InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Following After ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry this took so long. Things here... got complicated. But their fixed now. And it's still to short but I can't seem to make it any longer. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 17-Following After
 
Yusuke sighed and stared out at the mountains around him. Hearing footsteps he turned his head and saw Kurama walking towards him slowly. He gave a brief smile. “Hey fox-boy.” The redhead smiled and sat down next to him on the temple stairs. “Because of the situation we were forced to tell Botan about the mission.” He stated, staring dead ahead of him. Dark brown eyes flickered over to him, “How'd she take it?” the smile dimmed. “She refuses to talk to any of us until we do something that doesn't include blowing them up.”
 
Yusuke nodded. “Oh.” He whispered, turning back to stare at the mountains, then… “What do you mean `blow them up'?” he asked, spinning back to face Kurama. The fox nodded. “Blow them up, stab them, poison them, kill them. It's all basically the same.” At Yusuke's disbelieving stare he sighed. “Enma now doubts our ability to capture them alive. Our new orders are to kill them then bring them back.” Yusuke sighed, “How's that going?” Kurama shrugged, “The spell to make a time portal is the easy part. Finding out where-or rather when- they went and returning is the hard part.”
 
Yusuke frowned, “I'd rather there not be a part at all.” Kurama nodded, “I agree, but what can we do?” Yusuke growled in frustration and stood up suddenly. Kurama looked up at him from where he sat, eyes surprised and sad and dark. “Damn it! If it weren't for Enma we wouldn't even be here. We wouldn't be trying to go to the past.” Yusuke huffed and sat down again. “I should just quit.” Kurama blinked and then frowned, an idea putting itself together in his head. One he didn't like.
 
“Yusuke.” Kurama said, tilting his head toward the sky. There was something in his voice, an airy sort-of tone that made Yusuke look over at him. Yusuke had long ago learned that that tone meant the redhead was up to something, something he normally really didn't like. “I think you just gave me an idea.”
 
Hiei stared at the two, just stared. Kuwabara resembled a gaping fish. Genkai was staring at them over the lip of her tea cup, an eyebrow raised. Yukina's eyes were widened and a hand was covering her mouth. Koenma was staring at them with this look on his face that said he thought they'd gone insane. Botan exploded, “Are you crazy?! When I said do something I didn't mean something like that!”
 
Kurama meat her with calm eyes. “You don't have to agree. The only person we need is Koenma. However we could use your help.” Yusuke looked over at Hiei and Kuwabara. “I can't order you to do this.” The two blinked at the serious tone the boy used. “I can't do it without you.” He finished, staring at them with shadowed eyes.
 
The final two Tantei nodded, accepting the plan easily. Koenma stood and stared at the two for what felt like eternity before nodding his consent. “I'll be behind you every step of the way.” Genkai set her tea cup down and looked over at them with grave eyes. “I don't know what help I can be but I will do everything in my power.” Yukina nodded, “As will I.” Botan bit her lip but nodded slowly. “Okay. I still say you're crazy but okay.” The two smiled at them. “Now all we have to do is find them.” Kurama stated, looking over at Koenma. The demi god nodded and walked out. “I'll do it myself.”
 
With the demi god on it, it only took another two days to figure out where they'd gone. Yusuke looked down at Hiei by his side as Koenma and Botan created the portal. “You know what to do?” Red eyes glanced up at him in aggravation. “Yes detective. The same way I've known what to do the last fifty times you asked me that.” Yusuke shrugged as Kurama glanced over at the two with mirth dancing in his green eyes. “You can't blame him Hiei. You're the key to making the first part of our plan work. If you forget we'll all be crop liver in seconds.” Hiei growled. “And because of that little fact I won't be forgetting.”
 
Yusuke shrugged, “Okay, just making sure.” Hiei cursed harshly under his breath about idiotic detectives and manipulating foxes in several different demon dialects and a surprising amount of human ones. Kurama's eyes widened as Hiei traveled into something that sounded faintly Arabic and started to giggle when Hiei moved to Russian. He finally laughed out loud when Hiei started mixing German with Reikai. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked over at the redhead in confusion while Hiei glared up at him, knowing full well that the fox could understand him. “What's so funny? Not exactly the right time to be laughing.” Koenma asked as he came over from finishing the portal.
 
Kurama shook his head, bright red tresses falling over his shoulders. “I just didn't know Hiei knew that many human languages.” Yusuke arched an eyebrow, “You understood that?” Kurama nodded, “Not including my demon dialects I know at least 27 different languages.” The others gapped at him. Kurama shrugged. “What? I have a lot of free time on my hands. Plus I pick things up rather quickly.”
 
Yusuke laughed lightly. “Thanks Kurama. I needed to laugh before I did this.” Kurama smiled but the mirth was gone from his eyes. Koenma looked over at Yusuke. “We'll be at Reikai fixing things for your return. Good luck.” Yusuke nodded. “You too.” Koenma and Botan disappeared into a portal of their own while the Tantei walked into the past. “I just hope pacifier-breath has the right time.” Yusuke muttered as he walked through.