InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hogosha Tantei ❯ Kitsunes ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hogosha Tantei
 
 
Konnichiwa! Okay, I am really sorry that this took so long to come out but life happens. As I've said on my other stories, I've been sick. Not long after the last chapter of this story was posted I was taken to the hospital in the middle of the night. As of now, the doctors still aren't completely certain what it is that's wrong with me. Needless to say, I lost a bit of my concentration on this story. After I turned in the chapters to my teacher, she approached me about rewriting my chapters. Apparently she felt that the new chapters were nowhere near par, so I've been trying to rewrite them. Tonight I'm posting the first of the rewritten chapters; others should follow soon, but no guarantees. I'm sorry that it's so short! The next one should be back to its normal length. Either way, I'm done whining for now, so on with the story! I hope that you enjoy the new chapter, so read, enjoy, flame, compliment, whatever floats your boat.
 
Disclaimer: No matter what the voices in my head say, I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
 
-`Thinking'-
-`Youko'-
# Suuichi #
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
 
Recap from Chapter four:
Walking back to the house, she broke the silence between them. “Does Youko have a tail? What about ears?” Chuckling lightly at the eager tone of her voice, he answered. “Youko has both.” Noticing that her eyes had taken a slightly glazed look he continued. “One day soon, I'll show you his form.” Grinning happily, she took his hand and led him into the house. Reaching the living room where her brothers still sat waiting for her return, she cleared her throat. Their eyes snapping up to her and Kurama, she spoke in a light tone, her eyes flashing dangerously.
“So, when were you going to tell me that I needed a new bodyguard?”
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
 
Chapter five: Threats and Reason
 
“Hello to you too, `Gome.” A smooth voice spoke with amusement heavily laced within. Her eyes suddenly taking note of the other occupants of the room, she grinned happily. Dropping Kurama's hand she flung herself at the young man with auburn hair and violet eyes. Rich laughter flowed through the room as he caught her and swung her around in a circle. Pulling her close he rested his chin on her head and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Allowing his gaze to wander the room, it stopped on the handsome red head she had entered the house with. Taking careful inventory of the man standing with one hand in his pocket, he smirked inwardly as he noticed the narrowed eyes and slightly vacant expression.
-`Heh, so that's the kitsune avatar that they were talking about. They were right; this is going to be really easy. The only problem is getting them to act. Attraction won't mean shit if they don't do anything about it.'-
Pulling himself from his thoughts he realized that Kagome had been speaking to him.
“—Why you're hiding your ears and tail. You're the only one that lets me pet them. Sessho won't let me anywhere near his tail. Anytime I get close he starts muttering about something called obsessive personalities.”
Glancing over to the three males sitting on the couch, he saw the silver haired one give a slight nod. Smiling brightly at her, he kissed her forehead and loosened his grip on her body.
-`Oh, this is going to be so much fun! Time to start step one of the master plan.'-
Dulling the impish look in his violet eyes, he carefully schooled his face to look quite serious.
“The obvious solution would be to mate a kitsune.”
Startled her head snapped up so quickly, that he was barely able to avoid a very painful collision with his own head. He nearly lost his composure at her very loud and stuttering response.
“W-wh-what?!”
Taking care to keep his tone laced with seriousness he answered lightly.
“Kitsune's love to be touched, we thrive on physical contact with others. It only makes sense for you to mate with one. After all, we have beautiful ears and tails…”
 
Youko was clawing at the mental walls in Kurama's mind. Said kitsune was also making numerous death threats and demands. This in itself was not surprising, what was surprising however, is that Suuichi was echoing the comments.
-`Red! Let me out! I'll introduce him to a couple of our special plants…'-
-`Youko.'-
-`Turn him into fertilizer for the roses. Then again better not, that might hurt the roses…'-
-`Youko.'-
-`Better yet, I'll give him to the ferry girl. No, that wouldn't work. She's entirely too dense for that…'-
-`Youko! Would you please end this ridiculous tirade? There is nothing to be gained from acting so childish. Now, would you care to explain the reasons for your little tantrum?'- Mentally quirking an eyebrow, he watched Youko and Suuichi relax before turning to look at him with identical looks of incredulity.
# You don't know? # Shaking their heads at him the two gathered close to each other and began to whisper. Growing annoyed with the looks that the two were sending his way while conversing, he spoke up.
-`An explanation for your behavior would be appreciated.'-
“"I've already told you that it wasn't my fault! How was I supposed to know that it was evil? It was fluffy and cute. How can something fluffy and cute be evil?”
Looking up, Kurama's gaze found Kagome pacing in front of the couch that her brothers were seated on, while the other male just leaned against the wall amused. His emerald eyes narrowed as he realized that the other male was now making his way towards him.
 
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
 
Like I said I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. There is a reason for it though. ~SilverCrescentMiko