InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Genkai's Daughter ❯ Chapter 7: For Fear of Puu ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own McDonalds or Furbies or Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.

*Genkai’s Daughter*

Chapter 7: For Fear of Puu

Darkness...

Blissful, beautiful darkness.

Then the pain comes.

Every time, the pain, the blood, the tortured screams.

The fear.

Then he comes.

His eyes as red as the blood that stains the ground around him, thin lips twisted into a smirk, sharp fangs dripping with blood from his latest kill, claws dripping that deep crimson life’s blood. And she hears it. That low, maniacal laugh, coming from the mouth of a child he possessed, it wasn’t right.

She feels the cut of a blade.

And she screams.

Then...

Nothing.

Kagome bolted straight up, her back stiff as a board as her heart beat’s unsteadily and her pulse races, panting. Her eyes tortured from the dreams that she’s been having since she was but a girl of 9 summers. It was torturous. It wasn’t always the same, sometimes there would be two other men, sometimes a child with hair as white as snow and eyes a beautiful shade of lavender. It was killing her.

The things she saw in these dreams, these visions often had happened in the past. Almost 503 years ago, during the Warring States era. She saw as people called out for her to help them and she couldn’t do it. She watched as both demons and humans hunted, pillaged, killed for pleasure. And then came the bloodlust. It was difficult to control it sometimes. So terribly difficult. She needed someone to tame the beast.

Kagome stood on shaky legs and stumbled her way towards Kuronue’s sleeping chambers. She opened the door to his rooms and walked towards his bed. Kuronue sensing her presence, her unease turned to her, eyes fluttering open revealing worried violet orbs. He was used to her ending up curled against him in the morning, even Jin and Touya sometimes have her curled up with them when they wake up. No one ever asked. They could see the horror in her eyes.

Kagome stared at him wondering if he would reject her.

She hoped not.

Kuronue opened his arms, Kagome launched herself at him burying her face into his thick black hair. Kuronue’s arms wrapped around the delicate woman snuggled against his body. He inhaled deeply taking in her delicious scent. No one smelled quite like the woman in his arms. The spicy scent of her power, cinnamon, the delicate qualities of a female, lavender and spring and her own unique scent of something distinctly wild, free. Something he couldn’t quite place.

Kagome in return took in her best friends comforting scent. He smelt of power that all high-powered youkai seemed to smell like, forest, honey and vanilla and a very masculine scent, she didn’t know what to call it, just that it smelt really good. A pleasing scent to her normally abused nose. She couldn’t stand the smell that seemed to cling to humans. It disgusted her. Some humans smelt decent, even good but they muck it up with that perfume. It was torture on her olfactory senses, she could taste the taint in the air. It was almost enough to make her retch.

She wrapped her slender arms around his waist nuzzling his bare chest. ‘He has a wonderful chest.’ Kagome thought absently. She closed her eyes content when his strong arms snaked around her. He had a way of doing that, of making her feel comfortable, safe. He even had a way of inspiring a new emotion within her, make her feel loved. Not that she knew what love was, he just made her feel like nothing in the world could go wrong, that everything was perfect and right. A warm fuzzy feeling enveloped her inside when she was with him. He was hers and no one would take him from her.

When Kagome had wrapped her arms around him he couldn’t help but wrap his arms around her. She was perfect for him, she just didn’t understand love. He would teach her to love. After all he himself didn’t know what love was until he met her. Until he met her he believed love was for fools, for dreamers. And then he fell, hard and fast for the fiery little vixen. Sure he was a couple of decades older then her but that didn’t matter, youkai didn’t have silly inhibitions that human’s did. Kagome accepted him fully, unconditionally. She was the first person to care for him, to put himself before her own person.

Kagome had a way of making him forget what he was saying or thinking, she had a way of making him stronger in battle. Because now he had a reason to live, a reason to fight to stay alive, to return home to Kagome. And she was always there a sight for sore eyes. She could bring a smile to his face. She was the light in his previously shadowed, dark and desolate heart. She brought with her a whole new type of strength, love.

Late morning found the happy couple snuggled under the covers, happily sleeping the morning away. Neither Kagome nor Kuronue were morning people anyway, they much preferred night to day. However the door to Kuronue’s room opened and in entered 7 people. Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, Genkai, Touya and Jin. Jin had mentioned, when they couldn’t find Kagome in her room , that she normally cuddles up with one of the others. By process of elimination they figured her to be in Kuronue’s room. So, they proceeded to the bat youkai’s room, opened the door and voila, there was Kagome and Kuroune, snuggled up against each other sleeping the morning away blissfully unaware of the conflicting emotions rising in the room.

It did not look good for the two. Kuronue was bare chested and they couldn’t see his pant’s, Kagome wore only spaghetti strap tank top and boy shorts with panties under that. Not that anyone could see what they were wearing under the blanket, all they could see was Kuronue’s bear chest and Kagome’s barely clad top.

Unnoticed to all but Hiei and Touya was the small blue spirit beast making it’s way to the bed where Kagome lay blissfully unaware. She however was made very aware of the creature a few minutes later when it lay snuggling up to her. Her eye’s flew open as she let out a very terrified, very high-pitched squeal. Kuronue leapt out of the bed, alert as Kagome quickly followed clinging to Kuronue tightly.

“Kagome?” Kuronue called wondering for his friends mental stability.

She pointed to the bed with a shaky finger. Kuronue lifted the blanket and sheet up revealing a dizzy bundle of blue. Kagome stared horrified at the thing in the bed. Kuronue sweat dropped. ‘This is what she’s afraid of?’ He thought grabbing the ‘thing’ by it’s two floppy ears. It ‘puu’ed in protest. Kagome let out a terrified yell.

The ‘thing’ turned to look at Kagome who froze in place. She gulped and screamed as it jumped out of Kuronue’s arms and began wobbling it’s way towards her. Kagome scrambled backwards as fast as she could until she hit the wall. She was muttering hysterically about killer furbies coming to take revenge for their fallen kin, how they were going to kill her as she slept. You see, Kagome had said that the furbie she got with her happy meal when she was a little girl tried to kill her so she ‘dealt with it’ by smashing it into itty bitty pieces over and over again.

Genkai was explaining to the other very amused reikai tantei, Jin and Touya why she was acting the way she was. Kagome suddenly cried out drawing their attention from Genkai to Kagome, again. Puu was hugging her. Kagome cried out practically hyperventilating.

“Get it Kuronue, Get it!!!” She cried kicking the thing into the air. Kuronue caught it mid-flight.

“Kagome...” Kuronue called out.

“The evil furbies have come back to avenge their fallen kin, shouldn’t have obliterated that evil thing, revenge, furry carnivorous monsters...” Kagome mumbled much to the amusement of everyone else present. Who would have thought the cold and collected Kagome would be afraid of furbies of all things.

Kagome.” Kuronue called again.

“Is it gone, Kuronue?” Kagome asked shakily.

“Kagome, darling, I assure you it is not a furbie. He’s just a spirit beast.” Kuronue explained calmly.

“Not a furbie?”

“Not a furbie.”

Kagome slowly walked up to Kuronue and the ‘spirit beast’. It ‘puu’ed excitedly. Kagome was about to jump back but Kuronue held her hand gently, coaxing her to approach the ‘spirit beast’. She was about a foot away from it when it suddenly began to fly to her at top speed, using it’s ears as wings.

“AHHHH!!!!! IT CAN FLY! THE EVIL FURBIE CAN FLY! IT’S GOING TO KIIILLLLLL MEEEEE!!!” Kagome wailed scrambling behind Touya her arms automatically latching on tightly to the Ice shinobi. Touya’s eye’s danced in silent amusement.

“Please! Somebody, take mercy on me, Please, Somebody, anybody, Just kill it.” Kagome pleaded.

Puu landed on the bed quite confused as to why the pretty woman was running away from him. All of the other ladies had loved him, they thought he was adorable. Kagome threw the sheets and covers over the evil furbie. She glared at Jin as he tried to get close to her, he had just been laughing at her misfortune.

“Evil furbie lover.” Kagome growled.

Kuronue wrapped his arms around her from behind chuckling at Jin’s new nickname. Everyone could clearly see the struggling Puu who was trying to find a way out of the blankets. Kagome having been distracted by Kuronue’s nuzzling had let her hold on the blanket slacken allowing the ‘prisoner’ to escape and look up at her curiously. Deciding he liked her he jumped up and landed on her head. Kagome froze.

“Ku-Kuronue, p-please tell me that the evil furbie’s not on my head.” Kuronue glared at the spirit beast, he was about to pluck it off her head when it bit him. Kagome’s eyes widened.

“Ohmygod! It’s trying to kill Kuronue!” Kagome exclaimed throwing the spirit beast aka the evil furbie at Jin’s cackling face. And it was a score. Puu landed smack dab in Jin’s face, his mouth now full of the evil furbies fur or was it feathers? Kagome cradled Kuronue’s injured arm to her and asked him if the evil creature had poisoned him, if it hurt.

He shook his head at Kagome smiling. Kagome gently lapped at the tiny wound healing it instantly. She chirped happily at him, “I think you’ll live.” He grinned, giving her a kiss on the cheek in thanks, they quickly turned pink, matching the streaks in her hair. That is before Puu regained his wits and ‘flew’ to her again. Kagome turned to see if the ‘evil furbie’ was dead when she came face to face with it. Kagome jumped up, claws imbedding themselves deep into the ceiling, much like a terrified cat would.

“Please just get it away.

Yusuke was having so much fun watching the scene before him, he forgot for a moment that Puu felt the same things that he felt, like attraction, amusement. That was what was causing Puu to continually go after Kagome. Kurama was amused slightly, Youko’s influence. However it was becoming tiresome to the Kitsune. He wanted to get to know Kagome.

‘YOUKO!’

“What?” came the innocent reply, note the sarcasm.

‘You will most certainly not be doing any of those things with Kagome.’ Kurama growled angrily. Youko was about to put him in a very uncomfortable positing if he kept on showing him pictures of both Youko and Kurama(Shuichi) in very...interesting positions, naked.

Yes, I will, just not now.” Youko said dismissing his other half completely.

“It’s just a matter of time.”

Hiei grinned mentally at the fox’s dilemma, though he could find no reason for him to be attracted to the wench as a mate. Yes she was attractive, but a complete annoyance, not to mention completely...childish. Honestly what was there to fear from furbies? Hiei caught himself. -What the hell is a furbie?-

Kagome suddenly fell from the ceiling laughing her head off, causing everyone to stare at her wondering if she’d finally lost it. She fell right on top of Hiei. Kagome was rolling around with laughter, Hiei twitched, the need to hurt her very strong. Kagome wiped the tears from her eyes and smirked at Hiei.

“A furbie, Hiei, is an evil furry or feathery looking creature about 3 inches tall and 2 inches wide. It has a beak, comes in multiple colors and styles and was made to scare the hell out of small innocent children. A furbie, Hiei, was meant to torture the poor fools, sucked into false advertising by McDonalds, to believe they were warm, loving creatures, when they will really try and suck your soul out.” Kagome told him in all seriousness causing sweat drops to form around the room.

“Hn .” Hiei said. He believed her. He too remembered those evil creatures, he just did not know they were called ‘furbies’ they pretended to be innocent and fun, when they would really just kill and terrify the first chance they got. Kagome grinned. At least somebody believed her. It didn’t matter to her that he pretended to be an emotionally constipated jackass. Just that he believed her about her belief that the furbies had an evil plot formulated to take over the world with Ronald Mcdonald helping them. He was one scary dude. She’d met him when she was younger. Reminded her of “It” by: Stephen King. She almost gnawed his hand off when he tried to pat her head. It was a conspiracy. She would have bet her life on it.

Unfortunately she had once again, sadly, forgotten about Puu. Desperate for attention Puu did the one thing that went through his mind. He bit her. Kagome’s eyes widened almost impossibly large, her pupil was tiny, like a dot.

And then...

She fainted.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, I know I sure enjoyed writing it. I got a kick out of this chapter. Please Review and tell me what you think.