Kagome immediately noticed the blaring pink that had adorned the walls of her bedroom and her nose wrinkled in disgust at the color. She also noticed that her room was also very similar to her little brother's room with both the floor trimming and the floor boards. However she also noticed a large difference between the two rooms, while in Souta's there had only been two doors one to his closet and the other to the hallway, she had three doors two of which she already knew lead to the same places as Souta's had the third door was a mystery to her. Heading over to it, she slowly opened it and happily surprised to see that she had her own bathroom complete with shower stall, sink, and toilet with ocean blue painted walls. Stepping away from her new bathing area, Kagome took noticed that her window was pushed out and had a long white cushion built-in under it to act as a seat.

After she had finished taking in the rest of her room, Kagome headed over towards Souta's room to pick him up. When they were finally standing together, the two siblings headed downstairs to tell their mother what they thought about their rooms and about living with their grandfather. Once they were downstairs and had finally spotted their mother they immediately rushed over to her and began rambling about what they wanted to do about their new bedrooms.

Cutting her children off mid sentence and kneeling down to their eye level, Kun-loon asked, "So what do you guys think about living here?"

The reaction was instantaneous, immediately Souta yelled out with a happy grin, "I love it!"

"Me too," giggled out Kagome

Happy that her children had no problems at their new home, Kun-loon let a smile breakout onto her face and said, "Good."

End Flashback

Snapping out of her thoughts, Kagome shook her head to rid her mind of that memory. She then proceeded to check her room, closet, and bathroom, just to make sure she had not forgotten to pack anything important. Once she was certain that she had everything that she needed or deemed important she grabbed her sky blue trunk with black trimming and headed towards her bedroom door that led to the hallway.

Looking about her room one last time her eyes caught a glance of her bedroom ceiling. Her ceiling was painted as if it was a part of the night sky with twinkling stars and a hovering moon. While staring at her bedroom ceiling, a certain memory of when she and her best friends painting the ceiling flashed through her mind.

Flashback

Higurashi Shrine, Tokyo, Japan 5 years Prior Midmorning

"Hey thanks for coming over, guys," called an eleven year old Kagome as she led her group of friends upstairs towards her bedroom. She was currently clad in a pair of faded blue jean overalls and an old nearly worn out t-shirt. Her long blue black hair was also pulled up into a high ponytail to keep it out of her face and eyes.

"It's no problem," answered the only other girl within the group. The girl had dark brown hair and chocolate colored eyes and she was clad in the same type of clothing as Kagome. "That's what friend's are for."

"What kind of friends would we be if we didn't help you when you needed our help?" stated and asked the black haired and violet eyed boy who was also in similar clothing, but instead of jean overalls he had on a pair of a faded blue jeans.

"Yeah!" declared another boy,but with red haired and emerald green eyes who was also wearing the same clothes as the last boy. " Plus I would never give up the chance to paint someone's ceiling."

"Thanks Sango-chan, Miroku-kun, and Shippo-kun," thanked Kagome to her three friends.

"Just out of curiosity," started the black haired boy now known as Miroku as the finally arrived at Kagome' bedroom. "But what exactly are we going to paint onto your ceiling Kagome-chan?"

"Well it's kinda embarrassing," Kagome began sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her head in her nervousness.

"Well what is it?" urged Sango, who was anxious to know what her sister like friend has been hiding.

"It can't be as bad as when we had to paint that giant frog for Mizuhiri-sensei's classroom," prompted Miroku

"No I guess not," Kagome said who was slightly shivering as a mental picture of the frog they had to paint onto their science teacher's classroom wall pop into her head. "But please Miroku don't ever, and I mean EVER mention that thing again. I still nightmares of it, especially with those moving eyes." Kagome finished off with a violent shiver emphasize her point.

"Sure I promise I will never speak about the creepy frog again," pledged Miroku with a roll of his violet eyes to show what he thoughts about his friend's reaction towards the 'creepy' frog.

"Now that that's over and done with, are you going to tell us what we're going to paint now?" asked Shippo excitedly.

"Oh yeah, we're going to be painting the background for the night sky and the full moon," Kagome told the others.

"What the stars?" asked Sango. "You can't have the night sky without the stars."

"Well if you look up we already did something for the stars. My mom called in a contractor and we had him install silver and blue Christmas lights to act as stars," said Kagome as she pointed out the tiny light bulbs that were only slightly sticking out of the ceiling.

"Ohhh..."

"Now does anybody want to get started?" asked Kagome.

"Yeah!" the group of friends cried out.

"Then let's get started. Most of buckets of paint that we need are already opened so all we need to do is setup the ladders and get started." With that said all four of them started to work on what they had to do either setting up the ladders or pouring the paint into painting trays. Once each person was done with their respective self-appointed jobs, they all proceeded to climb up their ladders and carefully began to paint the ceiling.

It was an hour or so later that the group finished painting the background for the ceiling. The group then decided to take a break while they waited for the paint to dry. "Hey guys?" Kagome called out to her friends as she wiped away the paint that had dripped onto her face.

"Yeah," was her resounding response from all of her friends in her bedroom.

"You guys want to take a break while the paint drys?"

"Sure," was the immediate response from everyone.

"Hey Kagome," called Miroku as he also tried to clean himself of the drying paint. "Do you think your mom made any snacks for us?"

"Probably," Kagome answered thoughtfully. "I did tell her why you guys were coming over for anyways."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go see if there's anything to eat!" yelled Shippo as he immediate ran for the door.

"Yeah!" called over Sango who had just finished herself of paint. "I'm starving."

Once that was said the quartet of friends grouped together at the bedroom door and proceeded to walk downstairs to get a snack. As they walked the group made small talk about things ranging from things happening in school or what their plans for the next weekend were. When they finally got downstairs and to the living room the group saw that on the coffee table was a platter of sandwiches and glasses of apple juice.

"Kagome-chan," said Sango as she and the rest of the group headed over to the platter of food and drinks.

"Yeah Sango," replied Kagome as she helped herself to a sandwich.

"Your mom is the BEST!" all of her friends chimed together. Kagome was stunned into silence for a moment, but then burst into loud peals of laughter at her friends' reaction.

"Hahaha... thanks guys. I'll be sure to tell her that," thanked Kagome in between her fits of giggles. The other's calmly waited for their laughing friend to come down from her laughing fit, as they began to help themselves to some well yearned food.

Once she was calm enough to speak without letting loose giggles, Kagome joined her friends in eating the food, her mother had prepared for them, in silence as the rest of the group had done. Growing tired of the silence, Kagome asked her friends, "Does anybody want to watch a movie or a TV. show?"

"Sure," answered Shippo immediately with a half eaten sandwich in his hand. "Is there anything you guys want to watch?"

"Oohh," called Sango as she finished her sipping her juice. "How about that new horror movie that just came out?"

" You mean the one with the girl and demon?" asked Shippo as he drew an air drawing of a demon with his half eaten sandwich.

"Yeah that one!" exclaimed Sango happily while clapping her hands at the fact that someone knew what she was talking about.

"I'm willing to see it," piped in Miroku from his seat next to Sango as took a drink from his glass.

"So we're all in agreement that we're going to see the new horror film then?" asked Kagome to make sure there were no objections.

a resounding "Yes!" was her answer from her friends. Getting up from her seat, Kagome quickly looked through her family's video cabinet in search of the new horror film DVD that her family had just bought.

"Hey Kagome?" called Shippo from his place on the floor.

"Yeah?" answered Kagome with her head inside the video cabinet.

"How does your family get all of your videos? You guys always get most of them before they're released from the theaters?"

Kagome immediately stiffened, not knowing how to answer her friend. She had never told any of her friends who her father was. So she was unable to tell them how her family came into possessing the DVDs prior to the release of the movies by the companies.

"Umm..." started Kagome, who had just found the movie that they were going to watch, as she tried to think of a way to answer her friend. However she was saved from answering Shippo when Sango interjected in saying, "Oh, leave her alone Shippo and let's just watch the movie."

Once that was said everyone piled onto the couch as Kagome popped the DVD into the DVR and flipped the switch on what needed to be turned on or off. The group continued to watch the movie for the next two hour while eating and drinking.

Every now and then there would be screams of terror resonating from children within the living room of the house. After two hours of screaming in terror and eating, the children all slowly got up from their positions huddle together on the couch.

"We should go back upstairs soon," stated Kagome tired as she stretched the kinks out of her back.

"Yeah we should. We still have to paint the moon onto the ceiling," said Miroku as he slowly got up from the couch.

"Well let's get going," called Shippo from hi place next to the staircase.

Everyone hurriedly ran up to the stairs once they were sure that all of the possible eye sand was out of their eyes. Once they had all reached Kagome's bedroom, they proceeded to do what they had previously done and began to paint the area that Kagome had pointed out to them where the moon would be. The group continued to paint the moon onto the ceiling for the next hour or so. Every once in while one of the kids would throw paint at a random person in the room. Eventually after the moon was finished the room was thrown into an all out paint war.

When they were finally finished with their paint and each person was either lying on their back or on their stomach panting for much needed air. Each person's clothing was covered in both blue and silver paint with bits of it randomly spotted in their hair.

The sight of the children was truly a hilarious scene to behold. Tiredly the boys and girls went to separate bathrooms to clean up, and that night everyone in their group of friends fell asleep with a content smile upon their face.

Flashback End

Slowly a smile formed onto Kagome's face as she came out of her memories. Remembering what today was, Kagome let out a sad sigh and once again taking hold of her trunk's handle because it had slipped from her grasp when her mind went flew through her last memory. Kagome slowly left her bedroom in sadness, as she already started to miss the little odd quirks that were in her room, and descended down the staircase.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, Kagome saw her mother, brother, and grandfather waiting for her. "I'm ready," said Kagome.

"Alright dear," said Kun-loon once she had checked her daughter over to make sure Kagome was in fact ready to leave and was not forgetting anything. Once she was done checking Kagome over, Kun-loon proceeded to lead her family towards the black colored Sequoia that was waiting at the bottom of the shrine, to take them towards the harbor that held the ship which would take Kagome to her new school.


At the Harbor

Once Kagome's family reached the parking lot of the harbor, Kagome was shocked to her core and happily surprised to see all of her friends and past boyfriends turned friend waiting for her. Kagome was in complete shock because she had not told any of her friends that she would be going to a new school this year, and even if she had told them, she had not expected any of her friends would actually come see her off. As soon as she was out of the car, her backpack flew away from her when she was tackled to the ground by a group of crying girls, who each had a different hair color upon their precious heads. While she was on the ground and listening to her friends that were on top of her cry, some of her guy friends helped her mother and brother pull take her luggage out of the trunk of the car. As she laid there on the pavement with her friends crying to her, Kagome wondered how her friends were even able to find out about her leaving. The friends that were on top of her were all crying to her about why she had not told them that she was leaving for another school and things similar to that. Once that train of thought passed through her mind, Kagome remembered how her mother had acted all suspicious and strange during the last week she had got to spend her family.

Slowly coming out of her thoughts, Kagome noticed that all of friends had already climbed off of her and the pale hand that was marred with violet stripes, which was attached to the arm of her ex-boyfriend and best friend, Sesshoumaru, that was extended out to her. Taking the offered hand, she pulled herself up from her position on the ground and proceeded to brush off the dirt from her black flare jeans and dark blue corset like blouse and fix her appearance. Once she was done fixing herself and placing her backpack once again onto her shoulder, Kagome looked up to see her friends and saw all the sadness in her friends' eyes and immediately she dropped her head to avoid the looks that she was sure that they would be giving her. Being unable to look her friends in the face, Kagome slowly bade her family farewell and made to take her luggage to the boarding area of the ship.

Before she was able to even take a step away after she bade her family farewell, a group of voices yelled out to her. "Kagome," was what the group was yelling. Turning back to the group, Kagome reluctantly faced her friends.

"You're not going to leave us without saying goodbye, are ya?" called out a guy from her group of friend's who had his black hair pulled into a high ponytail and blue eyes. Immediately Kagome recognized that it was Kouga, she lifted her head somewhat in relietf because she knew that if it was Kouga who was speaking then her friends most likely forgave her for not telling them about her leaving.

She answered him by going up to the group and proceeded to give each person a hug goodbye, some others had even smacked her over the head for not telling them all the while exclaiming, " I can't believe you didn't tell us about this!" or something along those lines. Once each person was given a hug, the entire group of friends surrounded Kagome and each person pulled out a small gift from either their bags or their pocket. When everyone, save Kagome had a gift in their hands, they all, one by one passed his or her gift to Kagome and lingered slightly when it was time for the next person to give their gift. Once each gift was given to her, Kagome slowly placed each gift into her nearly forgotten backpack without opening any of them because she knew that she still had to board the ship soon. She then thanked all of her friends for the gifts they had given her.

With a watery smile and some tears threatening to fall from her eyes, Kagome quickly gave her friends and her family each one last hug and farewell and also promising some of her friends, who were also her rivals, that she would be back during competitions. As she once again headed to take her luggage with her to the boarding dock, she was again surprised when her friends, Kouga and Inuyasha, had taken her luggage from her and proceeded to move it over to the loading docks for her.

With one last smile to her friends and family, Kagome boarded her ship to head off to her new school all the while wiping away the on coming tears from face. Now that she had the support of friends, Kagome felt that she was ready for what was to come this year, and just hoped she would be able to find herself the perfect husband this year.


AN: Okay people I hope you like the new chapter. This my Chinese New Years present to you guys. So Happy Chinese New Years and Saint Valentines Day!

Also sorry if going to the academy is different from how Jaden originally had gone there, but I only remember students going to and leaving the school by boat. Sorry! XD

Pictures of the shirt Kagome is wearing would be posted onto my profile