Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Story ❯ Chapter 2: Kagome and Kuwabara: It's NOT Love!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

About 45 minutes later the school bell rang. Keiko was in class but
Yusuke was nowhere to be found. On their way to class Keiko stopped to chat with her friends for a little bit, and she told Yusuke to stay put. Yusuke did the exact opposite and sped off behind her back and went back to the arcade. Keiko was furious!
Meanwhile, Kuwabara took Kagome to the school nurse. She was going to be ok, but Kuwabara kept an extra eye on her.
A few hours later it was lunchtime.
Yusuke returned from the arcade to have lunch and chat with Kuwabara. “So where were you this morning?” asked Yusuke, stuffing his face with rice balls.
“The school nurse,” said Kuwabara.
“The school nurse? What for? Got the runs or something?” he laughed.
“That's not funny,” snapped Kuwabara. “And if you wanna know so badly, I rescued this girl from some bullies and she was BADLY hurt by the time I got to her so I took her to the school nurse. She's better now, and I'm keeping and extra eye on her.”
Yusuke laughed again. “I bet you are! Why are you keeping such a close eye on her? Hell, you don't even know her name!”
“Her name's Kagome, and plus she's new here. I have to make sure she doesn't get hurt.”
Yusuke smirked. “Yeah, right. You're cheating on Yukina, aren't you?”
“WHAT?! I would NEVER do such a thing!!” shrieked his friend. “I love Yukina with all my heart and nothing could change that!” “Sure you do...and I bet you'll definitely be saying that when she catches you cheating on her! Man, Hiei would kick your ass if he knew you cheated on his sister…”
(Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, in this story, Kuwabara knows that Yukina is Hiei's sister. But he doesn't care; he loves her anyway! Awww! ^_^)
“That's ENOUGH!! You're one to talk, running off to the arcade behind Keiko's back! I hope catches you here. Hey, there she is now. Hey, Keiko, over here...!”
Just then, the school loudspeaker went off.
“Kazuma Kuwabara, please report to the nurse's office.”
“Kazuma Kuwabara, please report to the nurse's office.”


Kuwabara hopped up and headed for the nurse's office. “She must be better now. See ya later, Urameshi. Oh, yeah, and here comes
Keiko. She can keep you some company while I'm gone.”
He grinned and sped off. The minute Yusuke turned around to go back to the arcade he found you-know-who standing right in front of him, infuriated, with tears streaming down
her face.
“Yusuke, you JERK!!!”
“Umm...K-Keiko, I-I can explain...”
POW!
She slapped him so hard the whole city could hear it.
Meanwhile, Kuwabara rushed down to the nurse's office. When he got there, he saw Kagome sitting in a chair waiting for him. Her right leg and her back were wrapped in bandages and she was holding her schedule in her hand.
“Are you all right, Kagome?” he said softly.
Kagome nodded.
Just then, the nurse came in. “You must be Kuwabara. Kagome's better now, but she'll need help walking and getting to her classes. That's where you come in. You two have the
exact same schedule, so you'll have no problem doing that.”
“Yes, ma'am,” said Kuwabara. He helped Kagome up and the both walked to class. As the exited they nurse's office, nurse whispered to Kagome,
“Don't worry. He's a good guy. He'll take good care of you.”
“Did I ever thank you saving me earlier?” said Kagome, weakly. “Yeah,” replied Kuwabara. “Don't mention it. If anyone messes with you, come to me, and I'll set them right for you. And I'm not saying this because I'm supposed to.”
“Why are you saying this, then?”
“Because I'm a man and that's what men do. They protect people; just like I'm going to protect you. I may not know you that well, but I can tell what you've been through. I can see it in your eyes.”
“But...”
Kuwabara put his finger to her lips. “Shh, you don't have to say
anything,” he said softly. “Just trust me, okay?”
Kagome nodded silently.
He sure has a way with words, she thought.
“Now, let's get to class before Urameshi catches us here.”
“Who's `Urameshi'? “said Kagome.

“HA! CAUGHT YOU IN THE ACT!”
Kagome and Kuwabara looked up to see Yusuke standing in front of them, smirking, with a big red handprint on his face from Keiko's slap. “I knew it! I KNEW you were cheating on Yukina!” He stepped closer. “And this must be Kagome,” he said, pointing to her.
Kuwabara scoffed. “Get over yourself, Urameshi! I told you before that I would never do that. Yukina's my heart. She's my soul. She's the only reason I get up in the morning. When she's happy, I'm happy. When she cries, I feel her pain. She's like a part of me, and I love her with all my heart…”
“Start that mushy crap on me and I'm out of here. Say what you want. I still think you're cheating.”
Then another voice said,
“THERE YOU ARE, YUSUKE!!”
Yusuke turned around.
Guess who!
“Damn it! Not again!”
“Yusuke, come on, we're gonna be late for class,” said Keiko in a friendly tone of voice, almost as if that morning had never happened. Yusuke looked puzzled.
Keiko continued talking. “Oh, hello, Kuwabara. How's it going?”
“Fine,” he replied. “That's good. Who your friend? I've never seen her around here before.”
Kagome spoke for herself. “M-my name's K-Kagome. Umm...I'm new here and...”
“She's having sex with Kuwabara!” Yusuke butted in.
“No, I'm NOT!!” yelled Kagome.
“Be quiet, Yusuke!” said Keiko. She then turned to Kagome. “You were saying?”
“Well, I'm new here, and I don't know my way around here, so Kuwabara is showing me to class.”
“Pleased to meet you, and my name's Keiko,” she said, shaking Kagome's hand. “It's been nice talking to you, and I'd love to talk more, but I have a class to get to. So I'll be going now. Come on, Yusuke.”
She left.
Kuwabara took a look at Kagome's schedule. “Let's see, what do we have this period? Ah, Algebra. Why don't we get
going?”
Kagome nodded cheerfully.
They went off to class.
Yusuke rolled his eyes.
“Cheater.”
He went off to class with Keiko. He didn't want another big red handprint on his face.

Later that day school let out.
“Do you need for me to walk you home, Kagome?” said Kuwabara.
“That's okay. I can take the bus home. My leg's feeling better, but I
can't quite walk home yet. Thanks anyway.”
“Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, then...”
Kuwabara was about to finish his sentence until he felt Kagome's arms embracing him.
“Thank you so much,” she said, softly. “You are a good guy.”
She left. Kuwabara beamed and walked home grinning every step of the way.

When Kagome got home that day, for the first time, she didn't want to go back to Inu-Yasha's time. Kuwabara was so nice. It wasn't love, but she definitely didn't to go back to Inu-Yasha's time, where she would have to worry about a certain dog demon and his stupid jewel. So she didn't. What did HE care if Kagome never came back to him? He would have been a full demon by then, and to him, apparently, that was more important.

Meanwhile back in Inu-Yasha's time, Inu-Yasha, Shippou, Sango, Miroku, and Kilala were all waiting for her.
“Where the hell is she?!” yelled a frustrated Inu-Yasha.
“Maybe she's gone for good,” said a sad Shippou.
“I hope she's okay,” said Sango. “And I wouldn't blame her for
leaving, Inu-Yasha! You've let getting that jewel get to your head,
you know...”
“SHUT UP!!” said Inu-Yasha. “No one asked you anyway.”
“Well, what are you going to do about it , then?” said Miroku.
“I know exactly what I'm going to do,” said Inu-Yasha.
“What's that?” said the others in unison.
“Easy.” said the dog demon. “I'm going to go get her.
 
.