InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Before K&K ❯ The Real Beginning... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before K&K


Maya was always the sweet-hearted girl that loved everyone and everything regardless. She was very concerned about life and and did everything she could to help others. From the time that her and her parents were forced to leave the human world and live in the demon world, Maya was confused about who she really was. While living in the demon world she met "people" that were oddly weird looking to her. She seen people with ears, tails and other unhuman features. She was sometimes even frightened by them. The only person that she never had fear around was a young boy her age. His name was Hisho and he lived a short walk down the lake. She really liked this boy and they grew to be a great friends. Maya and Hisho had their feet in the lake. Maya always liked the odd color of Hisho's long hair. "Hisho?" Maya asked. "Yeah Maya?" He said turning his head toward her. "How come you never get haircuts?" She asked. "Haircuts? What's a haircut?" Hisho asked. Maya giggled. "Go figures you wouldn't know what a haircut is." She said still giggling. Hisho smiled and started to splash the water with his feet. Even though the demon world wasn't a very exciting place, Maya and Hisho always knew ways to keep each other occupied even if they weren't doing anything. They just enjoyed each others company. "Hisho how come some people here have ears?" Maya asked. "People? Whats people?" Hisho asked. "You know people. You, me, we're people." She explained to him. "No Im a demon!" He said proudly pointing to his chest with his thumb. "A demon?" Maya asked. "Yeah we're demons." Hisho said. "No Im human." She told him. "No your not." He said. "Yes! Yes I am!" She said getting frustrated. "No my mom told me that your a demon from the human world." He said. "A demon from the human world?" Maya asked and questioned herself. "MAYA!!" Maya heard her mother calling her. "Oh thats my mother. I'd better get home." Maya said. "Bye Maya, see you later." Hisho said remaining seated in the sand with his feet in the water. "Bye Hisho." Maya said kissing him on the cheek for the first time and standing up and running off into the trees.

~The Question~

Maya and her mother and father sat down eating their dinner. "Maya, Im thinking about opening up a Dojo or some type of business." Maya's father Kentui said. "Maya chew with your mouth closed." Her mother Sarume said. "I may need some help around the Dojo if I open one." Her father continued. Maya barley paid any attention thinking about the same thing Hisho had said to her. "Daddy? Whats a demon?" Maya asked. Her parents focused all their attention on her shocked by that question. "Maya where did you hear a word like that?!" Her mother asked furious but surpirsed. "Hisho." She replied. "Sarume is it time?" Kentui asked. "Dont you think it would confuse her Kentui?" Sarume asked. Maya sat their listening to her parents contimplate. "Well Maya, the reason we had to move here to the demon world is because we're demons, see the human world doesnt like demons and so we had to leave right away." Kentui explained to his young confused daughter. "So Im a demon like Hisho? Not a person?" She asked. "Yes, see there really isnt a difference between a person and a demon, only that demons tend to live longer and have special skills." Sarume explained. "Why wasnt I born here?" Maya asked. "Well Maya a long time ago the demon world was a very dangerous place to live and your father and I didnt want you to grow up in an unsafe place like this was." Sarume said. "But now the demon world is a lot more peaceful and more beautiful than a long time ago." Kentui said. "You like it here dont you Maya?" Kentui asked. "Yes I love it here daddy! I love Hisho!" she said. Her parents were stunned by their daughters words yet again and stared at each other with nervousness. "Well I better get back outside to Hisho." Maya said. She got up and ran over, kissed her shocked parents and ran out the door.

~8 Years Later~

Maya's and Hisho's feelings for each other have grown with everyday. The two are now teenagers and not sure how to keep their feelings all bunched up anymore. Maya got a job as a servant girl at the the Hyrule castle. She now works under the King, Kioto. She has become very good friends with his son Naraku. Naraku was a troubled child living with his father and very lonely. Maya befriended him after she was forced to get a job at the castle after he father was forced to close down his Dojo after becoming very ill. Maya, Hisho, and Naraku all became friends and Naraku was well aware of Maya's feelings for Hisho and Hisho's feelings for Maya. Hisho wanted a job at the castle also so he could spend all his time with Maya. Naraku told his father not to give him a job. Naraku had also developed feelings for the yong beautiful demon. "Hey Naraku!" Maya said as she just entered work. "Hello Maya, my father wants you to prepare a delicious meal and prepare the table for a grand dinner." Naraku said. "What for? Anything special?" Maya asked putting the aipron on quickly. "Yes, an old friend of my father's is coming for dinner and he's bringing his wife." Naraku replied. "Okay Ill have everything ready right away!" She said excitely. Maya prepared the dinner for ling hours and would not rest until everything was PERFECT. She really liked King Kioto, he was very generous in paying her and he was the one that cleaned up the demon world. Soon everything looked exactly perfect just the way she expected from herself.

~The Dinner Guests~

Now that everyting was ready the dinner guest arrived. King Kioto stood in front of the door with Naraku. Maya stood on the side just as the doorman wheeled down the door. Soon the big wooden door slammed on the ground and a man was standing there next to a beautiful horse with a woman sitting on it. They slowly walked across the door. The man had long silver hair and two red scar like marks under each eye. The woman with him was beautiful, with long brown hair that reached to her feet. They were suddenly passing by Maya and stood in front of King Kioto and Naraku. "Sesshomaru!" King Kioto said hugging the man. "Kioto!" Sesshomaru said with a soft spoken voice. The man's voice frightened Maya. Naraku walked over and helped the woman off the horse. "Who is the beautiful young lady?" King Kioto asked. "This is my new wife Reain." Sesshomaru said. The woman, Reain bowed to King Kioto. "Sesshomaru this is my son Naraku!" King Kioto said. "Hello Lord Sesshomaru." Naraku said. Maya observed the woman's face and realized that she was not a happy woman. She had fear in her eyes, unhappiness in her heart. Maya could tell she didnt want to be married to Lord Sesshomaru.