InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The Duel Champion's Daughter ❯ The First Duel and Reminders ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Duel Champion's Daughter

Disclaimer: I do not own either Inuyasha or Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Summary: Seto Kaiba's eldest child, Kagome Akemi Higurashi Kaiba, is being sent to attend Duel Academy to take up her father's title of Duel Monsters Champion, but will she be able to take the title while also looking for a husband to be.

AN: Okay before the story begins I really want to thank all my reviewers. I also want to thank Akuma-chibi, one of my favorite authors, for typing up the dueling scene for this story. So thank you and I hope you will continue to help me with the game. Also for those who have asked Ryo Marufuji is Zane Truesdale in the English version. Now on with the story! :)


At the Harbor with Kagome's family and friends
The entire group of people watched sadly as the ship started depart from the harbor as their beloved Kagome left to another place with it. While the ship was departing each person was either yelling to Kagome. "Remember to come back for the competitions!" shouted some of her friends. Others would shout, "We're going to miss you, Kagome!" or "We love you, Kagome!"

As the ship sailed off further and further away and finally disappeared from their eye sight, the people in the group one by one let the tears that they had been holding back fall down from their eyes.
People slowly left the harbor in groups of four or five, and soon they people left there were Kagome's family members Sighing sadly, Kun-loon turned away from where she was staring out to the sea and faced her remaining family members, all the while wiping away the tears that were on her face. "Well how about we start heading home?" suggested Kun-loon once she had finished wiping away the tears.
"Yeah," answered Souta faintly as he too turned away from the sea and looked up towards his mother. "Do you think Aneki is going to be okay to the school?" Souta asked in slight worry.
"I think your aneki will be just," Kun-loon reassured her son. "We all know how she can handle any problem that comes her way," continued Kun-loon with a smile on her face, but in her mind she was thinking, 'But her husband-to-be problem...'
"Yeah Aneki can handle anything!" cheered Souta happily, thinking about the times that Kagome had handled the neighborhood bullies when they were younger.
"Well let's start heading back to the shrine," cried Grandpa Higurashi as he too cleaned the tears that had come from seeing off his eldest grandchild, from his wrinkled face.
Together the family departed from the harbor and headed over to the car that was still waiting for them at the parking lot. The family then left to go home with one member less than when they had arrived.

With Kagome on the ship
Kagome sadly waved goodbye to her friends with a smile as the ship departed from the harbor with her on it. As the ship was pulling away from its dock, she heard her friends yell to her to remember to come back during competitions and festivals. She in turn yelled her reply to them all the while smiling. She told them that she would remember to come and that they should expect her the day before the events happened.
Once the harbor that the ship had previously been anchored at was out of her eye sight, Kagome let the smile that had been on her face fade away and her arm to fall back down to her side. Sighing sadly, she turned around and started to walk to the interior of the ship.
As she was making her way to the interior she heard some commotion at the front of the boat. Making her way over to crowd that had begun form, Kagome saw that there were already some duelist dueling each other. Some people in crowd were also talking about the strategies that the duelists were using and others she noticed were surprisingly talking about her.

"Hey did you hear?" a random girl asked another duelist next to her.

"Hear about what?" was the reply.

"Well I heard that the Ace Princess was on board to go to Duel Academy with us," she replied in eagerness.

"Really?" was the other girl's astonished answer. "I love her and I heard she hasn't lost any duel that's come her way."

"I know. Why do you think she's coming to the academy anyways?" the first girl asked thoughtfully

"Probably to learn more strategies or something," suggested the second girl while shrugging her shoulders.

All the while this conversation was taking place, more people began to talk about the Ace Princess once they heard the title. Seeing that as her cue to leave, Kagome quickly left the deck as quietly as possible continued towards the interior of the ship. After having successfully kept the majority of the students from recognizing her, Kagome was able to make her way to the side of the ship's deck, Now she just had to make it to the island without being seen or recognized.

"HEY!"

Did she mention making it to the island without being seen?

She didn't respond, silently hoping that the one yelling would get the idea and leave her be.

"Hey!" The voice wasn't as loud now, but it was closer. "Didn't you hear me? I said hey!" She sighed and came face to face with a pair of fallow brown eyes, taking a step back she took in the appearance of the overly jovial boy. His hair was cut in an odd shape with two parts framing his face; it was a trio shades of brown and if she were to guess the shades, she would assume Ochre, Wood and Dark Sepia.

"I heard you, though I'll admit, I was trying not to."

"Huh?" He seemed confused, but she ignored it and turned to walk away when he once more called out to her. "You're a duelist!" He called, "Right?"

She mentally rolled her eyes. She knew that he wasn't asking her, only wording it in that of a question.

"Duel me!"

Her eyes widened and her left hand found the black velvet pouch that held her deck on her hip. "Duel...you?" She asked, trying to comprehend the thought of dueling someone like him. Surely he wasn't serious. She turned around curiously and found a huge grin on his face, cards already on his duel disk.

"...you're serious..." She smiled, "Alright then, this should be fun."

"YEAH!"

She watched him run to the other side of the ships dock as she pulled her deck out and placed it on her own personal duel disk, making sure it clipped in securely.

"Right, I'll assume that the duel will be played with 4000 life points to start."

"Yep!"

"Then, let's begin." She turned her duel disk on and caught five cards before drawing a singular one in her other hand. "You don't mind going first, do you?"

"Sure thing," He looked down at his own deck and took one card in his hand. "First I'll place Elemental Hero Bubbleman on the field face up, and with his special ability, I can draw two more cards!"

Kagome looked to the monster with 800/ATK points and 1200/DEF points before turning in time to see two cards shoot out of his dual disk; he took them into his hand, placing one of his drawn cards in an equipped slot under his Bubbleman. The ATK points increased to 1600 and she looked to the boy who pulled another card from his hand.

"I'll equip Bubble Blaster to my Elemental Hero and end my turn with a facedown." He said, placing the card in the facedown position. "Get Your Game On!"

She quirked a brow but smiled despite herself. She looked at her cards and thought over the ability of the monster already on the field across from her. 'Any attack I hit him with, regardless if it's higher, will deal no damage to the monster itself, but it will get rid of that Bubble Blaster card. However...that doesn't mean I can't get a few hits in on his lifepoints.' She mentally nodded and pulled a card from her hand. "I will place Rose, Warrior of Revenge on my field in Attack Mode! Rose Warrior! Attack his Bubbleman with your Blades Reign!"

"Wha―!"

Kagome watched the red haired ninja in black as she brought her twin blades down in a vicious strike on the boys Bubbleman Hero. The Bubble Blaster digitally shattered and the ATK points decreased to their original 800 points.

"You got rid of my Bubble Blaster, but your Attack had no effect on my Hero Bubbleman, which means they had no effect on my..." He paused, looking down as his lifepoints dropped 300 points.

"That leaves you with 3700 lifepoints; it's not much, but at least you're quiet now."

"..." He didn't even acknowledge her comment, too curious about her own monster being digitally shattered.

"You are confused I take it?"

He nodded.

"Let me explain, my Warrior of Revenge had ATK points equal to your Bubbleman with the Bubble Blaster. When she destroys a monster, she has an effect that deals 300 points of damage to the lifepoints points of my opponent. However, because she was equal to your monster, she too was destroyed."

"Yeah, but you still got a hit in, that in itself is something to be proud of." He grinned.

"Yes, well let's continue." She placed another card in the face down defensive position and sent another card in her hand to the graveyard before ending her turn.

"My turn!" He caught another card and looked down at it before looking into his hand. "Alright! I'll play my Elemental Hero Burstinatrix and my Elemental Hero Avian both on the field in the face up position!"

"..."

"Then, I'll play Polymerization, fusing both my Hero's and creating my Elemental Hero Flame Wingman!"

The monster's attack made Kagome sigh in mild irritation. The attack points were 2100 points and it wasn't that she was worried about her card, because she wasn't; she had planned to get rid of it soon too...just, not this soon.

"Now; take out her facedown with Sky Dive Scorcher!"

"..." She watched her facedown shatter and looked as the card moved to her graveyard, a small smirk forming on her lips.

"Now don't get an arrogant grin yet; I know that I can't inflict damage to your card being in the defense position face down, but that doesn't stop my Flame Wingman from inflicting damage total to that of your monster's attack to your Life Points!"

Kagome glanced at her lifepoints and watched as it decreased 300 points.

"Huh? That's it? You weren't planning to attack me with a 300 point monster, were you?"

"No, not exactly. Please continue with your attack."

"Yeah, with that out of the way, I'll attack your life points directly with Elemental Hero Bubbleman!"

"..." Her life points fell once more, this time from 3700 to 2900.

"I'll place one card face down and end my turn with that."

She took the three cards her Duel Disk gave her and sent another to her graveyard, a total of four now present. "Be thankful, the card I need is still M.I.A, for now though..." She placed a card on the field in the facedown position before placing two monsters on the field in the face up position. "Harpie Lady 1 and Harpie's Pet Dragon! Both gain an increase of 300 attack points being WIND attribute, however, Harpie's Pet Dragon receives an extra 300 bonus for every Harpie Lady on the field. So he is no longer 2000 but 2600, while she is 1600 in Attack points. Don't worry though, I don't really plan on using my Harpie Lady, so I'll move her into the face up defensive position, then I let my dragon attack your Bubbleman! Go Harpie's Pet Dragon!"

"WHOA!" A large gust of wind and a fiery blast tore at the boys surroundings before dying down; his lifepoints's followed soon after. "AWESOME!"

She looked at his life points, "1900,"

"Yeah, I'm still in the game, so I must be doing pretty well!"

"...yeah," She looked to her face down card and back to the boy. '...he's pretty good, but will it last...' She glanced down at her deck and smiled, "It's your turn! Give it your best; I will!" She smirked.

He grinned, "Yeah!"

He pulled three cards from her deck slot and another goofy grin appeared on his face. "I activate Skyscraper! Since my Elemental Hero Flame Wingman has fewer attack points than your pet does, it gets a 1000 attack increase, this brings my Flame Wingman to an attack total of 3100 points!"

Kagome looked around her as the deck suddenly seemed to turn into a city block with many skyscrapers. She looked up to the monster standing atop the tallest building tip.

"Flame Wingman, Sky Dive Scorcher!"

"...Not so fast," She flipped her card over. "Destruction Jammer!" A large barrier stopped the attack until the flashes grew faint before completely vanishing. Kagome and the boy looked back up to see Flame Wingman hovering in the middle of the city, no harm to either of their lifepoints, until the monster shattered, taking the tri-brunette by surprise. "You know that card I discarded at the beginning of my turn?"

"Which one?" He asked,

She smiled, "My previous one; this card activates only after I discard any one card. It's one of my favorite trap cards; see...it negates the activation or attack of any Spell Card, Trap Card, or...in your case, any Effect Monster on the field...than it destroys that card!"

"...that's not cool..." He mumbled to himself before he grinned again, "Well, I'll just have to get rid of it with a monster that has no effect...I activate Hero Signal!" He flipped his facedown card into the face up position. "Now, I will use my next Elemental Hero, Elemental Hero Clayman! Take out her trap card!"

"Yes...well, you did successfully bring down my trap," she said, watching it shatter before her. "You failed to protect your newest monster, Clayman." She watched him look down at his field that now had only one monster on the field.

"AH!"

"Have you not been paying attention?"

"I've been paying attention! I just...oh..."

She perked and watched him move the top card in his hand a little, revealing the second of his remaining three cards.

"..."

"I'll place this in the face down position then end my turn!"

'...that card...must be a trap...but am I sure I want to trigger it? I haven't updated my deck in a while, so I have no spell cards that can get rid of traps right now...Damn!' She looked at both her Harpie Lady 1 and her Pet Dragon before sighing. "Harpie's Pet Dragon, take out his...you know what," She took the four cards from her deck slot and sent another to the graveyard before smiling. "Alright, take out his Clayman, Harpie Lady 1!"

"Huh?" He watched the Harpie attack his card and smirked. "Fell right into a trap! I activate Clay Charge!"

Both monsters shattered right before her eyes before the bleeping of her Duel Disk caught her attention. From her previous 2900, her life points fell 800 points, now a low 2100 points. "I see, it's still my turn!" She said, starting to get into the game, grin forming on her lips. "That card I mentioned earlier, the one M.I.A..." She turned the card to face him, its striking silver coloring seemed to stand out to the boy who looked in awe at the card.

"What is it?"

"This is Ancient Fairy Dragon, however, I'm not playing it...yet." She placed the card back in her hand and watched him frown.

"Then why show me?"

"I was showing you, because I thought it polite to show you the card that would end this duel!" She placed three cards in the face down position and turned to her dragon. "Since my Harpie Lady 1 was destroyed, my Pet Dragon lost both bonuses, still, Harpie's Pet Dragon, attack his Life Points directly!"

The dragon rose high into the sky before sending a large blast of wind and fire at the tri-brunette who cried out and winced.

"That will end my turn; but first, answer me this, how many times have I played?"

"You mean...Duel Monsters?"

"...no, how many turns have I had in this Duel?"

"Oh! Uh..." He closed his eyes in thought before opening them with a snap of his fingers. "Three! This will be my fourth turn!"

"Right, so you have...five turns...counting this one...to claim your victory."

"...why only five?"

"Because I'll win before you get to your ninth turn..."

"...you seem so sure..."

"...are you going to play, or are we going to just stand here all day?"

"Humph, let's play!" He took the four cards from his deck slot and glanced them over. "I'll activate Monster Reborn first and call on my Elemental Hero Avian then using The Warrior Returning Alive," He showed her the magic card he held in his hand before placing it on the field. "I can call Burstinatrix back to my hand!"

Kagome glared, already knowing where this was going. She glanced into her hand at the remaining cards and noted no useful cards that she could use on as a last minute trap if he were to attack her monster, and she only had...oh...she looked at the three cards on her field, maybe she wasn't out just yet.

"Now, I'll use Fusion Gate and summon my Elemental Hero Flame Wingman! Flame Wingman receives a boost with Skyscraper still on the field, so 3100 attack points, hope you're ready! Flame Wingman, attack her pet dragon!"

"I critiqued you for not paying attention earlier, and this time, I was the one who had not paid attention. Luckily though, I remembered what cards I had laid down seconds before your turn! A Rival Appears!"

Her Harpie's Pet Dragon and his Flame Wingman switched sides and the attack continued uninterrupted. "However, I can't have you losing just yet, so I'll also flip this card over and intercept the attack with my own monster!" She flipped another card over, "With Elegant Egotist, I summon Harpie Lady Sisters!" The two watched as three winged female fiends appeared in-between the attack in-time to stop the attack. The damage loss was hurtful to her lifepoints but she wanted this to drag out. 1950 points decreased from her Life Points, leaving her with 150 lifepoints.

"What...? Why did you do that?"

"Are you through with your turn?"

"...I..." He looked at his hand and placed a card face down with a sigh. "If you plan to throw this duel than I―"

"I don't plan to throw anything, I plan to win! If it's my turn, than I'll continue." She watched him nod, a new light in his eyes with her reassuring words of a proclaimed victory. "In that case, you only have four more turns to win...Now, I'll have to move my summoning to a sooner turn, come forth, Ancient Fairy Dragon!" The dragon hovered above the dock; much larger was it than her pet dragon that it made the pet pale in comparison to its shimmering beauty. He just stared at the dragon in admiration, his eyes sparkling as he looked the blue dragon over, taking in every detail.

"Now, since I used my Sunny Pixie as tribute during my earlier turns, I receive 1000 lifepoints's; I'll have to play this card too now," She placed a card in the face down position and checking over her hand once more, she nodded and sent all of them to her graveyard. "No more cards, your turn."

"...oh, yeah." He looked away from the dragon and at the field. His monster was back on his side, a face down, and his skyscraper, she had her pet dragon again...and her bigger dragon...along with a facedown too. They were playing on an even field...well...sort of. She now had 1150 lifepoints's and he had 1900 lifepoints's. He took his cards from the deck slot for the fifth time and glanced them over. "Right, first...I'll put Sparkman in the face up position," He flipped his facedown card over and Sparkman appeared in attack mode. "Then, I'll place this in the face down position and end my turn!"

"...it's another trap..." She muttered in annoyance. "In that case, if it's another one that's going to take lifepoints from me, I'll get rid of your field magic card with my Ancient Fairy Dragon!" The dragon attacked the magic card Skyscraper and the field returned to the deck they stood on. The boy who stood across from her moved his arms down from his eyes when the bright light of the dragons attack subsided. "My life points increase by 1000 points when I destroy one of your field magic cards, so that's 2150 now. I'll place one card facedown and now, Harpie's Pet Dragon; attack his facedown card!" The smaller dragon charged forward and a breath of fire and a blast of wind approached the card quickly; the aftershock drawing a surprise cry from the boy while Kagome just braced her feet on the ship.

However, her calm features changed to shock when a barrier appeared in the place of the trap card.

"It was a trap card, just not the kind you were thinking of. This ends your turn!" He said grinning, "That gives me a little more time to ready something for you!"

"...but...that was my last move..."

"You didn't put anything in your graveyard..."

"I had nothing to add..."

"Man!" He took his cards and looked them over, looking at his now 2100 attack points on his Flame Wingman before grinning again. "That's fine; I have another polymerization in my hands!"

"Yay..."

He placed it face up on the field and Sparkman and Flame Wingman fused together to form Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman with 2500 Attack points.

"Yes, that's good...remember, you want these turns to count for something."

He ignored her slight taunting and looked at her dragons. "Shining Flare Wingman; attack her Ancient Fairy Dragon!"

"...bad move..."

"What?"

Her facedown card flipped face up and all of a sudden as six monsters rose up onto the field.

"That is Hysteric Party, a card that special summons all of my Harpies in my graveyard. Harpie Lady 1, 2 and 3, as well as Harpie Lady Sisters!...Six Harpie's! I'm sure you remember that Harpie Lady 1 gives a bonus of 300 attack points to all Wind Monsters, including my Pet Dragon. Harpie Lady 2 will negate the effects of any Flip Effect Monsters that she destroys and Harpie Lady 3 makes it so if you declare an attack on her, you can't declare an attack on your next two turns. Now, Harpie Lady Sisters is made up of 1, 2, and 3, so the effects remain the same, however, that isn't the point I wished to point out."

He looked intently at her as she spoke.

"The point, was that my Pet Dragon receives a 300 attack bonus for every monster on the field with Harpie in it's name. I counted six, how about you." It wasn't a question.

Harpie's Pet Dragon's attack points rose from 2000 to 4100.

"...oh god..."

"Yeah, I tried to drag it out as long as I could, but I won't be sending any monsters of mine to take that hit. We will see if you survive any longer after this move."

Her lifepoints dropped 400 points to 1750.

"But I'm still 150 points ahead of you, and putting that aside, I haven't lost any since the start."

"The Duel isn't over yet."

"Right," He placed another card down, only in the face up position and ended his turn.

"Three turns left," She looked up to him and smiled, "I suppose it's a little late in the game to ask but, what's your name?"

"Jaden! Jaden Yuki! You?" He grinned sheepishly.

"...Kagome...Kagome Higurashi, I hope that after I win this duel, you'll be available at a later date to duel me again."

"Haha, I'll be available to duel you anytime, anyplace; after I win!"

She smirked. "We'll see," She looked at her field and sighed. It was too crowded, and though she wanted to see what he would do about her 4100, she didn't like the many monsters that littered the area.

"Alright then..." She took the given cards from her slot and placed them in her hand, looking each one over as she thought up ways to delay her victory. "Well...that would delay the turn alright...he'd have nothing on his side to duel with..." She turned it so it faced Jaden and his grin fell. "Raigeki!" She placed it face up on her Duel disk and lightning shot out destroying any and all monsters he had, which was Shining Flare Wingman basically.

"I'll end my turn with one more move!" She placed a magic card on the field, "Dust Tornado, it destroys any one trap or magic card, and I choose Hysteric Party." She watched as all of her Harpie's returned to her grave yard, leaving only her two dragons left on her field.

"Alright...I'll place a card face down and in my turn with that."

"...that's it?"

"...yeah," He grinned.

"Okay..." She placed her ancient fairy in the defensive position before ending her own turn. "There are only two turns left, counting this."

"I'm ending my turn without any moves."

"..." She glared, 'He has some kind of idea, and I'm positive it has something to do with his face up magic card that I can't see! I'm still going to win though.' She smirked, "Then I'll end my turn without any moves."

"Haha, you know I have something in mind and you're going to let me go through with it?"

"This is your last turn."

"That's all I needed!" He held the magic card Climax Hour up.

"So that's it..."

"Elemental Hero Electrum! With his special ability, he gets an extra bonus of 300 attack points for every Wind, Water, Fire or Earth attribute monster on the field! So I'll thank your Pet Dragon for the boost later!"

The monster's attack point rose to 3100 and she mentally blanched when he ordered it to attack her Pet Dragon, finally getting rid of the monster he continuously failed to defeat.

"Your lifepoints takes damage equal to our difference in Attack points too, so, your life points are at 650, right?"

"...right."

"Then, I'll end my turn with a face down card in defense."

"...I told you I would win, didn't I?"

"...your dragon is too weak!"

"..." She lifted a card from her hand for him to see and Jaden scrunched his eyes together in thought.

"Counselor Lily, she is like an evolved for of my cute Injection Fairy Lily; you see, she gives 1000 attack points to any Synchro Monster she's sacrificed for and it just so happens she's been sacrificed for my dragon." She placed the Card in the graveyard and the Ancient Fairy Dragon's attack points increased from 2100 to 3100 points. "Now it ends!"

"But wait..."

"What?"

"I still wouldn't be destroyed..."

"...if you are in such a hurry to be destroyed then fine." She flipped her facedown card over, "Talk about impatient. Curse of Anubis!" Kagome watched his monster change from attack to defense position. "Your attack was increased, but not your defense. So first, I'll use my trap card," She pulled it from her hand and placed it face up on the field, "Just Dessert, and since you only have one monster on your side of the field, it will only take 500 lifepoints points from you." 1900 dropped to 1400.

She looked to his monster and made a quick run-through of numbers in her head before nodding. "I'll activate Dragon Treasure and increase my Ancient Fairy Dragon's Attack points by 400 points, and as my last increase, I'll add Dragonic Attack and increase my dragons attack points by 500 points. He now has a total of 4000 attack points. Now, Ancient Fairy Dragon; attack his Hero and put an end to this Duel!"

The attack was fast; a bright light engulfed the dock and caused the ship to rock with the aftershock that no doubt everyone would be curiously making their way to them soon. "You lose."

"Amazing...ah!" He looked down at the two cards next in his deck and sighed. "Talk about ironic, I so could have whipped you!"

"Hm?" She cleared her Duel Disk and placed her cards back in her black velvet pouch before moving to his side to see what he thought would be able to beat her.

"Winged Kuriboh...then," He held up a magic card and her eyes widened with recognition.

"..."

"I'm sure I don't need to tell you what would have happened had I had another turn; Transcendent Wings!"

'Special summon Winged Kuriboh LV10...he would have won...hm, would have, but didn't.' Jaden Yuki, she turned to face him; holding her hand out to his, he took it and she smiled. "It was...fun, I hope to duel you again, soon."

"Yeah; definitely!" He grinned.

She nodded and pulled her hand free before walking away, leaving him to deal with the large group of duel students still at the bow of the ship. Now she continued to her destination as she was doing before the duel.

When she finally made it to the interior of the ship, Kagome was exceptionally happy that she had not crashed into another person. Soon she settled herself down into a plush golden brown colored arm chair and tried to relax. Once she was settled comfortably in her chair, Kagome took a look around the room and was amazed with what she was seeing of the interior. All around her, Kagome could see that the room was made up of golden toned decorations. The walls of the room were covered in golden toned wallpaper with designs of various patterns of seashells, and littered about the floor were white throw rugs placed in random areas for comfort. She also noticed that the crystal chandelier that was hanging overhead was also made of gold painted metal beams. Even the chair that she was sitting in and the ones that were around her were made of golden toned materials. All in all the room was beautifully decorated, and Kagome was just absolutely stunned by how well it was designed. In Kagome's mind, 'This is amazing. I haven't seen anything like this since before mom had us move to grandpa's.'

Once she was out of her shock, Kagome relaxed back into her comfy arm chair and prepared to take a nap for the remainder of the trip to the school. Just as she was about to doze off into dreamland, she was abruptly awaken by a vibration from the pocket of her jeans. Taking out the offending object, Kagome noticed that it was the new cell phone her father and uncle had gotten her as a sorry present for making her come to the academy.

Flashback

Two weeks after the meeting with her father

Kagome nervously walked into her father's company office again, all the while as she walked she played with the sides of her designer black jeans. She was currently nervous because her father had called had told her that he needed her to come by the company for some new news, and the last time that she had came her father had told that she had to find a husband. Seeing that her father and uncle were already in the room, Kagome tried to clam her nerves and quickly took a seat in the black leather chair that she frequently sat in whenever she had come to visit.

Silently, Kagome prepared herself for what may come and waited patiently for her father to finally speak.

"Kagome," Seto said as got up from his and walked in front of his desk. "Today you are not here because you are in trouble."

'Why would I be trouble?' thought Kagome with a deadpanned expression upon her face, but nodded her head to show to her father that she understood. "Then what am I here for?" asked Kagome.

"You are here because your father and I have something to give you," stated Mokuba as he walked away from the wall he had been next to, and stood at his brother's side.

"And what exactly are you and father going to give me?" inquired Kagome curiously as she relaxed slightly into her chair.

Instead of answering with spoken words Seto just took a small sliver papered wrapped box from his desk and handed it to her. Taking the box, Kagome looked at curiously and carefully examined the box. Once she was done with her examination of the box, Kagome turned to her father and asked, "What is it?"

It was her Uncle Mokuba who answered her. "Well why don't you open it?" Mokuba prompted as he gestured towards the box with his hands. And with a nod of her head Kagome began to tear off the wrapping paper and opened the box. She gasped at what had awaited on the inside of the little box.

Lying inside the little box was a brand new shiny silver video phone. The phone was of the newest and most technologically advanced cell phones available. On the front of the phone was a large video-touch screen for her to talk to the person on the other line while being able to see the person's face, and a tiny square above the video screen housed the camera of the phone, both of which were outlined in black. On the back of the phone was a drawing of the three harpy sisters and behind the three was blue eyes white dragon all etched in and outlined in black ink.

Immediately after Kagome was shaken out of her awe stricken state she was out of her seat and hugging both her uncle and father all the while shouting thank you over and over again. Her uncle and surprisingly her father, both just chuckled at her excitement of receiving her new cellphone.

~*~*Outside the office*~*~

Hearing the loud shouts, the guards on that floor came rushing to their boss's office to checkout the commotion. Once there, each of the guards peeked into the office one by one. After each guard finished peeking into the room, they all turned towards one another and a soft smile slowly formed on each of their faces at seeing one of the rare family moments that occurred with their boss. And with that each guard returned to their station on the office floor all the while still smiling and some even chuckling at the scene the heiress and bosses made.

End Flashback

Snapping out of her memory, Kagome quickly answered her phone. "Moshi moshi?" she answered.
"Kagome," replied a somewhat familiar deep male voice from the receiving line.
"Otou-sama," a slightly surprised Kagome quickly replied. " Is there any particular reason why you have called?"
"Hai," Seto replied from the other end of the phone. "I just wanted to remind you of what you are to be looking for while at the school. You do of course remember what you are looking for correct?"
"Hai otou-sama," answered Kagome obediently. "I am to be looking for a worthy husband that you approve."
"It's good to know that you do remember why you are being sent to the academy. Now I want to know for a fact that you did indeed remember the list requirements that your future husband must meet."
"So you wish for me to recite the list?" questioned a slightly confused Kagome as she relaxed into her current seat.
"Hai now begin." As soon as those words left her father's mouth and entered her ear through the phone, Kagome was already off listing all the requirements that she knew her fiancé may meet.
Once she was finished, Kagome quickly took a deep breath of much needed air and immediately scanned the room of any witnesses that may have seen her unsightly display. It just would not do for Kaiba, even if it isn't known to others, to be caught rushing through anything. Once she was sure nobody had seen her, Kagome once again relaxed back into her chair and continued her conversation with her father. Half an hour passed by before the conversation started to come to an end. By the time the conversation ended, Kagome was starting to dose off. With a final "love you daddy" and and flip of her phone, Kagome put away her phone and made herself comfortable. Once she was sufficiently comfortable, Kagome cuddle into herself and promptly dosed off into a light nap.

One Hour Later

When Kagome finally woke up from her nap it was to the sound of the ship's speakers turning on. "We will soon be arriving to Duel Academy. Please be prepared for docking," announced the ship's captain. After getting up from her comfortable and stretching to get rid of any possible kinks, Kagome headed outside. Looking out to the sea, Kagome noted the Island that was just ahead of her and its imposing buildings. "Academy Island..."


Thanks for reading and remember I like criticism! :)

Please review.