InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ How it all Happened ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PROLOUGE
 
 
My name is Hikaru Migotsu and I am a Shadow-Hunter with many magical capabilities.
 
But it was not always like this for me… it all started 60 years ago… in my home-village, in Feudal-Japan.
 
I lived with my Parents, and my younger sister, Mitsu.
 
When I was only four and my sister, three. My mother was pregnant with my younger brother, Omaru.
 
However, she was also taken ill from a devastating Disease, which was doing fatal harm to her, and the baby.
 
We were able to bring an antidote to nullify the effects of the illness, but there was only enough to save one.
 
For the antidote was so difficult to make, it would take three days just mix up, provided we had the correct herbs…which we did not
 
And so, my mother decided to save the baby. My little brother was born, and my mother was gone.
 
It was immediately after her tragic death, that our Father, Yoshi, who was a Master-Ninja, had taken us into his care.
 
As we grew older, our father realized that we would one day need to fend for ourselves.
 
So he took us in as his students, one by one, starting with me, he trained me to mimic his moments, and learn the Mysterious art of NINJITZU.
 
For my father, was one of Japan's finest Shadow-Warriors. And as I grew to age 8, my strength and knowledge as a Ninja increased.
 
Father was so proud of me, that he passed to me a Ninja's Quarter-staff as the honor in which I had earned.
 
Then my Father started to train my sister, but before he could finish, and ill-fated tragedy had befallen our village.
 
Many fierce Demons, were appearing in such great numbers, and began slaughtering every villager in sight.
 
Many of the homes were burned down, and all the villagers were dead… My father leapt straight at the Demons.
 
Before he set off, his final words to me were… “Hikaru, if anything should happen to me… promise me, you will protect your siblings.”
 
All I could do was take my siblings and run for the nearest cover to hide, grabbing only 2 pairs of Nun-chucks, and two Wrist-blades along with my quarter-staff.
 
My father fought valiantly, but it was a losing battle, for there far too many Demons for him to keep focused.
 
The Demons had managed to outwit him, and then… they had got him… He was gone.
 
The Demons had fled, my Siblings and I were still alright, but our Village was gone, and we were alone.
 
* * *
 
As we traveled across Japan in search of aid. No one in their hearts, was willing to give us even an ounce of food or shelter.
 
Then, it got much worse, the Demon who killed m father, had returned to finish what he started back at the village.
 
My only option was to face the Demon alone. For my sister was only half-trained, and our brother was not trained at all.
 
My hatred towards the Demon, and my love and care toward my siblings gave the strength I needed.
 
The Demon fought with all that he possessed, but in a shocking conclusion, I took the Sharp-end of my staff, piercing the demons chest.
 
Even though killing the monster would not bring my father back to us, I had lived up to Father's word and defended my siblings.
 
We managed to build a bonfire, and cook the demon's remains. We ate the Demon like a wild boar regardless of the horrid taste.
 
We were back to our full strength, and I decided since Father was gone, and they need it badly. I began to train my siblings.
 
Teaching them all that I had learned from our Father. Pretty soon, we all had mastered the final and most important part of the Ninja.
 
Nothing was strong enough to stand in our way.
 
* * *
 
For Ten long years, we wandered across Japan, Killing other evil Demons and eating them as refuge… we even got used to their tastes.
 
One day however… As I was returning to our campsite with Firewood, I heard the sound of a Woman screaming.
 
I dropped the wood, and ran towards the sound. There, I saw a young woman with long black hair, wearing a red and white kimono.
 
She also had a small bow, and quiver of arrows on her back, she fired all the arrows at a Demon, who had her cornered.
 
I quickly whistled for my siblings, and they came rushing into battle with their weapons at the ready.
 
The woman's arrows, though magical, were not strong enough to put a dent in the Demon's skin.
 
The Demon licked his lips, and dove straight for her, when suddenly we ambushed him.
 
While my siblings dealt with the Demon, I tended to the young woman. I also noticed how she kept staring into my eyes in a strange way.
 
I saw that she had a cut on her arm, so I ripped off a small piece of my Black Ninja robes and bandaged it up.
 
The young woman blushed, “Thank you.” She said in a rather soft tender voice. I was about to rush over to the battle field, but had no need.
 
My siblings had already defeated the monster, and cut him down to caring side. “Big brother, we have fought well.” Said Mitzu bowing to me.
 
Her writs blades shined brightly in the setting sun, as did her Pink Ninja suit. My brother who wore a Yellow Ninja suit also bowed, and sheathed his Nun-Chucks.
 
“We have capture our dinner, now we must depart.” He said. As we picked up our dinner and walked away.
 
“Wait…” cried the young woman reaching out to me only. “Who are all of you?” she asked.
 
I turned to her and said “That is of no importance to you.” I gently removed her hand from my arm.
 
And just then, we saw hundreds of men from another village running toward the woman. “NINJA….VANISH!!!” I cried.
 
We were gone in a flash, leaving the woman still staring at the spot where I was standing. “That man, was so generous to me.” She thought.
* * *
 
The very next day, in the midst of our travels, My siblings and I came across another village that was being attack by a group of bandits.
 
We saw no other option, but to help the villagers.
 
We wasted no effort in driving the villagers out of town before they could do anymore damage, or kill someone.
 
We tried to leave, but the Villagers surrounded us, and took us into the village as their guests of honor.
 
While it was true that we preferred to remain scarce from the outside world, we also desired to have at least one night of living a normal life.
 
Sleeping in beds instead of, meditating on the ground around a campfire, and eating a balanced meal instead of wild Demons.
 
* * *
 
The next day, we tried to depart, but the guars at the front gate would not let us pass. The urge to battle was tempting to my siblings, but I suggested that we speak to the head of the village.
 
It was also very fortunate that the leader had summoned us right away, so we did not need to make any excuses.
 
“You are to meet with our leader tonight at the shrine.” Said the young man. “You must on time, for the Priestess-Kikyo does not like o be kept waiting.”
 
A Priestess, as head of the village? That seemed to be quite unexpected, still, we went off to prepare for our meeting.
 
* * *
 
That night, as instructed, we stood outside of the village shrine. My little brother wanted to take a peek at what was inside the small hut.
But before he could put his hands on the door, as if from out of nowhere, and arrow had shot near his arm.
 
We turned round, and to our surprise it was the exact same young woman from yesterday. The one we helped.
 
“What business do you have with the Sheikon-Jewel!” she said. “Step down from the temple at once.”
 
My little brother did as was told. “What business did you have in shooting that arrow.” He snapped at her.
 
“We were told to meet the Head of this village here tonight.” Said Mitstu, “The Priestess they call, Kikyo.”
 
“So tell us, why have you come here?” asked Omaru. The young woman laughed. “I'm surprised that you haven't figured it out by now.” she said.
 
“I am the Priestess Kikyo!”
 
My siblings stood with their mouths hanging open, “You are?!” said Mitsu. “I do not believe you!” added Omaru.
 
“Wait…” I said stepping forward. “She is not fibbing!” I stepped towards her. “I had a feeling that were a Shrine Priestess.”
 
“Your arrows glow with a sacred light that I have read about in the scrolls. It was said that only Shrine-Guardians have such a power.”
 
“You appear to be smart… for a Ninja.” Said Kikyo. I could help but notice the twinkle in her eyes.
 
We told Kikyo about who we were, and how we had come here to her village.
 
Finally, we told her that we wished to leave the Village, but Kikyo had made it quite clear that she did not want us leaving.
 
She told us about the Sacred-Jewel of the Four-souls, and how guarding it had become quite a chore for her.
 
For years she had been searching for others who have the power to fight off enemies… and we seemed to be who she was looking for.
 
She offered to have us treated as first class guests in her village, if we were to consider working with her, in protecting the jewel.
 
After much time of deep thought, we graciously accepted the offer. It had been 10 long years since we lived properly again.
 
Finally, after all this time, people were starting to accept us for whom we were. Everything was going to be alright.
 
* * *
 
After our first week of hard work defending the Jewel from thieves, and Demons, we were starting to feel important in life.
 
However, throughout most of that time, Kikyo seemed to always be trying to get my attention…. But as to why, I did not know.
 
She had been acting quite peculiar towards me ever since I met her in the woods.
 
She had given me extra servings of food, more comfortable bed sheets, and started at me through the trees while I meditated.
 
And every time we spoke face to face, she always seemed to get a little red around her cheeks.
 
After a long time of anticipation, Kikyo did not have to tell me why she was so generous towards me… it was that obvious.
 
She had fallen in love with!
 
One night, she had scheduled us to meet alone by the shrine of the jewel. I expected her to blurt out her feelings for me.
 
But all she seemed to ask was… “Hikaru… tell me plain and simple!…What do you think of me?”
 
Although it was a surprise, I focused on the question. “Well, you are a very unique woman, Kikyo. Unlike many of the others I ever met.” I said.
 
Kikyo turned away and said, “Alas, but I not really an ordinary woman. My duty as a Priestess is to protect the jewel.”
 
Kikyo continued on about how her duties prevented her from living a normal life style.
 
But as our conversation ended, she did manage to confess her feelings toward me… She was in love with me.
 
Not because of my Ninja-skills, but because I only fought for what was right, and aided those who needed it most.
 
Of all the men whom Kikyo had met, I was by far and wide, the most unique of them all.
 
* * *
 
Kikyo was a very beautiful and delightful woman in my eyes. However, I never would expect something Kikyo would say.
 
Once again, we met outside the shrine at night, and Kikyo asked d me… “Hikaru, how would you feel if you and I were to marry?”
 
That was rather a shock, I never thought of marriage before. Father and mother never did teach me or my siblings too much about it.
 
Well… Kikyo was very pretty, and strong-hearted and in mind. That was a Ninja's most important, and final phase of training.
 
However, there was one little problem with Kikyo's idea. I told her, that if I were to marry her, I would have less and less time to look after my siblings.
 
Ever since our Father was killed, and our village destroyed, I swore on my Father's last wishes to look after Mitsu and Omaru.
 
And for all the time we spent during our travels, I took good care of my siblings, and watched over them, as a big brother should.
 
I couldn't not just leave them like that when are not prepared to tackle life's obstacles without me.
 
“I am sorry, Kikyo, but I'm afraid I must decline. Perhaps when my siblings are fully prepared for life's adventures… maybe then I will consider it.”
 
Then I started home…
 
Kikyo was smiling wickedly. “So, It's your siblings you're worried about!” she thought, “I just might be able to ensure their safety!”
 
* * *
 
The next day, Kikyo had summoned me to and old abandoned shrine deep in the forest bear the village.
 
Inside, there was only a two sheets that appeared to be covering something strange, and large stone door in between them.
 
Suddenly, I was Ambushed by armed men, and there was far too many for me to fight off alone. I yelled for my siblings, but they did not arrive.
 
Suddenly, the men had me beaten, and threw me to the ground. Right in front of Kikyo.
 
“Welcome, Hikaru!” she said sinisterly. Then she pulled the blankets down revealing to solid stone statues.
 
There was no mistaking about it, those statues were indeed my siblings, turned into stone.
 
“Kikyo! You're a monster! What have you done to my siblings?” I cried while struggling.
 
“I have taken the pleasure of taken care of your siblings, so they will no longer be a bothersome to you.”
 
“YOU DID THIS?!” I wretched out of the guards grips, and lunged straight at Kikyo.
 
Little did I know that there was more to her powers than just sacred arrows. The moment her hands had touched me, she shocked me like an electric eel.
 
“Now then, Hikaru. I will ask you one last time… do you accept my hand in marriage, or are you foolish to refuse.”
 
Obviously, I had refused her hand.
 
“Very well, then, you leave me no choice!” she turned to the stone doors behind her and opened them wide.
 
Then she grabbed onto me again and shocked me. This time, I was transformed into energy, and the tomb behind her was glowing with a dark light.
 
My smoky body began swirling through the air as Kikyo waved her hand, and suddenly I flew into the tomb.
 
She then shut the tomb, and placed a sacred-charm on the doors. A Spell that only she could remove, so only she could re-open the tomb, and release me from…Wherever I was.
 
* * *
 
When had awoken, I was no longer in the world I was in before. Everything around me was very different.
 
The sky was all black, blue, and purple. The sand around me was also purple and stretched out further than the eye could see. Even the mist itself was purple.
“Where…am I?” I cried. Suddenly I remembered everything, “Mitsu… Omaru!…Kikyo beware!!!”
 
I picked up my staff and started off. However I hadn't in the slightest mind of where I was going.
 
As I continued to walk for what seemed like endless hours, I realized that I was neither Hungry or Sleepy.
 
What was all this? Nobody… not even Demons could live without rest or nourishment.
 
Suddenly, I heard a faint growling sound. I assumed it was my stomach, but then the noise seemed to be getting louder as if something was coming my way.
 
I hid myself behind a black stone, and looked over the hills, then I saw what it was.
 
“What!?...Monsters?!... REAL MONSTERS!!!”
 
They were everywhere. I had never seen anything like these creatures before.
 
Some looked like humans, some looked half-human half-monster, and the rest all took on weird shapes and combinations.
 
They seemed to be heading towards me. Quick as lightning, I ran for my life, but the sandy hills slowed me down.
 
My Ninja-shoes were not made for running in the sand. Seeing as how there was no way out, I decided to fight.
 
I took no prisoners and showed no mercy. I knocked each monster down like trees…but then, they seemed to regenerate and come right back at me.
 
I fought again, only to have the same result. Every time I destroyed the beasts, they were back on my trail in an instant.
 
Suddenly, one of the monsters fired an energy attack at me yelling… “DARK-MAGIC ATTACK!!!”
 
The force of the magic was so strong, that it cut a very large gash into my hand, and up my arm.
 
I was bleeding very badly, but I was still strong enough to fight off the monster in the Purple robes, who fired the attack at me.
 
I did manage to hurt him again, but I collapsed onto his bleeding body, as to get up, I stuck my gashed hand right into the monsters blood.
 
Suddenly, I felt all strange inside, as if my body was being charged up by some magical energy.
 
When all was done, not only had my strength returned, but the monster I faced did not revive.
 
Instead, there was a small card where the monster was. I picked it up and gasped… there…on the card… the monster.
 
Suddenly, the card started glowing in my hand, and then in front of me was an image of that monster.
 
“Young fighter… you have done well to defeat me!” he said. Did he just talk to me?
 
“I seek answers!” I yelled at the monster. “What's going on here? Where am I? and Who or what are you?”
 
The monster told me…
 
“This is not the world in which you came from. This is the Monster Shadow-Realm!”
 
“This is where the spirits of the most dangerous demons of all time… THE DUEL MONSTERS… are sent to when they are destroyed.”
 
“I am the Dark-magician and I am among these beasts. You cannot destroy any of the creatures you meet in here.”
 
“For they are the souls of the dead. They cannot be destroyed. They can however be absorbed by you, as you are still alive.”
 
“By absorbing my blood into your wound, you absorbed all that I was, and all that I possess.”
 
“You can now use every ability that I had… and there are many others like me with different powers.”
 
“However… If we manage to destroy you, you shall forever remain here… never to return to your world.”
 
“And each time you destroy one of us, we will just regenerate as we are dead… but when absorbed. We shall remain with you… inside these cards.”
 
“Remember that young warrior…REMEMBER!”… The creature then vanished, leaving me with the answers that I wanted.
 
The Shadow-realm… it was a land of the Afterlife. Which meant I would not change in age or strength… TIME IS FROZEN!
 
And all these creatures were wandering corpses who couldn't be killed… only absorbed.
 
I raised my arm, and sure enough I fired the Dark-magic attack just like the Dark magician had told me.
 
And there was many other monsters and spells that I could absorb as well…Hmm?!
 
* * *
 
As the Years went by, I had grown much stronger than before, but I was also changing…
 
My muscles were bulging outward, and I also learned how to use not only monster attacks… MONSTER-QUALITES… MAGIC-SPELLS…TRAP-SPELLS.
 
“YES…I CAN FEEL IT NOW!!!” I roared. “THE POWER OF EVERY MONSTER PULSATING THROGH MY VEINS!!!!”
 
“Once I escape from this realm… WATCH OUT KIKYO!!! BAH HA…HA…HA…HA…HA…HA…HA!!!
 
There was only one problem to that! I had recently learned that Kikyo had been murdered…she was gone!
 
And because only she had the power to open the Shadow-tomb and release me… all hope seemed lost.
 
 
* * *
 
Fifty years later…
 
So much had happened to me this Half-century in captivity. I even lost my left eye in battle.
 
However, I cam across a treasure known as the eye of truth, which was now a replacement…and there was more to it than that!
 
I was ready.
 
I had changed my outfit. It now composed of purple tights. Black cape, mask with cat ears, gloves, and boots.
 
There was even a drawing of a sword in a stone on my chest, and my staff was now red, with a ball and spike at the top, with two dragon wings on the sides.
 
If only I could escape the Shadow-Realm, but it was fortunate for me that I would not have had to wait very long for that.
 
For my wish to escape would soon be granted…And so…OUR STORY BEGINS!
 
 
INUYASHA…ENTER THE SHADOW-REALM