InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Familiar Faces ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 16- Familiar Faces
 
Hotaru frowned, “I don't get it.” Keiko sighed and shook her head. “Because my demon side has completely reawakened I now have too forms. One's the human, how I looked before my memories resurfaced. The other is the demon, basically, I look like Black. I can't change my demon form but I can manipulate the human one. I think I'll wait for my energy to settle down first.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, staring at the doe brown eyes. “Okay…” she trailed off and looked around. “Hey, has anyone seen Tomoyo?” Everyone in the hut, the three girls, Kaede, and Shippo, looked around but couldn't find the Telepath. “She went to the river to collect water for tonight's dinner.” Kikyo said as she walked in. Keiko nodded and turned her attention back to the group. “It's a little old though. We've been here three days and there's no sign of anyone from the Reikai.” Kagome leaned back, lying across the floor. “They probably have to find out what time we ran off too. They can't use the well; it won't let anyone though without my permission.”
 
Kagome frowned and sat up, staring at the door. Keiko tilted her head to the side. “What's wrong?” she asked. `Please don't let it be Spirit World.' Kagome stood, the frown deepening. “That aura, it's…” She trailed off, tipping her head up. Slowly a smile spread across her face. “Sesshomaru.”
 
Kikyo looked over at the girl. “Oh yes. He sent word that he'd be here.” Kagome nodded and watched with a smile as Sesshomaru walked though the door. “It's been awhile.” She called. She giggled slightly when his head snapped up to stare at her. Rin walked inside, took one look at her, and tackled her. Kagome let herself fall backwards, her arms wrapping around the small frame. “Hey Rin.” She whispered, running a hand though the girl's black hair. She sat up and looked over at Sesshomaru with a cheeky grin. “I'm back.” She whispered. He nodded slowly, “When?” Kagome shrugged, “About three days ago.” Rin scurried off her lap and ran to the other two girls, allowing Kagome to stand.
 
She walked over to him, a glint in her eyes. “You looked surprised. I would have thought you'd pick up on my scent.” Sesshomaru walked in, shrugging slightly. “I did. Your scent changed.” Kagome frowned and followed him over to the girls sitting against the wall. “Inuyasha never said anything.” Sesshomaru snorted slightly. “Like he has the brains to do anything.”
 
Keiko smiled at him as he sat down. “I'm Keiko, a friend of Kagome's. It's a pleasure to meet you.” She held out her hand. Sesshomaru frowned but accepted it. His frown deepened as he let go. `This girl…is practically overflowing with raw power.' Keiko smiled and motioned to the girl next to her. “This is Hotaru. We've got another girl around her somewhere. Her names Tomoyo.” Sesshomaru nodded and stood. He'd sensed an odd and familiar power when he'd walked into the village and he wanted to find it.
 
Tomoyo sighed and played gently with the water in her hands, not even bothering to look up as someone walked up behind her. “Hello Sesshomaru.” Sesshomaru looked down at her. “Aoitsuki.” He whispered. She grinned and let the water flow between her fingers. “It's Tomoyo now.” Sesshomaru arched an eyebrow. “You're with Kagome?” Tomoyo stood and turned to face him with a smile on her face. “Yep!”
 
He frowned again. “But your human.” He whispered. Tomoyo grinned and spun in a circle. “You like?” He smirked, “So that's why your aura was off. I take it, this isn't your time.” Tomoyo shook her head and looked back at the water, sadness entering her eyes. “Is it true? The east is neutral?” he nodded. “Plans are already being made.” Tomoyo bit her lip. “They must hate me.” She whispered.
 
Before Sesshomaru could respond Kagome walked over. “I see you've found Tomoyo.” She said and turned towards the girl. “Does it really take this long to get water?” she blushed and grabbed the bucket. “Sorry.” She whispered, brushing past them. Kagome frowned and looked up at Sesshomaru. “Is everything okay?” He nodded slightly. “Yeah.”
 
Tomoyo took a deep breath and walked into the hut. “Hey.” She called. Someone answered back but she wasn't sure who. She placed the water down by Kikyo and walked over to the girls. Another girl that she didn't recognize was sitting by them. She sat down and smiled at the girl. “Who are you?” She watched as the girl's head snapped towards her and a smile spread across her face. “Rin's name is Rin. Rin thinks your very pretty.” Tomoyo blushed and looked down. “Thank you Rin. My names Tomoyo. Your pretty too.” The girl grinned and moved to sit in her lap. Tomoyo sighed but let her.
 
Kagome walked in, her face pale. Slowly she set herself down next to them. “Tomoyo did you say anything about us being demons to Sesshomaru?” Tomoyo frowned, `He figured out who I was with a mere glance but I told him I was human now.' “No I don't think so, why?” Kagome paled even more. “Because I think he suspects.” Tomoyo paled. `But he's very smart.' She thought.
 
Later that night everyone sat around the fire eating dinner. It wasn't until everyone was done that Sesshomaru spoke up, staring straight at Kagome. “You're a demon aren't you?” The room stilled, staring at Taiyoukai in shock. Kagome froze, paling again. `Um, guys. Help!' Keiko sighed and nodded. “Hai, all four of us.”
 
Inuyasha reeled on her. “That's impossible. Your scents human, you look human, everything in you is human.” Kikyo bit her lip. “I must agree. Kagome's a Miko, not a demon.” Keiko sighed and stood; as she did she switched to her demon form. Before anyone knew what was happening Keiko was behind Kikyo, one hand wrapped gently around her throat. “Then the gods have a sick sense of humor. Kagome is a demon.” Her power's gathered around her hands, ice tightening around Kikyo's throat.
 
Kagome sighed. “Black, you've made you point.” Coal black eyes flickered up and she shrugged, releasing the girl and appearing next to Kagome. As she sat down her power reeled in, moving her back to her human form. Keiko groaned, rolling one shoulder. She cracked open one doe brown eye to stare at them and shrugged. “We're demons trapped in human bodies. It's a long complicated story but basically we were demons in a past life, got killed, reborn as humans, and after awhile our memories came back.” Kikyo frowned. “You said you were trapped in human bodies. So how did you turn demon just now?” Kagome answered this time. “It's a spell. Our powers were locked inside us and we undid the seal. We got our powers back but Keiko here is the only one to completely reawaken. It will take awhile for the rest of us to be able to freely move between our forms.”
 
Sesshomaru arched an eyebrow. “I highly doubt the spell to undo a seal like that is just lying around.” Kagome winced, “Um no, not exactly.” Hotaru rolled her eyes. “We stole it.” She stated flat out. Inuyasha's eyes widened and he tried to get his mouth to work. Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed. “From where?” Kagome, who was glaring at Hotaru, ground out, “From the Reikai.” He blinked, “Okay…”
 
Inuyasha gulped, finding his voice again. “Does this have anything to do with why you're here?” Tomoyo blinked and sighed. “Enma decided we're too dangerous. We're all at the top of his most wanted list.” Sesshomaru frowned, “All of you?” Tomoyo looked over at him and smiled, “Hai, all of us.” Sesshomaru's frowned deepened and he looked like he was going to say something when Tomoyo shook her head. “It's only a matter of time before they come after us.” The room turned quiet for a minute before Inuyasha looked up at them. “If you plan to fight them then I'll be right there with you.” Everyone else nodded in agreement. Kagome smiled, “Thanks, everyone.”