InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Change of Plans ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. What surprises me is that no one asked how Sesshomaru and Tomoyo know each other.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
Tomoyo's Mental Suggestions
 
Chapter 18- Change of Plans
 
Keiko frowned and tilted her head to the side, her brown eyes sliding closed. Slowly, with a grace that she had only just gotten with her demon form, she stood up, her head tilted towards the window in the hut. The other people in the room, everyone actually, as they were eating lunch looked up at her. “Keiko? What's wrong?” Kagome asked, looking concerned.
 
Keiko didn't answer, all of her attention focused on the shift she had just felt. It felt more like a rip than anything. Where was it? Where? Ah, There! By the god tree! A frown marred her face. But that was a time rift, a mere shift in the normal flow of time. It happened all the time so why did this one grab her attention like that? Reiki…a lot of it. That much spirit energy had to be the Reikai. Damn.
 
The change was smooth this time; she slid into her demon form without problem. At the temple the change had been fueled by anger and no small amount of desperation. The time she'd threatened Kikyo had been forced out too quickly, and while she'd never admit to it, it had hurt like hell. This time nothing stopped her, the only thing to tell her she had changed at all was the way her senses got sharper and the feel of the kimono melting away, replaced by the battle-torn shirt and jeans. She opened coal black eyes and stared out the window, pinpointing the tree where the portal was with her eyes. “Their here.” The words were whispered; the only answer the group got because she had pushed herself to her feet and vaulted though the window. When her feet hit the ground she took off running. She slowed to a walk as she reached the forest's edge, her hands reaching out to brush against the plants near her.
 
Yusuke stepped out slowly, looking around at the trees that towered above him. He heard the others come in behind him, their soft footfalls nearly echoing in the deep silence. He frowned, “Something's wrong. It's to quite.” The others nodded, not daring to make a sound. Then Kurama shivered. They looked over at him in concern. Kurama looked slightly pale, his arms wrapped around himself in a protective manner. “It's cold.” He whispered, his voice shaking. Yusuke frowned and was about to mention that it was as hot as hell when the cold seemed to finally attack them. Yusuke immediately wrapped his arms around himself to keep the heat in. A cold voice intoned from their left, calm and eerie, almost deadly. “Hello boys.”
 
They turned to see Keiko, in full demon form, stepping into the clearing. Her hands were outstretched to brush against the plants around her, which had turned to ice. The girl smirked. “I didn't think you were dumb enough to actually follow us.”
 
Kurama frowned and shook his head. “Koenma told us all about it. Because that was your first time back in your demon form the remains of Black's persona took over. That wasn't you we were fighting.” Keiko tilted her head to the side and maintained that all-knowing smile. “Says you. Says Koenma. But not me.” In a second she was in the middle of the clearing, shaking her head. “Come on boys. Lets try this again.” Yusuke bit his lip and looked down at Hiei. “Well?” The demon shook his head. “Their still to far away. And their bringing company.” Yusuke bit his lip, “Any way to stop them?” Hiei nodded.
 
Keiko frowned. “That's enough.” She whispered. She jumped straight up, her arms crossed over her chest. Slowly she spread her arms to the side, thousands of little ice shards appearing. As she started to fall the ice was hurdled at the boys. Their eye's widened and Kurama leaned down, threading his fingers though the short grass. With a burst of power the grass shot up and formed a wall in front of them. The ice hit the wall, freezing it. The wall shattered and Kurama leaned back gasping, “Let's not do that again.”
 
Keiko frowned, “What's wrong boys? Tired? So soon? To bad.” Yusuke looked over at Kuwabara; “Ready?” He nodded and ran at her, drawing his sword. Keiko arched an eyebrow. “Didn't we already do this dance before? I think you lost.” As she pushed him roughly to the side she looked up to see Yusuke's Spirit Gun heading for her.
 
Hotaru frowned, “Faster.” She whispered. Sango looked back at her, “I can't go any faster.” Hotaru, Sango, Shippo, and Miroku were riding Kirara while Inuyasha, carrying Kikyo, and Sesshomaru followed on foot. Kagome and Tomoyo were flying beside them. They arrived at the scene in time to see the Spirit Gun hit Keiko.
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed and flickered blue briefly. Power built up around her and as her eyes once more changed to blue she slid into her demon form. Long black hair was pulled up into a messy bun, curled strands dangling around her face. She was wearing a white tank top under a fish net shirt. Black cargo pants hung around her legs, topped off with high heel black boots. Her nails sharpened and grew into claws, fangs appearing as well. Everyone stared at the girl as she stared down at the cloud of smoke that covered Keiko. The wind that had been flowing around her body suddenly disappeared and she dropped like a rock, Tomoyo, and then Hotaru, following her down. They landed easily on the ground in front of the smoke.
 
The smoke slowly died away and Keiko was shown standing untouched with a coal black barrier surrounding her. When the shield disappeared she turned towards the girls. “Nice of you to drop in.” Blue grinned, “We were in the neighborhood.” With a grin they turned back to face the boys. “Our turn.” They muttered. Yusuke looked over at Hiei. “Don't take to long.” He whispered. Smirking, the demon released the ward on his jagan and let it fall to the ground. Before he did anything he set a barrier up around the clearing so that their friends couldn't get in then raced toward the resident telepath.
 
He brushed against the girl's mental barriers as he attacked her. He wasn't expecting the voice in his head. `What do you think your doing?' He blinked and shrugged, `Looking for a way in.' That wasn't the right answer because the next thing he knew he was flying through the air and hitting the tree. `Telekinetic, right.' He thought as he pushed himself up. `She can rip me to shreds with her mind.' He rushed back at her. `I need you to call off your friends.' She snorted. `Yeah right. So you can capture us more easily.' Hiei tilted his head to the side. `There's been a change of plans.' Tomoyo arched an eyebrow, `Right. And Enma just agreed with these changes.' Hiei smirked. `Let's just say, Enma doesn't know.' Tomoyo arched an eyebrow and jumped back, falling into a relaxed stance. `If you're lying to me I'll skin you alive.'
 
The next minute her voice rang through everyone's head. Stop It! It was as if they were the puppets and she was conductor and when she said stop, they stopped. Growling, Keiko turned towards Tomoyo. “What do you think your doing?” Tomoyo shrugged and looked back at Hiei. “So what's this plan?”
 
It was Yusuke who answered, his voice echoing through the clearing. “We overthrow Enma.” The girls stared at them. Slowly Keiko and Kagome returned to their human forms. “That's your plan? Do you know how much trouble you'll get in? Even if you succeed, you'll be forced into a war with the Makai.” Yusuke growled. “Kurama it's your plan. You explain it.” The redhead sighed and stepped forward. “We don't overthrow him. We merely forcefully ask him to step down.” When he finished there was this sickening sweet smile on his face. Keiko arched an eyebrow. “I'm listening.”