InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Stepping Down ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am very sorry for how short this is. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 21-Stepping Down
 
It was silent, dead silent. It was so silent that you could have heard a pin drop. In the next room. Tomoyo thought she did. No one dared say anything as they stared at the demon girl in front of them.
 
She bit her lip but maintained eye contact with Enma. “You never did bother to figure out who we were.” She whispered. Enma growled, “Aoitsuki's dead. She has been for over 500 years. You're lying.”
 
Tomoyo tilted her head to the side. “I have all correct markings and even the right powers. Telepathy not a every common ability.” When Enma looked like he was going to object she interrupted. “I'm ready to swear the oath of the River Styx.”
 
Both Enma and Koenma paled. “If you take that oath and lie you will die.” Enma stated. “However if I tell the truth then I will be come out unharmed.” Tomoyo finished.
 
Enma frowned, “Do I really dare try and start a war with the Makai by fighting her?” he whispered to himself. He growled, “You win this round boy.” He muttered the spell under his breath. Koenma and he started to glow. After a minute the magic vanished, the only noticeable difference being that the Jr. on Koenma's forehead was gone.
 
Knowing he couldn't stay, Enma gathered his power and teleported away. Koenma sighed and turned to sweep a tired gaze over all of them. “I'm happy to announce that the warrant on you girls has been unofficially removed.” Keiko arched an eyebrow, “Unofficially?” Koenma nodded, “Yes there's a lot of paperwork that needs to be taken care of. Come on.”
 
They moved easily down the hall, no one trying to stop them. Once they got to his office Koenma pulled out a paper from his desk and began writing. “It will take about a day for things to clear up here. I suggest you all go home and rest. There's not much to do now.”
 
So it was those words that the group found themselves trekking up the long stairs to Genkai's temple. The tension was easily visible between the group. Tomoyo was walking slowly; planning out the conversation that she had hopped would never come. Even Yukina, kind as ever, had sensed the discomfort and kept her mouth shut. Once everyone was sitting in one of the rooms, Keiko turned harsh, betrayed eyes on to Tomoyo, making the girl flinch. “Aoitsuki,” the brunette ground out. Tomoyo's eyes fell to the table and she kept her voice light as she spoke. “I'm Lucy and I've got some explaining to do.”
 
Keiko snapped; her power lifting her hair up and eyes turning coal black. “This is no time for games.” Despite her outward appearance Keiko's voice was deadly calm and feather soft; a true sign of how angry she was. Tomoyo looked down, “It's complicated.” At Keiko's snarl she sighed and dropped her gaze. “Make your selves comfortable.” She whispered as she pulled some of her earlier memories to the forefront for the retelling of her past.