InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ The Rose of Death ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

God, it's hard trying to switch between first and third POVs. Don't try it. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You!
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
 
Chapter 3- Rose of Death
 
Hotaru bit her lip and looked up. They were at Rei's temple and having some sort of anniversary. But as she had a big test when she got back to school on Sunday so she had asked for Ami's help. So here they were sitting at the table studying while the rest of the scouts ran around finishing having everything ready. She'd asked Ami if she minded and the ice scout had merely said that she preferred books over parties. Plus the two of them had gotten close lately through study sessions and just plain being who they were. The quietist, most secluded people on the team. It reminded who of someone but the face was blurry in her head and she couldn't grasp the name. “Hotaru, are you listening?”
 
She turned toward the voice and smiled slightly at Ami. She nodded and looked down at the books. After a minute Ami followed suit and they continued where they had left off. A few minutes in an image floated through Hotaru's head, one of a young teenaged redhead, probably 14 or 15. She was looking down at her, indicating the redhead was taller, and her black eyes held sort of a motherly warmth to them. She blinked and shook her head. “Hotaru?” Ami called. “Listen; if you're not going to pay attention then I'm not going to bother trying to help you.”
 
Hotaru looked over and smiled apologetically at the bluenette. “Sorry Ami. Where were we?” she asked and looked down at the math books and notepads. Even as she did another image entered her head. This time it was one of another teenaged girl but with long black hair and bright blue eyes. Groaning she reached a hand up and rubbed her temple. Ami looked over at her and shifted in her chair to fully face the girl. “Hotaru are you okay?”
 
Hotaru winced lightly. “No not really. I'm not feeling well.” Yeah, the same way she hadn't been feeling good since Galaxia. Ever since she had been brought back to life at the end of the battle weird images had been popping into her head. She stood slowly, keeping her eyes on the woman still sitting at the table. “I think I'll just head home. Can you tell Usagi-san that I'm sorry?” Ami nodded, watching as the girl turned and headed for the door.
 
Hotaru closed the door behind her and leaned against it, breathing deeply. `What's wrong with me? Why do I have to see these things?' she closed her eyes and tried to call the images forward but they slipped through her fingers, only appearing at times when she didn't want them. She sighed and pushed off the door taking but a few steps before another image pushed into her head, this one completely overwhelming her.
 
I whirled around at the sound of the scream, my eyes widening in shock. Grey was being held by her hair by one of those stupid goons that the Spirit World sent. I watched as the man grabbed her chin and tilted her face up, a sadistic gleam in his eyes. I realized a second to late what he was going to do. I started running toward the girl but I didn't make, watching as he pushed her head to one side then jerking it to the other. I stopped as she fell, her eyes dull and lifeless. She hit the ground and didn't move again, her neck twisted at an odd angle. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground, a scream tearing itself from my throat.
 
“AHHHHH!”
 
“Hotaru! Hotaru, what's wrong?!”
 
Hotaru paused, her throat feeling raw and her knees rough. She slowly slid her eyes open and found herself looking down at a very close ground. She was kneeling on the ground, her hands jammed over her ears, and tears pushing at her eyes. Slowly she brought her hands down and looked up to see Haruka kneeling in front of her, worry in her eyes. She turned her head, looking around herself to see everyone gathered around her. “Wh-what happened?”
 
Haruka stared at her for a minute before speaking. “You screamed. We'd thought something was attacking.” Hotaru smiled lightly. “I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling well.” Haruka frowned and reached out, placing a delicate hand on the girl's forehead. Purple eyes widened as the action pulled out another picture. The redhead stood in front off her again, although this time she had one hand on her shoulder and the other on her forehead.
 
She didn't think about it, just raised her hand, and slapped Haruka's hand away. The blonde blinked as in one quick motion Hotaru pushed herself up and ran away. “Hotaru!” Michiru shouted, reaching a hand out to stop her. “Let her go.” Everyone turned to she Haruka slowly rising to her feet. “We'll talk to her later.”
 
Hotaru laid on her bed, staring dully up at her ceiling as she listened to the knocking on her door. “Hotaru please, open the door!” Michiru shouted, worry in her voice. Hotaru didn't even blink at the pleading. The image, memory was the only thing she could think of, from before was stuck in her head, replaying the scene of the girl's neck getting snapped and the terror that filled her. When she snapped out of her daze she noticed that pounding had stopped and Setsuna was talking, her voice soft and quite. “Hotaru, if you ever need to talk, I'll be waiting at the Gates.”
Hotaru's eyes flickered over to the door as the older woman's footsteps faded away. The Space-Time Gates. Time… if these really were memories then Setsuna could help her.
 
Even then it took her an hour to actually get up and go. She walked slowly through the mist, giving herself the option of turning around. She sighed, really, what was she doing here? “Setsuna-mama?” she called and a moment later the mist cleared and Sailor Pluto walked over to her.
 
She kneeled down in front of the girl, a soft smile on her face. “What brings you here, Hotaru?” The senshi of death looked down, stumbling for her words. “I, um, ah…” she paused for a moment and looked at Pluto. “ I need your help.” See, that wasn't so hard. Mentally Hotaru congratulated herself. She looked back up to see Pluto staring at her in confusion. “Lately I've been having these hallucinations. These vivid images of people I've never met and places I've never been to. At first it was just pictures, like photographs. It was slightly disturbing but the images were always nice. But now…” she trailed off, realizing that she had started to rant and walk away. She stopped and turned back to Pluto. “Does this have anything to do with the incident at Rei's temple?”
 
Hotaru nodded. “I…I think they're memories.” She whispered. Pluto blinked, “Of the Silver Millennium?” Hotaru shock her head. “I know my only lifetimes should be of when I was in the Silver Millennium and now but… it's the only thing that makes sense. And…I was hoping that you'd let me use the Time Gate to see that lifetime.”
 
When Pluto made a move to object she whispered, “Or I'm forced to learn it the hard way.” Pluto stopped then sighed and raised her staff. To her left a door swung up, revealing a mix in colors. “Don't take to long.” Smiling Hotaru turned and walked through the doors.
 
I stared at the girl, my arms looped behind by head. It was interesting, we looked a lot alike. Except I wasn't depressed. But still I liked her, I don't know why but I wanted this girl to say yes. She should come with us, that's what I thought. She just seems to fit in the little group. Slowly the girl looked up at Black. “Okay. I'll do it.” A smile crossed my face.
 
This wasn't good. That's all I had to say. We were surrounded, cut off from each other and Black could barely move. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something grab onto Blue's foot and explode. When she pulled away, the wound turned a weird purplish color, she'd been poisoned.
I whirled around at the sound of the scream, my eyes widening in shock. Grey was being held by her hair by one of those stupid goons that the Spirit World sent. I watched as the man grabbed her chin and tilted her face up, a sadistic gleam in his eyes. I realized a second to late what he was going to do. I started running toward the girl but I didn't make, watching as he pushed her head to one side then jerking it to the other. I stopped as she fell, her eyes dull and lifeless. She hit the ground and didn't move again, her neck twisted at an odd angle. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground, a scream tearing itself from my throat. “Grey!”
 
Something hit me in the back of the head and I fell forward. I immediately scrambled to my feet only to have someone grab my arm. My eyes narrowed and lightning coursed up the guy's arm. He pulled back but the momentary distraction was a moment to late. Someone ran up behind me and grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around. Something was pushed through my stomach and I didn't even have time to gasp as the tip hit my heart. The blade was pulled out of me, the last sensation I knew. I never even hit the ground.
 
Hotaru choked, stepping out of the portal. Pluto grabbed my arm and held me for a minute. “I was afraid of this. Your mind isn't used to living an entire lifetime in a few minutes. You're lucky your brain didn't shut down on you.” Hotaru nodded and struggled to her feet. “I suggest you go home and lay down, try to get some rest before taking a good look at those memories of yours.” Hotaru nodded and let Pluto take her home.