InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ One More Secret ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. What surprises me is that no one asked how Sesshomaru and Tomoyo know each other.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 20- One More Secret
 
Keiko gave him a sour look. “Yusuke, tell me your joking?” Yusuke shot her a glance, “Well, how did you expect to get in? Have them open the doors for us?” Kurama looked up. “It's how I got in.” Tomoyo raised an eyebrow, “I don't think I want too know. It's how we got in as well.” She whispered, sending a pointed look at Botan. “Even though they didn't know it at the time.” The ferry guide blinked.
 
Yusuke sighed, “I still think we should just blow up the front door.” Keiko shook her head, “None of our powers combined could do that. Idiot.” Hiei looked over at her. “You do know they expect us to bring you back dead, right?” Hotaru turned to him with a grin. “You do know we can change how we look, right?” As if to prove her point she shook her head and long blue hair replaced the black strands. When she opened her eyes they were a bright pink. Botan blinked her own bright pink eyes, “That's creepy. Don't do that.” Hotaru giggled and fluctuated her aura, her appearance returning to normal. Yusuke grumbled, “But I liked the blowing up the door idea.” Keiko nodded empathetically. “I know you did Yusuke. I know you did.”
 
Botan bit her lip and looked back at them, “You sure?” The blonde beside her nodded and Keiko's voice echoed out. “Yes, do it.” Botan took a deep breath and pushed the button. “This is Botan here. I've got representatives from the western lands of the Makai and the Reikai Tantei with me.” A few minutes later the door swung open. The brunette beside her nodded and Kagome's voiced whispered, “Good job.”
 
They moved swiftly down the halls, trying their hardest not to be seen. They stopped outside the door to the office that you needed to walk through to get to Koenma's office. Yusuke bit his lip, “Now what?” Keiko frowned and reverted back to the chestnut-haired, chocolate-eyed human form she seemed to like. The other three girls followed her. Keiko turned and braced herself against the door, staring hard at the girls. Kagome and Hotaru suddenly made an odd choking sound while Tomoyo smiled. “I like it.”
 
Keiko nodded and pushed off the door. “Yusuke, you know how you wanted to blow up the front door?” Yusuke nodded slowly. Keiko nodded and jerked a thumb at the door behind her. “You can blow that one up.” Yusuke suddenly grinned, “Really?” At Keiko's nod he raised his hand and fired the Spirit Gun. The door blew apart this an amazing boom.
 
Keiko stepped forward and onto the rumble, staring at the shell-shocked room. She grinned, “Hi.” Her stated cheerfully and raised her hands. The spell incased the entire room and everyone stopped. “They aren't frozen.” She answered before anyone had a chance to ask. “They're merely slowed down. One second for every one of our minutes. It only works on the people in this room and won't effect anyone who steps into the room. Let's go.”
 
Keiko pushed open the door to Koenma's office and nodded to him. “Who blew up the door?” He asked as he stepped into the room. “I did!” Yusuke said excitedly. Keiko shook her head, “We'll pay you back. Where's Enma?” Koenma turned and walked away. “This way.”
 
They'd only made it halfway there when the alarm went off. Keiko sighed and snapped her fingers. “No use wasting energy for something that's of no use.” They started to run. About two minutes later Hotaru's eyes widened and she shoved her body into Hiei's, forcing him out off the way. A blight blue blast of Reikai slammed her into the wall. “Hotaru!” Keiko shouted.
 
Hotaru pushed herself out of the hole her body had made, mid-night black hair brushing the small of her back. Neon-purple eyes turned towards the people running towards them. She was dressed in a dark violet shirt, the long sleeves see-through. Her pants were ink black and flared around the battle slippers she was wearing. She raised a hand, now topped off with claws, and pointed at the people. They made an odd choking sound and some fell to their knees. A minute later they were nothing but ash, having burned from the inside out.
 
Hotaru turned around and shifted back to her human form. She placed a hand to her head. “That's dizzying.” Keiko nodded, “I'll explain later, let's go.” As they ran Keiko looked over at Tomoyo, “Looks like you're the only one without your demon form.” Tomoyo gave her a radiant smile. “If that's what you want to believe.” Keiko blinked and gave an unintelligent, “Huh?”
 
Koenma raised his hand, which glowed blue slightly and the door in front off them flew open. They slip to a stop as they entered the room, finding themselves on the end of what looked like a hundred soon-to-be reiki blasts. Tomoyo stepped forward, “Stop!” The people in front of them froze. Tomoyo grinned, “Now make a reverse barrier.” The blasts turned into shields and Tomoyo's grin brightened, “How does drowning sound to you?” This time there was no commanding tone in her voice making them do want she wanted, it was a simply wondering tone. She snapped her fingers and the barrier filled with water. “A reverse barrier keeps things in, not out.” Tomoyo whispered and ran past the trapped men.
 
Koenma stopped in front of a huge door, gently placing his hand on it. Locks clicked open and pushed it open. “Here we are.” He whispered. He entered slowly, almost as if unsure. They followed him in. Koenma looked up at the giant that was his father. “Hello father.” His voice was blank, as was the look on his face. “Koenma, what is the meaning of this?” Enma roared. Koenma tilted his head to the side, keeping his voice carefully blank. “We disagree on some of your polices and have come to kindly ask you to step down.”
 
Enma sneered, “And you would take my place?” Koenma nodded. Enma glanced over all of them, “But none of you have political power.” They blinked up at him. “Some one with political power when a person steppes down. This person can not be the heir. None of you have political power.”
 
“That's where your wrong.” Tomoyo whispered, stepping forward. All eyes snapped to her. She continued walking forward, shifting easily until she was in her demon form. Long black hair flowed to her ankles and an outfit similar to the training outfit she made replaced her current one. Dark lavender eyes looked up at Enma, black bangs falling away to reveal a blue sun on her forehead. “My real name is Aoitsuki. I'm the heir to the throne of the eastern lands of the Makai. That good enough?”