Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Story ❯ Kagome goes to Saryashiki Junior High ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Kagome Higurashi looked out of the window of her house and sighed. It was storming like crazy outside and it showed no signs of stopping. The whole house was still and quiet, except for the gentle pit-pat-pit-pat sound of the rain hitting the windows and the occasional, but loud thunder. The lightning flashed as she got up out of bed to get herself some water. She took a quick glance at the clock out of her sleepy eyes. 2:00 in the morning. She couldn't sleep, and she knew exactly why.

She had gotten into a very heated argument with Inu-Yasha earlier that night about why he was always putting that Shikon Jewel above her, and her head was hurting from all that yelling. Just the thought of Inu-Yasha alone made her want to bash his head open.

The storm got a little calmer. Kagome's head hurt so bad she couldn't speak or do anything. Just think. Think about how Inu-Yasha and why he wasn't paying much attention to her lately. Sure, he has demons and other enemies to fight and that rare Shikon Jewel to protect from evil, but that doesn't mean he has to go off and pretend she's not there. And he treated her so bad! Sometimes she wondered when went on in that dog demon's head. Somehow, she fell asleep.

"Kagome! Hurry and get up! I have some great news." she heard a voice say about three or four hours later. It was her mom. Kagome slowly got out of bed, still with the headache from last night. After getting herself ready for the day and eating breakfast, her mom stood up at the table as if she was about to make a very important announcement. And she did.

"Well, I guess I should tell you why I called you all here. I have some
wonderful news."

"I wonder what that could be?" said Kagome, half to herself, and half to her mom, although she really wasn't interested.

"Well," said her mom, straightening her blouse, "I got a new job
downtown, and since that's about an hour from here, we'll have to move further downtown, and Kagome, we'll have transfer you to another school."

Just GREAT! thought Kagome. After all, her head hurt, she was tired, and the last thing she needed was to be transferred to another school. That meant she had to make new friends, find her way through a possibly GIANT school with maze-like hallways and not to mention the bullies!
 
Saryashiki Junior High was known for mean bullies.

Kagome looked at her watch. 6:30. This day couldn't get any worse for her.

Her mom handed her a folded up slip of paper. "It's your bus stop. You have to be there by 7:00 each morning. I think you should get going. After all, you don't want to be late for your first day at Saryashiki Junior High, do you?" her mom chuckled.

Kagome slowly got up and headed out the door. As she did, she unfolded the slip of paper. It said,

West 4th Avenue & Main Street

This was gonna be a long walk.

Meanwhile in downtown Tokyo, Keiko Yukimura was just getting up.

"Oh no!! I'm gonna be late!" She quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed.
It took her about five minutes to get ready for school and walk out the door. Okay, more like run out of the door. It was 6:35. As she passed by the arcade, she suddenly stopped. She thought she heard a voice. Thinking it was just her imagination, she continued walking. Then she heard it again.

"Damn it! I set this game's record for sucking!"

That was no surprise. Yusuke was skipping school...again. It seemed his favorite place was the arcade. Keiko sighed and stormed into the arcade.
Here we go again, she thought.

Kagome, on the other hand, was in a rush. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, which wasn't very fast because she was still sleepy. She was running and running until something stopped her. She stumbled back, and then she heard some glass shatter and a voice say,
"Hey, watch where you're going!" Kagome looked up. She saw three tall, mean-looking boys of about 18 or 19.
All three of them were dressed in blue jeans, white t-shirts, white sneakers and black leather jackets. One had wavy blond hair and blue eyes; one had black hair with brown eyes, who looked very much like Yusuke, except he had longer hair and had it pulled back in a ponytail. He also looked like a younger version of Shizuru's (Kuwabara's big sister) short-term lover Sakyo. Finally, the third one had curly red hair and green eyes. All three of them had bottles of beer in their hands, except the blond.
"Well looky what we got here!" said the red-haired one. "I've never seen her around here before."
Before Kagome could move, the blond boy stepped forward, grabbed by the neck, and threw her to the ground.
"You dirty bitch!" he said. "Look what ya made me do!" He grabbed her by the neck once again, pulled her up, and pointed to the
ground.
Kagome then discovered what that shattering sound was.
She saw a broken beer bottle along with a large brown puddle.
Well someone's aggressive! she thought.
The blond then looked at his friends.
"What do ya think I should do about this, boys?"
The black haired one was in the middle of lighting a cigarette when he looked up and said, "I think you should teach her a lesson."
"Yeah," said the red-haired one. "She made you spill your beer. She
deserves some punishment." He smirked. "Let me go! I DEMAND you to let me go! I won't..." said Kagome, kicking and screaming.
"Shut up, bitch," said the blond boy, throwing her to the ground once again. "I'll teach you to spill my beer!"
"HEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPP!!!"
screamed Kagome.

Meanwhile Kazuma Kuwabara was on his way to the arcade when he heard the scream. He ran towards the sound. He ran about three blocks when he saw Kagome and three boys. The blond boy had her by the neck in one hand and was repeatedly punching her in the face with the other. Kuwabara wasn't about to stand there and do nothing. Hitting girls was against his honor code. Kuwabara didn't know Kagome, but he sure as hell wasn't going to stand there and let her get pulverized. He ran towards them and yelled,

"LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!"

The blond boy looked up. "Who the hell are you?!" he said. "I'm Kazuma Kuwabara, and I won't let you lay another finger on her!" The blond boy was outraged. He dropped Kagome and ran towards Kuwabara. "I don't care who you are! Stay out of my business!!" He jumped up and as he landed he nailed him with a bone-crunching punch in the nose, knocking him down. Kuwabara quickly got up. Blood was streaming down his face but he didn't care. He looked at Kagome. "Stand back," he said in a comforting tone of voice. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt."
Kagome nodded and hid behind a nearby bush.
He then faced his opponent.
The blond smirked.
"Ready to get your ass whooped?"
"You WISH!!!" said Kuwabara, charging toward him. He nailed him with a combo of punches and kicks and then one good, hard punch in the face which knocked him out, and by the looks of it, he wasn't going to wake up from that one anytime soon!

Kuwabara turned and faced the other two.
"Who else wants some?!" he said.

They fled like scared dogs.

He wiped the blood from his face and looked at Kagome. "Are you okay?"

Kagome stepped from behind the bush. "Uumm...I guess so... I-I-I-I..." she replied, and then she looked up. Suddenly, her headache disappeared. What-- or who--she saw left her stuttering. She saw a young boy of about 14 or 15. He had orange hair styled in a very outdated, Elvis-looking hairstyle. He had brown eyes and was dressed in a blue school uniform. Kagome just stood there staring at him. Although he was a complete stranger, she saw something in him that told her that he wasn't any ordinary guy. And something inside her said, "Talk to him."

"Hey, are you all right? You're startin' to creep me out just starin' at me like that." said Kuwabara, noticing that Kagome was just staring at him.

"U-umm...yeah," Kagome replied, snapping out of it. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. By the way, my name's Kuwabara," said Kuwabara.

"Hi," said Kagome. "My name's Kagome."

"Nice to meet you." he replied in a friendly tone. "You know, I've never seen you around these parts before. Are you a transfer student or something?"

Kagome nodded. "Yeah, I'm supposed to be going to this school called Saryashiki Junior High and..."

"I go to that school! Hey, why don't you let me walk you to your bus stop?"

Kagome nodded once again.
"Here," he said. "Let me help you up." Kagome tried to stand on her own, but she couldn't. Her back hurt. When the blond boy threw her on the ground, she landed on one of the shards of
glass from the beer bottle, and it was stuck in her back.

"Y-You're too weak to walk on your own. And you're bleeding! Let me help you."

He picked her up and carried her the rest of the way to school.
Kagome looked at her watch. "7:00!! Oh, no!!! We're late!" "Not necessarily," said Kuwabara. "I can run fast. We'll get to school in
time."
And he sped off, carrying her in his arms.
"YUSUKE!!!"

Keiko's yell could be heard throughout the whole city block.

Just great! thought Yusuke. Does she ever leave me alone?!

"There you are!" said Keiko, spotting him. "What are you doing here? You're not skipping school again! Your mom had to do a lot of convincing to the school district just so they wouldn't fail you this year!" She grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out of the arcade.

"Damn it, Keiko! What'd ya do that for?! I was this close to winning..."

"Yusuke, in case you didn't know, we have school and I know you don't want to go, but..."

"But what?!" said a very ticked off Yusuke.

Keiko's voice softened. "Can you at least do it...for me?"

Yusuke hated it when this happened. Keiko was his best friend and he didn't like letting her down or seeing her sad. But lately she was always nagging him, which really ticked him off.

"Auughh...DAMN IT!!! Fine, I'll go ...just for today." he finally said, not because he didn't want to disappoint her, just to get her to shut up.

"Great!" she said, grinning. She then grabbed him by the arm and ran towards school. "Come on! School's this way! Hurry, we're going to be late!"