InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Apologies ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sorry this took so long. School has started so my updates will be slower. Sorry. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. What surprises me is that no one asked how Sesshomaru and Tomoyo know each other.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 19- Apologies
 
Tomoyo leaned down, running her hands through the water. “I don't want to do this. But I don't have any other choice. I'm the final piece, they need me.” Tomoyo let out a cruel laugh, “But when has that ever stopped me.” She leaned back, falling against the grass. “I can just hope they forgive me.”
 
Hotaru pushed her way through the thick underbrush, slipping into the clearing. She looked around, noticing Kurama leaning against the tree trunk. “Hey.” She whispered, sitting down next to him. He nodded lightly, staring up at the leaves. “Say hello Hiei.” A small grunt echoed down to them. Hotaru took a deep breath, “I'm sorry.” The two boys froze, turning to stare at the girl. “S-sorry?” Kurama choked out.
 
Hotaru nodded, “I've been so cruel to the both of you and your doing all this to protect us. I thought an apology was in order.” Kurama blinked, Hiei growled. “Just don't do it again.” Hotaru nodded. “Okay.” She turned and left. Kurama smiled, “Your going to miss her teasing you, aren't you?” Hiei frowned. “From the minute I met her all I wanted was for her to shut up. Now I really don't know why.” Kurama nodded, “We work so hard for something only to not want it when we get it. It's a human thing.”
 
Keiko looked up. “You know that's Inuyasha's hiding spot?” Yusuke jumped down, “Yeah I know.” Keiko smiled and sat down, leaning against the hard bark of the tree. “Thank you. And I'm sorry.” Yusuke blinked, “Excuse me?!” Keiko nodded. “What you said, on the roof. You were right; I should have trusted you with the truth. I'm sorry.”
 
Yusuke sighed, “God, Keiko. I'm the one who should apologize. I'm the one who tried to kill you.” Keiko smiled, “Not all that all.” Yusuke grinned as well. “That's true.” Keiko leaned against him. If he was joking with her than they could get over this.
 
Sesshomaru entered the clearing slowly. “Are you sure about this?” He asked of the girl sitting on the well. Dark brown eyes glanced up at him. “Do I have any choice?” He frowned, “No, not really.”
 
Kagome sighed and looked down at her feet. “Will you help us?” He sighed as well. “In every way except actually being there.” Kagome grimaced, “Right, okay.”
 
The next day everyone gathered around the well. Inuyasha stepped forward, “You sure you don't want our help?” Kagome looked back at Keiko who shook her head. “I'm sorry Inuyasha. But once we go back we're going to seal the well. Who ever goes, isn't coming back.” Inuyasha frowned, “Okay.”
 
She smiled at him, “I'm sorry Inuyasha.” He nodded and hugged her briefly before stepping back. “We've already done this. You should hurry.” Kagome winced but nodded and stepped back. Gently she climbed on top the well, clasping hands with Keiko. “Good luck.” She whispered and jumped down.
 
Inuyasha's eyes followed them as the others followed the two girls. “Good luck.” He whispered. Kikyo looked up at him. “I'm sure she'll do fine.” He nodded, “Yeah.”
 
Keiko reached down and helped pull Hotaru out of the well. She looked around, shaking her head. “Come on, it's a bit crowded.” Slowly they all walked out of the hut, stopping to stare at the group that was waiting for them. Genkai, Yukina, Botan, and Koenma were all standing in front of them. Koenma smiled, “Welcome back.”