InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It's Just a Show ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Inu-Yasha or Yu Yu Hakisho. If I had the chance to own two characters though, they would be Hiei and Sesshomaru.
 
A/N: This is yet another story I thought about awhile ago and finally decided to put down on paper. I do have others, one being over 20 chapters long and another being finished.
 
It's Just a Show
Prologue
By: Ethril Dragon
 
“Inu-Yasha!” Kagome screamed out as her friend stood in the middle of the battle field. He turned his head slightly, his red eyes glowing in the fire light. Kagome sucked in her breath at the sight of the jagged lines running down Inu-Yasha's cheeks.
 
“His youki has taken over,” Miroku said as he prepared a sutra. “We'll have to incapacitate him and run.”
 
Kagome nodded mutely and held onto Inu-Yasha's sword Tetsusaiga. “Lets hurry.” With that Miroku ran forward and slammed several sutras onto Inu-Yasha's body. The demon seized up and collapsed.
 
Sesshomaru watched dispassionately through the smoke of the fire as his half-brother fell into his friends arms. The cat demon appeared and they left in the blink of an eye.
Sesshomaru turned and looked at the demons head. The creature had been extremely strong, strong enough to bring out his brother's demon. He smirked slightly and lifted the bloody head of the demon. Now to find a sword smith.
 
“And Cut!” The director yelled as they came to the end of the scene. “Brilliant show everyone. The special effects keep getting better and better!”
 
Inu-Yasha cursed under his breath as he carefully removed the red contact lenses from his eyes. “Why do we have to use our real names anyway?” He complained for the millionth time that season.
 
Kagome sighed and changed out of her school girl costume and into regular pants and a shirt. “It's supposed to make everything seem more real.” She rolled her eyes slightly. She agreed with Inu-Yasha, they shouldn't have to use their real names for a stupid TV show. One that wasn't even real at that.
 
Sesshomaru removed the claws one by one and then the fangs that were almost too well glued into place. “Come now little brother, I know you get a kick out of yelling at me in an idiotic way.” He smirked teasingly.
 
The actors continued to talk as they removed pieces of their costumes and props. The writers though were watching carefully. Yes, they based the television characters off of the actual actors. They elaborated here and there on attitudes and personalities, but it just made everything flow better. What better way to get good ratings then to make everything seem more real? The only thing they couldn't duplicate is the emotional relationships.
 
“Well I'm out of here,” Kagome declared as she tapped her toes more comfortably into her shoes. “I'll see you guys next week!”
 
“Don't forget your pay check this time Kagome!” The director yelled as he looked back at the raven haired girl. He saw her nod of acknowledgement and he turned back to the writers to discuss next seasons plot.
 
“Do you want to go for some dinner Kagome?” Sango asked as she jogged to keep up with her friend. It was funny to think that only a year ago the two friends had been discovered in one of their school plays. “I'll pay this time around.”

Kagome laughed and shook her head. “Nah, I need to go home. My mom and dad are waiting for me.” She waved as she ran off towards her car. “I'll call you later though!” With that she turned away from her closest friend and co-star.
 
Kagome sighed as she climbed into her car. She thought about the television show she worked on as she started the car. When she really thought about it, not everything was like real life. Her mother, grandfather, and brother in the show were all fake. In real life she only had a mother and a father. Kohaku was Sango's brother, but Miroku wasn't an only child. He had 2 sisters and a couple distant cousins. Sure both his parents were dead, but that didn't mean he had some weird curse that would kill him one day.
 
She turned up the volume as she drove down the road. It was dark out already, they cast had been working since way early that morning. `At least we got a couple episodes done,' she thought to herself. If the cast kept getting 2 episodes down a week, then they could all get a few weeks vacation in a month. She grinned at the prospect.
 
With all the money she had saved up, she was thinking about taking her parents on a little vacation to one of the best resorts in Japan.
 
`Mom would like that, Dad would only go for the outdoor activities.' She had already chosen the resort. Not only did they have a spa, but they were also known for the physical activities they ran all year round. She grinned in excitement as she watched the street lights stream past her.
 
`BRING BRING,' her cell phone went off. Kagome blinked in surprise and pushed the button on her blue tooth. “Kagome here,” She said. Only her closest friends and co-workers had this number.
 
“Kagome dear, could you stop by the store on your way home? We need more noodles.” Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed.
 
“Did Dad eat them all again?”
 
“You know your father. He loves his noodles.” Kagome had to agree. If they ever needed someone to come in and play Inu-Yasha's father, Kyo Higurashi was the best choice. His temperament was almost identical to Inu-Yasha's.
 
“Anything else Mom?” Kagome asked.
 
“Um, perhaps some milk and a few plums. And if they have it, some pudding,” Kagome grinned at her mothers choices. She was always craving stuff. Of course it was blamed on her pregnancy.
 
“K, Mom. I'll do that.”
 
“Thanks sweet heart, you're a life saver.” With that the phone was hung up and Kagome had to reach up to press the button again on her blue tooth.
 
She turned her head slightly and merged into the lane next to her in order to head towards her families favorite store. Unfortunately when she got there, the closed sign glared at her. She sighed in defeat. It really was pretty late.
 
It took another ten minutes of driving before she arrived at a 24 hour store. She shivered as she looked around. She hated coming here, but it was the next closest store to her home. She circled the parking lot for a second, unnerved that she couldn't find a spot in the direct line of the store video camera. She parked as close as she could though. Kagome quickly got out of her car and locked the doors. She almost ran into the store. `Down side to being a TV star, night time stalkers.'
 
In total, she had had at least 5 night time stalkers that were obsessed with her. `Don't know why,' as she walked down the isles to find her groceries. `My character is nothing but a whiny school girl.' In reality, she was a college student now. She had grown out of the whiny phase of her life, having realized her character had been based on herself.
 
Grabbing the supplies her mother had asked for, she quickly went to the cashier.
 
As the cashier rang up her order, he kept looking at her funny. Just as he was brought up the total he exclaimed. “You're Higurashi Kagome from that show Inu-Yasha!”
 
Kagome smiled her sweet, fake smile. “Yup.”
 
He grinned and pulled out a slip of scrap paper and his pen from behind his ear. “Can I have your autograph?” He pleaded, nearly poking her in the cheek with his pen.
 
Kagome smiled a little sadly and nodded, quickly signing her name on the paper and handing him the money for the food.
 
“Good meeting you!” He yelled out as she left the store. She turned and waved for a minute.
 
`At least he wasn't bugging me too much,' she thought as she walked back to her car, her mind forgetting to worry about potential night time stalkers. Instead she was thinking about her fans. The good ones at least. The ones that only asked for her autograph and said they loved the show. They weren't obsessive, they didn't revere her, they just loved the show and the character she played.
 
A hand covered her mouth and something sharp was pressed against her neck. Her eyes went wide and she clutched at her purse and the bag of groceries.
 
“What tasty meat I have found,” A guttural male voice said. She felt something wet slide across her jaw bone and she shivered in anger. What a time to forget about night time stalkers.
 
She felt him lift her up slightly with one arm around her waist and she started to struggle. Kagome slipped a hand into her purse, searching for her pepper spray. He jerked her hard, making her loose her grip on her bag and purse. Kagome looked down at her purse in despair as she was dragged back into a darkened area of the parking lot.
 
“Can't have you doing something that might…ruin my meal,” the voice said. Kagome squinted her eyes slightly. Something was wrong with that voice. It didn't sound…human almost.
 
The hand that had been covering her mouth went around her throat, tightening as he spoke to her. “Scream and I'll kill you here and now. Be a good little girl and I might let you go.”
 
She nearly growled in rage. She wanted to scream, but as soon as she opened her mouth, his hand tightened around her throat. The arm around her waist released her and she heard rather then saw a car door open. She started to struggle harder, her hands reaching up to claw at the hand around her throat.
 
Because her back was turned to the assailant, she didn't see his hand come up and slam into her head, nor did she see the group of guys appearing to her right.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“…get here I don't know,” Kagome moaned softly as she heard voices around her. She was laying on something soft, and there was a soft light behind her eye lids.
 
“She's coming around, Kuwabara get some ice!” Another male voice said. She tried to sit up, but a hand just held her down by the shoulder. She tried to open her eyes, but everything started swimming around her.
 
“Best not to open your eyes right now Kagome,” The voice that had ordered for ice said. Kagome frowned slightly, she knew that voice. “Yusuke?” she asked as she slowly was helped into a sitting position.
 
The dark haired man smiled and nodded. “Thought you'd recognize me.”
 
“You know this girl?” A cold voice said softly. Kagome slowly and hesitantly opened her eyes.
 
“Remember my cousin Miroku? Well they work together on a TV show.” Yusuke informed his team members.
 
“What happened?” Kagome croaked out as she reached up to hold her aching head.
 
Everyone was silent for a minute and Kagome started to feel a little anxious. “What happened at the store?” She asked again, her voice a little louder.
 
“You were attacked. We happened to be…passing by.” A man with long, gorgeous red hair said at the end of the sofa she had been lying on.
 
“I've called my cousin, he called your parents to tell them you're ok.” Yusuke said as he handed the ice to his cousins friend.
 
“But what happened?” they were circling the subject and she knew it. Working with the people she did had taught her a few things. Like how to tell when people didn't want to tell her something.
 
The group looked at each other for a moment. Kagome was growing impatient. She wanted answers and now. It wasn't normal for her to be saved by a man that happened to be related to her co-star. And for that matter, what did happen when she was hit over the head? And how did the group conveniently happen to come across her and her attacker at the right moment?
 
“You were attacked, we saved you. We called the cops and the attacker was taken away.” Kagome turned her head and her eyes widened slightly as she looked at a man that looked to be only a little taller then her. His hair was black, standing on end, and there was a white starburst in the center. He wore a headband, black clothes, and a white scarf.
 
“But why am I not at a hospital?” She knew the procedure. This wasn't the first time she had been attacked. The other times had been rookie attempts to kidnap her. Stupid night time stalkers.
 
Again everyone was silent for a long time. She growled in annoyance. Now she really knew they were keeping something from her.
 
“Yusuke! I have news from Koenma!” A bright, female voice said suddenly from behind her.
 
“Not now Botan!” Yusuke said hurriedly.
 
“But it's about the girl that was killed!” The female voice said in annoyance.
 
Kagome frowned and sat up higher. She turned and looked at the new comer. She had long blue hair and had suddenly grown nervous at the sight of her sitting up. “What girl?” She asked slowly, her rage growing higher as again she was met by silence. “WHAT GIRL?” She nearly screamed as she glared at everyone around her.
 
Maybe it was the way everyone looked away from her, or that she finally noticed the fact that she felt oddly separated from her pain, or it could be that they were in a place decorated so strangely that she was surprised she didn't notice it in the first place. She may have played an air head on TV, but she was smarter then she looked. It didn't take long for her to put the pieces together.
 
“I'm dead aren't I?”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: ok…prologue is done. I hope you guys like this so far. I'm not expecting reviews quite yet, not until chapter 1 is done at least.