InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hogosha Tantei ❯ Memories and Decisions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hogosha Tantei
 
 
 
Ohayo minna! I decided to use this chapter to start building some plot threads. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Once again, thank you to the people that have reviewed. Thus far, everyone's reviews have been so nice, and it makes me so happy! So, R/R, otherwise I'll send my blood-sucking bunnies after you. And of course, please enjoy!
 
 
Disclaimer: If I had a fairy godmother then I would own Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho. This is the reason I hate Cinderella.
 
-`Thinking'-
-`Youko'-
# Suuichi #
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
 
Recap from Chapter 2:
“Kagome-sama, would you like me to escort you back to Koenma's office?”
Nodding her head in acquiescence, she stood and followed the ogre back to Koenma's office. Standing outside of the door, she frowned, as the sounds of an argument became apparent. Shaking her head slightly she opened the door, and quietly entered the room.
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
 
Chapter 3: Memories and Decisions
 
Stepping into the room she sighed at the sight before her.
-`Let's see, Fluffy-chan said something to Onii-san, Onii-san got mad, and now they're fighting like idiots.'-
“Yusuke, it would appear that your sister has awoken. Perhaps now, would be a prudent time to inform her of your decisions?” Kurama asked with a mischievous light in his emerald eyes.
Stopping immediately, both brothers turned to look sheepishly at Kagome. Smiling at them, she turned to Kurama and bowed slightly.
“Thank you very much for stopping them. My name is Taisho Kagome.”
Gently grabbing her hand he placed a soft kiss on it, as he watched a faint blush rise along her cheeks. Looking up once he spoke in a silky voice,
“I am Minamino Suuichi, but please call me Kurama, Kagome-san.”
“Only if you call me Kagome, Kurama.”
Offering a brilliant smile, her eyes narrowed as she turned to glare at her two brothers.
“Tell me, what decisions was he talking about?” she asked in a chilling voice.
Resisting the urge to shiver Sesshomaru responded,
“We will discuss those later at home.”
“That isn't acceptable Sesshomaru. I want some real answers starting now.”
“Sure, as soon as you start talking about what happened to you earlier.” Yusuke said entering the conversation.
Hearing the door begin to open, she turned her head to see Botan enter, followed by her son. A grin broke out on her face as she watched her son run to her.
“Okaa-san! You're okay! Oji-san said that you were gonna be okay, but there was so much blood…”
“Shippo, calm down. I'm just fine.”
Reaching down to wrap her son in a gentle hug, she stiffened as she felt her brothers glaring at her back. Straightening, she grimaced as she turned to face them. Laughing nervously, she cringed slightly under their glares as she asked, “What was the question again?”
“Kagome!” Came twin yells of outrage. Wincing slightly from the noise, she felt a tugging on her shirt. Turning her gaze downward, she froze as she saw her son looking up at her with puppy dog eyes. Trying to steel her resolve, she asked cautiously, “What is it Shippo?”
“ `Kaa-san, I'm hungry. You promised me before you left that you would buy me ice cream.”
Feeling her resolve crumbling, as she stared down at her son's watery eyes, she nodded her head in agreement. Glaring fiercely at her brothers, who had opened their mouths to complain, she turned her attention to Boton.
“Boton, could you please open a portal to the Ningenkai for us?”
“Of course!”
“Kagome, we have yet to finish this discussion.” Stated Sesshomaru, as he and Yusuke stepped in front of her.
“Sessho, Yusuke, I love you both, but get out of my way. If you refuse I'll lock you in a room and go looking for those Barney Sing-a-Long tapes.” Satisfied at the sight of her brothers blanching she turned to smile angelically at Kurama. “Kurama, you of course, are more than welcome to join us for dinner.”
“If you are certain, then I would be delighted to accompany you and your son.”
# I wonder where the father of her son is. #
-`That isn't her true son. The scents are different. She must have adopted the kit.'-
-`I think that would be a safe assumption.'-
-`It just makes me want her even more. She would make a wonderful mother to our kits.'-
# Have to agree with Youko there. #
-`Would you two control yourselves? You are acting like a couple of horny teenagers.'-
# But Kurama, technically we are a horny teenager. #
-`Youko's corrupted you, so I'll ignore that comment. Back to Kagome, we barely know her, so we shouldn't be thinking about having children with her. If we were to have children with someone, I would like to know them beforehand.'-
-`Stop acting so uptight Red, even you have to admit that she's attractive.'-
-`Youko, you would sleep with your plants if you thought they were pretty enough. But to answer you, yes I do think that she's attractive.'-
-`I resent that remark.'-
-`Resemble it you mean.'-
# Listen to me, if you think she's attractive then what's the problem? She blushed when we introduced ourselves, so obviously she likes us in some way. The only problem that I could possibly foresee is if you've decided that we're gay. #
-`I don't have a problem with that. `-
-`I'm going to ignore that comment. Now, if you don't mind, I need to pay attention to Kagome. It wouldn't make a good impression, if she thinks that we're zoning out on her.'-
-`I didn't know that it was possible for someone to make Sesshomaru cower.'-
-`What are you talking about?'-
# Pay attention to Kagome, she's yelling at Yusuke and Sesshomaru. #
Leaving the mental conversation, Kurama looked up to find an amusing scene. Kagome had attempted to leave, but had been stopped by her brothers blocking her means of escape again. Not amused in the least, she was currently berating her brothers.
“-My son wants to eat, so if you value your peace and quiet you'll move. If you refuse then I'll be forced to make you move. So you have two choices guys. Option one, get out of my way, and we can get something to eat for dinner. Option two, I make you move, lock you in a room, and go looking for my Barney Sing-a-Long tapes. Personally, I'm beginning to hope that you'll opt for number two.”
-`Remind me to never make her angry.'-
-`Can you imagine being forced to listen to Barney?'-
# Maybe we should go rescue Yusuke and Sesshomaru? #
Mentally agreeing Kurama walked over to where Kagome stood. Lightly placing a hand on her arm, she looked up at him in surprise. Flashing his most disarming smile and offering her his arm, he was pleased to note that she began to blush faintly.
“Shall we get going? I, for one, am getting rather hungry.”
“Yeah, you're right.” Taking the arm that he offered her, she walked through the portal with him and Shippo. Sesshomaru and Yusuke followed behind her rather meekly. (A/n this is not unbelievable… trust me… when you have brothers you learn rather quickly how to make threats that'll make them do whatever you want.)
Finally managing to agree on a restaurant, they sat down to a nice family dinner. Yeah right, if you don't count the fact that Shippo poured salt all over Yusuke's food when he wasn't looking. Which led to Yusuke spitting the food out in horror. Which landed on Sesshomaru's face. After which Sesshomaru, attempted to murder Yusuke. Ending with Kagome threatening the two of them with lovely little necklaces. Shippo laughed hysterically throughout, and poor Kurama nearly choked trying not to laugh.
Arriving at the Shrine, after much arguing over where to spend the night, the five entered the house. Kagome went upstairs to put Shippo to bed, while the guys waited downstairs in the living room. Upon entering the living room, Kagome took a seat on the couch next to Kurama and sighed.
“I suppose that you would like me to explain about the battle?”
“Gee, what made you think that Kags?” Yusuke answered sarcastically.
Scowling slightly at her brother, Kagome closed her eyes tightly, and began to speak.
 
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
 
Flashback
 
Kagome became aware of the silence permeating the entire village as she entered. Glancing around warily, she assured herself that were no enemies nearby. Refusing to let her guard down, she walked briskly to a small hut, pausing briefly before she entered. Seeing her friends gathered around the fire pit, she relaxed and took a seat next to Sango. Taking note of the grim expressions on her friend's faces, she hesitated before asking, “Where are all of the villagers and Kaede?”
“We have sent the villagers and Kaede to another village. We learned while you were gone that Naraku is making his way here. It is only fitting that his birthplace should also become his grave. This battle will be harder than any other we have faced, so we must make preparations.” Miroku answered somberly.
“Feh, don't bother. I'll just kill him with my Tetsusaiga.”
“Inuyasha, we need a plan. Swinging your sword around recklessly will not work. The only one among us that has managed to seriously injure Naraku is Kagome.” Sango stated reprovingly.
“Sango's right. I can fight Naraku. The problem is that he's not going to be alone. I'm going to need time to defeat Naraku. If I'm too busy fighting off all of the other demons then that'll be impossible.”
“Wench, you're not strong enough to defeat Naraku. You'll just get in the way.”
“Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! I am not weak. My otou-san trained me when I was little, and my grandmother trained me to use my miko energy. Before I came to this era I had never even held a bow, much less used one. I was trained to use every weapon but that one. I have my swords with me, and that's all I need to beat Naraku. My grandmother also taught me a spell to seal the human soul of Onigumo.” Kagome spoke furiously.
“Then it is decided. Lady Kagome will be the one to fight Naraku. Sango and I will take care of the lesser demons, while Inuyasha distracts Kanna.” Miroku stated with an air of finality in his voice.
“Feh, whatever. Don't come crying to me-” Inuyasha trailed off as Kagome stood suddenly facing the door. Her eyes darkening, she spoke in an icy voice, “Naraku's nearly here. So grow up Inuyasha, before you get us all killed.” Without waiting for a reply, she walked outside alone.
-`This is it. We have to win, because if we don't…No I won't think like that. Otou-san and Sessho always said that to doubt yourself would lead to your downfall. We will win, no matter what the cost.'- Feeling the presence of the others behind her, she jerked herself out of her thoughts before asking. “What's up?”
“Kagome, before you came back, Miroku and I talked. No matter what happens to us, you have to defeat Naraku. Everything is meaningless unless he is defeated. We wish for you to promise that you will keep your mind on your fight. You can't afford to be distracted.” Sango spoke quietly.
“Do you realize what it is that you're asking of me?” Kagome asked, turning to face them, agony clear upon her features.
“Lady Kagome, Naraku has caused so much suffering to so many. We now have the chance to end it. You have the chance to end it. Please grant us this small request.”
Not trusting her voice, Kagome merely nodded her head mutely. Whirling around, she pulled her swords out with practiced ease, before hissing. “He's here.”
“Kukukuku…Tell me little miko, do you honestly think to defeat me?” Naraku's voice sounded as his figure became apparent at the edge of the village.
Concentrating her energy into her swords, she raised her chin before retorting, “You've tainted this world long enough. Of course, you could just make this easier on us, and hand me the jewel shards that you have.”
Snarling at her, Naraku sent a tentacle at her, she dodged quickly as the battle began. The rest of the battle became a blur, as she evaded Naraku, waiting for an opening to strike. Momentarily losing her concentration, she hissed as a tentacle created a gash along her stomach. Jumping backwards she managed to avoid a second attack, but was caught off guard again, as a tentacle pierced her shoulder from behind. Dropping to the ground in a crouch she watched Naraku warily.
-`There!'- Spotting an opening she darted forward quickly and managed to inflict a large wound on Naraku. Quickly retreating in satisfaction, she smirked as her miko powers began to affect the wound.
“This is it Naraku. How does it feel to know that you were defeated by a miko?” Kagome taunted, watching as Naraku's face darkened in anger. Moving sluggishly she allowed Naraku to pierce her side with his claws. Smirking triumphantly, she plunged her swords into his chest. “You forgot the basic rule of battle Naraku. Never let your emotions control you.” Using her swords to hold him in place she quickly said the spell that would seal Onigumo. Completing the spell, she sent a surge of energy through her swords. She watched with grim satisfaction as Naraku was purified before her.
Breathing heavily she nearly collapsed to the ground. Sheathing her swords she turned to check on the welfare of her companions. Her breath caught in her throat as she spotted Sango and Miroku. Disbelief and shock coursed through her as she stared at their still bodies lying on the battlefield.
“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! This isn't the way that this was supposed to end.” Scanning the field quickly, she saw Inuyasha slowly making his way to her. Grief filling her she stumbled to where Sango and Miroku lay. Dropping to her knees she began to shake uncontrollably. “You weren't supposed to die. You were supposed to get married, have lots of kids, do something other than die.” She whispered brokenly. Feeling Inuyasha behind her, she spoke emotionlessly, “Inuyasha, you should go. Kikyo is waiting for you. Please, just make me one last promise. Promise me that you will take Miroku to Mushin and Sango to her village. They were our friends, we owe them this much.” Hearing a soft mew coming from behind her, she turned to see an injured Kirara there. In her mouth she held the shards that had once been in Naraku's possession.
Shakily she reached out and took the black shards from Kirara. The color changed to that of purity, and she stuffed the shards in her pocket with the remainder of the jewel. Feeling Inuyasha's clawed hand on her shoulder she snapped her head up in confusion. Seeing Tetsusaiga in front of her face, she tilted her head quizzically. “I made you a promise too. Take Tetsusaiga, it'll protect you since I can't.” Taking Tetsusaiga she clutched it to her chest as she struggled to speak. Finally she stood shakily, gazing at Inuyasha; she spoke softly, “Thank you.” Turning away, she picked Kirara up and made her way to the edge of the village. Stopping she spoke once more, “Inuyasha, I hope that your decision brings you happiness at last. Farewell, friend.” Walking into the forest to the well, she refused to look back.
 
End Flashback
 
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
 
“The rest you already know. Shippo ran away from Jaken, and found me on the other side of the well. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get some fresh air.” Standing up from her seat on the couch she quietly made her way outside. Walking to the Goshinboku she collapsed at its base. Finally releasing the tears that she had refused to shed, her small frame shook from her sobs. Telling the tale so soon afterwards had torn her up inside. The emotions that she had pushed aside now fought their way to the surface. “Why? Why did they have to die? Everyone I love seems to pay for my mistakes. The jewel was my responsibility, and because I messed up they suffered.” Her broken whispers were punctuated by her grief stricken sobs. Hearing the sounds of footsteps behind her, she refused to turn around until she heard a male voice.
“Kagome?”
 
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
 
Finally the third chapter is finished. In the next chapter I'll explain where Kirara is, and also there will be some fluff…or something like that. Plus, Kagome puts her foot down in regards to her brothers. Chapter 4 is in the works. Hopefully, I'll have it up by Friday. Until then Adios ~SilverCrescentMiko
 
FYI:
Otou-san: Father
Oji-san: Uncle
Miko: Priestess