InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Genkai's Daughter ❯ Chapter 8: Far From A Dream ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
*Genkai’s Daughter*

Chapter 8: Far From A Dream

Soft. Warm. Safe.

She felt horribly content as she awoke from her ‘nap’. She shivered to herself as she remembered that absolutely horrid dream involving the killer blue furby. She’d never been more terrified in her entire life. In fact she could’ve sworn she felt that furby digging his sharp fangs into her. But furbies didn’t have fangs did they? Shivering again, she wondered out loud to herself.

“They can’t possible have fangs, can they?” her pillow rumbled.

Wait a minute. Pillow. Rumbled.

But...

‘Pillow’s don’t move, they aren’t warm and they certainly don’t rumble.’ Kagome turned slowly, frightened, wondering if it was the furbie. If her dream wasn’t really a dream but reality. What if she was surrounded by furbie’s taking her to see their almighty king and Ronald Mcdonald who were trying to convince her to try and control the world. Or maybe they wanted her for a mate and were trying to rape her in her sleep! Or maybe--hey was that laughter?

She turned and came face to face with a dog?

“Sesshoumaru.” Kagome’s voice was relieved. It wasn’t the evil furbie kingdom, No furbie was trying to mate with her or convince her of world domination alongside the furbies and Ronald McDonald. What a relief. She smacked the dog lightly on his head, it whined.

“Oh do shut up.” Kagome said. “You had me really worried there for a moment.”

The dog was quite beautiful, his coat a silky silvery-white. He was in a smaller version of his true form. About the size of a big horse. He had cute floppy ears and a beautiful tail currently wrapped around her small form. His eyes were a brilliant gold, his teeth razor sharp and facial markings still visible. A blue-violet crescent on his forehead and two magenta stripes on each cheek or at least where his cheek would be if he were human.

The dog barked happily his tongue lolling out of his mouth. He licked her face and her eye twitched as she glared dangerously at Sesshoumaru. He proceeded to bathe her face in icky puppy spit. Gross. That was the scene that Kuronue, Jin, Touya and Kurama came upon. Jin fell down laughing drawing Yusuke’s attention. Hiei watched from the tree outside of her window. Kagome was glaring at the large dog on her bed as he bathed her with his tongue.

Kagome glared at Jin and turned her head away sticking her nose up in the air. A clear sign she was determined to ignore that foolish demon currently rolling around her floor laughing his head off. She was tempted to throw the pillow at him. Or possibly the entire bed. Not that she would ever resort to something so childish. She just had to find someone who would.

“Baka furby lover.” Kagome muttered. Jin collapsed into another fit of laughter. She wanted to hurt him, badly. In fact she was already imagining what she would say at his funeral. “Even though he was an evil furbie lover that enjoyed laughing at the expense of other’s and making an ass of himself I’ll truly miss him and his evil furbie ways.” Hiei smirked from his perch. Kagome grinned at the mental image.

“Jin!!! “ Kagome sang.

Jin’s laughter stopped abruptly. Something was horribly wrong. Taking one look at Kagome’s expression he fled the room screaming “Bloody Murder” in an irish accent. Kagome’s smirk was clearly predatory. It was time to hunt. Her prey, Jin. He would pay for laughing at her in her dream and when Sesshoumaru tongue bathed her. Oh yes, he would pay. And she, well she would enjoy every minute of it.

Ten Minutes later anyone with ears for the next three miles could hear loud crashes, bangs and girlish screams. Jin whimpered. ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ He asked himself.

‘Must I really answer that?’Kagome asked clearly amused.

“Your cruel Kagome, cruel.” Jin said whining.

“I know.” She said as she sauntered out of the room dragging Jin the entire way. When she arrived with Jin on her arm in the living room where everyone had gathered doing something or other. Yusuke and Kuwabara collapsed in laughter, Kuronue, Kurama, Touya, and Genkai chuckled, Hiei smirked. It wasn’t every day they saw Jin in a bright tube top of death and puffy pink skirt with high heels. The whole ensemble was hideous. The skirt had little yellow bows on it. He had his hair done with pink bows and yellow ribbons. His face was adorned with foundation, blush, eye liner, eye-shadow, and bright pink lipstick. Kagome was incredibly smug. She was happy with her revenge. In her mind she chuckled evilly. She had so much fun. She had to used so much make up to cover the bruise he had received running into her door trying to get away from her.

Life was good.

Sesshoumaru came up from behind wrapping strong, muscled arms around her waist. He was slightly hunched over considering how tall he was. His tall 6’8 height was more than double her now 5’2. Almost triple her own height. Kagome turned in his arms having to tug him down to her level so she could give him a kiss on the cheek. She was glad that Kuronue was shorter, it wasn’t as hard with him. Kuronue was only 6’0. She enjoyed cuddling with him. He was hers after all.

“What did he do?” Sesshoumaru asked clearly about what Jin had done to deserve his punishment. The gaudy costume jewelry hanging from his body was ugly. Kagome grinned up at the handsome demon lord and held her arms up, wanting to be carried. He lifted her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. She whispered in his ear about his evil furbiness. Sesshoumaru was tempted to laugh, hard. She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled.

Kuronue was a tiny bit jealous. Just a tiny bit. Okay, scratch that he was almost glaring at him. Sesshoumaru had known Kagome almost as long as he had. Kuronue couldn’t stand to see her in his arms. She was his. He would not loose her to some dog. He paused at that. ‘What am I thinking? This is Sesshoumaru. Besides they only see each other as best friends and siblings. Not lovers...At least I hope so.’ Kuronue growled at the way his thoughts were turning, well he tried to growl.

Kagome turned to look at him and asked Sesshoumaru to drop her. She walked up to Kuronue who was making odd sounds. It sounded like he was trying to growl. At what, she didn’t know. Kagome walked around the back of the couch and her arms snaked around his shoulders. He blinked. Worried Kagome massaged his shoulders and neck to release the tension that had built. Smirking mentally Sesshoumaru was proud. He couldn’t have picked a better mate for Kagome. He knew that they both loved each other. Even if one of them didn’t know it.

“Kuronue?” Kagome called with caution.

“Hm?” He replied eyes glazed and shoulders sagged in pleasure. The other’s watched not sure what was going on.

“Are you all right?” Asked Kagome.

“Fine.”

Kagome slid in between Kuronue and Touya cuddling up to them both. Very worried about Kuronue, she was. After all he didn’t normally sit around making weird noises. Perhaps Kuronue was ill. She didn’t smell or sense any illness but what else could have caused those odd sounds. Kagome leaned over to Touya and asked him about the noises Kuronue made causing more of those ‘noises’ to emerge. Touya hid a smile, he knew.

“Kuronue...Are you ill?” Kagome asked as he stared at her incredulously. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked quite confused. Kurama was silently seething in jealousy. Hiei was just watching this all amused as was Genkai, Sesshoumaru, Jin and Touya.

He blinked. “No...Why would you think that?” He asked wondering if something was wrong with him. He certainly hoped not.

“Well, it’s just that you keep making odd sounds. “ Kuronue became a cherry.

She was talking about his attempts to growl. How embarrassing.

“It’s nothing.” Kuronue soothed her worries. Kagome didn’t look convinced.

“Okay...” She rested her head on his shoulder and as she was about to fall asleep she heard a very familiar, dreadful ‘puu’. Her eye’s snapped open and fell upon the little blue furbie. ‘It wasn’t a dream.’ was the only thought running through her head.

“Ku-kuronue?” Kagome stuttered. “I-is th-that the fu-furbie?”

“Kagome...” his arm came around her waist holding her to him. Puu launched himself at the pretty woman his expression terrifying her to no ends. He had an angry almost jealous expression on his furbie face. Directed to Kuronue. Kagome let out a terrified yell and darted behind Touya. Forceful forcing him in front of her as she sat on the couch curling behind him and shaking in barely suppressed anxiety. She most certainly had a phobia. Her destination; Sesshoumaru. The furbie wouldn’t dare attack her Sesshoumaru. For he would surely kill it.

She made a mad dash for him as the furbie tackled Kuronue. Kuronue not knowing what to do just sat there. It wasn’t until Kagome’s scream and the slight sting of a bite did he snap out of whatever trance he’d been in. It took Kagome a split second to decide on whether she should get to the safety that was Sesshoumaru or rescue her Kuronue. Kuronue. She was there standing above the evil furbie like some vengeful and terrified goddess. She took the fan tucked into her obi and brought it down, hard on the ‘furbies’ head. And with one side swipe sent it flying across the room and straight into Hiei. She grabbed Kuronue and ran like the guards of hell were at her heels bringing both Kuronue and as she passed him, Sesshoumaru with her.

As she came to her bedroom she threw the elaborate doors open and kicked it close, locking it. Pushing her divan against the door. Who knew how strong that furby was. She certainly wasn’t going to underestimate it again. It attacked Kuronue. Twice. Perhaps the furby had something against him? She didn’t know. But she would protect her Kuronue. And Sesshoumaru would protect her while she protected Kuronue. She was almost shaking.

“That was a close one.” Sesshoumaru’s mouth twitched, the urge to smile strong.

“Sesshoumaru, we must at all costs protect Kuronue from that evil furby. It seems to hold a grudge against him. That’s the second time it attacked him!” Kagome explained.

Kuronue was the one who sweat dropped this time. Kagome was going to protect him when she was the one terrified. It was amazing. And at the same time a large part of him was bouncing in happiness and hope that she wanted to protect him even though she was quaking in fear.

It just screamed cute to him. She was adorable.

New Mission: Protect Kuronue From Evil Furby.

An hour later Kagome emerged from the room with the two demons in tow. She slowly, cautiously crept down the deserted, bright hallway. She pushed the two demons out of the window, jumping out after them. What was the chance that they would land right in front of or on top of the very people and creature they were trying to avoid? One in a million. Right?

The odds were against them.

Kuronue and Sesshoumaru landed right in front of them.

Kagome was not so lucky.

She landed sprawled in Kurama’s lap.

Facing the furby.

She gulped.

And...

Suddenly attached herself to a tree branch right above her. Hiei sat there staring at her, wondering about her sanity. He had been smart and stayed away from Puu. After all he didn’t want a repeat of what happened earlier today. He himself couldn’t help but wonder if Puu was related to those furbies. It was a possibility he assured himself. I mean he looked like one. Just a slightly bigger one.

He held his hand out to her. They did after all have a few things in common. Such as detesting furbies. Disliking Kuwabara. Being forbidden and not accepted for most of their lives. They had so much more in common than they thought. And those commonalities are what would bring them to respect each other and care for each other. It’s a real pity they wouldn’t fall in love, because destiny had something different planned for both of them, because destiny had something that needed both of them to be friends, siblings but never lovers.

A/n: So...What did you think? Please Review!!!