InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 22- Explanations
 
Tomoyo's eyes glazed over as she thought, her voice soft as she spoke, a hint of nostalgia coating her tone. “For as long as I can remember I had been given everything I wanted to me from my parents. It was rare for parents to care about their children in demon society so I took what I could, always thankful. And for as long as I can remember my life was planned out for me, every decision made by someone else. I didn't notice for a long, long time. They worked quietly, at first only handling the small things then moving up. By the time they could do anything substantial I was so used to it that I didn't bother objecting.
 
“I guess what snapped me back to reality was when my powers awoke. I couldn't understand at first, didn't know what people meant when they called me `reader', or that I knew things I shouldn't. What brought things in to sharp focus for me was when my parents' thoughts turned to greed, to power. They never did find out I could hear their thoughts. I realized they merely wanted the power, the edge I could give them. I focused then on my studies, learning all I could about my powers, my position, and my land. After awhile I could move things, small at first, no bigger than a set of keys and only at 3 feet away. Then some how I could control people, plant thoughts in their heads, make them do things they never would on a normal occasion. My parents were delighted, already thinking of how to use it.
 
“That's when things got out of hand. War broke out, the south against the east and west, the west against the south and north, the north against the west and south, and the east doing everything it could. I locked my self in my room for weeks on end, waiting for the screams that only I could hear to go away. Two months into the war I was called down to a meeting, and that never meant anything good. It's what cut the last string you could say. My parents had arranged for me to marry the heir to the throne of the northern lands, it was something I had no say in. I later learned that day that they were taking their next step to making me their perfect little weapon. I was to use my position and power to plant the idea into the king's head that he was going to step down early then make the prince hand me the throne. It would put the north under direct control of the east.
 
“I made my decision as I walked out of that room; I wasn't going to be their puppet. I would end the war my way. I staged my own death, you could say. It took all my energy but I convinced everyone in the castle that I was dead; my body burnt to ash, and the south was to blame. The east turned all its forces against them, along with the north because that ruined the supposed alliance and the west as I was a good friend of the royal family. The war ended in a flash, the three countries forming treaties and the south surrounding without terms. And I disappeared, joining the Roses about a month later. The rest is history, as they say.”
 
Everything was surprisingly silent after that, none daring to make a sound. Tomoyo kept her head bowed, long black hair framing her face. “In all essence Aoitsuki is dead, the Grey Rose taking her place, then Tomoyo Daidouji. Once I joined the Roses I had stopped thinking of myself as the heir. This is the first time in over a hundred years I've called myself by that name and I don't plan on having to again.”
 
Keiko slowly looked, chocolate brown eyes shining. Slowly she reached out, wrapping her arms around Tomoyo, keeping the girl tight to her chest. “It's okay.” She whispered. The girl put up a good front, never made a sound. There was no hitch of breath; no shaking in the shoulders to tell them but this girl was good at manipulating so no one was convinced for a moment that beneath her hair the girl wasn't crying. Hotaru leaned her head against Tomoyo's shoulder, her hand resting upon the clenched fist. One of the windows shattered as Tomoyo screamed inside her mind, never making any outward sound, but no one paid it any heed. All their attention was on the girl in front of him.
 
“I'm sorry.” She whispered, her voice neither shaking nor cracking. Keiko nodded, “I know. I know.” Kagome sat down on the couch behind them, one hand tangled in the black strands of Tomoyo's hair. “What now?” Kagome whispered.
 
Keiko smiled, “We start living again. Continue living just like before.” Tomoyo pulled back and smiled. “I can do that. I like being Daidouji Tomoyo.” Hotaru smiled as well before sighing. “Back to Crystal Tokyo.” At everyone's confused look she smiled and brushed it aside. Keiko looked up, “Back to school.”
 
Tomoyo's eyes widened and she jumped to her feet. “Oh no! I just ran out during class! I didn't even say a thing.” She groaned and fell back, throwing one hand over her eyes. “This will take some work.” Kagome laughed. “Good luck. Unlike you I'm not in school.” Keiko turned too cheerful eyes up to her. “Yes, I was planning on fixing that. Come along then.” She stated, grabbing Kagome by the arm and pulling her out of the room.
 
Tomoyo laughed. “I'll take that as our cue to leave. I'll see you all later.” Her and Hotaru walked out. Yusuke's eyes widened, “Oh no.” he whispered. Kurama looked down at him. “What is it?” Yusuke turned shocked eyes towards the redhead. “I just realized. We put Koenma in the position to rule all of Reikai, all of it. Now I'll never get a break from missions.” He groaned and leaned his head back. Kurama laughed. “True, true.” Shaking his head in amusement he left. Hiei left through the window, leaving a groaning Yusuke and an eyed-wide, slack-jawed Kuwabara behind.